Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Nenonen)
What should the presidential powers be in 2020?
This poll is closed.
UNLIMITED!!!! URKKI 2.0!!!!!! 3 23.08%
Sauli should be allowed to telecast to our homes whenever he pleases, but that should be the limit. 2 15.38%
He should be limited to writing mildly worded letters to HBL and other provincial newspapers. 2 15.38%
None. More power to Sanna & Katri & Maria & Li & Anna-Maja & Jenni! 2 15.38%
Unlimited, but every decision must be subject to a plebiscite. 0 0%
None, but the president's life must be video streamed 24 /7 for the duration of their term, with no censorship. 4 30.77%
Total: 13 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Nurge
Feb 4, 2009

by Reene
Fun Shoe
The funny thing is the greens used to be the ituhippi party and everyone laughed at them for decades. Now they're a real party and what do you know, they're just the same as every other centrist shitparty sucking up to the corporate teat. You just can't loving win.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

endlessmonotony
Nov 4, 2009

by Fritz the Horse

Andrast posted:

I'm not really up to date with the topsoil thing. Can you elaborate?

Goddamnit I missed the funny answer.

The problem with the vegans is their math doesn't have enough bullshit!

No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

This inkling is your FRIEND
She fights for LOVE

Nurge posted:

The funny thing is the greens used to be the ituhippi party and everyone laughed at them for decades. Now they're a real party and what do you know, they're just the same as every other centrist shitparty sucking up to the corporate teat. You just can't loving win.

This is what apparently happens to every movement filled with bourgies. Kids can be idealistic as poo poo but when faced with the fact of being either economically stable to being a piss-poor radical, most of them become their parents. I mean Björn Wahlroos was a loving taistolainen for Marx's sake, but eventually his capitalist banker blood pulled him back to the fold.

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Mulla on aina kolkyt donaa taskussa

Kemper Boyd posted:

edit: in addition, i was once drinking bubbly outside the Small Parliament and Antero Vartia walked by me and gave me diarrhea with his wax figure like presence.

Panitko merkille että käyttikö hän polun oikeata vai vasenta laitaa??

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h8OLsf_Z3rI

Siivola
Dec 23, 2012

uncop posted:

Taking think tank proposals at face value as neutral expert opinion is a mistake in any case.
"Think tank" is neolib for "lobbyist wank circle" anyway so no surprises there.

doverhog
May 31, 2013

Defender of democracy and human rights 🇺🇦

uncop posted:

Taking think tank proposals at face value as neutral expert opinion is a mistake in any case. There is always a political game going on, what is being put forward is rarely the actual goal. Sometimes radical proposals that are obviously never going to happen in the current political atmosphere are put forward just to get attention and steer debate. Sometimes superficially fair and sensible policy is put forward with the aim of getting the ball rolling, knowing that its real implementation would eventually have to lead to what is really desired.

First, opposition debating against the proposal on its superficial aspects humiliate themselves in public, unable to propose a more reasonable-sounding reform of their own, and onlookers are invited to view them as kalkkeuuneet jarrumiehet, which is a victory on its own. If lucky and the proposal later becomes actual policy, in this case the kannustinloukku would put downward pressure on salaries of more precarious positions that require higher education (hard to avoid with many degrees and exacerbated by gender and so on) as well as massively enlarge the gravy train of state-guaranteed credit opportunities for banks. Then, once the issues become intolerable, solving them opens up an opportunity to start a new political game to evolve the system into an even more socially skewed situation, just like how issues in the sote sector have been used as a blatant trojan horse.

I read this a few times and it's just word salad, if you really want I can answer with line by line breakdown but really it's better just to say, what?

doverhog fucked around with this message at 03:17 on Apr 8, 2019

Rappaport
Oct 2, 2013

No niin, äänestetty on, teetä ja pullaa! :yum:

throw to first DAMN IT
Apr 10, 2007
This whole thread has been raging at the people who don't want Saracen invasion to their homes

Perhaps you too should be more accepting of their cultures
https://www.iltalehti.fi/ruoka-artikkelit/a/1e2ca423-7f9f-41af-bfb4-d73a179fa077
kansa barrikadeille ny

HerraS
Apr 15, 2012

Looking professional when committing genocide is essential. This is mostly achieved by using a beret.

Olive drab colour ensures the genocider will remain hidden from his prey until it's too late for them to do anything.

kuolema mäkkärille, tukekaa paikallisia hampurilaiskiskoja ketjupaskan sijaan

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Hesburger on paikallinen.

Herman Merman
Jul 6, 2008
this is the brain genius who owns hesburger

Triple A
Jul 14, 2010

Your sword, sahib.

HerraS posted:

kuolema mäkkärille, tukekaa paikallisia nakkikioskeja ketjupaskan sijaan

korjattu

Nurge
Feb 4, 2009

by Reene
Fun Shoe
https://yle.fi/aihe/artikkeli/2007/03/28/velipuolikuu-ala-porvariksi

Scanburger on ainoa kohtuullinen hampurilaisketju suomessa.

Ruflux
Jun 16, 2012

Itse tuen heseä koska ainoa paikka mikä pommittaa mua alennuskupongeilla joten jos ei huvitakaan kokata joku randomipäivä niin sama käydä kauppareissulla syömässä suhteellisesti halvinta mitä löytyy

Missäs muuten hesburgerin jatkuvista hinnankorotuksista nouseva älämölö viipyy häh, kerrosateriakin jo 50 senttiä kalliimpi kuin 2017

e: Bosnialainen sitten krapulamättönä tietenkin, muuten kokkailen itse tai joskus käyn yliopistolta mautonta paskaa hintaan 2,60e ateria

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

sic transit euron juusto, Aura-juusto 4ever

El Perkele
Nov 7, 2002

I HAVE SHIT OPINIONS ON STAR WARS MOVIES!!!

I can't even call the right one bad.

Jerry Cotton posted:

The Greens have zero good policies that other parties don't also have, without their lovely poo poo policies.

yeah because those things just magically materialized into other parties' political programs, poo poo like greens being a growing party from 1983 to 2007 had nothing to do with the fact that poo poo like climate change started to appear in other major parties' programs around 2008 or so (Left Alliance and Greens were the only parties to even mention the thing back in late 1990s)

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

El Perkele posted:

yeah because those things just magically materialized into other parties' political programs, poo poo like greens being a growing party from 1983 to 2007 had nothing to do with the fact that poo poo like climate change started to appear in other major parties' programs around 2008 or so (Left Alliance and Greens were the only parties to even mention the thing back in late 1990s)

I have literally zero interest in what a party was when choosing who to vote for.

No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

She fights for LOVE
Hese and Burger King are decent enough for a quick bite, but if I want to enjoy a burger, I'd go to someplace like Friends & Brgrs that serves actual hamburgers.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Never had a non-fast-food burger that wasn't 100% disappointing.

El Perkele
Nov 7, 2002

I HAVE SHIT OPINIONS ON STAR WARS MOVIES!!!

I can't even call the right one bad.

Jerry Cotton posted:

I have literally zero interest in what a party was when choosing who to vote for.

what a party was and what it has historically achieved is p. important when assessing what they are trying to accomplish in longer term

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

El Perkele posted:

what a party was and what it has historically achieved is p. important when assessing what they are trying to accomplish in longer term

Counterpoint: no, it isn't.

Nurge
Feb 4, 2009

by Reene
Fun Shoe

Jerry Cotton posted:

This is some weird as poo poo stuff. If you live in the pääkaupunkiseutu go to Manala and eat one of their burgs. It's loving amazing. There are a thousand other places to get good burgers all over the place too, but those are one of the best.

Nurge fucked around with this message at 16:00 on Apr 8, 2019

Ornedan
Nov 4, 2009

Cybernetic Crumb

doverhog posted:

Pitäiskö susta ne rahat käyttää rikkaiden perijäkakaroiden lukukausimaksuihin vai Kontulalaisten vanhusten tukemiseen?

Liitynpä koiraläjään. There's a false dichotomy here that we are forced to choose between these options rather than just have both and raise taxes instead. Or restore funding to the anti-tax-dodging department. Or if we have to cut, cut from things other than social services budget.

doverhog posted:

How can you tell???

"Samalla opintolainan enimmäismäärää tulisi korottaa siten, että koko omavastuuosuus olisi mahdollista kattaa lainalla. Lainan takaisinmaksu tulisi sitoa opiskelijan tutkinnon jälkeisiin tuloihin siten, että takaisinmaksu alkaa vasta, kun valmistuneen maisterin tulotaso on noussut vaikkapa keskimääräisen tulotason yläpuolelle. Jos tulotaso ei nouse tuolle tasolle, ei lainaakaan tarvitsisi maksaa takaisin. Näin opiskelijalle ei muodostuisi rahoitusongelmaa opintojensa aikana eikä riskiä takaisinmaksuvaiheessa. Lisäksi pienituloisista perheistä tuleville opiskelijoille voitaisiin myöntää vapautus omavastuuosuudesta."

Is there something wrong with this?

Yes, there is. First up is the paradox of means-testing, which is that the bureaucracy to execute those rules is not free and has in some cases ended up costing more than the aid cuts "saved".

Second, there's going to be people in edge case life situations your sääntöhimmeli handles poorly. Maybe you can complicate it sufficiently that there won't be many of those people, but then see first point but with even more admin costs.

Third, a tuition fee scheme, and especially a loan-financed one, means cost of failure is high. Turns out university is not for you? Get hosed. Picked a subject that turns out is not your thing? Grind it out anyway, or dig yourself into an even deeper financial hole if you change subjects.

For a thing named after freedom Libera sure likes putting economic shackles on people.

Darkest Auer
Dec 30, 2006

They're silly

Ramrod XTreme

Jerry Cotton posted:

:same:

doverhog
May 31, 2013

Ornedan posted:

Liitynpä koiraläjään.

Älä huoli, minun egoni kyllä kestää pienen koiralauman leikit. :11tea:

En ole enää kaljapäissäni niin en jaksaa alkaa vastaamaan sen enempää nyt, ehkä myöhemmin illalla...

not a bot
Jan 9, 2019

doverhog posted:

Älä huoli, minun egoni kyllä kestää pienen koiralauman leikit. :11tea:

En ole enää kaljapäissäni niin en jaksaa alkaa vastaamaan sen enempää nyt, ehkä myöhemmin illalla...

Vaalit vajaan viikon päästä ja olet selvinpäin. Mitä ihmettä

Nurge
Feb 4, 2009

by Reene
Fun Shoe
I told my candidate good luck in the election and she immediately went and stalked my post history liking a bunch of year old posts. I wonder if this is a dealbreaker. Are we married now? Help.

e: At facebook, not SA. Need to clarify this.

No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

She fights for LOVE
Don't drink and vote, people.

YLE posted:

Neuvotteleva virkamies Heini Huotarinen oikeusministeriöstä sanoo, että humalatila ei kategorisesti estä äänestämistä. Vaalivirkailija voi kuitenkin kieltää äänestämisen humalatilan takia.

– Äänestäminen on oikeudellisesti ihan merkityksellinen toimi. Siksi vaalivirkailijan täytyy varmistua, että äänestäjä ymmärtää mistä on kyse, Huotarinen toteaa.

Nurge
Feb 4, 2009

by Reene
Fun Shoe

No. 1 Callie Fan posted:

Don't drink and vote, people.

As long as you can still draw in a kirkkovene and/or puke in the ballot slit you're fine.

doverhog
May 31, 2013

Mulla on kalju ja musta parta ja olen varma että kirjaston vaalitädit katto mua syyllistävästi, kun luulivat mun äänestävän persuja tai junes lokkaa, olispa ne tädit tienneet vielä synkemmän totuuden: äänestin puisto-hitleriä. :catdrugs:

Nurge
Feb 4, 2009

by Reene
Fun Shoe

doverhog posted:

Mulla on kalju ja musta parta ja olen varma että kirjaston vaalitädit katto mua syyllistävästi, kun luulivat mun äänestävän persuja tai junes lokkaa, olispa ne tädit tienneet vielä synkemmän totuuden: äänestin puisto-hitleriä. :catdrugs:

Oisit vaan sanonu että De Wittuako tuijotatte.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Nurge posted:

Oisit vaan sanonu että De Wittuako tuijotatte.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Reminds me of the fact that Ligur always thought he was a reasonable human bean despite being sub-human I.e. a nazi-enabler.

doverhog
May 31, 2013

Mun onneksi pystyn äänestämään vihreitä ilman että Jerry Cotton antaa siihen ennen tai jälkeen luvan. :monar:

Kemper Boyd
Aug 6, 2007

no kings, no gods, no masters but a comfy chair and no socks

Jerry Cotton posted:

Reminds me of the fact that Ligur always thought he was a reasonable human bean despite being sub-human I.e. a nazi-enabler.

Beans have more value than Ligur even did tho.

I watched this and once again thought about what sort of a hosed up mutant you have to be to be a fan of Jussi Halla-aho.

https://www.iltalehti.fi/eduskuntavaalit-2019/a/ba2b7337-016d-4a72-8fd6-c6c83766ac97

Sulphagnist
Oct 10, 2006

WARNING! INTRUDERS DETECTED

Perskeko government stomping on a human face forever

Herman Merman
Jul 6, 2008

Nurge posted:

I told my candidate good luck in the election and she immediately went and stalked my post history liking a bunch of year old posts.

lol if you haven't cranked all the hidden privacy sliders to 11

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Markus Kuotesaho better win now

His Divine Shadow
Aug 7, 2000

I'm not a fascist. I'm a priest. Fascists dress up in black and tell people what to do.

Sulphagnist posted:

Perskeko government stomping on a human face forever

The kids aren't alright.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

throw to first DAMN IT
Apr 10, 2007
This whole thread has been raging at the people who don't want Saracen invasion to their homes

Perhaps you too should be more accepting of their cultures

No. 1 Callie Fan posted:

äänestäjä ymmärtää mistä on kyse

No ei sinne sit montaa hemmoa pääse ääntään antaa