Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

kayakyakr
Feb 16, 2004

Kayak is true

Lessail posted:

sure hope the million dollars was worth it you piece of poo poo board of regents

Think of it this way: had Tubby not bailed on Tech, Beard takes UNLV to the NCAAs as a low seed in his 1st or 2nd year there, then heads to a major conference school the year after.

He wouldn't have been there this year anyway.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lessail
Apr 1, 2011

:cry::cry:
tell me how vgk aren't playing like shit again
p.s. help my grapes are so sour!

kayakyakr posted:

Think of it this way: had Tubby not bailed on Tech, Beard takes UNLV to the NCAAs as a low seed in his 1st or 2nd year there, then heads to a major conference school the year after.

He wouldn't have been there this year anyway.

that would have been better than running off all of the players and then leaving

Lessail
Apr 1, 2011

also just getting to the ncaa tournament sounds real loving neato now

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

damn i'm really in this bitch

texas tech vs virginia could be a really cool game but i suspect it’ll actually be like butler vs uconn

MC Fruit Stripe
Nov 26, 2002

around and around we go
Hey, as long as UVA gets to be UConn in that scenario.

Everyone else can wish for an exciting game. I couldn't care less as long as we're the ones with our hands raised at the end of it.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

The only person in the world who picked Tech to get this far is Mahomes and that’s enough for me. Got Tech.

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

Tech looks unbeatable right now. If Culver has a mediocre game and they still easily defeat Michigan State then I'm not sure how Virginia can beat them. The style of game they play is perfect for Tech's defense. You'd need a team that could run them out of the gym.

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!

Kirios posted:

Tech looks unbeatable right now. If Culver has a mediocre game and they still easily defeat Michigan State then I'm not sure how Virginia can beat them. The style of game they play is perfect for Tech's defense. You'd need a team that could run them out of the gym.

Yeah if Gonzaga couldn't score on Tech them I don't see how Virginia will be able to, but who knows--maybe Guy will go nuts. Helps that Virginia has three ball handlers, it's tough to pressure them and steal from them. But at this point Tech has to be the favorite.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Kansas losing the Big 12 streak to a national champion makes a better and more digestible story.

One that will conveniently ignore K-State.

kayakyakr
Feb 16, 2004

Kayak is true
No! Don't make tech the favorite. They're still the underdog. Always the underdog for that chip.

Ungratek
Aug 2, 2005

Everyone should root for America’s sweetheart, Kyle Guy

Strobe
Jun 30, 2014
GW BRAINWORMS CREW

kiimo posted:

Kansas losing the Big 12 streak to a national champion makes a better and more digestible story.

One that will conveniently ignore K-State.

:sigh:

kayakyakr
Feb 16, 2004

Kayak is true
Texas Tech is playing for the national championship.

I have to say this over and over to remind myself that it's real.

oystertoadfish
Jun 17, 2003

i love the broadcasting people's barely concealed disgust for this matchup. sometimes they don't even bother to conceal it. i hope ratings are poo poo

it's like the 2007 NLCS, rockies v diamondbacks, mountain time zone showdown. i assume it had the lowest ratings in years, and that was awesome

anyway go hoos, fuckin' still playing and poo poo. and not in that one tournament we did to get a few more home games with sean singletary back in the day, we're playing real games

edit: it was the 2008 CBI. we lost to bradley, who went on to lose 2 of 3 to tulsa

drat, this post dates me like a tree ring

oystertoadfish fucked around with this message at 18:11 on Apr 7, 2019

curried lamb of God
Aug 31, 2001

we are all Marwinners

oystertoadfish posted:

I assume that everybody on this forum is in their early to mid 30's since nobody new has joined since like 2008

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

oystertoadfish posted:

i love the broadcasting people's barely concealed disgust for this matchup. sometimes they don't even bother to conceal it. i hope ratings are poo poo

it's like the 2007 NLCS, rockies v diamondbacks, mountain time zone showdown. i assume it had the lowest ratings in years, and that was awesome

anyway go hoos, fuckin' still playing and poo poo. and not in that one tournament we did to get a few more home games with sean singletary back in the day, we're playing real games

edit: it was the 2008 CBI. we lost to bradley, who went on to lose 2 of 3 to tulsa

I rooted really hard for a Pacers-Grizzlies Finals in 2013 and this is my karmic retribution.

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Looking cute, feeling cute.

curried lamb of God posted:

I assume that everybody on this forum is in their early to mid 30's since nobody new has joined since like 2008

Some of us are still in our twenties for the next seven months. :smuggo:

(Please tell me my thirties will be better.)

elentar
Aug 26, 2002

Every single year the Ivy League takes a break from fucking up the world through its various alumni to fuck up everyone's bracket instead.

Probably Magic posted:

lol no

Lessail
Apr 1, 2011

thank you arkansas for taking away one of my nightmares

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

I'm starting to think this Hunter Yurachek fellow may not be a great AD.

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

chaoslord posted:

I'm starting to think this Hunter Yurachek fellow may not be a great AD.

Mussleman is a good hire

PotatoJudge
May 22, 2004

Tell me about the rabbits, George
Carsen Edwards will declare for the draft, and is hiring an agent. He won't be back for his senior year. Good for him, but god loving drat it. This was the year I guess.

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
I would guess he'll stay in but you can hire an agent and come back now as long as you end the relationship with the agent before next season.

If you get an combine invite you can actually stay in all the way through the draft and still come back if you go undrafted too.

PotatoJudge
May 22, 2004

Tell me about the rabbits, George

MourningView posted:

I would guess he'll stay in but you can hire an agent and come back now as long as you end the relationship with the agent before next season.

If you get an combine invite you can actually stay in all the way through the draft and still come back if you go undrafted too.

Oh good. If he gets feedback that he could be a 1st round guy I hope he goes, otherwise come back Carsen, it's going to be a good team next season.

Demon Of The Fall
May 1, 2004

Nap Ghost
https://twitter.com/ByMikeWilson/status/1115040146502631425

I don’t see this happening at all.

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!

Probably Magic posted:

The thirties are cool provided you stop giving a gently caress

curried lamb of God
Aug 31, 2001

we are all Marwinners

He's a good coach, but he's already 64 and I'm sure Tennessee will do everything to keep him

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer

curried lamb of God posted:

He's a good coach, but he's already 64 and I'm sure Tennessee will do everything to keep him

Im curious to see what the AD does. He’s already the second highest SEC coach. So they match Calipari’s salary or beat it?

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Joey Freshwater posted:

Im curious to see what the AD does. He’s already the second highest SEC coach. So they match Calipari’s salary or beat it?

Seems like a bad idea in that he probably won't be worth that going forward, but a good idea in that Tennessee needs to keep whatever goodish coaches they have.

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

PotatoJudge posted:

Carsen Edwards will declare for the draft, and is hiring an agent. He won't be back for his senior year. Good for him, but god loving drat it. This was the year I guess.

i mean he’s not getting any taller so i doubt his stock is gonna be any higher than it is now

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
Barnes did interview at least it sounds like. If he's going to leave this would be a good time, I guess. They're most likely losing a ton and like others have said he's already pretty old.

vikingstrike
Sep 23, 2007

whats happening, captain

Joey Freshwater posted:

I don’t see Tennessee making Barnes the highest paid NCAA basketball coach.

Edit: got curious what the rest of the SEC looks like and Crean is 3. Lol jfc Georgia

vikingstrike fucked around with this message at 02:45 on Apr 8, 2019

Demon Of The Fall
May 1, 2004

Nap Ghost
lol only Tennessee could lose a loving COY. If he leaves then what the gently caress if Fulmer doing?

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

Oh no, no no no, no, UCLA, you do not want Rick Barnes. Trust me.

You might THINK you want him, but you don’t.

ColdBlooded
Jul 15, 2001

Ask me how to run a good team into the ground.

PotatoJudge posted:

Held out hope he'd come back next year to set some records, but deep down I know that this is the right decision. Hope he gets a fair shot in the NBA

curried lamb of God
Aug 31, 2001

we are all Marwinners

Joey Freshwater posted:

That's a tough one, especially since the other good candidates (Oats, Buzz Williams, Musselman, Sampson) have either been snapped up or signed extensions. Maybe you let him go if you think you can get Dawkins or Cronin?

Demon Of The Fall
May 1, 2004

Nap Ghost
Come home Bruce

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!
9:20 PM on a weeknight!? Who the hell is going to watch this thing?

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

I. M. Gei posted:

Oh no, no no no, no, UCLA, you do not want Rick Barnes. Trust me.

You might THINK you want him, but you don’t.

yeah that’s the exact kind of dumbshit hire ucla just got done fixing so it’s a lock in my mind

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

Declan MacManus posted:

yeah that’s the exact kind of dumbshit hire ucla just got done fixing so it’s a lock in my mind

I have had some fun at Rick's expense but this comparison is offensive