Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

Baby you can shout at me,
But you can't need my eyes.
Fair goal by Charlie

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

boy undead
Nov 11, 2006

time to get prolific with
the whiz kid
Charlie rules

Schlesische
Jul 4, 2012

snaeksikn posted:

I think so. They'll probably start to tire out come the halfway point of the year but they'll catch out a number of sides, particularly when playing at home

Hawthorn play them twice.
I'm legit terrified that two losses to Brisbane will gently caress the season.

Chairchucker
Nov 14, 2006

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

boy undead posted:

Charlie rules

Hell yeah he does

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

I've got a pocket full of cheese🧀, and a garden full of trees🌴.

Whilst it is nice to see a team who have been poo poo for so long come good. I can never like Brisbane for the way that they treated Fitzroy.

The Deadly Hume
May 26, 2004

Let's get a little crazy. Let's have some fun.
I dunno about that, if anything it's all the other clubs in the league that shafted the Roys because they were terrified of the North merger option (which would have been better for Fitzroy fans in someway). The Brisbane org has done as much as they can to maintain the connection, though it can be argued the VAFA club is the real Fitzroy now.

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

The Deadly Hume posted:

I dunno about that, if anything it's all the other clubs in the league that shafted the Roys because they were terrified of the North merger option (which would have been better for Fitzroy fans in someway). The Brisbane org has done as much as they can to maintain the connection, though it can be argued the VAFA club is the real Fitzroy now.

I see what you are saying, but I can never forget the Footy Show, I think the day after the merger was announced, and the then Chairman of Brisbane being the biggest smuggest arsehole crowing about the death of a club and laughing about the clash between Fitzroy and the then Bears as being a "percentage booster".

So whilst you may be right, and the facts may not support my story entirely, but my memory and my gut treats the narrative as "Brisbane killed Fitzroy, and then laughed and danced on it's corpse"

The Deadly Hume
May 26, 2004

Let's get a little crazy. Let's have some fun.
Oh yeah dickhead CEOs/presidents/etc.

Even the Dawks thing, history goes that the Melbourne members voted yes and the Hawthorn members voted no. But I'm not going to dump on Dees fans generally, because apparently what happened at the Melbourne meeting was that a lot of people were locked out and maybe proxies weren't being taken.

I think the heat the AFL took from the two processes (plus the Fitzcray one from the late 80s) was such that even relocation, even the one people think should happen (GC to Tassie), is a touchy subject.

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

Chairchucker posted:

I changed NBA teams because my loyalty was to a player rather than to a location. I go for the Crows for geographical reasons, but if a team sprouted up in Newy, I'd be happy to adopt them since they'd be a team I could actually go and see.

as (one of the few?) the American I have the opposite, my baseball team and NBA team are locked in stone. always fun to talk to the Australians in my club around NBA playoffs time.

also come on the Saints tomorrow

Diet Crack
Jan 15, 2001

Eat poo poo Collingwood.

The umps were absolutely abysmal for both sides, some of the weakest frees I've ever seen and the 50 penalty is just so incredibly loving dumb.

Also I thought they were supposed to be putting leniency on hands in the back if it's not a clear shove, which was pinged 6 times tonight against both sides and really just hosed with the flow of the game too much.

I'm less irritated about losing to Brisbane knowing it wasn't a fluke.

Diet Crack fucked around with this message at 18:34 on Apr 6, 2019

realbez
Mar 23, 2005

Fun Shoe
I’m seriously worried that someone is going to get hurt on that lovely SCG surface. Move all swans games to spotless please. I’d rather Hawthorn forfeit than play on that.

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

realbez posted:

I’m seriously worried that someone is going to get hurt on that lovely SCG surface. Move all swans games to spotless please. I’d rather Hawthorn forfeit than play on that.

Adelaide Oval too.

monolithburger
Sep 7, 2011

quote:

Richmond coach Damien Hardwick has questioned whether Dustin Martin is receiving enough protection from the umpires after the superstar Tiger's frustrations boiled over more than once during the team's 49-point loss to Greater Western Sydney at Giants Stadium.

"Why do you reckon he might give away that free kick? At the end of the day, blokes come to watch the No.4 play," said Hardwick, who at once stage approached the umpires to ask "their responsibility to the ball-player. I didn't get a response".

:fuckoff:

Chairchucker
Nov 14, 2006

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

Give Hardwick 2 weeks as well.

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

I reckon he might give away that free kick cause he’s a fuckwit but that’s just me

Spedman
Mar 12, 2010

Kangaroos hate Hasselblads
Hardwick needs to remember it’s not a loving exhibition match, Martin needs to actually learn how to beat a tag without his elbows

Also, Dees reserves are struggling against Box Hill, not good signs for the club

hiddenmovement
Sep 29, 2011

"Most mornings I'll apologise in advance to my wife."
Martin turns 28 in June and has been playing senior footy for a decade. He knows how to beat a tag. I reckon his body isn't right. He'll have some sort of hip complaint that's preventing him from being able to go at full tilt.

EDIT: I mean yeah he's also a fuckhead but if we're discussing his collapse in form, his body is fukt

hiddenmovement fucked around with this message at 05:30 on Apr 7, 2019

strap on revenge
Apr 8, 2011

that's my thing that i say
suns good :eyepop:

Chairchucker
Nov 14, 2006

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

LOL I love the early season mayhem when all the teams are bad

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

*scratches “Gold Coast” off a list titled possible wins for 2019*

Schlesische
Jul 4, 2012

Solemn Sloth posted:

*scratches “Gold Coast” off a list titled possible wins for 2019*

Who's still on that list?
Hawthorn?

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

Schlesische posted:

Hawthorn?

Underneath Carlton there's just a map showing the route Patrick Cripps takes to training each day.

snoremac
Jul 27, 2012

I LOVE SEEING DEAD BABIES ON 𝕏, THE EVERYTHING APP. IT'S WORTH IT FOR THE FOLLOWING TAB.
afl.com.au is a pile of piss. All live scores on the homepage display as 0.

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

Schlesische posted:

Hawthorn?

I'd given myself a bit of leeway by saying "possible" so it was pretty much suns, saints and blues.

realbez
Mar 23, 2005

Fun Shoe
Hawks suck!!!! All of those 50m penalties were bullshit!!!!!!!!!

Periphery
Jul 27, 2003
Where is Volkerball?! The Suns are finally playing good footy and we don't get to celebrate with them.

E: Also, the Saints 1 point in over the Suns isn't looking too bad now. :smug:

Periphery fucked around with this message at 08:03 on Apr 7, 2019

Schlesische
Jul 4, 2012

This Hawks/Norf game is terrible.
Also, Wingard is the magical invisible man while Scully appears to have the brain power of the Yeast Extract they use to make Vegemite.

realbez
Mar 23, 2005

Fun Shoe
Wingard has done a few pretty good things

snaeksikn
Feb 28, 2010

:qq::qq::qq::qq::qq::qq::qq:
the suns record so far this year:

lost by 1
won by 3
won by 5

real skin of the teeth sort of stuff

drunkill
Sep 25, 2007

me @ ur posting
Fallen Rib
To be fair to the suns, the dogs got like 5 free kicks inside forward 50 in the last 10 mins of the game.

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

Tipping has been tough so far this season

boy undead
Nov 11, 2006

the whiz kid
That Billings free was hot trash.

realbez
Mar 23, 2005

Fun Shoe

drunkill posted:

To be fair to the suns, the dogs got like 5 free kicks inside forward 50 in the last 10 mins of the game.

That rings a bell

Hawks 😊 good to see Wingard Scully and Scrimshaw all going well as recruits from last year.

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

Scully is good. O'Meara is good.

Hawks medical team = good.

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

Fyfe just got knocked from winter time to summer time there. Scary knock of heads.

Chairchucker
Nov 14, 2006

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

I don't think I even knew Wingard was a Hawk

hiddenmovement
Sep 29, 2011

"Most mornings I'll apologise in advance to my wife."
He's slipping it in between games of fortnite

boy undead
Nov 11, 2006

the whiz kid
It'd be pretty great if the Saints could kick straight.

Spedman
Mar 12, 2010

Kangaroos hate Hasselblads
Well thank gently caress for that

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Periphery
Jul 27, 2003

boy undead posted:

It'd be pretty great if the Saints could kick straight.

3 shots at goal that went out on the full totally cost us the game that time. So god drat frustrating.

Also, not having Carlisle, Roberton or Hannebery and Steven (to a lesser degree) is really hurting us. Carlisle alone could easily have been enough to tip the scales of that.