Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

double nine
Aug 8, 2013

the ghost outfit manipulator is incompatible with the suit only challenge, so I'm curious how they're going to tweak that one.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Lollerich posted:

Do people even care about ghost mode?

I thought the same thing about Sniper Assassin but apparently there are people that like both. :shrug:

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

To be honest I think a gameplay mode where you're both trying to hunt the other and blending in as NPCs (or one person is 47 and the other is a NPC, then it switches) would be a way more fun Hitman thing to do. Points are dictated by how visibly you try to murder the other guy or something idk

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

RBA Starblade posted:

To be honest I think a gameplay mode where you're both trying to hunt the other and blending in as NPCs (or one person is 47 and the other is a NPC, then it switches) would be a way more fun Hitman thing to do. Points are dictated by how visibly you try to murder the other guy or something idk

I'd play that.

double nine
Aug 8, 2013

Difficult to implement. How do you avoid one player from standing in the most crowded area possible, or running laps until the clock runs out?

repiv
Aug 13, 2009

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hZ7oKQUWmvQ&t=114s

Sean Bean at the end :monocle:

double nine
Aug 8, 2013

Take a peek at the reward for the 12th successful elusive target.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

double nine posted:

Difficult to implement. How do you avoid one player from standing in the most crowded area possible, or running laps until the clock runs out?

I was thinking about it a bit more, maybe set it up like one player is 47, the other is an "elusive target", and the target has to complete certain objectives? Like go somewhere and use a laptop or get an item or something. Five minutes a round or something then the players switch characters. 47 has to do it as silent assassiny as possible, the ET has to survive and do something so they can't just win by hiding in the middle of nowhere.

Alternately both players are an ET and have to complete an objective and not die to the other?

Just spitballing but Ghost Mode as it is isn't really appealing at all to me. Which is fine, the game has plenty of content :v:

Turin Turambar
Jun 5, 2011

What I like from the Ghost Mode or the Sniper Assassin mode aren't the mode themselves, but that imo they hint as them setting up the code for what finally they will be able to implement in Hitman 3: full blown coop mode.

TACD
Oct 27, 2000

RBA Starblade posted:

I was thinking about it a bit more, maybe set it up like one player is 47, the other is an "elusive target", and the target has to complete certain objectives? Like go somewhere and use a laptop or get an item or something. Five minutes a round or something then the players switch characters. 47 has to do it as silent assassiny as possible, the ET has to survive and do something so they can't just win by hiding in the middle of nowhere.
This game exists and is called Spy Party.

Megaman's Jockstrap
Jul 16, 2000

What a horrible thread to have a post.
There was also Assassin's Creed multiplayer, if you got a good match it played a lot like what you're envisioning. Big problem here was that both pros and newbs played without any regard for stealth (for completely different reasons)

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

TACD posted:

This game exists and is called Spy Party.

Well that rules

quote:

There was also Assassin's Creed multiplayer, if you got a good match it played a lot like what you're envisioning. Big problem here was that both pros and newbs played without any regard for stealth (for completely different reasons)

AC's multiplayer was really good up until everyone at once figured out why not to give a poo poo about sneaking lol

Snuffman
May 21, 2004

RBA Starblade posted:

So Assassins Creed 2 - Black Flag's multiplayer?

Cause I could go for that.

where the red fern gropes
Aug 24, 2011

Megaman's Jockstrap posted:

i really enjoyed watching videos of that (since i didn't have the game) but yeah it was impossible to get sneak kills on someone who's always running at max speed on rooftops (where there's no stealth anyway) and if you tried to play stealth anyway you'd get stealthkilled yourself

Darkhold
Feb 19, 2011

No Heart❤️
No Soul👻
No Service🙅
I wouldn't play a hitman multiplayer game but if they had a hunger and thirst mode I'd so watch the videos where someone drank some wine then flipped out because the other player had poisoned it.

where the red fern gropes
Aug 24, 2011

Darkhold posted:

I wouldn't play a hitman multiplayer game but if they had a hunger and thirst mode I'd so watch the videos where someone drank some wine then flipped out because the other player had poisoned it.

a game mode where you have to consume as much food/drink on the level as you can, but if you get poisoned you lose

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Sometimes it's not the bomb that's retarded.

Ghost mode but you must hunt and eat muffins. Sometimes they're lying around, sometimes they're in a restricted area, other times they're in someone's pocket.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

where the red fern gropes posted:

a game mode where you have to consume as much food/drink on the level as you can, but if you get poisoned you lose

47 disguises himself as a waiter and brings a wafer thin mint.

mp5
Jan 1, 2005

Stroke of luck!

Just tell me how I get the dang suit and let me get the dang suit IOI

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead
i forgot that the target seeing you drop his buddy counts as body found even if you throw a fire axe into his head immediately

oh well

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

I forgot where he was, bumbled around and knocked a dozen guards out, then got immediately noticed when I opened the door and pulled an assault rifle out, gunned the whole attic down, then calmly slid down the pipe to the chopper

Later I tried Singapore for the first time and tried to blow something onto the golden eye dude's head, but missed and hit his body guard and shot the whole map to death instead

World's Greatest Hitman

e: How do you kill all three targets at once with the crane?

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

This does not make sense when, again, aggregate indicia also indicate improvements. The belief that things are worse is false. It remains false.
I wish the game would let me poison the wine at blend spots.

Pyromancer
Apr 29, 2011

This man must look upon the fire, smell of it, warm his hands by it, stare into its heart

RBA Starblade posted:

e: How do you kill all three targets at once with the crane?

I think at about 6 minutes remaining you have to interrupt what they're doing by shooting out the satellite dish and honking the boat horn, then all three will gather on 11 marker ripe for splatting. They'll also bring their attached guards, so just clear out all the lone ones and move the container into position while you wait.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Pyromancer posted:

I think at about 6 minutes remaining you have to interrupt what they're doing by shooting out the satellite dish and honking the boat horn, then all three will gather on 11 marker ripe for splatting. They'll also bring their attached guards, so just clear out all the lone ones and move the container into position while you wait.

When you pull it off it is very satisfying, but if you time it wrong you will just miss at least one of them getting there in time (and one time the Captain got stuck at her start point and refused to move) - from memory I had to wait for Dragon Eye to be coming down from locking up the hostages before disrupting the other two.

Edit: Also one of Dragon Eye's tethered guards will break his leash to stick with the hostages, so make sure you pick him off first before dropping the crate on everybody else.

Jerusalem fucked around with this message at 01:55 on Apr 6, 2019

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen

SelenicMartian posted:

Ghost mode but you must hunt and eat muffins. Sometimes they're lying around, sometimes they're in a restricted area, other times they're in someone's pocket.

Ghost Mode but it's in Whittleton Creek and you have to help the muffin lady er, "gather some ingredients"

repiv
Aug 13, 2009

When are they going to add a Ghost Rake

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

is there an elusive target happening? when’s it end i’m out of town

Wolfsheim
Dec 23, 2003

"Ah," Ratz had said, at last, "the artiste."

Super No Vacancy posted:

is there an elusive target happening? when’s it end i’m out of town

Sunday. It's the hacker dick in Paris.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

fukc

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
This becomes a lot easier when I realise I don't need to hide every single body in a box as long as it's somewhere no one will see it.

Nakar
Sep 2, 2002

Ultima Ratio Regum
So! The Holy Man pack is out in Mumbai and it's similar to the Shaman Pack, with a similar reward. The Magnesium Pouch works a bit differently from the Shaman Powder, however:
  • As the name implies, it's a flashbang explosive, but it explodes on contact. Otherwise seems identical to the Flashbang Grenade.
  • It is illegal to hold and is detected in frisks, unlike the Shaman Powder. The Shaman Powder is still illegal to be observed throwing however, so it's similar in that respect.
  • It can be thrown for a KO, but anyone who sees the person get KO'd will find the body before getting flashbanged, so it's largely useless for that and I wish they'd remove the lock-on for the powders because of this.
  • It explodes when shot, like the Shaman Powder, but unlike the Shaman Powder it doesn't seem to work when shot. The bullet impact being noticed might affect whether people go into the flashed routine or something (shooting the Shaman Powder will instantly KO everyone near it).
  • While the Shaman Powder is not a concussion blast and thus has the sound profile of a regular explosion (can be heard through a closed door), the Magnesium Pouch is a flashbang and has the same sound profile (cannot be heard through a closed door).
Overall, it's a flashbang that blows on contact, which is incredibly useful. While at times the regular grenade is preferred since the sound it makes landing will cause NPCs to turn to look at it, the fact that the Magnesium Pouch works quickly and is relatively quiet makes it worthwhile enough to use. Flashing is a niche strategy that mostly works in contracts, but it is extremely useful for quick multi-target kills in scenarios where they're all in the same room and can also be used to sneak past an area if you don't mind people going into a panic afterward. The only problem it has right now is the lock-on, which makes it difficult to throw into the middle of a cluster of people or past someone.

Rev. Melchisedech Howler
Sep 5, 2006

You know. Leather.
Got the elusive target done before it expired: had a perfect SA run going up until I randomly got a 'non-target killed' message just before exiting the level :mad:

mp5
Jan 1, 2005

Stroke of luck!

Restrained Crown Posse posted:

Got the elusive target done before it expired: had a perfect SA run going up until I randomly got a 'non-target killed' message just before exiting the level :mad:

helmut kruger on his cell phone not looking where he is walking, pushes himself over the railing and into the river, complaining to Dan the whole time

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

A level where you had to keep an npc from Mr Magooing a murder or accidental suicide (for SA) on top of killing the target would rule.

Lollerich
Mar 25, 2004

The little doctors are back,
they want to play with you!
Have you played Patient Zero? There is an NPC in every level called Jeff, that can be prevented in every level from commiting suicide. But I think, you need to play them all in sequence for him to show up in every level.
Edit: he only tries to kill himself in Sapienza and Colorado, but he is in all Patient Zero levels.

Lollerich fucked around with this message at 22:24 on Apr 8, 2019

Megaman's Jockstrap
Jul 16, 2000

What a horrible thread to have a post.
The hacker saw his buddy get wrenched and then I shot him in the head and still lost Silent Assassin. Bummer. I really miss the previous games' method of not breaking SA when you beaned people if the onlooker was a target and was killed before they could communicate with anyone.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Lollerich posted:

Have you played Patient Zero? There is an NPC in every level called Jeff, that can be prevented in every level from commiting suicide. But I think, you need to play them all in sequence for him to show up in every level.

With some of the easter eggs in Hitman I can't tell if this is real or not

Lollerich
Mar 25, 2004

The little doctors are back,
they want to play with you!

RBA Starblade posted:

With some of the easter eggs in Hitman I can't tell if this is real or not

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OOFd7rtTdPw

double nine
Aug 8, 2013

I know he shows up in sapienza & Bangkok but I'm unaware of any other appearances.

e:nvermind

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Lol nice