Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Do you like Alien 3 "Assembly Cut"?
Yes, Alien 3 "Assembly Cut" was tits.
No, Alien and Aliens are the only valid Alien films.
Nah gently caress you Alien 3 sucks in all its forms.
View Results

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

No but I only have one tv with a Blu Ray player and by the time I get home it’s being used by my roommates.

It’s also my good buddies birthday so I might just go out after work. I’ve seent all them movies many times, spent thousands of dollars on merch. I don’t need no day to celebrate my love. :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iMD0CeR1bBM

The Isolation machinima is out. So is one of the Anthology shorts.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hu_4PgSXbDY

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

"Do you want to talk to a spider, Peter?"

Xenomrph posted:

I’m not one to dissuade people from marathoning Alien movies, but remember that Alien Day is on April 26th.

I know that’s the same day Avengers Endgame comes out, but we must all remember our priorities. :colbert:

Do you know if they’re doing a theatrical release that weekend?

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

Not to my knowledge, but it was getting a limited theatrical release in the UK at.... some point? I posted about it upthread but I can’t remember how many pages back, I’ll go digging.

Edit - most recent info I can find says the showings were in the UK in March.

Xenomrph fucked around with this message at 07:02 on Apr 4, 2019

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Alamo Drafthouse here in Denver is showing Alien in 4K in may, already got tickets for it.

wyoming
Jun 7, 2010

Like a television
tuned to a dead channel.

Open Marriage Night posted:

Do you know if they’re doing a theatrical release that weekend?

Well, about that...

https://twitter.com/AlanCernyCS/status/1108051182776397826

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

So are they gonna refund my ticket for a screening or what?

wyoming
Jun 7, 2010

Like a television
tuned to a dead channel.
I don't think Disney has said or done anything yet, just their entire history over poo poo like this is bleak.

RestingB1tchFace
Jul 4, 2016

Opinions are like a$$holes....everyone has one....but mines the best!!!
Alien and Aliens were both great. As others posted......the tone of those two were vastly different. One was a sloppy cartoon and the other was farmhouse comedy. Alien Trice gets panned by a bunch of nerds. Is it as good as the first two? NO! Those kicked rear end. Both belong in the HOF. Do we recogninize IMDB? Both are in top 75. Not fair to compare. Alien3 still rocks imo. Just a bunch of dork nerds that expected another groundbreaking alien movie? Go snuff paint.

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Maybe this guy that flies is just sort of passing through, you know?

looking forward to my beloved space aliens being locked away in the Disney Vault

Slutitution
Jun 26, 2018

by Nyc_Tattoo

Disney always manages to exceed themselves in trashy shittiness just when you thought they couldn't go any lower

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

Disney did confirm that they plan to continue making more Alien movies, FWIW.

They opted to not renew any of their existing Alien licensing deals, though, so Dark Horse is probably going to lose the Alien/Predator comic book license just like they lost Star Wars.

Ersatz
Sep 17, 2005

Here's hoping for David^3.

Labyrinth was a fun read, btw, thank you for the recommendation.

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

Speaking of, the Labyrinth bulk lots are still in transit, but I’ve bought all the bubble mailers. I’ll start collecting addresses and whatnot after everything arrives.

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Disney can suck a diiiiiiiick.

Is there anything cool happening for Alien Day?

Darko
Dec 23, 2004

Ersatz posted:

Here's hoping for David^3.

Labyrinth was a fun read, btw, thank you for the recommendation.

I want another Scott movie with 3 Davids and not a single Xenomorph looking like thing in it.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

s.i.r.e. posted:

Disney can suck a diiiiiiiick.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

https://themedreality.wordpress.com/2019/03/29/claims-and-answers-three-juicy-tidbits-from-the-genting-fox-disney-lawsuit/

quote:

In its countersuit, Fox attempts to show that Genting did not understand the intellectual properties it was working with. Among its examples: the Alien vs Predator Dance Show.

Fox states: “Demonstrating how little thought it gave to the integrity of Fox’s intellectual property, Genting proposed taking some of Fox’s most significant science fiction film properties— Alien, Predator, and Alien vs. Predator—and using the main characters in a cruise ship-style dance show, featuring a dancing Alien and Predator.”

But in its answer to the claim, Genting says the show wasn’t its idea: “[Genting] never proposed having a dancing Alien or a dancing Predator in a ‘cruise ship-style dance show.’ Rather, it was Fox that suggested ‘a stylized costumed Colonial Marines, Predators, and Aliens dance show,’ including that ‘Predators then perform a ‘dance’ circle outside of the circle of Marines.’ Accordingly, [Genting] designed a show in which the Colonial Marines would simulate action/fight scenes involving two Predators and an Alien. Moreover, it was Fox that demonstrated a lack of understanding as to how its own IP should be represented, as Fox requested significant changes to the show concept it had already approved and its representatives gave conflicting guidance as to what they wanted to see in the show. For example, one Fox representative instructed [Genting] to ‘[a]dd some comic guest interaction between Colonial Marines and guests,’ while a few months later, another Fox representative countermanded that instruction, stating that ‘[c]omedy is off brand from the properties (not comedic movies).’ These types of mixed messages from Fox, along with the aforementioned bad-faith Fox conduct in connection with the approval process—not [Genting]’s actions—caused the delays about which Fox complains.”

Yikes.

Azubah
Jun 5, 2007

It would be rad if the third David movie was actually an adaptation of Labyrinth.

brocked
Oct 25, 2005

All shall love me and despair!
So he turns into Bowie? Does he do the contact juggling stuff with knives now?

Azubah
Jun 5, 2007

brocked posted:

Fassbender could make it work.

Gargamel Gibson
Apr 24, 2014

brocked posted:

Labyrinth starred DAVID Bowie, not Jim!

Darko
Dec 23, 2004

Azubah posted:

Fassbender could make it work.

David looks at Labyrinth and tries to match it like he did Lawrence of Arabia.

Small Strange Bird
Sep 22, 2006

Merci, chaton!
The artist who drew the Judge Dredd/Aliens crossover said he was given a huge list of restrictions by Fox about what he wasn't allowed to do with the xenos, one of which was "the Alien must NOT be drawn with cartoon stars spinning above its head if it gets hit." If he'd drawn one dancing, he would probably have been fine.

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

On the topic of comic book crossovers, Archie vs Predator 2 just got announced. :v:

The first one is genuinely a ton of fun; it’s drawn by one of the in-house Archie artists so it’s got that art style, but it’s gory as heck. Like, everyone involved knew how silly and ridiculous the whole project was, so they just went buck-wild. I think Archie vs The Punisher gets a sly shout-out at one point, too.

Archie vs. Predator https://www.amazon.com/dp/1506714668/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_pkOPCbEQHFTKA

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

Just saw this commercial for a big gently caress-off Alien toy from 1979.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uKSv85mJEmY

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

I believe they made those toys again a couple years ago and they were super expensive. There was also a glow in the dark one.

Fish Noise
Jul 25, 2012

IT'S ME, BURROWS!

IT WAS ME ALL ALONG, BURROWS!
woof, is the audio desynched, or are the facial animations just... whatever the hell is going on there?

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

Fish Noise posted:

woof, is the audio desynched, or are the facial animations just... whatever the hell is going on there?
The machinima is some other company jerry-rigging their own animations to fill in the blanks around the game's actual in-engine cutscenes, and they're not using the game's actual engine or assets to do it. The added machinima animations are... noticeably worse.

Slashrat
Jun 6, 2011

YOSPOS
Second short film in the anniversary anthology is out:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wKl-fU3WC7s

This one's pretty cool and surprised me a bit with a detail that hadn't occurred to me before would make perfect sense for the Alien universe.

Slashrat fucked around with this message at 00:43 on Apr 6, 2019

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Yoooo, this short film was pretty god drat good, I'm impressed. Hell yeah, give this director their own film.

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007
Everyone should play DUKE games.

:dukedog:

Fish Noise posted:

I don't know if it's just farming out the cutscenes like Human Revolution or what but this was one of those games like that where the cutscene models are noticeably inferior to the in-game models. :wtc:

MrMojok
Jan 28, 2011

I had that huge 1979 Kenner toy, got it for Christmas. I kept it in the box that night and my Dad said “I hope you don’t wake up in the morning and find a hole torn in the plastic cover, and the box empty, with a little skin laying on the floor nearby”

Thanks, Dad!

Dienes
Nov 4, 2009

dee
doot doot dee
doot doot doot
doot doot dee
dee doot doot
doot doot dee
dee doot doot

College Slice

MrMojok posted:

I had that huge 1979 Kenner toy, got it for Christmas. I kept it in the box that night and my Dad said “I hope you don’t wake up in the morning and find a hole torn in the plastic cover, and the box empty, with a little skin laying on the floor nearby”

Thanks, Dad!

Very disappointing that your dad didn't cut a hole in the box and hide the toy while you were sleeping.

mllaneza
Apr 28, 2007

Veteran, Bermuda Triangle Expeditionary Force, 1993-1952

s.i.r.e. posted:

Yoooo, this short film was pretty god drat good, I'm impressed. Hell yeah, give this director their own film.

That was shot really well. Look at 3:23 and watch what covers her face. That's good cinematography right there.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

Xenomrph posted:

Not to my knowledge, but it was getting a limited theatrical release in the UK at.... some point? I posted about it upthread but I can’t remember how many pages back, I’ll go digging.

Edit - most recent info I can find says the showings were in the UK in March.

Yeah, they were, and I just missed them. :'(

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

Goon post! Thanks AFewBricksShy !

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

Are... are those googly eyes on the cover? That's amazing.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

Xenomrph posted:

It’s canon, obviously.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AFewBricksShy
Jun 19, 2003

of a full load.

Xenomrph posted:

Geiger was a genius, no doubt. But for some reason everyone just ignores the fact that he totally forgot to draw eyes on his design. I just thought I'd quietly fix it.

(if the second mouth was further out, I would have had double googly eyes)