Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

site posted:

yeah this is in cap. im not entirely sure who the whole crew is, but the ones i can identify are natasha, jessica drew, bobbi morse, sue storm, toni ho, misty knight, uhh whoever the white tiger is (i think), and then a couple others i dont readily recognize

Didn't both White Tigers retire at the end of Ewing's New Avengers since they lost their powers? Although I think one of them was a former FBI agent, so her skills would be appropriate for covert ops A-Force.

I guess that could be Black Cat in the bottom right? She's got white hair.

In other Spider-Man related news: :rip: Gibbon.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

the white tiger lady better be a female version of Tigerstryke

Wanderer
Nov 5, 2006

our every move is the new tradition
The White Tiger in that shot is probably Angela, because she was in a previous issue, and the lady with the handwraps to the right of Jessica is almost certainly Maya Lopez.

I'd love to know who the Mohawk is, though.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

Yvonmukluk posted:

Didn't both White Tigers retire at the end of Ewing's New Avengers since they lost their powers? Although I think one of them was a former FBI agent, so her skills would be appropriate for covert ops A-Force.

I guess that could be Black Cat in the bottom right? She's got white hair.

In other Spider-Man related news: :rip: Gibbon.

No they just stopped using the tiger amulet for power because the tiger god was a manipulative rear end in a top hat. Said god/amulet later appeared in Ewing's Ultimates2 being used by Black Panther (almost on brand) so he could join up in the big fight between all the cosmic entities like Galactus and Ego and Chaos.

White Tiger (at least Ava) doesn't quit the hero game though, she just no longer has powers.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

I'd laugh if the girl with white hair turned out to be White Fox because it would mean two different writers suddenly remembering she exists within a few months of one another

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

War of the Realms started okay. It's really just like another issue of Thor with extra heroes thrown in.
I wonder if it'd be more impactful/exciting for someone who hasn't been seeing this stuff build for the last six years.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
so i guess we're not getting hot red she hulk lol

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

site posted:

so i guess we're not getting hot red she hulk lol

Nope just a harpie of a wife

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch

Teenage Fansub posted:

War of the Realms started okay. It's really just like another issue of Thor with extra heroes thrown in.
I wonder if it'd be more impactful/exciting for someone who hasn't been seeing this stuff build for the last six years.

yeah, very much just the next issue of thor. if i hadnt kept up on it or only knew about thor from the movies i would probably have a ton of questions lol

bobkatt013 posted:

Nope just a harpie of a wife

a terrible joke, but one i could imagine ewing doing what he did specifically to make it

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

I want Russell Dauterman to draw and Matthew Wilson to color every comic I read from now on. Seriously they're like my favorite art team in years.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
there are some very nice spreads yup

Tavarin
May 10, 2003

I am definitely a madman with a box

site posted:

yeah, very much just the next issue of thor. if i hadnt kept up on it or only knew about thor from the movies i would probably have a ton of questions lol

a terrible joke, but one i could imagine ewing doing what he did specifically to make it

Betty actually transformed into a Harpy because of MODOK back in the '70s, but she was green.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
okay well ewing is sucker for that deep continuity, so that figures

so, im reading marvel team up (the new spidey/ms marvel book) and tbh i cant quite remember the end of the last clone arc but i dont recall the jackal turning into a goblin? did that happen? is there a second spidey villain named jackal? he mentions cloning so it must be that jackal

site fucked around with this message at 03:41 on Apr 4, 2019

Edge & Christian
May 20, 2001

Earth-1145 is truly the best!
A world of singing, magic frogs,
high adventure, no shitposters

site posted:

so, im reading marvel team up (the new spidey/ms marvel book) and tbh i cant quite remember the end of the last clone arc but i dont recall the jackal turning into a goblin? did that happen? is there a second spidey villain named jackal?
Mile Warren/The Jackal always looked like that? Or I guess it was a costume back in the 1970s, but at some point in the 1990s he cloned himself and just actually looked like that, I think.

Ben Reilly was Business Suit and Egyptian Mask Jackal in Clone Conspiracy, but Actual Jackal eventually showed up too

Looking at Clone Conspiracy, he was Regular Guy in a Suit in the 1970s, mutated Actual Jackal in the 1990s, and as of Clone Conspiracy is back to Regular Guy in a Suit.

Edge & Christian fucked around with this message at 03:52 on Apr 4, 2019

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch

Edge & Christian posted:

Mile Warren/The Jackal always looked like that? Or I guess it was a costume back in the 1970s, but at some point in the 1990s he cloned himself and just actually looked like that, I think.

Ben Reilly was Business Suit and Egyptian Mask Jackal in Clone Conspiracy, but Actual Jackal eventually showed up too

Looking at Clone Conspiracy, he was Regular Guy in a Suit in the 1970s, mutated Actual Jackal in the 1990s, and as of Clone Conspiracy is back to Regular Guy in a Suit.

huh, guess i did forget

why does he call himself the jackal when he looks like a goblin. mixed branding imo

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
There was already a green goblin n and you know Norman has copyright and would legislate with all he has

Edge & Christian
May 20, 2001

Earth-1145 is truly the best!
A world of singing, magic frogs,
high adventure, no shitposters

site posted:

why does he call himself the jackal when he looks like a goblin. mixed branding imo

The Jackal debuted in Amazing Spider-Man 129 (the same issue that saw the debut of the Punisher).

It was less than a year after they killed off the Green Goblin "for good" and they had the self-control to wait another seven months to make Harry the second Green Goblin, so maybe they didn't want to go back to that well but felt like there should be some evil green dude with big ears in the Spider-Man book. The Jackal name probably came from a popular movie from the previous year (based on a popular novel from a couple of years earlier The Day of the Jackal even though that movie was about an expert marksman/assassin so it would have made more sense to name the Punisher the Jackal in terms of pop culture.

Though by debuting the Jackal and the Punisher in the same issue, they managed to combine "guy with a gun" and "crosshairs" on a Spider-Man cover along with the phrase THE JACKAL in big letters.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch

CharlestheHammer posted:

There was already a green goblin n and you know Norman has copyright and would legislate with all he has

Does Matt murdock represent Osborn in that because The Law or does he represent jackal because supervillains shouldn't be allowed to copyright anything since they are criminals

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
He kind of looks like a some of the DnD Jackalmen but green early on but kind of goes progressively more goblin.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

I enjoyed Spider-Man interacting with the Thors.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

site posted:

Does Matt murdock represent Osborn in that because The Law or does he represent jackal because supervillains shouldn't be allowed to copyright anything since they are criminals

Daredevil represents the jackal, Matt, Osborn.

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

"Do you want to talk to a spider, Peter?"

Edge & Christian posted:

The Jackal debuted in Amazing Spider-Man 129 (the same issue that saw the debut of the Punisher).

It was less than a year after they killed off the Green Goblin "for good" and they had the self-control to wait another seven months to make Harry the second Green Goblin, so maybe they didn't want to go back to that well but felt like there should be some evil green dude with big ears in the Spider-Man book. The Jackal name probably came from a popular movie from the previous year (based on a popular novel from a couple of years earlier The Day of the Jackal even though that movie was about an expert marksman/assassin so it would have made more sense to name the Punisher the Jackal in terms of pop culture.

Though by debuting the Jackal and the Punisher in the same issue, they managed to combine "guy with a gun" and "crosshairs" on a Spider-Man cover along with the phrase THE JACKAL in big letters.

loving amazing. I love hearing about how old comics pulled from pop culture of the time. Like, the Eternals being inspired by Chariot of the Gods.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

hows realmwars

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

Weirdly low key. Reads just like an issue of Thor mixed with a little Avengers. None of the heroes seem very perturbed by the invasion, and it's not really selling me on the need for anyone to seek out the trillions of tie-ins yet.
One character 'dies' (and another is at least on their way to dying,) but because of the nature of that character, the impact is pretty slight.

Teenage Fansub fucked around with this message at 11:27 on Apr 4, 2019

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Low-key you say...

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

Could someone make a career out of accidentally producing perfect puns? Lemme know.

Wanderer
Nov 5, 2006

our every move is the new tradition

Teenage Fansub posted:

Weirdly low key. Reads just like an issue of Thor mixed with a little Avengers. None of the heroes seem very perturbed by the invasion, and it's not really selling me on the need for anyone to seek out the trillions of tie-ins yet.

I have to admit, I sort of like that it doesn't start out immediately apocalyptic. It feels very much like a post-Man of Steel superhero story in that there's a lot of collateral damage, but I think you only see one pedestrian even getting hit the entire time, and a lot of the heroes spend their panel time on rescuing civilians.

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

"Do you want to talk to a spider, Peter?"

Just realized that the opening three issues of Hickman’s Avengers (Not New Avengers) is pretty similar to Giant Size X-Men. Replace Krakoa with a terraformed Mars, and Cyclops with Cap.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Teenage Fansub posted:

Could someone make a career out of accidentally producing perfect puns? Lemme know.

It's called wordplay. Not wordjob.

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Entrapta fucking loves robots

Grimey Drawer

Alaois posted:

I'd laugh if the girl with white hair turned out to be White Fox because it would mean two different writers suddenly remembering she exists within a few months of one another

I'm pretty sure that Sharon Carter, remember, she's old now. Also, the woman with red hair and the hood isn't Natasha, it's brand new anti-hero The Dryad! I totally thought it was Widow, but the next scene is her trashing some dudes and telling them to let their boss know that the Dryad is going to beat the poo poo out of them.

Kind of sad that Ewing went for the deep cut of turning Betty into the Harpy again, instead of red she-hulk, but og Harpy was green, so something else is happening here. Also, super pumped to see what Banner/Fixit is gonna do. Immortal Hulk is too good for us.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
I'm pretty sure it's Natasha she's just going by a different handle because she's pretending she's still dead

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

Soonmot posted:

Also, the woman with red hair and the hood isn't Natasha, it's brand new anti-hero The Dryad!

While the Dryad probably is Natasha, she has blonde hair, not red.

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Entrapta fucking loves robots

Grimey Drawer
Wow, that's a lot of wierd effort

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

https://www.bleedingcool.com/2019/04/08/punisher-kill-krew-launching-from-marvel-comics-in-july/

DivineCoffeeBinge
Mar 3, 2011

Spider-Man's Amazing Construction Company

welp

I'm sold

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

There's also a new Loki series spinning out of Realms (with his 'death' in last week's issue) from Daniel Kibblesmith.
https://www.cbr.com/loki-new-series-mjolnir-war-of-the-realms/

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
I hope he teams up with lockjaw for no other reason than kibblesmiths lockjaw was good

Also that's the gay pride flag behind him and none of you will convince me otherwise

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

Oh yeah. Not that anyone wouldn't expect Asgard to be rebuilt at the end of this thing, but a working rainbow bridge is a spoiler too.

edit: Here's where the new stuff is coming from:
https://twitter.com/Marvel/status/1115320909076807680
They show the covers of Hickman's X minis and reveal that they're both 40 page comics.

Teenage Fansub fucked around with this message at 00:38 on Apr 9, 2019

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

site posted:

I hope he teams up with lockjaw for no other reason than kibblesmiths lockjaw was good

Also that's the gay pride flag behind him and none of you will convince me otherwise

Asgard kind of feels like it would be pretty gay and they can retcon the rainbow bridge into being a banner of support for decades.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

site posted:

I was about to ask if he'd written anything good, I liked that series.