Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Warbird
May 23, 2012

America's Favorite Dumbass

Loving the SUPER BLACK, but I am getting some weird gray bar thing at the bottom of the screen while in threads.

It appears to be due to the bottom bookmark trying to slide off the screen when entering a thread and the block of space getting “stuck” and floating at the bottom. I can make a video if needed. XS if that’s any help. Seems to be limited to the OLED mode.

Warbird fucked around with this message at 04:33 on Apr 3, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bizarro Kanyon
Jan 3, 2007

Something Awful, so easy even a spaceman can do it!

The OLED dark theme is awesome!

Oct 15, 2012

Vault Dweller
Super happy that the OLED dark mode is being implemented. Really does make the blinding white of embedded tweets stand out more though. Wasn't there talk of being able to use Twitters dark mode in embeds?

carry on then
Jul 10, 2010

by VideoGames

(and can't post for 10 years!)

Oops, forgot to deliver my tweaks to the gradient before it went out. I’ll look into that, the tweet color, and the quote icon tweaks tonight.

Warbird
May 23, 2012

Warbird posted:

Loving the SUPER BLACK, but I am getting some weird gray bar thing at the bottom of the screen while in threads.

It appears to be due to the bottom bookmark trying to slide off the screen when entering a thread and the block of space getting “stuck” and floating at the bottom. I can make a video if needed. XS if that’s any help. Seems to be limited to the OLED mode.

And now it’s no longer happening. Didn’t restart the phone or anything, so who knows.

Edit - Seems to come and go randomly. Can't nail down a common thread.

Warbird fucked around with this message at 04:50 on Apr 4, 2019

Fedule
Mar 27, 2010

No one left uncured.
I got you.
This is going to implicitly sound more critical than I intend it to for which I apologise, but I feel like I've missed something.

What's the rationale behind the "alternative" theming with the accent colour changed from the previous somewhat awkward but characteristic off-turquoise to a much bluer blue?

Weedle
May 31, 2006

Fedule posted:

This is going to implicitly sound more critical than I intend it to for which I apologise, but I feel like I've missed something.

What's the rationale behind the "alternative" theming with the accent colour changed from the previous somewhat awkward but characteristic off-turquoise to a much bluer blue?

It looks better

Shart Carbuncle
Aug 4, 2004

Star Trek:
The Motion Picture
Love the new theme!!

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

"Winning is great, sure, but if you are really going to do something in life, the secret is learning how to lose. Nobody goes undefeated all the time. If you can pick up after a crushing defeat, and go on to win again, you are going to be a champion someday."
(Wilma Rudolph)

Testing out the new theme, the BBCode closer in the top-right of the keyboard doesn’t seem to function correctly.

Vintimus Prime
Apr 24, 2008

DERRRRRPPP what are picture threads for????

OLED theme is slick!

Contra Duck
Nov 4, 2004

#1 DAD
The theme is good. I like it :stoked:

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist
What’s up with the colored number of replies?

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

Zesty posted:

What’s up with the colored number of replies?

Doesn't that reflect the color of the "star" in the User Control Panel of the web based forum UI?

Jealous Cow
Apr 4, 2002

by Fluffdaddy
Love the new theme!

Somethings up with the shortcut bar though:

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

Jealous Cow posted:

Love the new theme!

Somethings up with the shortcut bar though:

I had the weird grey bars and the shortcut bar being all messed up when I switched to the OLED theme. I force closed the app and went back in and it looks like it corrected itself.

Gunshow Poophole
Sep 14, 2008

OMBUDSMAN
POSTERS LOCAL 42069

Clapping Larry

Vintimus Prime posted:

OLED theme is slick!

Yeah!

I'm having problems and will have one right now when I post the app crashes to desktop. Post will go through, but the app asplode

Over There
Jun 28, 2013

by Azathoth
Woah

pokeyman
Nov 26, 2006

That elephant ate my entire platoon.

baram. posted:

the alignment on this menu seems a bit off.

So it is! I’ll add it to the list.

Added to the list!

Stare-Out posted:

Previews for new threads are bugged for me, they only show the topic, tag and “joined” as it appears next to one’s avatar and nothing else. Also I’m getting double entries on my bookmarks page.

Added to the list! For the duplicate bookmarks, notice anything particular about them? Does tapping either duplicate work to go to the thread? Do the duplicates appear next to each other? Any chance you have multiple pages of bookmarks?

Regular Nintendo posted:

The share sheets for images look like they don't have airdrop anymore

I don't think I ever used this, just flagging in case that's an accident

I’m actually not sure there’s a way to say no to AirDrop. When it’s missing from Awful can you do it in other apps?

carry on then posted:

I pushed a fix for the translucent toolbar in the posts view. e: and a fix for the hyperlink color.

Thanks! And yeah my bad on botching some of the work you did on your branch, thanks for jumping on it :)

Warbird posted:

Thanks! I’ll take a look.

101 posted:

Super happy that the OLED dark mode is being implemented. Really does make the blinding white of embedded tweets stand out more though. Wasn't there talk of being able to use Twitters dark mode in embeds?

Yep, it’s on my list. Always ok to ask about it though, makes it harder to forget to do it :)

Fedule posted:

Some people like it. I like the awkward off-turquoise myself, but especially with how themes are set up now it’s no trouble to have other themes available.

IllegallySober posted:

Testing out the new theme, the BBCode closer in the top-right of the keyboard doesn’t seem to function correctly.

Some of you may have wondered, have we run out of ways to break this button? And I have answered decisively: no, no we have not. I’ll take a look!

Gunshow Poophole posted:

Yeah!

I'm having problems and will have one right now when I post the app crashes to desktop. Post will go through, but the app asplode

Lemme check the crash logs, sorry about that.

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist

Proteus Jones posted:

Doesn't that reflect the color of the "star" in the User Control Panel of the web based forum UI?

Oh thought I disabled that. That’s annoying. It’s a good way to lose a bunch of bookmarks.

Gunshow Poophole
Sep 14, 2008

OMBUDSMAN
POSTERS LOCAL 42069

Clapping Larry

pokeyman posted:

Lemme check the crash logs, sorry about that.

Thanks! Also, u my friend... apologize to no man. This labor of love is quite spectacular :)

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Adding that oled theme is awesome I really like it on my iPad Pro.

Stare-Out
Mar 11, 2010

pokeyman posted:

Added to the list! For the duplicate bookmarks, notice anything particular about them? Does tapping either duplicate work to go to the thread? Do the duplicates appear next to each other? Any chance you have multiple pages of bookmarks?

Just the one page. They move around the list, sometimes separate, but once either one is tapped they seem to group back up. Both seem to work fine for going into the thread, but only one shows the new post marker correctly. Deleting either deletes them both.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

I feel dumb but could someone explain what the deal is with the OLED theme? Why is it so great on an OLED screen?

I just have a regular X so it just looks like light text on dark. If I had an OLED phone would it be psychedelic or something?

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

A regular X has an OLED screen ;)

Old can show true black so using pure #000000 is super sexy.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Ah, I see. Don’t mind me :v:

stuffed crust punk
Oct 8, 2004

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

pokeyman posted:

I’m actually not sure there’s a way to say no to AirDrop. When it’s missing from Awful can you do it in other apps?

Yep

Warbird
May 23, 2012

Problem: OLED theme in a darkened room causes a reflection of my face to appear on the screen thus causing me to reevaluate my life choices. Please advise.

Jealous Cow
Apr 4, 2002

by Fluffdaddy

Warbird posted:

Problem: OLED theme in a darkened room causes a reflection of my face to appear on the screen thus causing me to reevaluate my life choices. Please advise.

Yeah the “turn on your monitor” joke doesn’t really work anymore huh

spanky the dolphin
Sep 3, 2006

I've made a mock up of a few tweaks I think would make the OLED theme look even better:

The Platinum-Member and Quote-Clean icons are in here.

Dimming these 2 icons plus the Joined and Post Time/Date text to the value of #666666 (40% brightness) seems to knock them back a bit while still leaving them legible enough against black and the quote grey. These are secondary to the poster name and post content so fading them off a bit will make each post a bit easier to parse which should lead to a nicer user experience.

Also blackened the bottom nav but that's already in the works it seems.

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

That looks really good.

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

Not sure if we actually care but #666 on a black background fails WCAG AA accessibility standards. The dimmest you can get away with for that is #767676.

spanky the dolphin
Sep 3, 2006

Oh yeah we should probably go with that then.

46% brightness it looks like, not far off.

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

"Winning is great, sure, but if you are really going to do something in life, the secret is learning how to lose. Nobody goes undefeated all the time. If you can pick up after a crushing defeat, and go on to win again, you are going to be a champion someday."
(Wilma Rudolph)

spanky the dolphin posted:

I've made a mock up of a few tweaks I think would make the OLED theme look even better:

The Platinum-Member and Quote-Clean icons are in here.

Dimming these 2 icons plus the Joined and Post Time/Date text to the value of #666666 (40% brightness) seems to knock them back a bit while still leaving them legible enough against black and the quote grey. These are secondary to the poster name and post content so fading them off a bit will make each post a bit easier to parse which should lead to a nicer user experience.

Also blackened the bottom nav but that's already in the works it seems.

I like this look a lot.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

The Dave posted:

Not sure if we actually care but #666 on a black background fails WCAG AA accessibility standards. The dimmest you can get away with for that is #767676.

I don't know anything about this stuff as I don't need it, but I'm glad there's people who do. :)

Weedle
May 31, 2006

Wow those bubble quotes look great. Add that to every theme please.

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

Endless Mike posted:

I don't know anything about this stuff as I don't need it, but I'm glad there's people who do. :)

You’re glad that people need it?

You monster.

spanky the dolphin
Sep 3, 2006

The Dave posted:

This is it with all those bits (now including the • • • icon) in #767676

A bit brighter than the previous image - the grey I used was actually 30 brightness, not 40. Still, it's important to meet accessibility guidelines, and it is darker than the current grey so it helps.

e: Could the joined / post date be a touch smaller maybe?

spanky the dolphin fucked around with this message at 02:44 on Apr 6, 2019

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist

Hello.

stuffed crust punk
Oct 8, 2004

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

You were the closest image at hand hahah

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stare-Out
Mar 11, 2010

Had this happen all of a sudden today (the grey bar).