Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gnarly Sheen
Jun 25, 2015

I'm ITT

General Dog posted:

“The world’s only rape-free private army” is kind of the ultimate woke brand.

Maybe it’s unsullied,
Maybe it’s maybelline

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mcvey
Aug 31, 2006

go caps haha

*Washington Capitals #1 Fan On DeviantArt*

Solice Kirsk posted:

It's going to be over. It's finally going to be over.

Lol get loving ready for sequels and prequels and side stories and whatever the fucj else they can pull to milk this poo poo to death.

Phi230
Feb 2, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
Watch all the preview chapters for TWoW not even be in the final book

Phi230
Feb 2, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
Also, if TWoW doesn't come out in a year or 2, The Expanse would have begun and ended with a 9 book franchise and 9 short stories before GRRM could write a single book

Preechr
May 19, 2009

Proud member of the Pony-Brony Alliance for Obama as President
All I remember from Dance was that a baby died on the second page and also the last page.

poverty goat
Feb 15, 2004

Pretty much the only upside of watching every episode of this show so far is that now I know never to read the books

boar guy
Jan 25, 2007

i've known not to read the books since i used to make my 6th graders put their heads down and listen to me read a storm of swords when they got rowdy
god drat, they hated it

The Real Amethyst
Apr 20, 2018

When no one was looking, Serval took forty Japari buns. She took 40 buns. That's as many as four tens. And that's terrible.
I honestly forget who is dead and who isn't dead.
I don't even want to watch the new season at this stage.

Vim Fuego
Jun 1, 2000

I LITERALLY SLEEP IN A RACING CAR. DO YOU?
p.s. ask me about my subscription mattress
Ultra Carp

boar guy posted:

i've known not to read the books since i used to make my 6th graders put their heads down and listen to me read a storm of swords when they got rowdy
god drat, they hated it

Pretty sure that's child abuse

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

You see, but you do not observe.

lezard_valeth posted:

Even if by some miracle WoW does come out, the last book is definitely never coming out.

WoW will in best case scenario (like 5 fingers off the monkey paw at once scenario) come out next year, which gives us a 9 year window between DwD and WoW.

That means that at best the last book will take another 9 years to complete, by which time the gurm will be fat, 80 years old and sitting on a buttload of $$$ of the combined product of the book sales, the show and any other spinoff you can drat bet HBO will make

I don't know about you but if I were him I would certainly not be motivated at all to finish the drat books even if I made it to that age in prime health

It’s not the age, it’s the mindset

King is still cranking them books at a ridiculous pace, Asimov was still dictating poo poo as he was consumed by aids

George had a taste of Hollywood pussy for the first time, well into his 60’s, it’s over

Mr. Merdle
Oct 17, 2007

THE GREAT MANBABY SUCCESSOR

Last year's "history of the targaryens" or whatever was a fantastic blue balling and he should do that more

sugar free jazz
Mar 5, 2008

The Thronesarillion is gonna own

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

Comfy Fleece Sweater posted:

George had a taste of Hollywood pussy for the first time, well into his 60’s, it’s over
Gaben had a first taste of monopoly, well into his 40s, it's over (For Half Life 3).
I understand the sentiment.

mcvey
Aug 31, 2006

go caps haha

*Washington Capitals #1 Fan On DeviantArt*
I wonder what GRRMs knife collection's like.

Clyde Radcliffe
Oct 19, 2014

Zazz Razzamatazz posted:

No doubt there. Even show Euron's costume didn't feel right. He looked too modern, like he was in a band or something.

Show Euron was pretty much Black Parade-era My Chemical Romance.

Also Fake Sansa's boobs were nice, but not as good as Ramsey Bolton's crazy brunette sidekick who played with Theon's peepee before it got boxed.

My top 5 GoT boobies are:

1. Ramsey Bolton's Harley Quinn sidekick
  2. Fake Sansa
  3. Lord Varys
  4. Natalie Dormer
  5. Bad Pussy

Bobby Digital
Sep 4, 2009

mcvey posted:

I wonder what GRRMs knife collection's like.

Check out the BUDK thread

facebook jihad
Dec 18, 2007

by R. Guyovich

poverty goat posted:

Pretty much the only upside of watching every episode of this show so far is that now I know never to read the books

I went into the tv show knowing I'd never read the books. Too many pages to read and so many better books out there, what's the point.

Tinfoil Papercut
Jul 27, 2016

by Athanatos

Elevator Screamer posted:

Show Euron was pretty much Black Parade-era My Chemical Romance.

Also Fake Sansa's boobs were nice, but not as good as Ramsey Bolton's crazy brunette sidekick who played with Theon's peepee before it got boxed.

My top 5 GoT boobies are:

1. Ramsey Bolton's Harley Quinn sidekick
  2. Fake Sansa
  3. Lord Varys
  4. Natalie Dormer
  5. Bad Pussy

Melisandre not in top 5? Shameful.

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

GET LOSE❌🗺️, YOUS CAN'T COMPARE😤 WITH ME 💪POWERS🇦🇺
When does this start airing? I have a standing arrangement with my Mum where I go around to her place to watch it bc I don’t have cable, and then I have to tell her if there are any rape scenes so she can skip them. I’ve had more than one argument about the definition of ‘rape’ for this exercise with my mum but it’s all worth it for those sweet games of throne

facebook jihad
Dec 18, 2007

by R. Guyovich

Malcolm Turnbeug posted:

When does this start airing? I have a standing arrangement with my Mum where I go around to her place to watch it bc I don’t have cable, and then I have to tell her if there are any rape scenes so she can skip them. I’ve had more than one argument about the definition of ‘rape’ for this exercise with my mum but it’s all worth it for those sweet games of throne

Next Sunday.

Wasn't the reception for the rape scene with Sansa received terribly? I can't imagine another rape scene this season.

e: I mean, obviously no one's going to receive a rape scene well, but I remember most media outlets panning it as tasteless--which is rare for GoT.

facebook jihad fucked around with this message at 03:55 on Apr 7, 2019

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend
Nobody’s even going to have time for rape this season

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

Tinfoil Papercut posted:

SardonicTyrant
Feb 26, 2016

BTICH IM A NEWT
熱くなれ夢みた明日を
必ずいつかつかまえる
走り出せ振り向くことなく
&

Bran wargs into the spinning sun thing, crashes it into the ground.

Crypto Cobain
Jun 17, 2018

by Reene
I hope an armillary sphere crashes into some more people.

P.S.
it's also called a spherical astrolabe

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

General Dog posted:

Nobody’s even going to have time for rape this season

Oh my sweet summer child...

lezard_valeth
Mar 14, 2016

facebook jihad posted:

e: I mean, obviously no one's going to receive a rape scene well, but I remember most media outlets panning it as tasteless--which is rare for GoT.

People received Drogo raping Dany relatively well in s1 considering people then considered it oh so touching that "OMG Dany got to see Drogo one last time in s2 i cri"

Captain Splendid
Jan 7, 2009

Qu'en pense Caffarelli?

Tinfoil Papercut posted:

Pixellated but :nws: stuff in video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jBGjbGb-1ww&t=470s

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

The season will be worse since the amount of tits possibilities has actually decreased.

Ros Dead
Sand Snakes Dead

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

Hi I’m here to make fun of long effort posts

Typo posted:

-tyrion betrays jon+dany

-euron brings golden company and attacks winterfell with cersei's soldiers

-sansa dies

-davos etc dies

-jon kills tyrion

-dany+jon becomes king/queen and have baby

ElGroucho
Nov 1, 2005

We already - What about sticking our middle fingers up... That was insane
Fun Shoe
What if the night king is like, yo we just want to paaaaaarty

And everyone has a big wet t shirt contest

CrazyLoon
Aug 10, 2015

"..."

Funny, but nothing compares to people's reaction to this censored but still :nws: :

Loden Taylor
Aug 11, 2003

ElGroucho posted:

What if the night king is like, yo we just want to paaaaaarty

And everyone has a big wet t shirt contest

Night King sneaks up and uses ice magic to freeze and shatter a contestant's wet t-shirt, leaving her topless.

She slaps him, everyone laughs, freeze frame into an Animal House style "where are they now" epilogue.

ElGroucho
Nov 1, 2005

We already - What about sticking our middle fingers up... That was insane
Fun Shoe
"Hey everyone, we're all going to get laid!"

*Rock the Casbah* starts playing

facebook jihad
Dec 18, 2007

by R. Guyovich

CrazyLoon posted:

Funny, but nothing compares to people's reaction to this censored but still :nws: :

That was the point in my eyes where the show became unsalvageable outside of car crash television with a hint of fantasy. There was and still has been no point in that scene besides "oh that woman you think is hot? she's actually old and gross ewwwww".

gently caress anyone who takes this poo poo seriously.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Also all the times she didn't have her necklace on and her tits out that didn't turn her old before that moment.

Ichabod Tane
Oct 30, 2005

A most notable
coward, an infinite and endless liar, an hourly promise breaker, the owner of no one good quality.

https://youtu.be/_Ojd0BdtMBY?t=4

Solice Kirsk posted:

Also all the times she didn't have her necklace on and her tits out that didn't turn her old before that moment.

It really was a lovely reveal because it defies it's own internal logic and ffffuuucxxkkkk youu

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Glenn Quebec posted:

It really was a lovely reveal because it defies it's own internal logic and ffffuuucxxkkkk youu

it was dumb

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon
Maybe the crystal is like an external battery.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Charging up her titsout crystals.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
I'd hit it.