Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!
I'm still looking for my second blood shrine to get the life orb

100 hours in and haven't seen the old man ever either, any day now!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

quidditch it and quit it
Oct 11, 2012

loving piece of poo poo has crashed again for no reason when I had the paradox and was just before the Dragun. I know it’s a free update and all but for gently caress’s sake.

BaconCopter
Feb 13, 2008

:coolfish:

Holy poo poo I just had the most broken rear end run, which happened to be the run where I played and unlocked the Gunslinger.

All because of one hidden shiny boy who was disguised as a brown chest in a secret area.

Unsurprisingly, this spiraled out of control with some highlights being AKEY-47 on floor 2 (all synergies gives it infinite ammo!), the totally absurd Island Form regular AK, getting high curse and finding cursed bullets.

Destro
Dec 29, 2003

time to wake up

quidditch it and quit it posted:

loving piece of poo poo has crashed again for no reason when I had the paradox and was just before the Dragun. I know it’s a free update and all but for gently caress’s sake.

The Dev's have been on the Gungeon subreddit saying they are fixing the crashes/bugs, and responding to some of the posters there so I'd imagine fixes will be coming soon.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
This probably isn't new but I just now figured out you can try to pick the Oubliette locks :monocle:

BaconCopter
Feb 13, 2008

precision posted:

This probably isn't new but I just now figured out you can try to pick the Oubliette locks :monocle:

The drill works on them 100% of the time as well!

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

I unlocked the paradox, finished the run and started the gunslinger run. I picked up the cactus from the first floor boss and uh that was pretty stupid. This character is very very broken. Even his starter gun is good!

No Wave fucked around with this message at 07:15 on Apr 7, 2019

NoEyedSquareGuy
Mar 16, 2009

Just because Liquor's dead, doesn't mean you can just roll this bitch all over town with "The Freedoms."
It's going to be hard to not play Gunslinger every single time from now on. Clearly overpowered but so much fun.

Mr. Prokosch
Feb 14, 2012

Behold My Magnificence!
I touched the goo for paradox but apparently if you save the game and load it up later you lose your goo. Also, having a rough time finishing a run now, a good portion of the new stuff seems to crash the game on PS4

quidditch it and quit it
Oct 11, 2012

Mr. Prokosch posted:

I touched the goo for paradox but apparently if you save the game and load it up later you lose your goo. Also, having a rough time finishing a run now, a good portion of the new stuff seems to crash the game on PS4

Yeah it’s pretty hosed. Spent about four hours trying to unlock the paradox and had it crash for various reasons every time, taking off the paradox effect. Grrrrrr.

Harold Fjord
Jan 3, 2004
Real excited to have a more interesting credits dump with the new character and a way to sort of cheat it up with rainbow run.

Disappointed that getting knight pieces dont seem to make more drop from the rainbow chests later. Want a bullet cormorant run!

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

When I want to relax, I read an essay by Engels. When I want something more serious, I read Corto Maltese.
Got the Super Hot Watch and Riddle of Lead in one run.

Noice

Harold Fjord
Jan 3, 2004

Samovar posted:

Got the Super Hot Watch and Riddle of Lead in one run.

Noice

:drat:

I'm currently on a Paradox run with Blasphemy in it's alt skin. It seems to have extra range on regular swings for some reason.

il serpente cosmico
May 15, 2003

Best five bucks I've ever spend.
I finished the new floor, and unlocked both new characters. I'm not entirely clear on what the paradox's gimmick is. Does he just start with a random item loadout? My run with him ended up being pretty nuts. I got clone and ended up dying in bullet hell my first time through, and I accumulated an insane amount of good items my second run through. I cleared the old king without taking damage for the first time, and ended up running all 4 secret floors. I had so much health and armor by the end of my health couldn't fit on the screen, and I killed the lich without taking a hit.

The gunslinger automatically gets every gun's synergies, from the looks of it? My run with him was a bit more mundane, and I had pretty awful luck with key drops and items until I got to the fourth floor. The gun synergies easily carried me through the rest of the game.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

As an fyi you can unlock alternate skins for your starting guns for the 6 main characters. You need to play using the alt skin and kill the past. I was dreading doing the bullet's past again but it was a whole lot easier the second time.

il serpente cosmico
May 15, 2003

Did the blacksmith ask me to bring her something? I clicked quickly through the dialogue because I assumed it wasn't new.

dscruffy1
Nov 22, 2007

Look out!
Nap Ghost

il serpente cosmico posted:

Did the blacksmith ask me to bring her something? I clicked quickly through the dialogue because I assumed it wasn't new.

She'll ask you to bring the Ruby Bracelet to her.

Harold Fjord
Jan 3, 2004

dscruffy1 posted:

It gets remade into a not useless item. It's awesome.

Rainbow mode is definitely all this game needed to be perfect.

il serpente cosmico
May 15, 2003

No Wave posted:

As an fyi you can unlock alternate skins for your starting guns for the 6 main characters. You need to play using the alt skin and kill the past. I was dreading doing the bullet's past again but it was a whole lot easier the second time.

This works in rainbow mode too, fyi. I just grabbed the pilot's.

dscruffy1 posted:

Cool, I grabbed one on my last rainbow run and brought it to her.

Desperate Character
Apr 13, 2009

No Wave posted:

if you play as the paradox whoever the character you resemble will get the alternate gun if you just shoot yourself in the head at the end, no past kill or lich kill required. I had the marine show up in my credits and got his gun that way

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
so is killing the past necessary for getting paradox or can you just end the game normally

cuz i just got killed by cannon and i am feeling terribly vexed

Destro
Dec 29, 2003

time to wake up

Oxxidation posted:

so is killing the past necessary for getting paradox or can you just end the game normally

Gotta go to bullet hell and kill the lich with the paradox effect active to get paradox unlocked.

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

Destro posted:

Gotta go to bullet hell and kill the lich with the paradox effect active to get paradox unlocked.

noooooooooo

Roluth
Apr 22, 2014

If there was an unlock all cheat code, I would consider playing this again. Way too much work to unlock anything past the first group.

Einwand
Nov 3, 2012

You idiot.
In this world it's pet or BE pet.

Oxxidation posted:

You can also kill your past, I did it on a bullet run that did not go to bullet hell.

Destro
Dec 29, 2003

time to wake up
The game takes time to get good at and the unlocks are there to give some incentive to do that. I suppose that time varies per person, but skill plays a large factor in finishing any run and once you are decent at the game unlocks shouldn't be a problem.

Einwand posted:

You can also kill your past, I did it on a bullet run that did not go to bullet hell.

Oh yeah checked the wiki and this is possible too, didn't know that, but you still need the effect on you before you do it.

ChickenHeart
Nov 28, 2007

Take me at your own risk.

Kiss From a Hog
Still salty that we never got a Robocop gun or something from Unreal Tournament, and it looks like keys and ammo drops will remain the largest factor in whether-or-not a run will succeed, but with that said I think Dodge Roll left us a pretty neat roguelike that's actually feature-complete, something that a lot of other indie devs have trouble succeeding at.

How's the modding scene for this game? I know there's plenty of value-editing material out there, but is adding custom content a possibility? I could see custom guns/characters giving the game a long post-release life in a similar fashion to Binding of Issac.

Roluth
Apr 22, 2014

ChickenHeart posted:

Still salty that we never got a Robocop gun or something from Unreal Tournament, and it looks like keys and ammo drops will remain the largest factor in whether-or-not a run will succeed, but with that said I think Dodge Roll left us a pretty neat roguelike that's actually feature-complete, something that a lot of other indie devs have trouble succeeding at.

How's the modding scene for this game? I know there's plenty of value-editing material out there, but is adding custom content a possibility? I could see custom guns/characters giving the game a long post-release life in a similar fashion to Binding of Issac.

There was a modding hook for a bit, but it crashed and burned a long time ago, and we can't count on something else returning.

A Sometimes Food
Dec 8, 2010

ChickenHeart posted:

Isn't the charge gun the UT one? Or is it the Quake one?

ChickenHeart
Nov 28, 2007

Take me at your own risk.

Kiss From a Hog

A Sometimes Food posted:

Isn't the charge gun the UT one? Or is it the Quake one?

Naw it's from a game that nobody remembers

Also kinda surprised that there's like 3 Shadow Warrior guns but not a single Duke weapon. Shrinker would've made for a decent status effect gun.

Jibo
May 22, 2007

Bear Witness
College Slice
Trying to unlock the second new character and I got the first Lich kill then died at the Lich fight of the second run. That was kind of a bummer.

Infinity Gaia
Feb 27, 2011

a storm is coming...

Evolver is a fun gun but I wish I could keep it at the second-to-last level instead. The last one deals a ton of damage but the weird accelerating projectile is annoying to use.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
Do you have to put ALL the Beholster guns on the statue in a single run?!

How many guns does the devil chest take?

il serpente cosmico
May 15, 2003

precision posted:

Do you have to put ALL the Beholster guns on the statue in a single run?!

How many guns does the devil chest take?

Are you talking about the evil muncher? The first time you find it it takes ten guns, but those stack across runs. After the initial feeding, I believe it's pure RNG. In my experience, it usually takes over 5 guns to get something out of it. But it can give really good guns, so depending on the run, it can be worth it.

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747

Why is there a vore door here? Why are the item pedestals/elevators/the altar that leads to the chapter 2 secret level glitched out?

am i dead?

someone good at not being cursed please tell me what i'm doing wrong. my robot is dying

- 1 gunther
- 1 knight's gun
- literally 50 + spice used
- 25 junk

why do ammo drops keep appearing, please end the spice parade, i killed a jammed ammoconda in one hit

spit on my clit fucked around with this message at 12:20 on Apr 8, 2019

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

When I want to relax, I read an essay by Engels. When I want something more serious, I read Corto Maltese.
RESOURCEFUL RAT'S CHESTS CAN BE MIMICS!

:stare:

Edit: And now I have remote bullet, the bullet crown and shadow clone. The Lich is going DOWN.

Edit Edit: And scattershot.

Edit the IIIrd: ...Uh, how does one select the gunslinger from the Breach?

Samovar fucked around with this message at 14:11 on Apr 8, 2019

quidditch it and quit it
Oct 11, 2012

Pretty sure it’s bugged on the PS4 as I can’t access the Pilot’s past (I’ve tried three times now) without crashing if I have stood on the paradox stuff.

Olpainless
Jun 30, 2003
... Insert something brilliantly witty here.

Samovar posted:

RESOURCEFUL RAT'S CHESTS CAN BE MIMICS!

:stare:

Edit: And now I have remote bullet, the bullet crown and shadow clone. The Lich is going DOWN.

Edit Edit: And scattershot.

Edit the IIIrd: ...Uh, how does one select the gunslinger from the Breach?

It's a fairly involved unlock I think.

Got the first step done anyway now, got the Paradox unlocked. Seems like it'll be pretty fun.

Also, the new secret floor is hilarious.

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

No, no, I mean I have the paradox and I killed the Lich with them, played one round as the gunslinger, but when I returned to the breach there was no sign of them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Billy Gnosis
May 18, 2006

Now is the time for us to gather together and celebrate those things that we like and think are fun.

quidditch it and quit it posted:

Pretty sure it’s bugged on the PS4 as I can’t access the Pilot’s past (I’ve tried three times now) without crashing if I have stood on the paradox stuff.

Apparently it's bugged period, since it's crashed twice for me on just getting to the pilots past (its the only regular character past I haven't done yet. Yes I have owned the game since launch, I'm just that bad at it)