Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lt. Broccoli
Jun 4, 2006

It just sits there. Completely harmless.
Posting in the switch thread extremely late to say Jumpgates are awesome and good! My original dock stopped charging USB attached devices and Jumpgate is not only $20 cheaper but looks cooler and is way easier to transport too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
Does anyone make a Nintendo pro style controller (with proper A/B button placement) but also with analog triggers?

Weedle
May 31, 2006

Reality Winter posted:

Does anyone make a Nintendo pro style controller (with proper A/B button placement) but also with analog triggers?

No. Switch games (except for Trials Rising) don’t support analog triggers.

Spellman
May 31, 2011

Mr Ice Cream Glove posted:

So seems Nintendo of America came out to say Labo VR, you cannot remove the joycons when using it

https://www.theverge.com/2019/4/5/18297176/nintendo-labo-vr-breath-of-the-wild-mario-odyssey

That is going to tire your arms really quickly

Talk poo poo get fit

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

Weedle posted:

No. Switch games (except for Trials Rising) don’t support analog triggers.

I'm looking for something I can play on PC with, but with the proper nintendo button placements.

Mak0rz
Aug 2, 2008

😎🐗🚬

I'm at a point in Baba now where it's mentally exhausting to play from all of the thinking I have to do. I'll get through maybe one puzzle a day. Two I'm I'm lucky.

This game owns.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:

Reality Winter posted:

I'm looking for something I can play on PC with, but with the proper nintendo button placements.

8bitdo snes30, but it doesn't have analog. In fact, I think they're the only company making Android/iOS/Mac/PC compatible controllers with a Nintendo-style B->A orientation.
Thanks to the Xbox 360 and MS making a wired USB version of the controller, A->B has basically become the de facto standard over the last ~12 years.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Reality Winter posted:

why not just remap the buttons if you want to change them

Bleck
Jan 7, 2014

No matter how one loves, there are always different aims. Love can take a great many forms, whatever the era.

Reality Winter posted:

http://www.8bitdo.com/

edit: oh you're looking for analog triggers, guess I shoulda read

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

I guess I could open up a xbox controller and switch out the buttons

I will look at 8bitdo, thanks.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Reality Winter posted:

I mean, just remap them in software.

It's not like you are looking at the controller buttons when you are playing.

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

Reality Winter posted:

Who is still looking at the names of the buttons? I can play a Nintendo game on an emulator with a Xbox controller without having to look down at the controller to see what button I'm supposed to be pressing.

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

Finally finished Bayonetta. Thank you #CompletedOnSwitch.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Steve2911 posted:

Finally finished Bayonetta. Thank you #CompletedOnSwitch.

How many joycons did you go through?

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

Cartoon Man posted:

How many joycons did you go through?

I think I'm actually gonna buy a Pro for Bayonetta 2. Those things just aren't built for witch time.

redreader
Nov 2, 2009

I am the coolest person ever with my pirate chalice. Seriously.

Dinosaur Gum
Going on a business trip for a week. Bringing my switch. I have:
Zelda, Mario Odyssey, hollow knight, into the breach, dark souls. Finished all apart from Mario.
I have but don't enjoy Celeste. I have Mario party too.
Any recommend buys? What is the best atelier on switch?

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

Idk how much you’ve played it already but Outrun is super chill and a perfect side dish for big games

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

redreader posted:

I have but don't enjoy Celeste.

:staredog:

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

I also think Celeste was just "fine" since there were a few sections that really soured me and were Extremely Not Fun. Timing for some of the bounce clouds comes to mind.

Smirking_Serpent posted:

Idk how much you’ve played it already but Outrun is super chill and a perfect side dish for big games

second this

A FUCKIN CANARY!!
Nov 9, 2005

Reality Winter posted:

Is it the button labeling that bothers you, or do you want to actually reverse the function of the buttons? 8bitdo controllers are labeled Nintendo style, but for any PC game expecting an Xinput controller you'll still have to press the button labeled B when the game expects A.

A FUCKIN CANARY!! fucked around with this message at 21:36 on Apr 6, 2019

Mak0rz
Aug 2, 2008

😎🐗🚬

The moment the SNES came out that layout for lettered buttons should have become an ISO standard or something. gently caress Microsoft for messing with it.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Mak0rz posted:

The moment the SNES came out that layout for lettered buttons should have become an ISO standard or something. gently caress Microsoft for messing with it.

Just uh :dealwithit: tho

A FUCKIN CANARY!!
Nov 9, 2005

Mak0rz posted:

i think sega hosed it up first

Mak0rz
Aug 2, 2008

😎🐗🚬

Yea I played enough of both 360 and SNES that it's a non issue for me really. My girlfriend gets frustrated though because she's not used to the Nintendo layout and fumbles a lot of button prompts.

A FUCKIN CANARY!!
Nov 9, 2005

Showing button prompts as the button's location instead of a letter like Switch does solves the problem and I hope PC/Xbox figures that out eventually.

HPanda
Sep 5, 2008
I jump between Nintendo consoles and PC all the time, and the swapped buttons still get me every now and then. It's really only an issue for things like QTE or some rhythm games, where you need to hit the button shown on the screen quickly and you won't know what it is ahead of time.

Agreeing that Microsoft were dicks for just straight up pulling the Nintendo buttons but reversed. Could have picked any other four letters, numbers, or shapes, but no.

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

A FUCKIN CANARY!! posted:

i think sega hosed it up first
Yeah, Sega hosed it up with the 6 button Genesis controller, and carried it on to the Saturn and Dreamcast and then Xbox for some reason

Mak0rz
Aug 2, 2008

😎🐗🚬

I don't think the Sega and GameCube ones even factor into it because the layouts were different enough that it didn't matter. Also Nintendo played with the size and shapes of the GameCube buttons too which really helped to make the prompts clear and learn their positions super fast.

asecondduck
Feb 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
I really like the Gamecube button layout and I wish that it had stuck around

Nep-Nep
May 15, 2004

Just one more thing!
Shoutouts to GCN version of Mega Man Anniversary Collection having A set to shoot and B to jump.

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

asecondduck posted:

I really like the Gamecube button layout and I wish that it had stuck around
:chloe:

Seriously though, while the GC layout was uhh interesting I guess, it sucks now because it doesn't map properly to a standardized controller if you're doing emulation. I set up THPS3 in Dolphin and was ready to shred but everything was off center because A was B and B was Y and Y was X and X was A.

A FUCKIN CANARY!!
Nov 9, 2005

I just map the buttons as if they were in the locations they were in on the SNES and for most games it works out fine. I've always thought of it as SNES except with X and Y rotated out of the way rather than 3 buttons in a row + Y.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

American McGay posted:

:chloe:

Seriously though, while the GC layout was uhh interesting I guess, it sucks now because it doesn't map properly to a standardized controller if you're doing emulation. I set up THPS3 in Dolphin and was ready to shred but everything was off center because A was B and B was Y and Y was X and X was A.

The GC controller was, to me, perfect. Having an asymmetrical layout really helped me remember what was what without looking.

Big A, small B, X/Y on the rims. Pretty great.

Standard cardinal 4 buttons tend to confuse me if I switch systems.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Inzombiac posted:

The GC controller was, to me, perfect. Having an asymmetrical layout really helped me remember what was what without looking.

Big A, small B, X/Y on the rims. Pretty great.

Standard cardinal 4 buttons tend to confuse me if I switch systems.

Good thing youre an adult now

A FUCKIN CANARY!!
Nov 9, 2005

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat
The Genesis was awesome! 6 face buttons! ABC, XYC in alphabetical order from left to right! Play Street Fighter 2 without shoulder buttons!

xedo
Nov 7, 2011

Spacedad posted:

West Of Loathing is being advertised on the nintendo switch home screen and news section with an interview with the devs. :eyepop:

I haven't seen the interview yet, but fyi to WoL fans there is a dlc on steam, Gun Manor. Should be coming to switch soon. Do they mention an ETA for switch in the interview?

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

This is violence.

TheHoosier
Dec 30, 2004

The fuck, Graham?!

Finally reached top 5 in Tetris 99 and got d/ced. :bang:

Battle Royale Tetris was a genius idea

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Steve Yun posted:

The Genesis was awesome! 6 face buttons! ABC, XYC in alphabetical order from left to right! Play Street Fighter 2 without shoulder buttons!

Real hardcore kids knew just to use c and z. Only losers put less than all their might nto a strike