Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

T-man posted:

Mark Fisher was right to hang himself, as well as about most everything else. We're all hosed, thanks for showing me the light steak-ums. God is dead, and the only thing to replace it is brands.

The human need to be watched and judged was once fulfilled by God. Now, we can perform the same function with data mining algorithms.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Anybody lose their glasses?

StashAugustine posted:

The human need to be watched and judged was once fulfilled by God. Now, we can perform the same function with data mining algorithms.

desperate

jimmyjams
Jan 10, 2001

King Kong of Megadongs
Gobblin' them mega schlongs
Makin' sure they mega long
Stroke' 'em if they mega strong
electronic old men ruling the world

a new age

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
It's all in the numbers. Number one, that's terror. Number two, that's terror.

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747
gently caress landlords

https://twitter.com/jennlacatena/status/1114167665881382917

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
:roboluv: :love: :roboluv:
FYI a pet rock is very low maintenance and can be thrown through your landlord's window.

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Outrail posted:

FYI a pet rock is very low maintenance and can be thrown through your landlord's window.

other more exotic alternatives include a pet Molotov, a pet drum of napalm, and a pet improvised explosive device

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos
this is my pet ak-47 or "ackie" as i call him

jimmyjams
Jan 10, 2001

King Kong of Megadongs
Gobblin' them mega schlongs
Makin' sure they mega long
Stroke' 'em if they mega strong
$50 extra per month pet rock rent, $200 pet rock deposit

Evilreaver
Feb 26, 2007

GEORGE IS GETTIN' AUGMENTED!
Dinosaur Gum

jimmyjams posted:

$50 extra per month pet rock rent, $200 pet rock deposit

A mineral deposit no doubt

Former DILF
Jul 13, 2017

Evilreaver posted:

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

Evilreaver posted:

Lol

DrManiac
Feb 29, 2012

lancemantis posted:

my mom worked in a nursing home during the summer when she was in college or something; one lady (probably with dementia or something) was tied to a chair all day and would cry to be untied but she wasn't allowed to untie her

i imagine they're slightly better at hiding the abuse these days

im so glad we live in a world where we can just black hole our elderly family members now instead of taking care of them

pretty much the entire girl side of my family are nurses/medical assistants or adjacent and from what I gather the key to not having your elderly family members not live in hell is visiting semi-regularly and appreciating the non-management staff.

DrManiac has issued a correction as of 15:24 on Apr 7, 2019

ContinuityNewTimes
Dec 30, 2010

Я выдуман напрочь
pet rats are very intelligent and theyre free if you have any food

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Marxist-Jezzinist posted:

pet rats are very intelligent and theyre free if you have any food

They're also free food if you don't have any.

100 HOGS AGREE
Oct 13, 2007
Grimey Drawer
this is rat zone now.

https://twitter.com/akebi_rat/status/1114549203949113350?s=19

https://twitter.com/16x55/status/1111491496488783872

https://twitter.com/iGotRats/status/1111851813509255169?s=09

https://twitter.com/gallytastic/status/1111739819900710913?s=21

https://twitter.com/kirishinya/status/944248249954852869

https://twitter.com/iGotRats/status/1110211065902759936?s=19

ContinuityNewTimes
Dec 30, 2010

Я выдуман напрочь
theyre cool and they enjoy eating frozen peas. just gobble up them frozen peas, on a hot day

T-man
Aug 22, 2010

Talk shit, get bzzzt.

Look, this is America. If I can't register this fusion bomb as my emotional support pet, I think the Taliban won. Switching the arm/disarm switch helps me when I get triggered like the cuck i am by the cool and strong ben shapiro.

Woof Blitzer
Dec 29, 2012

[-]

I see you keep pet capitalists!

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

I honestly I have no idea who cannibal[SIC] is and I do not know why I should know.

syq dude, just syq!
Actual rats are cool social animals, and would never scab

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
https://twitter.com/USATODAY/status/1114864145978073088

Eat This Glob
Jan 14, 2008

God is dead. God remains dead. And we have killed him. Who will wipe this blood off us? What festivals of atonement, what sacred games shall we need to invent?

lol everyone is commenting smugly about $15/hr wage like their jobs wont be automated too at the earliest opportunity

Homocow
Apr 24, 2007

Extremely bad poster!
DO NOT QUOTE!

Pillbug

Eat This Glob posted:

lol everyone is commenting smugly about $15/hr wage like their jobs wont be automated too at the earliest opportunity
right? a job will be automated the moment it becomes plausible and profitable

the delusion people adopt is that their job exists because their employer is benevolent, so you'd better not be mean and look for a better standard of living

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Eat This Glob posted:

we are a nation full of crabs in a bucket

the sheer scorn that some people have for their fellow humans still blows me away sometimes "heh, that oughta show everyone who wants enough money to live on!"

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

WampaLord posted:

"heh, that oughta show everyone who wants enough money to live on!"

or even just $15/hr!

DONT THREAD ON ME
Oct 1, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo
Floss Finder
i miss my rats:

their lifespan is only 2-3 years tho and their tumors and stuff are heartbreaking and expensive to have remove. someday if i can build a relationship with a vet i'd like to run a small rat rescue of some sort but i cant do that responsibly right now.

ContinuityNewTimes
Dec 30, 2010

Я выдуман напрочь
its one of those funny tricks the universe plays that the awesome clever friendly rodents live for five minutes and turn into pure cancer

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

Yeah rats are like an ideal pet except that they live just long enough for you to be really sad when they die

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Kiiiiiiiiiiiiiiinda seems like a restaurant run by robots shouldn't have lines, with lines being the result of human's being crap at the stuff robots are supposed to be good at. Especially not lines out the door.

Like that's benefit 2 of robots, right behind not having to pay people. Seems like they are lovely robots.

Why would you want a burger made by a lovely robot.

V. Illych L.
Apr 11, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT LUMBER

Powershift posted:

Kiiiiiiiiiiiiiiinda seems like a restaurant run by robots shouldn't have lines, with lines being the result of human's being crap at the stuff robots are supposed to be good at. Especially not lines out the door.

Like that's benefit 2 of robots, right behind not having to pay people. Seems like they are lovely robots.

people who love novelty and hate other people getting paid

Shipon
Nov 7, 2005

Powershift posted:

because the only people left in that rotten city are ifuckinglovescience types

Segata Sanshiro
Sep 10, 2011

we can live for nothing
baby i don't care

lose me like the ocean
feel the motion

:coolfish:

Shipon posted:

because the only people left in that rotten city are ifuckinglovescience types

reading about sf and its history/issues and how insanely fast it has changed for the worse is fascinating to me considering i've never been there

unironically wanna go to 1969 sf and get massively hosed up and have loads of unprotected sex with basically anyone in sight

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
oh man sorry to crosspost from doomsday economics but I have to go to SF for the first time at the end of May and I’m scared of how much of a nightmarish dystopian hell its going to be when I get there

Jel Shaker
Apr 19, 2003

I recall that 1969 San Fran was both a haven and a horrific place for “free spirits” at least until Harvey milk era

read up on young Diane Feinstein, she’s delightful

DONT THREAD ON ME
Oct 1, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo
Floss Finder

Feranon posted:

reading about sf and its history/issues and how insanely fast it has changed for the worse is fascinating to me considering i've never been there

unironically wanna go to 1969 sf and get massively hosed up and have loads of unprotected sex with basically anyone in sight

anyone who still thinks democrats would make the world better if they could just win elections seriously needs to spend some time in california.

Emmideer
Oct 20, 2011

Lovely night, no?
Grimey Drawer

DONT THREAD ON ME posted:

anyone who still thinks democrats would make the world better if they could just win elections seriously needs to spend some time in california.

or 2009

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747

Taintrunner posted:

oh man sorry to crosspost from doomsday economics but I have to go to SF for the first time at the end of May and I’m scared of how much of a nightmarish dystopian hell its going to be when I get there

get lunch at Tommy's

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

Taintrunner posted:

SF is great, just step over the homeless people.

Shipon
Nov 7, 2005

Quiet Feet posted:

SF is great, just step over the homeless people.

what's great about a city where it's nothing but quirky overpriced food and people stuck up their own rear end either about technology or about being a quirky artist

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bag em and tag em
Nov 4, 2008
I liked the clam chowder in SF, lol at living there though where 6 figures is still poverty level.