Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pigsfeet on Rye
Oct 22, 2008

I'm meat on the hoof

Bad Munki posted:

Would you call that a shoe-in?

If the shoe fits...

ed.: Show architecture snype

Pigsfeet on Rye fucked around with this message at 15:48 on Apr 7, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Goober Peas
Jun 30, 2007

Check out my 'Vette, bro

Pigsfeet on Rye posted:

If the shoe fits...

ed.: Show architecture snype

I guarantee that shoe has been poo poo in.

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

Do you think a vanity in a medium or dark gray color could work in a bathroom with dark brown walls? I would have a white top on it. Like this:

https://www.homedepot.com/p/Home-Decorators-Collection-Thornbriar-48-in-W-x-21-in-D-Bathroom-Vanity-Cabinet-in-Cement-TB4821-CT/302174715

I have a mirrow that is also 48" wide that would start right above this as it's 36" above the ground, i.e. I wouldn't have any splashes.

Goober Peas
Jun 30, 2007

Check out my 'Vette, bro

I think the whole gray thing has played itself out. It would be a better long-term strategy to go with a complimentary woodtone cabinet with a white top and paint the walls gray.

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

Goober Peas posted:

I think the whole gray thing has played itself out. It would be a better long-term strategy to go with a complimentary woodtone cabinet with a white top and paint the walls gray.

Hmm okay. The current vanity is a maple color. I'm alternatively thinking about just raising that one and putting on a new top. The floor tile is a kind of beige/cream with some brown in it.

there wolf
Jan 11, 2015

by Fluffdaddy
Yeah, also vetoing a gray vanity with brown on the walls an in the tile. Go with wood, and maybe thing about something a little textured if it seems to be blending into the wall color too much.

barbecue at the folks
Jul 20, 2007

You could also try mint green for that mint chocolate vibe! (I just saw a brown house with mint green window shutters, that was a fun look.)

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

CaptainSarcastic posted:

Is the shoesink at the right intended to be wheelchair accessible or what? It looks like it is almost floor level.

That one's to wash your feet, duh!

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Kuribo's lavatory

Golbez
Oct 9, 2002

1 2 3!
If you want to take a shot at me get in line, line
1 2 3!
Baby, I've had all my shots and I'm fine

underage at the vape shop posted:

You wash your dishes in that sink?

Dishes?

Harry Potter on Ice
Nov 4, 2006

IF IM NOT BITCHING ABOUT HOW SHITTY MY LIFE IS, REPORT ME FOR MY ACCOUNT HAS BEEN HIJACKED

Electric Bugaloo posted:

Do you think women can’t do phallic imagery? Were you around for the last decade and a half of obelisks and pillars and random finials dominating Home Goods decor?

My mom alone probably has like close to 20 or 25 obelisks. I’ll post pics sometime.

I want to see said obelisks if you ever get a pic of them!

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Goober Peas posted:

There was an old woman who poo poo in a shoe...

:frogon:

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

there wolf posted:

Yeah, also vetoing a gray vanity with brown on the walls an in the tile. Go with wood, and maybe thing about something a little textured if it seems to be blending into the wall color too much.

Okay, I did also look at something that was a whitewashed oak that would go well with dark brown tiles. So here's my options:

1) Add just a new top that is very thick (like 2") which would add some height and be the least amount of work. This would give me a 33" vanity. Paint the area where the splashes were.

2) Add legs to the bottom of the current vanity and add whatever top I want. However this is obviously a lot more work, and I'm unsure whether the tile floor extends to be below the vanity or not. Is there any reason why it wouldn't be?

3) Replace the vanity completely. This is obviously the most expensive. Also I have a matching linen closet (i.e. also maple) that would need to be changed to match the new vanity.

Last thing - other vanity colors to consider to match brown walls? What about white? I think that would contrast pretty well, but I still would have to match the linen closet.

Here's the floor btw. That brown rug is pretty similar in color to the walls.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

there wolf
Jan 11, 2015

by Fluffdaddy
It's unlikely that they tiled around the vanity, but it should be easy to tell. I'd go with modifying the vanity rather than replacing it, unless you really want a different layout or more storage or something else that means you just need a whole new piece. Another idea is to paint it dark like the walls, but with a high gloss so all the reflected light makes it stand out.

But you keep coming back to new and lighter vanity, so if you opt to go that route you just need to color test against the tile. The thing about neutrals is you have to check for what undertones get brought out up against other colors and in different lights. Don't buy a new vanity only to find out it turns green and makes your tile look like a flesh tone bandaid.

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

Modifying the vanity would definitely be the easiest. If I add a topper between the vanity and the top it should be straightforward but I want to make sure I can match it. I assume I would just use maple stain.

peanut
Sep 9, 2007

Is painting tiles possible?? Adding cute clover decals?? Your floors are bleak :(

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

peanut posted:

Is painting tiles possible?? Adding cute clover decals?? Your floors are bleak :(

I think that's lino, not tile.

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

How much does this thread know about exterior design?

We’re thinking about re-landscaping our front yard at some point when we have more money, and I was hoping somebody here with some kind of landscape architecture/garden design knowledge could take a look at the mock-up map I made in MSPaint and give me some feedback.

I’d put this in the Plants In General thread, but I’m already littering that thread pretty heavily with other questions to the point that I think they might be ignoring me now. Plus this is more of a design question than a plant question, which seems more like this thread’s forte.

SpartanIvy
May 18, 2007
Hair Elf
I just finished my $23,000 landscaping project. What does everyone think? I had to cut through some bedrock to put it together but the mulch will support everything.

McGurk
Oct 20, 2004

Cuz life sucks, kids. Get it while you can.

Already lured a female! Nice remodel

Bad Munki
Nov 4, 2008

We're all mad here.

Ditch the fence and it’s perfect.

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

peanut posted:

I wouldn't mind having the floor redone as well. But painting lino seems like a pain. Also part of it is probably that it really needs to be cleaned.

Here's part of the vanity, floor and wall. Do you think that if I keep the vanity I should keep the maple color? Or paint it something different (and also possibly paint the walls)?

actionjackson fucked around with this message at 01:19 on Apr 9, 2019

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

I. M. Gei posted:

How much does this thread know about exterior design?

We’re thinking about re-landscaping our front yard at some point when we have more money, and I was hoping somebody here with some kind of landscape architecture/garden design knowledge could take a look at the mock-up map I made in MSPaint and give me some feedback.

SpartanIvy posted:

I just finished my $23,000 landscaping project. What does everyone think? I had to cut through some bedrock to put it together but the mulch will support everything.

I’ll take that as a yes. :v:

TooMuchAbstraction
Oct 14, 2012

I spent four years making
Waves of Steel
Hell yes I'm going to turn my avatar into an ad for it.
Fun Shoe

actionjackson posted:

I wouldn't mind having the floor redone as well. But painting lino seems like a pain. Also part of it is probably that it really needs to be cleaned.

Here's part of the vanity, floor and wall. Do you think that if I keep the vanity I should keep the maple color? Or paint it something different (and also possibly paint the walls)?

Your uneven drawers are stressing me out.

The color looks fine to me though. Could maybe do with being a bit lighter, but I'd rather have the natural wood than a lighter painted color. I'm a sucker for wood though.

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

TooMuchAbstraction posted:

Your uneven drawers are stressing me out.

The color looks fine to me though. Could maybe do with being a bit lighter, but I'd rather have the natural wood than a lighter painted color. I'm a sucker for wood though.

Oh gently caress now I can't unsee that. I was able to easily fix it though.

Speaking of, how do I deal with wood warping in bathrooms due to shower steam? Several of the doors close slightly unevenly because of this.

peanut
Sep 9, 2007

Paint the vanity w Mexican birds and flowers like this

Buff Skeleton
Oct 24, 2005

SpartanIvy posted:

Ahhhh, so there's the toilet, at last

peanut
Sep 9, 2007

does that poop cube have ac ?

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

peanut posted:

does that poop cube have ac ?

Poop greenhouse.

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant
How did you guys get a picture of Quentin Tarantino's private bathroom-trailer???

Electric Bugaloo posted:

Do you think women can’t do phallic imagery?
Someone once asked me if modern architecture was phallic, what would female-designed (yonic) architecture be?
Without skipping a beat I said "Buncha caves and greenery" and I got the most :randstare: look ever.

E://ahahaha holy gently caress someone gave Beetsy the joists poem as a quote? Magnificent.

there wolf
Jan 11, 2015

by Fluffdaddy
Almost off the front page, let's see what dumb poo poo I have stashed away...

CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

there wolf posted:

Almost off the front page, let's see what dumb poo poo I have stashed away...

That shower looks considerably smaller than a drat phone booth.

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
i kept telling the designer make it look like a god drat mcdonalds motherfucking washroom but they refused to put in the baby change station

Zamboni Rodeo
Jul 19, 2007

NEVER play "Lady of Spain" AGAIN!

Crosspostin'. Here's one way to save on flooring.

SpartanIvy
May 18, 2007
Hair Elf
That's just the hatch to the sex dungeon.

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

I attached my new vanity top. Unfortunately even though it's classified as a "48 inch" vanity top it's actually 49 inches. However it says it fits a 48x21 vanity which is what I have. After putting it on (my vanity is in the right corner of the bathroom) it overshoots the left edge by a bit, i.e. the vanity top doesn't actually touch the left top edge of the vanity. The caulking is touching fine in the back and right side, and the front. Is this an issue?

actionjackson fucked around with this message at 03:26 on Apr 13, 2019

trilobite terror
Oct 20, 2007
BUT MY LIVELIHOOD DEPENDS ON THE FORUMS!

actionjackson posted:

I attached my new vanity top. Unfortunately even though it's classified as a "48 inch" vanity top it's actually 49 inches. However it says it fits a 48x21 vanity which is what I have. After putting it on (my vanity is in the right corner of the bathroom) it overshoots the left edge by a bit, i.e. the vanity top doesn't actually touch the left top edge of the vanity. The caulking is touching fine in the back and right side, and seems to be fine in the front. Is this an issue?

take a pic

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

Okay here you go. I just talked to the guy at the home depot. He said it should be fine. The gap is about 1/4 inch between the vanity edge and the vanity top edge. I think the reason this happened is because the vanity is in the back right corner, so I can't center it, i.e. the extra inch all has to be on the left side. I'm just going to wipe up the caulk that's in there.

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

For reference here is the top attached. You can see what I mean about it being in the back right.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

trilobite terror
Oct 20, 2007
BUT MY LIVELIHOOD DEPENDS ON THE FORUMS!
If you were worried you could shim it but it’s prob fine.