Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Old Binsby
Jun 27, 2014

Dr.Caligari posted:

How does amphetamine come over there? I’m sure you have some form of prescription stimulants, but do you have amphetamine paste or is meth more prevalent?

I assume you are taking a pharmaceutical ?

euro amphetamines are sold as paste and a minority of black market vendors are pressing their own pills, not a lot of meth ime. Not sure where it’s coming from but there seems to be pharmaceutical dexedrine aplenty in the Balkans. At least over the course of a few trips to Serbia and Croatia i’ve somehow always encountered someone who’d have a pack to share :q:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A SWEATY FATBEARD
Oct 6, 2012

:buddy: GAY 4 ORGANS :buddy:

Dr.Caligari posted:

How does amphetamine come over there? I’m sure you have some form of prescription stimulants, but do you have amphetamine paste or is meth more prevalent?

I assume you are taking a pharmaceutical ?

Nope, it's a genuine rave candy. Surprisingly, no form of amphetamine is approved over here as a legitimate medication for adhd. Not even tame stuff like Ritalin (I already asked my doc about it and nearly got kicked out of his office eg it's a firsthand experience.)

Dr.Caligari
May 5, 2005

"Here's a big, beautiful avatar for someone"

A SWEATY FATBEARD posted:

Nope, it's a genuine rave candy.

So, meth?

Dr.Caligari
May 5, 2005

Given what you’ve said about spending time with your cat , I guessing it’s of the MDMA variety.

serious norman
Dec 13, 2007

im pickle rick!!!!
Sheesh. There are posters from 200x that have Nigga in their user names and have had for years. Weird for a mod to probate for this imo. On the other hand I'm a euronigga

spankmeister
Jun 15, 2008

Nope, it's a genuine rave candy. Surprisingly, no form of amphetamine is approved over here as a legitimate medication for adhd. Not even tame stuff like Ritalin (I already asked my doc about it and nearly got kicked out of his office eg it's a firsthand experience.)

So MDMA then?

take the moon
Feb 13, 2011

by sebmojo
i mean, he said it was an amph

unless he literally has no idea what drugs hes taking which is Not Good

serious norman
Dec 13, 2007

im pickle rick!!!!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lG2nFJHnjCs&t=21s

lmfao at being an american triggered by this. Welcome To Non-Americas.

Bobbie Wickham
Apr 13, 2008

by Smythe
Okay, let's chill about that.

Edit: I really can't do anything about old user names, but maybe report them if you think it's problematic.

Dr.Caligari
May 5, 2005

take the moon posted:

i mean, he said it was an amph

unless he literally has no idea what drugs hes taking which is Not Good

I was just curious. Not all amps are created a like and I didn’t even know what was available there

No idea what drug (or combo of) is probably the most likely if it’s a pressed pill. A quick glance on EcstacyData will show what kinds of combos, pills of unknown strength and flat out duds are floating around.

A SWEATY FATBEARD
Oct 6, 2012

Dr.Caligari posted:

pills of unknown strength and flat out duds are floating around.

Yeah I think this thing was a dud. I just felt woozy though that was probably weed's doing. It was a pink pressed cube. Let's not forget that I'm on terrifying amounts of psyciatric medication, this pill might have got drowned out in a huge mass of chemicals in my body. I am disappoint.

Dr.Caligari
May 5, 2005

:psyduck:

I was worried about that. You may have gotten very lucky . SSRIs will nullify MDMA, but can also lead to Serotonin Syndrome .

Not to mention I think your boy, Tramadol + MDMA is a dangerous combo

Stay safe ASF. Come to TCC, or ask here (I think a lot of us read this thread) is you aren’t sure about something

The Butcher
Apr 20, 2005

Well, at least we tried.
Nap Ghost
Where does Drug Baba even get all these drugs to sell from?

Is she just using her own prescriptions or does she have old lady black market hookups?

Old Binsby
Jun 27, 2014

Wait, Drug Baba is an actual, singular old lady selling drugs and calling you (apparently)? I always assumed there were a varying number of grey market 'distributors' that were all interchangably called Drug Baba.

A SWEATY FATBEARD
Oct 6, 2012

The Butcher posted:

Where does Drug Baba even get all these drugs to sell from?

Is she just using her own prescriptions or does she have old lady black market hookups?

There is one and only drug baba, it's not multiple persons. I think she's raiding retirement homes for prescription painkiller drugs, there is no other explanation. Somebody is selling her prescription meds of old folk who are too senile to realize that their pills have been swiped, in agreement with the nurses who are probably getting a share of the cake.

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!

There is one and only drug baba, it's not multiple persons. I think she's raiding retirement homes for prescription painkiller drugs, there is no other explanation. Somebody is selling her prescription meds of old folk who are too senile to realize that their pills have been swiped, in agreement with the nurses who are probably getting a share of the cake.

what will she deal next, the old peoples BLOOD!? :stare:

drug vampire baba: here lemme get some of this.... *draws blood from old senile* you aren't using this anyway, might as well sell it to someone who can!

Veni Vidi Ameche!
Nov 2, 2017

by Fluffdaddy

Croatio: a land of contrasts. Drug babas roam the aisles of local flea markets, collecting phone numbers and dispensing drugs of every variety with nary a worry from the local constabulary, but there is apparently a nation-wide blanket ban on the sort of drugs much of the Western world shovels into their children by the wheelbarrow.

Dick Bastardly posted:

what will she deal next, the old peoples BLOOD!? :stare:

drug vampire baba: here lemme get some of this.... *draws blood from old senile* you aren't using this anyway, might as well sell it to someone who can!

This is basically the plot of I Come in Peace, except it's not just olds having their blood stolen.

ParserGirl
Jun 3, 2005

Dick Bastardly posted:

It’s like some sort of bizzaro homeopathy where the blood of the ancient makes you young.

Cuddly Tumblemumps
Aug 23, 2013

Postmodernity means the exhilarating freedom to pursue anything, yet mind-boggling uncertainty as to what is worth pursuing and in the name of what one should pursue it.

Now I am just imagining Cindy McCain in a headscarf and rubberboots wandering around to retirement homes snagging pills for this racket.

Old Binsby
Jun 27, 2014

I'm not aware of Cindy McCains reputation but I imagined 'the babas' as Nancy Reagan-tier Correct ladies with some sort of bulletproof reputation. Like people would believe you really hated drugs so much you could get away with wearing this shirt unironically. Or at least would be forgiven for it

Not a knock on Reagan or anything, I don't want to debate the merits of drug policies but for real: I don't see how one sells scheduled opiates to users face to face for any amount of time in a country that Hates Drugs so

Cuddly Tumblemumps
Aug 23, 2013

Postmodernity means the exhilarating freedom to pursue anything, yet mind-boggling uncertainty as to what is worth pursuing and in the name of what one should pursue it.

Old Binsby posted:

I'm not aware of Cindy McCains reputation but I imagined 'the babas' as Nancy Reagan-tier Correct ladies with some sort of bulletproof reputation. Like people would believe you really hated drugs so much you could get away with wearing this shirt unironically. Or at least would be forgiven for it

Not a knock on Reagan or anything, I don't want to debate the merits of drug policies but for real: I don't see how one sells scheduled opiates to users face to face for any amount of time in a country that Hates Drugs so

:sun:Cindy McCain stole opiate drugs from a charity she had meant to provide said drugs to dying children.:sun: So you get that rictus grin of a refined Middle Americana matriarch, a la Mrs. Reagan, but with the depraved junkie grit that makes for a long-standing character in this thread.

A SWEATY FATBEARD
Oct 6, 2012

I apparently decided to become a square. Drug Baba phoned me the other day, after a long long time, and I told her that I'm just too broke to buy pills from her, while mr weed is not interested anymore, and that she can sell her drugs to someone else. This didn't bum her out too much, it seemed that there was an ample demand for her pills!

Oh, and I went on a job interview, a first one after a really long time. Heck, a factory wanted someone to drive a small forklift truck around, picking up crates with waste, taking them out to the dumpsters where the waste is to be sorted and pressed. I didn't even think they'd call me, I sent my CV to them mostly as a joke. The problem is that the interview went almost too well, and now they want to send me on a general medical examination. They never would have called me if they knew that I'm on terrifying amounts of psychiatric medication, so that means that I'll have to lie. A lot. And even if they catch me cheating on those generalized tickbox tests ("have you ever thought about suicide?") I'm getting a free examination out of this like a real-deal bum. Who knows, maybe I'll really get that job - the guy asked me how much I would expect to earn here and I said "minimum wage" and the guy looked impressed. Besides, there were two other candidates along with me but I was the only one mindful enough to bring my forklift drivers' license with me.

I got a bunch of old Zyprexas from Vesna. She told me that she was allergic to olanzapine, and her logic mandated that she should not take any psychiatric medication at all (because she's so allergic to them, man) and store the blisters in an old shoebox. I, of course, got my paws on those Zyprexas. I was put off a bit when I saw that they expired during the George W. Bush administration, but took a few of them for the hell of it - it's not an antibiotic, meaning it's mostly safe to take even though the pills' potency will be diminished. I took two and they seemed to work well enough. I haven't grown any additional arms and nothing weird happened, so I'll keep taking them for the hell of it, YOLO bitches.

A new Serbian radio set arrived today! It was manufactured in 1971 and is generally in a great shape. I bought it off an enthusiast, those people are never looking to screw you over (or they can't stand having broken sets around their garages).

Lead out in cuffs
Sep 18, 2012

"That's right. We've evolved."

"I can see that. Cool mutations."

I apparently decided to become a square.

What, really?

I got a bunch of old Zyprexas from Vesna.

I took two and they seemed to work well enough. I haven't grown any additional arms and nothing weird happened, so I'll keep taking them for the hell of it, YOLO bitches.

Yup.

A new Serbian radio set arrived today! It was manufactured in 1971 and is generally in a great shape. I bought it off an enthusiast, those people are never looking to screw you over (or they can't stand having broken sets around their garages).

Nice radio! Do you listen to the radio?

A SWEATY FATBEARD
Oct 6, 2012

Lead out in cuffs posted:

Nice radio! Do you listen to the radio?

I like retro music and talk radio. If the host is interesting, they can make an interesting show worth listening about pretty much anything.

AlbieQuirky
Oct 9, 2012

Just me and my 🌊dragon🐉 hanging out

I like retro music and talk radio. If the host is interesting, they can make an interesting show worth listening about pretty much anything.

Does Croatia have phone-in radio shows, where listeners call in with their opinions?

A SWEATY FATBEARD
Oct 6, 2012

AlbieQuirky posted:

Does Croatia have phone-in radio shows, where listeners call in with their opinions?

Yes, unfortunately.

Have a cute video of me petting Bobbie while Mr Weed is doing the soundtrack. I just realized that there is not enough weed in my life.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8eo18rYYnfI

Crazycryodude
Aug 15, 2015

Lets get our X tons of Duranium back!

....Is that still a valid thing to jingoistically blow out of proportion?

This video is extremely calming and also makes me want to smoke a bowl and get a cat

Millow
Apr 30, 2006

some say he's a rude dude with a crude 'tude
Mr Weed can strum and I like those big plastic bottles of Lowenbrau. Join us on the discord doggy, we saw you enter!

Lead out in cuffs
Sep 18, 2012

"That's right. We've evolved."

"I can see that. Cool mutations."

Yes, unfortunately.

Have a cute video of me petting Bobbie while Mr Weed is doing the soundtrack. I just realized that there is not enough weed in my life.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8eo18rYYnfI

E/N: Everyone's/Neurotic > Croatia: I just realized that there is not enough weed in my life.

you were warned
Jul 12, 2006

(the S is for skeleton)

I, of course, got my paws on those Zyprexas. I was put off a bit when I saw that they expired during the George W. Bush administration, but took a few of them for the hell of it - it's not an antibiotic, meaning it's mostly safe to take even though the pills' potency will be diminished. I took two and they seemed to work well enough. I haven't grown any additional arms and nothing weird happened, so I'll keep taking them for the hell of it, YOLO bitches.

What do you mean by "seemed to work well enough"? Why would anyone take zyprexa recreationally? I'm guessing it's not for the weight gain or diabetes.

take the moon
Feb 13, 2011

by sebmojo
i was wondering that too but thought maybe id missed a history of psychosis or something

Dr.Caligari
May 5, 2005

It’s an escape, rather it be from some ailment or reality. I love ASFB, but it’s one of the saddest parts of his stories.

A SWEATY FATBEARD
Oct 6, 2012

take the moon posted:

i was wondering that too but thought maybe id missed a history of psychosis or something

This guy knows, I have a long, long history of 'phrenia, I used to be one of those "the Jews are putting up cameras in my bathroom" types before I got back on antipsychotics in 2007, and I got zyprexa as it was the "least barbaric" one back then. The downside is that I'm dependant on a constant stream of pills, while holidays and weekends are my enemies because every so often I realize that I'm all out of meds and that there is noone to write me a new script. Emergency doctors won't write you any scripts either. That's one thing America has over Europe, that America has far more workdays and is less likely to leave you craving for your medication but nope, you're stuck until Monday morning. So this pill hoarding came out of necessity, I'm just too absent-minded to keep track of my pills otherwise. I am now going to rotate stock with Vesna's expired pills and stock some brand new ones - I'm clueless to the point where I really need to keep a few pills extra :)

ChickenOfTomorrow
Nov 11, 2012

god damn it, you've got to be kind

This guy knows, I have a long, long history of 'phrenia, I used to be one of those "the Jews are putting up cameras in my bathroom" types before I got back on antipsychotics in 2007, and I got zyprexa as it was the "least barbaric" one back then. The downside is that I'm dependant on a constant stream of pills, while holidays and weekends are my enemies because every so often I realize that I'm all out of meds and that there is noone to write me a new script. Emergency doctors won't write you any scripts either. That's one thing America has over Europe, that America has far more workdays and is less likely to leave you craving for your medication but nope, you're stuck until Monday morning. So this pill hoarding came out of necessity, I'm just too absent-minded to keep track of my pills otherwise. I am now going to rotate stock with Vesna's expired pills and stock some brand new ones - I'm clueless to the point where I really need to keep a few pills extra :)

Would you like to workshop with us some ideas for how you could keep track better, or keep a constant stock of pills without needing to keep track?

you were warned
Jul 12, 2006

(the S is for skeleton)

So this pill hoarding came out of necessity, I'm just too absent-minded to keep track of my pills otherwise. I am now going to rotate stock with Vesna's expired pills and stock some brand new ones - I'm clueless to the point where I really need to keep a few pills extra :)

Ah, gotcha. I knew you occasionally actually take the psych meds that you're prescribed ;) but didn't know if zyprexa was currently one of them. Popping a few doses of an antipsychotic here and there to see if it makes you less crazy definitely won't, since building up and maintaining a steady blood level is key. But you've already been around the block enough to know that. ASFB gonna ASFB :shrug:

Have you tried setting a few pills aside in a separate container when you first get a prescription filled? When the main package itself is empty, you'd realize that it's time to get a refill, but you'd still have some left. I'd suggest using a weekly pill organizer for that, since they let you know in advance if you have enough for the rest of the week, but they rely on having moments lucid enough to set it up properly and then knowing what day it is. If you've been eating a bunch of your latest drug of choice and losing several days at a time and cooking chairs, a pill organizer probably wouldn't help, unfortunately.

A SWEATY FATBEARD
Oct 6, 2012

ChickenOfTomorrow posted:

Would you like to workshop with us some ideas for how you could keep track better, or keep a constant stock of pills without needing to keep track?

I've grown much better about the whole pill supply thing. Now I'm keeping emergency pills stashed away in a secure place for the peace of mind against my dumb babby problems: sometimes I'm too hosed up on other drugs to walk to the pharmacy, sometimes it's raining, maybe my gp was too busy to answer the phone (as it usually happens on Mondays) yadda yadda yadda. There's a thousand lazy reasons preventing me from picking up my refill :D

Today I finally found out where these tramadol pills are coming from: a corrupt gp is writing phony prescriptions and refills to herself, later picking the drugs up at a pharmacy and selling them to drug baba for $8 apiece. :ughh:

And don't get me started on her. Today she phoned me again to pitch some pills, and when I told her that I'm broke, which is the truth, she got all kissy and weepy, calling me "her angel" wanting to know when I will see her again over her pea soup. It was a very confusing conversation to say the least. Don't tell me she's a 75 year old drug dealer with a crush on my dumb rear end? :ughh:

Bobbie Wickham
Apr 13, 2008

by Smythe
Aww, Drug Babba thinks of you as her Drug Grandson.

A SWEATY FATBEARD
Oct 6, 2012

To elaborate on Drug Baba, because I feel that this phoneposting results in jumbled and half-baked posts.

She said that she likes me a whole lot, a LOT, even though at 75, she feels old enough to be my mother. And then she asked when will I see her again, because she wants to share some of her home cooking with me, pea&pod soup to be more specific.

On a scale from 0 to 10, how much trouble am I in again?

HugeGrossBurrito
Mar 20, 2018
I think that depends on how much you want to get boned by an elderly woman

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Millow
Apr 30, 2006

some say he's a rude dude with a crude 'tude
It's just a ruse to get you to buy drugs. If she really wanted a piece of ol' Sweaty she'd be enticing you over with free pills instead of soup.