Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who should have won All-Stars?
This poll is closed.
Monet X Change 17 12.41%
Trinity the Tuck 36 26.28%
club96 84 61.31%
Total: 137 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Nihonniboku
Aug 11, 2004

YOU CAN FLY!!!
I hate to say it. I think this season is boring so far.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The MUMPSorceress
Jan 6, 2012

^SHTPSTS

Gary’s Answer

Youth Decay posted:

AFAIK there was a single accusation on twitter against her that was quickly deleted? I don't think that's enough to write her off, particularly because I would not put it past this toxic-rear end fanbase to make poo poo up like that to smear a queen.

You can literally watch how casually she invades people's space and grabs guest judges and stuff and know she isn't the kind of person to ask permission before touching someone.

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

Combed Thunderclap posted:

Considering the not entirely implausible speculation that Eureka was in part able to both get on All Stars and make it to the finals as a way to ward off what would be a massive injury+loss of income lawsuit, I’m really surprised they set up a challenge that ended up with someone with EDS doing backflips (which is entirely possible but is ya know a little high risk as far as injury goes).

Oh wait this is World of Wonder, not surprised :pseudo:

Girl it's a dancing challenge, it's not like the cheerleading or wrestling challenges. Doing stunts and flips is also part of Yvie's gig and she could hurt herself doing any old bar show.

And god I'm sick of the rumours around Eureka being asked back to avoid a lawsuit. She was asked back 'cause she didn't get eliminated and was forced to leave the competition, ofc they were going to give her another chance next year if she was able. I know Eureka is one of the most hated queens but lmao the tinfoil hat poo poo around her sometimes is just whack.

As shoddy a production as World of Wonder has going, I doubt they'd leave much room in the girls' contracts to allow them to be much of a legal threat in case of injury. Shows usually have poo poo in place to keep that from happening when an injury isn't the fault of equipment or some kind of accident. If anything they would probably be in risk of a lawsuit if they DIDN'T kick her off the season, and instead let her compete while knowing a doctor had said she was going to need surgery.

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

Asia legit the only potential lawsuit winner

the escape goat
Apr 16, 2008

alf_pogs posted:

Asia legit the only potential lawsuit winner

Her flailing around animatedly while holding her lower back is a highlight of season 10 and I refuse to hear otherwise.

“THIS ABOUT TO BE ASIA O’HARA’S DRAG RACE” is the ultimate “don’t make promises you can’t keep” because good lord I would love to see that.

Aphra Bane
Oct 3, 2013

Watching the DRT finale

gently caress those were some great performances. Angele and her dad :cry:

Big lol at Kudalakorn shading Rupaul's "Andele"

Ok, I was agape pretty much that entire final runway, but :lol: at Kana's light head piece she was literally holding in place. C'mon girl.

Very happy with that winner :kimchi: Just ... goddamn, what a great finale.

Aphra Bane fucked around with this message at 13:39 on Apr 6, 2019

resting mitch face
Apr 9, 2005

5) I hear you.
Vangie's serious/sad voice is, uh... sexy? But then:

🌸Miss Vangie.🌸All 💯 Gold🏅 Glitter ✨ Robot 🤖 Bunny🐰 Ho 👯‍♀️. My thighs 🦵 is out. Legs 🦵is long 📏. I'M CORSETTED ⏳ FOR THE GODS 🙏 🙏 🙏. I CAN'T 🚫 FEEL👇 MY GENIDLDLDLS 🍆 🥜 . ROBOTIC 🤖 PUSSY🐱 EATING 👅🌮 🙀 - I don't even know 🤷‍♀️ child 👧 I just look good😘🤳, baby 👶.

Do the max challenges suck right now because there are too many girls this season? Both the Rusical and Draglympics were so loving boring (throw the first acting challenge in there too, I guess). Also, nothing against Rajah, but Scarlet getting sent home was bullshit. I feel like she pulled thru in the challenge and didn't have any lame excuses about it.

resting mitch face fucked around with this message at 14:21 on Apr 6, 2019

Nihonniboku
Aug 11, 2004

YOU CAN FLY!!!

resting mitch face posted:

Do the max challenges suck right now because there are too many girls this season? Both the Rusical and Draglympics were so loving boring (throw the first acting challenge in there too, I guess).

I think it's a combination of the fact that yeah, there are too many girls, it's hard to keep track of everyone individually in these large group challenges. I also think that Ru and World of Wonder have gotten lazy, and think that they poo poo gold now, so anything they do with drag queens is going to be instantly loved. As a result, they still refuse to hire actual comedy writers to write comedy challenges, thinking that the queens will make the funny happen. So when the queens are given poo poo material, and don't spin that poo poo into gold, Ru blames it on the queens instead of her own lazy rear end production staff.

resting mitch face posted:

Also, nothing against Rajah, but Scarlet getting sent home was bullshit. I feel like she pulled thru in the challenge and didn't have any lame excuses about it.

She's a Davenport. I'm convinced the Davenports have something on Ru, they know where the bodies are buried. And after Ru wasn't able to justify handing the crown to Kennedy in season 7, and after she wasn't able to justify handing the crown to Kennedy in All Stars 3, they're like, "gently caress it, we're going to cast ALL of the Davenports in season 11, one of them is bound to earn the crown this time." As expected, they've all been doing poorly, and having already eliminated 8 Davenports so far this season, and with only 14 Davenports left, Ru didn't want to risk the wrath of the House of Davenport, and decided to eliminate Scarlet.

But really, I think this was just another case of Ru being lazy. She doesn't even know the names of any of the queens anymore. Scarlet shouldn't have even been in the bottom, let alone gone home, and she's already won a challenge, compared to Rajah's zero wins. I think it was entirely a matter of the case that all of the other queens said Scarlet should go home. Ignoring the fact that they don't like her because of her attitude, not because of her skills, and that this sort of dynamic actually makes great television, going back as far as Tyra in season 2, and Shangela in season 3.

Ru heard Scarlet, and thought, "Sounds fine to me, let's get this show moving," and made the decision before the lip sync even began.

Also, Scarlet's drag mother is Pearl, and we all know how much Ru hates Pearl.

Nihonniboku fucked around with this message at 15:33 on Apr 6, 2019

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS
I wouldn't be surprised if Scarlett's real mother was Pearl considering how similar she looks.

If I can praise something it's that the choreo this season is really good because someone at production YouTubed dance studio videos and got actual talented people in. Also the part where Travis Wall took Yvie to the side to make sure she was ok and could handle the performance is something you'd never see Todrick do lmao

big dyke energy
Jul 29, 2006

Football? Yaaaay
Wait are you saying Scarlet shouldn't have been in the bottom on this challenge?

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

So it took me a while to get around to this episode, and while Ra'Jah def has the worst track record and I doubt will survive a fourth lip sync, she wasn't aaaas bad as Scarlet in the challenge and def won the lip sync.

I'd rather Scarlet have stayed but :shrug: it wasn't a highway robbery or anything.

Flossie
Nov 8, 2008
I love Nina's drag. There I've said it. I think there should be a place for high camp on Drag Race that doesn't need to be sophisticated like Manilla's. Not everything has to be chic, some things can just be funny. Her drag this episode was costumey and it was awesome. Yes it could be executed better but it being rough around the edges gives it this wonderful homemade charm. It's different than everything else coming down the runway. A'keria's big pageant gown was boring (I still think she would have won because her performance was so great).

Scarlet shouldn't have gone home. The edit definitely made it look like she was the winner.

Also what was up the edit of the performances? I could barely tell what was happening.

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

I think Scarlet did way better with Last Dance than I ever thought she would have, and the gold scissors to cut away into the gold jumpsuit was cute, but the lip sync wasn't as clean as Ra'Jah's and I am just loving tired of the gimmicks. Especially when you have not one, but TWO!! in one performance. I could have seen either winning, or a double shantay tbh, but I wasn't upset with Ra'Jah winning over Scarlet. It's been clear for a while Ru has taken a shine to Ra'Jah despite her performance not being as consistent as Scarlet's, and her lip syncs have all been clean as gently caress.

I also like Ra'Jah's runways more typically, I think they're generally more polished. Scarlet I think often has good ideas but her execution isn't great. I don't like her silouhette at all and idk if she needs to pad or cinch or tailor her dresses a bit differently or what, but it just looks off to me and in an awkward way instead of a striking one. Something about her mug is off to me too, the way she does her eyes gives her a permanent case of Renee Zellweger's old face lmao

Scarlet's someone I'm happy going home now and coming back for an All Stars. She never had a chance of winning this season so the trade off of her going home now, and being guaranteed one more Ra'Jah lip sync is fine by me.

fwiw I keep thinking Ra'Jah has only lip synced twice anyway, that 6man lip sync was weird. But even if we go by that then Ra'Jah was on her third and Scarlet was on her second, which brings their track record pretty drat close for me.

Anyway I really like this season. I think mostly because the Drag Race burnout hasn't effected me much, I'm usually injecting so much Drag Race directly into my veins even in a normal off season so it's always on my mind. I like that this season feels scrappier than more recent ones, with only a couple standout super polished queens. Gives more opportunity for the good ol' underdog edits we used to get back when it was less of a problem to look cheap lmao. Makes me wish Monique had been on this season!! She'd fit right in with some of the more rough around the edges queens and prob shine way more than she did in 10. Her All Stars run was so worth it tho

Carlton Banks Teller
Nov 18, 2004

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GWdRps94Hz0

I've had this on my dash for a couple days and finally took time to watch it. What a gift.

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS
The only queens I will accept lipsyncing their way to the final are Pepmint and Kameron

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

Eej posted:

The only queens I will accept lipsyncing their way to the final are Pepmint and Kameron

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IpZUp-Re-qQ

notaspy
Mar 22, 2009

Nihonniboku posted:

Also, Scarlet's drag mother is Pearl, and we all know how much Ru hates Pearl.

I don't, spill the T.

The MUMPSorceress
Jan 6, 2012

^SHTPSTS

Gary’s Answer

notaspy posted:

I don't, spill the T.

Pearl had a really traumatic childhood and teenage experience and didn't want to share when ru did her usual poo poo stirring "talk to your younger self" schtick and it pissed ru off.

If you go in pearls YouTube channel she has a really troubling video where she talks about some of her traumatic experiences that she didn't want to share before.

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

The 'is there something on my face' moment was also a big to do on set iirc and much longer and more awkward than shown in the episode. There's also a general air of 'don't talk unless you're on camera' and 'don't talk to ru unless it's on camera' in general on set and iirc she goes into that some in her Hey Qween interview, where you can get most of the T.

e: after the HQ interview also i think pearl mentioned the WOW producers calling her up basically to say she'd never be asked for a season of All Stars lmao

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Carlton Banks Teller posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GWdRps94Hz0

I've had this on my dash for a couple days and finally took time to watch it. What a gift.

This rules so hard - I need more.

Pellisworth
Jun 20, 2005

esperterra posted:

The 'is there something on my face' moment was also a big to do on set iirc and much longer and more awkward than shown in the episode. There's also a general air of 'don't talk unless you're on camera' and 'don't talk to ru unless it's on camera' in general on set and iirc she goes into that some in her Hey Qween interview, where you can get most of the T.

e: after the HQ interview also i think pearl mentioned the WOW producers calling her up basically to say she'd never be asked for a season of All Stars lmao

Early during production, the cameras stopped filming for a bit and Pearl told Ru how much she idolizes her and how much it meant for her to get to be on RPDR. According to Pearl, Ru then told her something along the lines of "nothing you say matters unless the cameras are rolling." This gave Pearl the impression Ru is kind of a cold bitch who doesn't actually care about the queens, she's just there to film a show and get paid. This sparked tension between them which eventually came to a head with the infamous "is there something on my face" scene.

Pearl said all this and more in an interview on Hey Qween, after speaking out RPDR producers called her and said she'd never be on All Stars.

Basically, Pearl spilled the T about Ru being kind of a lovely person and mostly being in it for the check at this point.

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

:gowron::m10:
I don't see how in any world Ra'jah won that lip sync. My eyes were glued to Scarlet, and what little I saw of Ra'jah was her doing middle-aged mom moves and jumping off stage without doing much with it. Say what you will about Scarlet using gimmicks, but at least they fit the song.

Plus, she showed a lot of nerve ripping that necklace off during critiques and staying composed while every other queen said she should go home. Maybe if she had just outright said Ra'jah should go home, Ru would've kept her.

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

tbh I can 100% see Ru booting her for that alone, just not showing the competitive edge needed to prove she's okay with sending a bitch home to win.

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

:gowron::m10:

esperterra posted:

tbh I can 100% see Ru booting her for that alone, just not showing the competitive edge needed to prove she's okay with sending a bitch home to win.

I think the tipping point for the six-way gangbang was everyone's refusal to point fingers at anyone.

G-Mawwwwwww
Jan 31, 2003

My LPth are Hot Garbage
Biscuit Hider
Oh my god drag race Thailand. Oh my god. All of it. ALL OF IT.

Easily some of the most amazing looks in drag race history. It's a constant gag. Even the judge's panel is insane. Art and Panpan show exactly why they deserve to be hosting it.

And Ru makes a video, looks basic and gets the contestant's names wrong.

The drag race Thailand finale is something Drag Race should adopt. The top 3 put on a choreographed song and dance complete with backup dancers. And it really shows what they can do.

The runway...gently caress dude. It was (Hindu Goddess of Prosperity) 2040 and it was fierce as gently caress. Angele Anang and Kandy Zyanides outfits were phenomenal .

I loving love the producer Tae who dresses like a supervillain.

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

i know ive been saying it for four or five seasons now but Ru needs a new hairstylist. Michelle's works overtime and it looks amazing but Ru gives the same boring ol look week after week

Pellisworth
Jun 20, 2005

alf_pogs posted:

i know ive been saying it for four or five seasons now but Ru needs a new hairstylist. Michelle's works overtime and it looks amazing but Ru gives the same boring ol look week after week

Ru is boring, get Lady Bunny to host

edit: also Bun Bun is very sharp and into politics, she's cool

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VOxdReoQjvg

Pellisworth fucked around with this message at 03:28 on Apr 7, 2019

G-Mawwwwwww
Jan 31, 2003

My LPth are Hot Garbage
Biscuit Hider

Pellisworth posted:

Ru is boring, get Lady Bunny to host

edit: also Bun Bun is very sharp and into politics, she's cool

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VOxdReoQjvg

Give it to Alaska and Asia O'Hara.

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS

alf_pogs posted:

Mathu blew up at Ru at first episode of Season 9 (allegedly, officially it's for health reasons) and it's been Raven doing makeup and Delta doing wigs ever since.

It hasn't been great

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

Eej posted:

Mathu blew up at Ru at first episode of Season 9 (allegedly, officially it's for health reasons) and it's been Raven doing makeup and Delta doing wigs ever since.

It hasn't been great

I think Raven came into her own over AS3 and S10 and has finally figured out how to work her magic on Ru's face. Delta's wigs are ... slowly looking better, but half the time the wig line is so far back it looks like Ru is just standing in front of a piece of floating hair.

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS
It's like an ever creeping receeding hairline. I have a minor celebration every time Ru shows up nowadays with a wig that isn't the same big blonde thing pushed super high up.

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS
I just saw the Untucked and wow what a mess. Rajah going off, Silky trying to start the literally dumbest drama ever and Adam mansplaining the exact same thing Mirai just said whew

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming
Tana in, Tana in my mind.

I didn't want to take the time with Untucked at the start of the season, I think skipping it has been the right decison.

I'll just enjoy "One Line From Untucked" on Race Chaser instead.

Zvahl
Oct 14, 2005

научный кот

Eej posted:

I just saw the Untucked and wow what a mess. Rajah going off, Silky trying to start the literally dumbest drama ever and Adam mansplaining the exact same thing Mirai just said whew

The guests all read from scripts and it's basically a guess as to whether Silky is happy and therefore molests the judge or Sulky Nutmeg Ganache and decides to say OH I'LL LIP SYNC ten times. The person who is low but ends up not being last has a freakout backstage and gets comforted, and a bunch of boring prattle

We just watched 4 again and had the Untucked and holy mackerel I missed S2-6 Untucked so bad

Zvahl fucked around with this message at 08:49 on Apr 7, 2019

curiousTerminal
Sep 2, 2011

what a humorous anecdote.
I still wish All Stars had an Untucked. Just focus on the safe bitches loving around with each other and not the top/bottom ones (i am dying to know what all this laughter in the background is about)

blizzardvizard
Sep 12, 2012

Shhh... don't wake up the sleeping lion :3:

Quickies cause I'm late to the party:

- Kind of a weird and boring challenge. They're definitely scraping the bottom of the barrel after over a dozen seasons.
- Not a big fan of Yvie at the start of the ep, but after she explained that she's on a time limit I can definitely see where her attitude came from, and I can respect that. And well, it's not like she was wrong either.
- I was not prepared for Vanjie breaking down
- I want to say it was the right bottom two, but again this was a pretty whatever challenge anyway so. But:
- Scarlet totally won the lipsync. It definitely would've been better without the gimmicks, but her movements were just so right.

Also I've gotta say that the level of toxicity in the fanbase is quickly becoming a big reason I'm not as enthused about watching this show anymore and being even remotely associated with... that. Like yeah don't let them affect what you do and all but I feel what I feel y'all

blizzardvizard
Sep 12, 2012

Shhh... don't wake up the sleeping lion :3:

Also man imagine if we had gotten all these sewing challenges in Season 7 instead

beepsandboops
Jan 28, 2014
Nothing kills me more than hearing Vanjie shout something from completely off camera. Honestly, if they could just always have Vanjie mic'ed and keep her around til the finale, I'd be very happy

Trig Discipline
Jun 3, 2008

Please leave the room if you think this might offend you.
Grimey Drawer
Yeah even if they eliminate her they should keep her around as a judge or commentator or something.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Flossie
Nov 8, 2008
I didn't even notice Ra'jah slipped off stage during the lip sync. That makes her win even worse in my opinion.

I think I remember hearing from a former contestant (might have been Bob the Drag Queen) that Ru was sitting in the back while they were performing in an acting challenge. If Ru was watching them rehearse with the choreographer he might have chosen to send Scarlet home because she was not taking the choreography seriously at all. Other queens are bad at choreography but at least TRY to get it right, she just seemed to not take it seriously and fool around. Maybe that was a factor somehow? I don't know.

My husband thinks they are being controversial just for ratings.