Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

nerve
Jan 2, 2011

SKA SUCKS
being authentic and not selling out are both v good gently caress a shill gently caress a influencer

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jerry Seinfeld
Mar 30, 2009

nerve posted:

being authentic and not selling out are both v good gently caress a shill gently caress a influencer

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend
But if they ever decide to get some money I support their right to do so wholeheartedly

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

They used to call me tricky-kid, I lived the life they wish they did.

General Dog posted:

But if they ever decide to get some money I support their right to do so wholeheartedly

Patreon pulls in over 12k a month. They’re already effectively living off the podcast, even though they both have jobs. I’m sure that portions of that 12k go to editing, merch, airline tickets, but they’re definitely making a respectable living off the show.

Fly Ricky
May 7, 2009

The Wine Taster

Beastie posted:

Patreon pulls in over 12k a month. They’re already effectively living off the podcast, even though they both have jobs. I’m sure that portions of that 12k go to editing, merch, airline tickets, but they’re definitely making a respectable living off the show.

My understanding was that the money basically goes to Seth (so he doesn't work anymore) and Jah keeps sucking off the tit of his dad.

Fly Ricky fucked around with this message at 13:13 on Apr 8, 2019

pooch516
Mar 10, 2010

Fly Ricky posted:

My understanding was that the money basically goes to Seth (so he doesn't work anymore) and Jah keeps ducking off the tit of his dad.

Cut another finger, Mommy.

PosteriorChain
May 31, 2015
Seth does all the work anyway. It's payment for the pre-pro.

D O R K Y
Sep 1, 2001

For me most of the appeal of the show is just how Seth works to just digest a ton of dying media that I don't consume myself (tv, magazines, newspapers). Some of the "we're old, world sucks" stuff can get tiring but as an extremely-online person it's nice to be reminded that the alternative has always sucked too.

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

Seth’s rant in 711 about biting it The ‘Dance after watching the kids choice awards is really hilarious.

Haverchuck
May 6, 2005

the coolest

Dork457 posted:

For me most of the appeal of the show is just how Seth works to just digest a ton of dying media that I don't consume myself (tv, magazines, newspapers). Some of the "we're old, world sucks" stuff can get tiring but as an extremely-online person it's nice to be reminded that the alternative has always sucked too.

Yeah he collates highlights and shows them to an audience who would never see it otherwise. Its like a service. Or like how when I read the forums I usually look at the lepers colony first because it presents the most deranged people from the subforums I never read.

Jippa
Feb 13, 2009

PosteriorChain posted:

I was thinking the same thing...

When it was a complicated stat or J fluffed it, it was welcome.

Jippa fucked around with this message at 08:26 on Apr 14, 2019

Bear Enthusiast
Mar 20, 2010

Maybe
You'll think of me
When you are all alone
Can anybody help downloading the archived episodes? I'm a Patreon backer and have the archives page but really don't want to save those .mp3 links one by one. I searched through the thread and saw the old RSS feed mentioned, or making a new .rss file, but can't really parse what to actually do.

Holla back for a dope pod.

Jippa
Feb 13, 2009
UYD: "Gotta have my avo's".

Trumps Baby Hands
Mar 27, 2016

Silent white light filled the world. And the righteous and unrighteous alike were consumed in that holy fire.
so I just now started watching the video eps. I hadn’t seen them do the show in physical since the Seattle show in ‘11, and I gotta ask, has anyone ever checked to see where Jonathan Laroquette and Marsha Romatelli were nine months before seth’s birthday, because goddamn

Trumps Baby Hands
Mar 27, 2016

Silent white light filled the world. And the righteous and unrighteous alike were consumed in that holy fire.
I’m not saying that the “met in a video rental store” mythos is bullshit and that Seth Romatelli is actually John Laroquette’s bastard son, but,

inferis
Dec 30, 2003

I always assumed they met in AA. Can’t remember if I heard that somewhere or made it up.

Jippa
Feb 13, 2009
Another rumour is that they met at a new years party. :) AA sounds the most plausible. They come from such different walks of life.

When I first starting listening to UYD I took on face value that seth had an ex wife and a kid. So what the hell do I know.

Jippa fucked around with this message at 09:12 on Apr 24, 2019

DrVenkman
Dec 28, 2005

I think he can hear you, Ray.
Didn't the guys say they met in a video store and one of the first things they bonded over was beauty pageants?

Riptor
Apr 13, 2003

here's to feelin' good all the time
I thought Seth was working at the video store

Human Tornada
Mar 4, 2005

I been wantin to see a honkey dance.
Yeah Jonathan brings up some lady in a beauty pageant reality show or something and Seth pulls out a photo of the very same woman from a drawer behind the counter.

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

Human Tornada posted:

Yeah Jonathan brings up some lady in a beauty pageant reality show or something and Seth pulls out a photo of the very same woman from a drawer behind the counter.

It was a child beauty pageant contestant from a then-recent HBO doc. That seems like an embellishment but, given that it was SethRo, I can 100% believe he had a clipping on-hand about that girl at that moment.

GraPar
Jun 2, 2011
Got to pay for the Patreon to see Seth's performance of Evan the angry 10 year old.

bollig
Apr 7, 2006

Never Forget.
I think some of my favorite things that Seth digs up are out-of-touch celebrities saying absolutely dumb stuff. The "Gotta have my avo's" is a great example. Also when he read out that interview from will.i.am about how everyone was calling him up saying that the world needed another where is the love.

Jippa
Feb 13, 2009

bollig posted:

I think some of my favorite things that Seth digs up are out-of-touch celebrities saying absolutely dumb stuff. The "Gotta have my avo's" is a great example. Also when he read out that interview from will.i.am about how everyone was calling him up saying that the world needed another where is the love.

Jippa posted:

UYD: "Gotta have my avo's".

oshuaj
Jul 25, 2007

I miss Weck's Wiki

DrVenkman
Dec 28, 2005

I think he can hear you, Ray.

bollig posted:

I remember how Bruce Willis was doing the promo tour for the 4th DIE HARD movie and when talking about the PG-13 rating described it as "still pretty smashmouth".

pooch516
Mar 10, 2010

Just found this in the podcast reviews.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat

pooch516 posted:

Just found this in the podcast reviews.

Someone please send this to the boys.

Astrochicken
Aug 13, 2007

So you better go back to your bars, your temples
Your massage parlors!

UYD: they advocate violenece

Leo
Oct 25, 2005

My favorite thing is Jonathan buying a $70k Mercedes

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

Soiled Meat
Jah: "everyone online is a fuckin idiot"

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

Jonathan's song about the show before the LA gig was really heartwarming.

Odddzy
Oct 10, 2007
Once shot a man in Reno.

Beastie posted:

Jah: "everyone online is a fuckin idiot"

He's not wrong

Beastie posted:

Jonathan's song about the show before the LA gig was really heartwarming.

Is there a link to it somewhere?

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

Part of the Patreon Live Show so no clue if you can see this:

https://youtu.be/J6rSSuBidcs

n8r
Jul 3, 2003

I helped Lowtax become a cyborg and all I got was this lousy avatar
What are the odds he has not spent a single night in his RV that he prob blew $30k on.

flesh dance
May 6, 2009

If you check out live episode 715 (up on patreon a week or so ago) there's a classic-style jonathan fuckup story about what is likely the first and only time he attempted it

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

Soiled Meat
Is there a different podcast feed for live eps now? I'm subscribed to the UYD bonus listening feed that the last live eps went up on and the LA show still isn't on there.

flesh dance
May 6, 2009

As far as I can tell they haven't put up audio-only files for the LA shows. 715 and 716 are up on their patreon in video form; I just converted them to audio since I listen to podcasts while doing other stuff

Boatswain
May 29, 2012
Lmao that song, Jah is too cute.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Wiggly Wizard
Aug 21, 2008

This was such a good ep

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lMw10CSCaZI