Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

You wore that on Halloween?

CrcleSqreSanchz posted:

Luvin the fact since they took power:

Lost my tuition rebate which was going to pay off the last bit of my debt

Have to pay more for the bus because they just decided they didn't want to anymore

Watched as my field was cut down by the government telling the WRHA to cut their budget.

Watched as my own place of work was cut down by the above.

Currently watching the unions fight themselves for the honor of being the one union the government laughs at, ignores so the union can shrug and go "eh whattya gunna do?"

Like even/if we get rid of Pallister there is no way in hell they are going to rebuild the gutted healthcare industry. This is just our future now.

But hey now I get to save literal cents on purchases! WOW

itll get fixed somehow, hallway medicine got fixed somehow. we need massive capital improvements to every hospital in the province

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

DariusLikewise posted:

itll get fixed somehow, hallway medicine got fixed somehow. we need massive capital improvements to every hospital in the province

but what if we spent that money on more pipelines for alberta's lovely sandoil that nobody wants instead

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

DariusLikewise posted:

the Red Deer hospital has been begging for an expansion for years now, but we got government funds to build a new $90m courthouse because traffic court had to be moved to a local hotel.

There's so loving much wrong with that, it hurts.

I've spent 3 days in the Red Deer emergency room waiting for a bed, but was lucky enough to have a doctor with the forethought to classify me as a c-diff risk which got me a room with bed and a toilet.

Powershift has issued a correction as of 06:33 on Mar 30, 2019

CrcleSqreSanchz
Aug 21, 2002

I'm feeling something new...something...I'm happy??!!

autism ZX spectrum posted:

Honestly can't get enough of this ad right now

My friend got their house key cut for me so I can let their dogs out while his wife works 16 hour shifts back to back at a hospital that's going to close in a few weeks and just lol forever at this ad.

I saw those tweets being passed around fbook and made a mental note to check it out later because I thought there is no way that could be loving real. No way they could be either that tone deaf or petty....

...why am I surprised.

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011
https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/british-columbia/women-bc-legislature-cover-bare-arms-1.5075785

lmao yall quebec isnt the only province trying to police what women can wear in public service

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

The sanctioned action is to CHUG

Powershift posted:

the Red Deer hospital has been begging for an expansion for years now, but we got government funds to build a new $90m courthouse because traffic court had to be moved to a local hotel.

There's so loving much wrong with that, it hurts.

I've spent 3 days in the Red Deer emergency room waiting for a bed, but was lucky enough to have a doctor with the forethought to classify me as a c-diff risk which got me a room with bed and a toilet.

Good news citizen! Jason Kenny will take your hospital funds and plow it into setting up a brand new police force! Sleep well.

Fashionable Jorts
Jan 18, 2010

Maybe if I'm busy it could keep me from you

Bilirubin posted:

Good news citizen! Jason Kenny will take your hospital funds and plow it into setting up a brand new police force! Sleep well.

Hey now, someone has to be there to crack the skulls of teachers and gay kids when he bans GSAs

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

vyelkin posted:

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/british-columbia/women-bc-legislature-cover-bare-arms-1.5075785

lmao yall quebec isnt the only province trying to police what women can wear in public service
:qq:
Boo hoo I can't wear my clubbing outfit to work at the provincial legislature

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.
Pro-tier AV/post combo

Hand Knit
Oct 24, 2005

Beer Loses more than a game Sunday ...
We lost our Captain, our Teammate, our Friend Kelly Calabro...
Rest in Peace my friend you will be greatly missed..
So I started reading Clearing the Plains today. I'm looking for particular information, so I'm kinda reading most of it quickly, but I found a cool fact that I think meaningfully recontextualizes the relationship between Indigenous Peoples and early fur traders: Most of the early fur trade, the Europeans were taking on what was basically second-hand clothing. They wanted the soft underfur of the beaver pelts, but lacked the technology to easily remove the harder, protective longer fur. This meant that the Europeans mostly bought fur clothing that had been worn for several years, long enough for the protective longer fur to have worn off.

punished milkman
Dec 5, 2018

would have won

Rutibex posted:

:qq:
Boo hoo I can't wear my clubbing outfit to work at the provincial legislature

Look at this dumb motherfucker

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

The sanctioned action is to CHUG

Hand Knit posted:

So I started reading Clearing the Plains today. I'm looking for particular information, so I'm kinda reading most of it quickly, but I found a cool fact that I think meaningfully recontextualizes the relationship between Indigenous Peoples and early fur traders: Most of the early fur trade, the Europeans were taking on what was basically second-hand clothing. They wanted the soft underfur of the beaver pelts, but lacked the technology to easily remove the harder, protective longer fur. This meant that the Europeans mostly bought fur clothing that had been worn for several years, long enough for the protective longer fur to have worn off.

Thank you, added to my list to read

smoke sumthin bitch
Dec 14, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
i like what dorion and qs is doing regarding the laicite poo poo and i wish they would defend our individuals rights more often

drjuggalo
Jul 26, 2014
i hosed up and posted in D&D like a moron but the UCP tricked my mom into putting con lawn signs on our lawn and i ripped them out and had to explain to her how shes the ultimate enemy of the UCP as a black muslim woman. im drat near positive the cons are winning here as much as it hurts my soul

i live in calgary :maga:

jsoh
Mar 24, 2007

O Muhammad, I seek your intercession with my Lord for the return of my eyesight
lol at the caucus expulsions. wish there was a good party in canadian politics to replace all these bad ones

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

rumour is that our friend and premier brian pally will call an early manitoba election today

Apples McGrind
Oct 13, 2013

violent sex idiot posted:

lol at the caucus expulsions. wish there was a good party in canadian politics to replace all these bad ones

it’s amazing how all the parties are so bad that the Greens are almost up to 10% in the polls.

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

DariusLikewise posted:

rumour is that our friend and premier brian pally will call an early manitoba election today

Were doomed.

Fashionable Jorts
Jan 18, 2010

drjuggalo posted:

i hosed up and posted in D&D like a moron but the UCP tricked my mom into putting con lawn signs on our lawn and i ripped them out and had to explain to her how shes the ultimate enemy of the UCP as a black muslim woman. im drat near positive the cons are winning here as much as it hurts my soul

i live in calgary :maga:

I know signs don't really have much to do with voting, but I am happy to see a lot of Alberta Party signs instead of UCP everywhere. And I don't mean in a "split the conservative vote" sort of way, I mean in a "if the NDP loses I would much rather have the AP in power than the UCP" sort of way.

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

well the big news from pallister today is that the government is launching a court challenge to the carbon tax. polling is showing the pcs losing a ton of ground in winnipeg right now so not all hope is lost

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

DariusLikewise posted:

well the big news from pallister today is that the government is launching a court challenge to the carbon tax. polling is showing the pcs losing a ton of ground in winnipeg right now so not all hope is lost

Losing ground to who? I've seen almost nothing from either of the opposition parties for like a year :mad:

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

Every random I talk to at work dosent like pallister but come election day who knows

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

CommonShore posted:

Losing ground to who? I've seen almost nothing from either of the opposition parties for like a year :mad:

Follow Wab - he posts videos all the time calling things out.

Liberals may as well not exist in Manitoba.

Jehde
Apr 21, 2010

https://senate-gro.ca/news/schedule-11-bills/

But at least the party trying to do this wasn't once associated with Stephen Harper, so it's actually fine.

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

CommonShore posted:

Vintersorg posted:

Follow Wab - he posts videos all the time calling things out.

Liberals may as well not exist in Manitoba.

wabs been really good lately, hes constantly shoving everything back at the pcs and delaying the worst of their bills to get them into the news. the ndp is actually leading the PCs in Winnipeg 36-32 which would probably mean a minority government for one or the other if an election was held today

Ansar Santa
Jul 12, 2012

I'm seeing a lot of NDP lawn signs, so that's hopeful. But then again I'm in Edmonton, not Calgary.

Fashionable Jorts
Jan 18, 2010

A Russian troll farm posted:

I'm seeing a lot of NDP lawn signs, so that's hopeful. But then again I'm in Edmonton, not Calgary.

Yeah it's going to come down to whoever wins Calgary wins the election. Edmonton is orange, rural is blue.

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

I like Wab and I plan to vote for him and my local candidate but I see nothing of him on any news coverage :(

I'll go follow him.

neongrey
Feb 28, 2007

Plaguing your posts with incidental music.

CommonShore posted:

I like Wab and I plan to vote for him and my local candidate but I see nothing of him on any news coverage :(

I'll go follow him.

yeah i'll go give him a follow, I don't see a lot of news.

i live downtown so i feel secure voting communist, so

DynamicSloth
Jul 30, 2006

"Man is least himself when he talks in his own person. Give him a mask, and he will tell you the truth."

DariusLikewise posted:

When was the last time an early election call went well for the dipshit who called it? Because I can think of a bunch of recent examples where it went terribly wrong.

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Lol at suing the head of the opposition for defamation. That's a really pathetic look.

DynamicSloth
Jul 30, 2006

"Man is least himself when he talks in his own person. Give him a mask, and he will tell you the truth."

Rutibex posted:

Lol at suing the head of the opposition for defamation. That's a really pathetic look.

The point isn't to win a defamation suit, it's to bring Scheer into the scandal. That doofus is so starved for attention he was happy to play right into it.

PhilippAchtel
May 31, 2011

DynamicSloth posted:

The point isn't to win a defamation suit, it's to bring Scheer into the scandal. That doofus is so starved for attention he was happy to play right into it.

This may be news to you, but this is not making Andrew Scheer look bad.

Hand Knit
Oct 24, 2005

Rutibex posted:

Worked for Harper. Though I suppose putting Ignatieff in line didn't really take strategic genius.

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.
i can't imagine what it would take to make andrew scheer look bad. the guy has been rolling around in poo poo for years, anyone who still likes him isn't about to change their mind short of a dead girl/live boy situation

Hand Knit
Oct 24, 2005

infernal machines posted:

i can't imagine what it would take to make andrew scheer look bad. the guy has been rolling around in poo poo for years, anyone who still likes him isn't about to change their mind short of a dead girl/live boy situation

I imagine with respect to the die hards it's not about changing their minds, but just discouraging them. Making them less likely to vote. And I guess there may exist some number of people who would be more likely to vote for Scheer if they perceived him as quiet, screwed down, and generally competent.

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

PhilippAchtel posted:

DynamicSloth
Jul 30, 2006

PhilippAchtel posted:

Yes but the Liberal messaging right now is mostly "What do you want, Scheer to be Prime Minister?" it's not an accident that they want him more involved in the story.

This is an all Liberal scandal, there's no need for him to pipe up and extra seriously demand Trudeau resign some more.

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

Andrew Scheer: He's just not ready :downs:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tinestram
Jan 13, 2006

Excalibur? More like "Needle"

Grimey Drawer

I was considering moving to Ontario but this poo poo is seriously giving me second thoughts.

Just loving imagine living in New Brunswick and thinking "maybe Ontario isn't the right place for me."