Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

al wilson lived a regular lifespan, and died in order to make his daughter get cheered in her last wwe appearance. a good father

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF

KungFu Grip posted:

Apparently Torrie Wilson's dad Al Wilson legit died today. Feel awful for Torrie.

Well, that sucks.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=inXF6i3TvvU

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

been trying to make ends meet and would like to take a poll of the users here. I'm not allowed to make a new thread about it. would you buy obsolete/antiquated technology if there is a wwe logo or wrestler pic on it? i have a gameboy advance SP and a bunch of mid-90s digital cameras all with the rock blue brahma bull with red eyes on it. a sticker

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Cavauro posted:

been trying to make ends meet and would like to take a poll of the users here. I'm not allowed to make a new thread about it. would you buy obsolete/antiquated technology if there is a wwe logo or wrestler pic on it? i have a gameboy advance SP and a bunch of mid-90s digital cameras all with the rock blue brahma bull with red eyes on it. a sticker

It depends on the quality and cheesiness of said stickers. The worse they are, the higher the value, imo

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
https://twitter.com/BHugconnection/status/1114593688234201089

https://twitter.com/xWWEForever/status/1114568119668871168

Tomahawk
Aug 13, 2003

HE KNOWS
Fans should know how hard Vince and Co fought against the women’s tag division

bloodysabbath
May 1, 2004

OH NO!
I’m happy Sasha and Bayley got the thing they were passionate about, but I’m not exactly sure what about the way WWE handles tag teams in general is inspiring confidence. They couldn’t even be bothered to book or come up with a story for one of the single women’s champs during mania season. Combine Vince’s...vintage views on women with his ambivalence toward tag teams and I’m just not optimistic.

Those titles are going to end up on the women Vince/Dunn find the most fuckable in short order. They’ll be props for Mandy and Lacey and will never really be defended.

WrasslorMonkey
Mar 5, 2012

Abdullah sure does seem like a big pile of poo poo.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
https://twitter.com/WWE/status/1114629388677599232

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

bloodysabbath posted:

I’m happy Sasha and Bayley got the thing they were passionate about, but I’m not exactly sure what about the way WWE handles tag teams in general is inspiring confidence. They couldn’t even be bothered to book or come up with a story for one of the single women’s champs during mania season. Combine Vince’s...vintage views on women with his ambivalence toward tag teams and I’m just not optimistic.

Those titles are going to end up on the women Vince/Dunn find the most fuckable in short order. They’ll be props for Mandy and Lacey and will never really be defended.

On the other hand, match quality be damned, there are a lot of women getting Wrestlemania screen time. I'd kinda be interested to see how much time women typically get at Mania, with the only caveat being to remove battle royales from the equation.

Most of the time it's just a giant mess of a match, or a manager in a big match.

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Popular culture has passed you by.

On the one hand this is really touching and Dawson's comments seem really heartfelt, on the other hand lol you fought so hard to get a tag team championship off the ground, in a company that historically treats tag teams as an afterthought.

It's the inspiring story of people fighting for the right to build a swimming pool in the Gobi Desert.

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!

Really great that Stephanie McMahon was able to do this all by herself

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
https://twitter.com/WWE/status/1114629388677599232

Grant DaNasty
Jul 17, 2006

That was a hell of a watch. As somebody that didn't know a lot about Tony Atlas outside of Legends House and being Mark Henry's manager I've got all the respect in the world for him. That's a good dude.

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

If you have SnapChat look up Reby Hardy's account, she's snapping everything behind scenes with her and Matt, at the HOF also Matt is such an adorable doof.

Le Saboteur
Dec 5, 2007

I hear you wish to ball, adventurer..
Weird that they don't seem to be doing a Wrestlemania stage reveal this year. I wonder if its because construction is running behind or something.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"

Le Saboteur posted:

Weird that they don't seem to be doing a Wrestlemania stage reveal this year. I wonder if its because construction is running behind or something.

https://twitter.com/siviyBrummie/status/1114620781777051649

https://twitter.com/CraigNewline/status/1114644674587910144

Gonz fucked around with this message at 22:43 on Apr 6, 2019

Destroy My Sweater
Jul 24, 2009

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NJ3s_YjZTcM

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

Jesus they are really pinching their pennies on getting all the use out of the Smackdown set. Cheap fucks.

Le Saboteur
Dec 5, 2007

I hear you wish to ball, adventurer..
I mean, I saw that one shot of their stage but that was from a couple days ago now and there hasn't really been anything new out or the hint that they're going to do a stage reveal like they do every year.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

Le Saboteur posted:

I mean, I saw that one shot of their stage but that was from a couple days ago now and there hasn't really been anything new out or the hint that they're going to do a stage reveal like they do every year.

The whole stage is probably made out of modeling foam and they're afraid that if they show it off too soon, it will be subject to intense ridicule.

21 Hoot Salute
Feb 8, 2005

Night-time, turn around
Lonely is the city tonight
Night-time, all around
Lonely in the city tonight

Maybe it's set up that way to shame any wrestlers who leave early like 99% of them did last year :haw:

is pepsi ok
Oct 23, 2002

weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Everytime I try to fly I fall
Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

Le Saboteur posted:

This would be super on brand for NY/NJ

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747
I'm really bummed that Kurt angles last match is booked as being against Corbin

There has to be a swerve right

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

They want people to be mad about the terrible meaningless match that no one should care about, thus giving it meaning without having to set anything up in an intriguing way

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Winner of Something Awful PS5 thread's Posting Excellence Award June 2022

Congratulations!

Gonz posted:

The whole stage is probably made out of modeling foam and they're afraid that if they show it off too soon, it will be subject to intense ridicule.

The entire “stage” is just cheesy 3D graphics added later. The live crowd will get a big green wall.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

Some one once made fun of another poster on here by mocking their stance. The gist of it was this: WWE is bad on purpose, and therefore is good or should be exempt from critique. That is not what I said in my previous post above the one that is above this one and I will become angry if anyone says otherwise. It's still bad, and shouldn't be viewed. Say ok if you agree not to attack me undeservedly.

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

Cavauro posted:

Some one once made fun of another poster on here by mocking their stance. The gist of it was this: WWE is bad on purpose, and therefore is good or should be exempt from critique. That is not what I said in my previous post above the one that is above this one and I will become angry if anyone says otherwise. It's still bad, and shouldn't be viewed. Say ok if you agree not to attack me undeservedly.

My stance on that person's insane take is that purposely bad movies are bad, the good bad movies are the ones that try incredibly hard and gently caress up in strange ways, like 2000 wcw

"Kurt Angle will do the job to Baron Corbin to give him a rub on his way out" is not accidentally bad. It's just bad.

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Congratulations!
Good bad wrestling is LAX in the Electrified Steel Cage match where they flickered the lights any time a wrestler hit the cage walls.

Or the White Caste of Fear/Beach Blast mini-movies.

Or even the APA “always pounding rear end” t-shirts.

It needs to lack self awareness.

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

BGrifter posted:

Good bad wrestling is LAX in the Electrified Steel Cage match where they flickered the lights any time a wrestler hit the cage walls.

Or the White Caste of Fear/Beach Blast mini-movies.

Or even the APA “always pounding rear end” t-shirts.

It needs to lack self awareness.

Wrestling Society X ripped

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real

Jiro posted:

Jesus they are really pinching their pennies on getting all the use out of the Smackdown set. Cheap fucks.

I think that looks looks cool and different. Odd that fans will be looking at the back of the person talking, but TV wise it will have a better presentation I think

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

Stop attacking me.

Angry Grimace
Jul 29, 2010

ACTUALLY IT IS VERY GOOD THAT THE SHOW IS BAD AND ANYONE WHO DOESN'T REALIZE WHY THAT'S GOOD IS AN IDIOT. JUST ENJOY THE BAD SHOW INSTEAD OF THINKING.

Cavauro posted:

actually I think that posters take was that when you get real hoppin mad your favorite pro wrestler didn’t win it makes you an embarrassing dork and not a special smart fan

21 Hoot Salute
Feb 8, 2005

Night-time, turn around
Lonely is the city tonight
Night-time, all around
Lonely in the city tonight

Cavauro posted:

Stop attacking me.

Your NXT Takeover thread was very good :glomp:

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

Angry Grimace posted:

actually I think that posters take was that when you get real hoppin mad your favorite pro wrestler didn’t win it makes you an embarrassing dork and not a special smart fan

well, that definitely wasn't the mock. The mock is what i was meaning to tell the gist of.

21 Hoot Salute posted:

Your NXT Takeover thread was very good :glomp:

That actually was sent to me in a PM from another user. I didn't do any of it at all. i'm not allowed to say who it was.

Veryslightlymad
Jun 3, 2007

I fight with
my brain
and with an
underlying
hatred of the
Erebonian
Noble Faction
It's sad that Vince has (I mean, pathologically, here) to micromanage things as hard as he does, because as NXT shows us, not just at takeovers, but almost literally every tag team match they have on NXT and NXT UK, tag wrestling is very good and someone high up in booking or laying out matches has a profoundly deep understanding of what makes them work, and if they just let that person have like, 15-20 minutes of their already ridiculously bloated main roster air time a week, hell, even less if they really want to push other angles on some weeks, that/those divisions would be fine, and tag teams would be over as all hell.

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Congratulations!
I can't get over how much of a difference competent commentary makes. Mauro and Nigel are the best commentary duo the WWE has had in decades. I feel like the absence of Michael Cole instantly adds a ratings star to every single match.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

I don’t remember this at all and now I can’t stop watching it on a loop.