Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?
Oh, poo poo, I know where this is going. Re-Destro's going to call an army of thousands of pawns to rise up and just get just a wet fart of support. And then Shigaraki will beat him with a handful of people he actually cares about. It'll be kind of the culmination of the character arc that Overhaul started.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

PMush Perfect posted:

Oh, poo poo, I know where this is going. Re-Destro's going to call an army of thousands of pawns to rise up and just get just a wet fart of support. And then Shigaraki will beat him with a handful of people he actually cares about. It'll be kind of the culmination of the character arc that Overhaul started.

Shirigaki is just gonna disintegrate Re-Destro and take over his operation, starting a villian version of Luffy's Grand Fleet.

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Do you want to know what we do to artists?

Electric Phantasm posted:

Shirigaki is just gonna disintegrate Re-Destro and take over his operation, starting a villian version of Luffy's Grand Fleet.

He's gonna lock the guy up in a dungeon somewhere so Toga can drain his blood and take over his business in order to use it's resources for the League.

Roland Jones
Aug 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

PMush Perfect posted:

This is what I'm thinking too, more or less. At the least it seems like a very likely possibility.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

If that spoilered speculation is what happens, then it's being foreshadowed in his introductory chapter, where the company's move into hero support isn't going as well as they anticipated.

Incidentally, while rereading Chapter 218, I notice that the CEOs are holding up their hands in the shape "L" as Re-Destro is entering the meeting room, and he holds his hand up in that shape as he addresses them. Guessing that's their sign for "Liberation" (and not "Loser" :v:)

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

Finally saw Two Heroes

Why was no one talking about this back when the movie was the buzz of the internet?

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

Cow Lady was better.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?

Vinylshadow posted:

Finally saw Two Heroes

Why was no one talking about this back when the movie was the buzz of the internet?
Costume is adorable but the lack of eyebrows is more creepy than cute.

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
watching this twilight world
as long as time flows.

Vinylshadow posted:

Finally saw Two Heroes

I got your joke, and I appreciate it.

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

Radish posted:

Cow Lady was better.

Only by virtue of actually being animated and having short shorts

Rodenthar Drothman posted:

I got your joke, and I appreciate it.

Would you believe me if I said it was completely unintentional?

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Everyone was too distracted by Godzillo to notice anyone else.

that duck
Mar 23, 2013

SKULL.GIF posted:

If that spoilered speculation is what happens, then it's being foreshadowed in his introductory chapter, where the company's move into hero support isn't going as well as they anticipated.

Also in that chapter, the assistant says he read the book and thought it was pretentious garbage. Most of the people who bought it probably think the same thing.

Viridiant
Nov 7, 2009

Big PP Energy
This villain group is a bunch of CEOs, they are definitely just a bunch of rich people who are huffing their own farts. Any real followers they have were probably bought, not convinced.

Lt. Lizard
Apr 28, 2013

Viridiant posted:

This villain group is a bunch of CEOs, they are definitely just a bunch of rich people who are huffing their own farts. Any real followers they have were probably bought, not convinced.

I mean there are plenty of people not only willing but stupidly eager to huff rich people's farts, and that's in society where you are not banned using your inborn ability to fly to work and avoid commute or to help your family company with anti-gravity power or to create infinite gold and tank global economy, because it wouldn't be fair. (and billion other reason's and you could theoretically get a permit to use your quirk to some degree, but the whole fairness thing is definitely on forefront).

Lt. Lizard fucked around with this message at 01:44 on Apr 8, 2019

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Viridiant posted:

We've already seen a follower try to attack hero society, in Chapter 186. It's not going to be 110k but it's not going to be nothing, either.

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono
This arc has me excited.

Cipher Pol 9
Oct 9, 2006

Lt. Lizard posted:

I mean there are plenty of people not only willing but stupidly eager to huff rich people's fart
Oh no, the villain army for this arc is gonna be Elon Musk's Twitter followers?

socialsecurity
Aug 30, 2003

Viridiant posted:

Yeah no evil CEO has ever had an entire army of stupid followers that were loyal to them for no reason, why someone like that could become president.

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Official Translation's out.

Dolash
Oct 23, 2008

aNYWAY,
tHAT'S REALLY ALL THERE IS,
tO REPORT ON THE SUBJECT,
oF ME GETTING HURT,

I think Spinner might actually be at risk of falling for the Liberation Army's ideology, if he's feeling disillusioned with the league he might be shopping around for a new belief system.

Part of what makes a villain arc interesting is Horikoshi's got a lot more plot structural freedom to work with - even though Spinner's a minor goof character, he's free to get killed off, or become cynical, or turn face, or buy into Shigaraki's vision. How the League become world-class threats to the heroes who seem to have all the advantages right now is more of an open question than the heroes' own journey.

Flesnolk
Apr 11, 2012
Why are the official translations available for free?

Rudoku
Jun 15, 2003

Damn I need a drink...

Flesnolk posted:

Because they aren't giving out yugioh cards anymore.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Flesnolk posted:

We live in a good era, my friend. They're free even outside the usual countries thanks to MangaPlus too.

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Flesnolk posted:

They make the most recent 3 chapters free and then you have to sign up to get the rest of the series.

Zomborgon
Feb 19, 2014

I don't even want to see what happens if you gain CHIM outside of a pre-coded system.

Dolash posted:

I think Spinner might actually be at risk of falling for the Liberation Army's ideology, if he's feeling disillusioned with the league he might be shopping around for a new belief system.

Part of what makes a villain arc interesting is Horikoshi's got a lot more plot structural freedom to work with - even though Spinner's a minor goof character, he's free to get killed off, or become cynical, or turn face, or buy into Shigaraki's vision. How the League become world-class threats to the heroes who seem to have all the advantages right now is more of an open question than the heroes' own journey.

Has Spinner heard the tragedy of Destro the Wise

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

Why are we supposed to care about Giran?

Rudoku
Jun 15, 2003

Damn I need a drink...

Vinylshadow posted:

Because he talks poo poo and is the VA's best bro.

thetoughestbean
Apr 27, 2013

Keep On Shroomin

Vinylshadow posted:

Because people we care about care about him

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
We normally wouldn't but then he decided to take a fat one for the league out of sheer principle

E. Revenant
Aug 26, 2002

If the abyss gazes long into you then stare right back;
make it blink.
The apocryphal advise on severing fingers to get people to talk is that if they are going to talk your best chance is after the first finger. If the captive can handle that then you are probably never going to get anything out of them that way and continuing is just going to maim and torture them for no gain.

This situation really makes it clear that the League are not good guys but they are way better people that the Liberation army.

Dr Subterfuge
Aug 31, 2005

TIME TO ROC N' ROLL
I appreciate that Redestro looks just as deranged as Shigaraki at his most deranged, but in an entirely different way.

Dr Subterfuge fucked around with this message at 22:57 on Apr 8, 2019

Nanigans
Aug 31, 2005

~Waku Waku~
Mineta (who looks most like a baby) will shoot Destro by accident to complete the Mr. Burns comparisons.

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

Lmbo if they honestly think anyone would have noticed let alone found a finger in the middle of a goddamned highway.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Rhonne posted:

They make the most recent 3 chapters free and then you have to sign up to get the rest of the series.

While I appreciate this it seems like a poo poo way to make people buy your subscription.

I think the best way would be how Crunchyroll does it, where the newest chapter is behind the paywall for a week and then it becomes free.

RatHat fucked around with this message at 01:35 on Apr 9, 2019

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

I won this avatar on a technicality this thick.

GATOS Y VATOS posted:

Lmbo if they honestly think anyone would have noticed let alone found a finger in the middle of a goddamned highway.

I think it was the police after they found the other fingers.

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

You think they'll reattach Giran's fingers or get him a new robot hand?

Dr Subterfuge
Aug 31, 2005

TIME TO ROC N' ROLL

RatHat posted:

While I appreciate this it seems like a poo poo way to make people buy your subscription.

poo poo meaning ineffective or poo poo meaning undesirable? Rewarding people who check every week seems like a good way to please the most committed fans, who are also probably the most likely to want to invest further in the site anyway.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
^^^ Ineffective

Somehow I doubt they'll keep their promise of not killing him.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cipher Pol 9
Oct 9, 2006

RatHat posted:

I think the best way would be how Crunchyroll does it, where the newest chapter is behind the paywall for a week and then it becomes free.
I feel like "free to access the beginning and the newer stuff" is better than "everything but the newest stuff is free and even that's only not free for a week." Access to the vault is what keeps me subscribed, even if I mainly only read new chapters. Also I want to support Jump.