Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747
Enter the Gungeon's Ammoconda is still the worst part of the game and literally nothing has changed that since launch.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

exquisite tea posted:

I like to imagine there's a team of increasingly exasperated surgeons working to stitch all the kombatants back together in between rounds. *gurney rolls in* So you're saying this one had their face melted by acid, then exploded, then atomized by a space laser? I don't get paid enough for this poo poo.
Somehow this idea seems extremely familiar. Wasn't there a series of Street Fighter, or even actual MK, skits along those lines?

e: I wasn't wrong! It was for MKX, even: http://www.ckswanson.com/beyond-kombat (possibly :nws: for body parts)

They really should take that idea all the way and make one of the new characters the doctor after she finally snaps.

My Lovely Horse has a new favorite as of 07:27 on Apr 8, 2019

im pooping!
Nov 17, 2006

Captain Hygiene posted:

I'm getting there on the rich part, I just feel like the game is pretty tightlipped about buying more space. Like, I only randomly found how to buy inventory space for my suit, and I still have no idea how to upgrade my ship storage space after a few days in the game.

unless ive been playing the game wrong since launch, which is definitely possible, im quite convinced you can not upgrade ship storage as it is an inherent stat in the ship's class, and a dedicated hauler with the max inventory slots costs like 130 million credits

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

Captain Hygiene posted:

I'm getting there on the rich part, I just feel like the game is pretty tightlipped about buying more space. Like, I only randomly found how to buy inventory space for my suit, and I still have no idea how to upgrade my ship storage space after a few days in the game.

You can straight up buy another suit inventory slot at every new station for a fairly low price (that doesn't scale up the enough to compete with your money making abilities) and your suit can have a ton of slots. More storage on your ship only comes from better (or just different) ships.

If you want to get a new ship for cheap just trade one of the broken ones you find from time to time, the ai traders don't care if you haven't repaired it and still give you a big discount.

SiKboy
Oct 28, 2007

Oh no!😱

spit on my clit posted:

Enter the Gungeon's Ammoconda is still the worst part of the game and literally nothing has changed that since launch.

Wanna preface this by saying I'm far from an expert at Enter the Gungeon. I've played it a bunch, killed the pasts of 3 out the 4 starting characters, but cant guarantee any given run will make it past The Hollow. Having said that, I feel like each level has one boss that is significantly harder than the rest of the bosses of that level. Level 1 Gatling Gull is way harder than the other two possible bosses, depending on which boss room it decides you should fight him in. Level 2, yeah, its definitely Ammoconda, Level 3... Its hard to say which is harder, but Treadnaught is way way easier than either of the other two. Level 4, gently caress Wallmonger forever. Unless I have picked up an immunity to fire item along the way I end up face tanking a bunch of hits I just cant avoid. None of them are a run ender necessarily, but if I get to the end of level 1 and see Gatling Gull I know there is very little chance I'm getting the master round for that floor unless I got some great items right off the bat.

And while I'm here, I do love the game, it's got much much better with the free updates, negating most of my complaints about the game near launch (they've very much loosened the slots on you getting keys and ammo, meaning that you have much more opportunity to obtain and use the interesting guns for example). But one thing that I still think is kind of rear end-backwards; The Master Round for a floor (which gives you an extra heart container) is awarded for beating that floors boss without getting hit. It just seems backwards to me that the reward for not losing any health is more health.

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747

SiKboy posted:

But one thing that I still think is kind of rear end-backwards; The Master Round for a floor (which gives you an extra heart container) is awarded for beating that floors boss without getting hit. It just seems backwards to me that the reward for not losing any health is more health.

The point of the master round is more to show that you've gotten so good at beating the bosses of the floor that you can do it without getting hit - more of a reward for people who can breeze through the fight without a problem. You can get one from the dragun, too.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

im pooping! posted:

unless ive been playing the game wrong since launch, which is definitely possible, im quite convinced you can not upgrade ship storage as it is an inherent stat in the ship's class, and a dedicated hauler with the max inventory slots costs like 130 million credits

LIVE AMMO ROLEPLAY posted:

You can straight up buy another suit inventory slot at every new station for a fairly low price (that doesn't scale up the enough to compete with your money making abilities) and your suit can have a ton of slots. More storage on your ship only comes from better (or just different) ships.

If you want to get a new ship for cheap just trade one of the broken ones you find from time to time, the ai traders don't care if you haven't repaired it and still give you a big discount.

Ok thanks, I've been upgrading my suit aggravating slowly but I never bothered to switch ships because I 100% assumed that upgrading it would come up somewhere along the way. Although I guess it matters a bit less after the game just tells you, hey, have a freighter, you're in the shipping business too now.

SiKboy
Oct 28, 2007

Oh no!😱

spit on my clit posted:

The point of the master round is more to show that you've gotten so good at beating the bosses of the floor that you can do it without getting hit - more of a reward for people who can breeze through the fight without a problem. You can get one from the dragun, too.

I get that, but when I was starting out almost none of the "give extra hearts" items were unlocked (as you have to unlock them in the in-game stores, which arent even open until you get far enough to rescue the shopkeepers). It was really frustrating to get hit once in a boss fight, and miss out on the only source of extra life that was unlocked, then die on the next floor too quickly to learn the new bosses patterns because I didnt have enough life. I was coming to Gungeon from Binding of Isaac, and in Isaac beating a boss without getting hit gives you (an improved chance to spawn) a devil deal opportunity where you can REDUCE your life in return for various items. So a flat out "You clowned the boss, have an extra safety net!" seemed then (and still does) rear end backwards.

Much less of an issue now I've unlocked everything the various shopkeepers sell, so there are a half dozen "+1 heart" items in the pool, but still I feel like new/starting/flat out bad players need a hand at the start, and an extra heart container gives them more time to learn enemy attack patterns and whatnot before it kills them, making them better faster. Also I eventually got better at the game, enough that I've got most of the elevators unlocked (Still need to give the tinker 6 keys and 300 money, which is frankly a big loving ask. I'm hoping that I can do this in Rainbow mode because keys and shops are practically useless in that mode...) so I still go all out to get master rounds early because I'm never going to need as much life as possible to beat the dragun. As an aside, I only got the level IV master round for the first time this week, I suspect because the newest patch raised the damage cap on bosses allowing me to vapourise the High Priest with whatever overpowered combination I was rocking. (Glass Cannon, a bunch of other high damage, low fire rate guns and the ring that adds 2% of every carried guns damage to your currently active weapon I believe).

For me Gungeon v1.0 was kind of rough (I believe I have a post bitching about it in this very thread), but every patch/piece of free DLC content has made it unequivocally better. Supply Drop took it to where it kind of should have been from the start balance wise, and the others just added extra fun. But this is the dragging things down thread, so some things still dragging it down;

As mentioned, gently caress Ammoconda and Wallmonger in particular.

I love all the interactions they have added between various weapons, but loving hell it would be nice if they gave you some kind of in-game hint as to what the gently caress they are doing...

Similarly, some of the patches have changed items (generally for the better) but the item descriptions havent changed. So the blast helmet, for example, still has an in-game description which tells you it reduces the damage radius of enemy explosions (which it does still do, but is a frankly underwhelming ability). It doesnt mention that is also now prevents contact damage from enemies and triples the damage you do by dodge rolling). I mean, still objectively superior to Isaacs system of "brief sentence on pick up which may or may not give you a clue as to what the item you picked up does", but....

The convict is easily the worst character. The sawn-off is good at point blank range but not much further, her passive ability gives a short lived damage boost on taking damage (but ideally you are trying to avoid taking damage...) and her active is the molotov cocktail which is okay, but only okay. And is also common as poo poo. only good thing about her is her basic pistol has a ridiculous fire rate, but it compensate by having a tiny ammo capacity and th accuracy is for poo poo. Yes, the convict is the last remaining starting character that I havent completed the game with, how did you know?

Randalor
Sep 4, 2011

I recently got back into Risk of Rain, it's still a great game that, when I die, I'll just shrug and give it another go, at worst being a little miffed that I died on a run where I had a fun combination of upgrades going.

Except for the Magma Worm. gently caress that loving gently caress back to the loving hell it originated from.

So in Risk of Rain, each "stage" is randomly chosen from two different levels for each stage. Each level pulls a boss from a list of 3 when you activate the teleporter to go to the next stage. The Magma worm can show up as a boss on each level for the first... 3? stages, it's a long worm comprised of 20 different parts who dives underground for about 5 seconds, dives straight up out of the ground (you're told where he's coming up), and then dives at you, with enough tracking that at the base speed for most characters, he will hit you.

It's just an infuriating fight against an enemy who spends half of the fight off the map or high enough out of the ground that you may not be able to hit him before he dives again, and who has only slightly less HP than the bosses who stay on the screen constantly.

JackSplater
Nov 20, 2014

Metal Coat? It's already active?!

Randalor posted:

Magma Worm stuff

Magma worm was definitely one of the harder bosses in RoR, although honestly I never had a huge issue with him. Anything with multihit (ukelele, gasoline, willowisp) hurts him a ton because of his segments, and you really should Always Be Moving.

Risk of Rain 2 magma worm, on the other hand, is the worst. Yeah he's multi-segmented, but attacks won't arc to other segments, and I honestly can't tell if splash damage hits multiple (pretty sure it doesn't).

Risk of rain 2 in general:
Bosses. They all have some sort of bullshit that's a pain to deal with.
Imp - Teleports on top of you, multi-hit melee attack that does a ton of damage very quickly.
Vagrant - Giant area of effect nuke, does a ridiculous amount of damage unless you dodge/block it.
Worm - See above.
Golem - Has a (poorly telegraphed) punch attack that can hit anywhere on the map and knock you into the air. Has a laser attack that cannot be dodged, only blocked by line of sight (or engineer's shield). These two combo together a lot.
Beetle - Honestly probably the only one that isn't terrible. Acid attacks hurt, but they mostly damage you through pools of acid you can just walk off of.
Dunestrider - Oh man. Multiple explosive attacks, some homing, all fast. Can vacuum anything near him when at low health, pulling them towards him and healing him based on the damage it deals. If this hits you you have to hold backwards away from it or you're screwed. Did I mention it drains enemies too, so he heals more and so that you can't get your on-death procs off of them?

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

If the game treats you well and you have ridiculous move speed you can outrun the golem lasers. But that thing is bullshit accurate and speedy.

Although my least favorite enemy is the simple wisp.

I've been rolling engineer whose main gun is a grenade launcher. I'm really loving bad at hitting tiny flying targets with it. They however have hitscan lasers that just pew pew until you die

JackSplater
Nov 20, 2014

Metal Coat? It's already active?!
Can you? Huh. Must have to be an absurdly high number, because I couldn't on the run where I completed the +300% movespeed challenge.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

JackSplater posted:

Can you? Huh. Must have to be an absurdly high number, because I couldn't on the run where I completed the +300% movespeed challenge.

I was doing it last night

Zanzibar Ham
Mar 17, 2009

You giving me the cold shoulder? How cruel.

Grimey Drawer
This is years late of course, but finally getting into Shadow of Mordor, and... I'm willing to admit I might be imagining it, but I swear sometimes Talion just decides to move like molasses when I try to have him start going anywhere. Whether it's hanging from a wall or on the ground, he just gets sorta leashed to a spot and I have to wrench him out of it by force before he'll go to full speed. Now fair, that hasn't killed me yet (what did kill me was being an idiot and trying to take on a Graug head-on... twice), but it's annoying.

Also, the QTEs that have you move a prompt to a spot, the prompt moves annoyingly slow. Again, hasn't ruined anything for me yet, but still, it's kind of annoying. In general moving the pointer in menus is just slow enough to make me ask 'why is this so slow?'

e: apparently the cursor's menu/QTE speed is tied to aiming sensitivity, which is very dumb if true! I'll try it out later to see if that's really how it works, and if so see if I can find a good balance between cursor/prompt speed and aiming accuracy

Zanzibar Ham has a new favorite as of 22:28 on Apr 8, 2019

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747

SiKboy posted:

The convict is easily the worst character. The sawn-off is good at point blank range but not much further, her passive ability gives a short lived damage boost on taking damage (but ideally you are trying to avoid taking damage...) and her active is the molotov cocktail which is okay, but only okay. And is also common as poo poo. only good thing about her is her basic pistol has a ridiculous fire rate, but it compensate by having a tiny ammo capacity and th accuracy is for poo poo. Yes, the convict is the last remaining starting character that I havent completed the game with, how did you know?

For me, it was the Pilot, who starts off with the worst active item in the game, the worst starting gun in the game, and two nearly useless passive abilities. Your reward for winning with him is the ability to find his lovely active item instead of something more useful like the Drill or literally anything else from a wood chest. The convict is just about as bad, her only saving grace being her molotov cocktail. Marine is clearly the best of the starting characters

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

Another No Man's Sky complaint, although it kinda made me laugh not in a good way. I hit a point in the main (?) quest where I need to really to a robot, but his personality core (or something) needs to reboot. The game handles this by giving you a countdown timer and telling you to come back in ~90 minutes.

I mean, the devs constructed an unimaginably vast galaxy that's comprised almost exclusively of busywork, and a main quest point is "eh, just...go do something else for a while"? :confused:

Icochet
Mar 18, 2008

I have a very small TV. Don't make fun of it! Please don't shame it like that~

Grimey Drawer
I sometimes get headaches playing Subnautica. First I thought something about the graphics was loving with my eyes but then I noticed that I tend to hold my breath when the oxygen meter is low.

Aleph Null
Jun 10, 2008

You look very stressed
Tortured By Flan

Icochet posted:

I sometimes get headaches playing Subnautica. First I thought something about the graphics was loving with my eyes but then I noticed that I tend to hold my breath when the oxygen meter is low.

That's immersion!

Screaming Idiot
Nov 26, 2007

JUST POSTING WHILE JERKIN' MY GHERKIN SITTIN' IN A PERKINS!

BEATS SELLING MERKINS.
Every game that has a drowning/suffocation feature needs to implement the Sonic drowning music.

Crowetron
Apr 29, 2009

I'm really enjoying Hollow Knight, but the fact that a basic map functionality requires an item that takes up an equipment slot in a game where there's tons of cool options for those slots is a real bummer.

Also, the Dark Souls-style mechanic of dropping your cash when you die and needing to go pick it up feels kinda of out of place. It's never a big problem, and your bloodstain equivalent being a ghost you have to fight to get your stuff back is kind of cool, but somehow it always just feels like busy work.

SiKboy
Oct 28, 2007

Oh no!😱

spit on my clit posted:

For me, it was the Pilot, who starts off with the worst active item in the game, the worst starting gun in the game, and two nearly useless passive abilities. Your reward for winning with him is the ability to find his lovely active item instead of something more useful like the Drill or literally anything else from a wood chest. The convict is just about as bad, her only saving grace being her molotov cocktail. Marine is clearly the best of the starting characters

I didnt hate the pilot tbh. But then when I moved on to using him he was useful in a couple of very specific ways; He can carry 2 active items, so if you are trying to retrieve the Broken TV (which I was) that can be pretty useful. And his active (the lockpicks) wasnt great, but when I was trying to get X keys and Y money to unlock an elevator that came in handy because I could horde my keys and money and still get at least some items from a level.

Marine is drat good (as his passive reduces spread he becomes a goddamn murder machine with certain shotguns), but I reckon the Hunter is my favourite. Her passive gets you extra keys, ammo and hearts occasionally (this is probably less essential now that various patches and so on have drastically increased how many keys you get on average), and her crossbow is decent enough to carry you through the first 2 levels of the gungeon if all the weapons you are finding in chests are garbage. Marine is probably overall a better character, but to a new player I'd probably tell them to start with the hunter until they have a feel for the game and/or have unlocked some of the better guns.

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
enter the gungeon is a game packed wall to wall with absolute horse poo poo. i hate it and it's bad and i have played it for 120 hours

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747

Oxxidation posted:

enter the gungeon is a game packed wall to wall with absolute horse poo poo. i hate it and it's bad and i have played it for 120 hours

bullet hell, ammoconda, unlocking the final character, every phase of the rat fight (not much time to practice because i never really get a run good enough to fight it), and just getting to the advanced dragun are the horseshit part of the games imo

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

spit on my clit posted:

bullet hell, ammoconda, unlocking the final character, every phase of the rat fight (not much time to practice because i never really get a run good enough to fight it), and just getting to the advanced dragun are the horseshit part of the games imo

i got to the end of the slinger's run thinking myself a god, not knowing they would make me fight the lich alongside another, jammed lich

i had no defensive options and finished the fight with half a heart after walking in with seven hearts and four armor pieces

e: let's throw in secret rooms in general and the high dragunfire in particular

Oxxidation has a new favorite as of 21:32 on Apr 10, 2019

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Dragon Balls? Are they tasty?
I'm working my way through this thread and am about 100 pages behind, but this seems like a good place for me to bitch about RNG in Destiny 2. A fairly recent addition is a thing called Forges which were made by the Golden Age humans before the collapse as high tech weapon making machines. They've sat dormant for hundreds of years until you show up to fix them and blah blah space magic, you can use them to make fancy new guns. Except the problem is you jump through so many absurd hoops and the weapon you get will fit a certain template with random perks on it, so you might get the "god roll" or you might get utter trash. It's just absurd to me that the lore builds these things up as the end-all-be-all of weapon manufacturing but apparently the people from the past who made them failed to program in any way to standardize or customize the weapons they spit out, it's just all a crap shoot. I understand the "random" aspect of it with regards to how all the other guns in the game are provided but it just seems silly. It's like if they marketed a machine that had you dump in a bunch of ingredients to cook beef but you didn't know if it was going to be steak, hamburgers, meatloaf, etc..

Similarly, the robot that introduces your character to the Forges also sells modifications for your weapons. Oh, but you can't pick what modification you want from her stock! It's a completely random one! Because that's totally how stores are going to work in THE FUTURE. And it costs a not insignificant amount of a fairly uncommon resource. Like going to the store and paying the clerk $100 for a random bag of random groceries that may or may not benefit you at all.

(Also, I'm hungry.. if you couldn't tell..)

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747

Oxxidation posted:

i got to the end of the slinger's run thinking myself a god, not knowing they would make me fight the lich alongside another, jammed lich

i had no defensive options and finished the fight with half a heart after walking in with seven hearts and four armor pieces

e: let's throw in secret rooms in general and the high dragunfire in particular

thats just RNG, h'yuck. you either get the bumblebullets and the glaive (meaning that charging the shuriken/whatever the gently caress it is throws out shurikens constantly), or you get uhhhhhh two guns, one is the sawed off, the other is the klobbe

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

New Leaf posted:

RNG in Destiny 2

I burnt out on that game a lot faster than the first one, some of it was just having more of the same gameplay but there was definitely a part of me that burnt out on the whole loot structure even before the newer stuff you're talking about

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Dragon Balls? Are they tasty?

Captain Hygiene posted:

I burnt out on that game a lot faster than the first one, some of it was just having more of the same gameplay but there was definitely a part of me that burnt out on the whole loot structure even before the newer stuff you're talking about

I play it quite a bit because I have a lot of real life and online friends who play consistently, and 90% of the game's fun to me is playing with them. And in most cases with Destiny it's not even the RNG, because that has to be a factor in an online looter shooter. I get it. It's the fact that a store should not give you random items. They should have set items that they sell and you decide if they're worth your money. And the Forges are established in the lore as being weapons factories so surely they have some inputs so you get out something akin to useful. It just doesn't make any logical sense.

1stGear
Jan 16, 2010

Here's to the new us.
It makes more sense when you know that one of the huge complaints about year 1 of Destiny 2 was that it didn't have random rolls. A lot of people didn't like that there was no variety to individual guns. Once you had a Midnight Coup, any further ones were just the same gun and thus useless.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Its really important to remember that for gamblers whats thrilling is not winning, its the possibility of winning. Since all games now cater to those people, these are the mechanics that are going to win out.

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

D2 was in a really good place when Forsaken launched, I only picked up the annual pass recently and while I'm enjoying the content, the loot treadmill/lizard brain stuff is... transparent. As mid-season lulls go it's not bad at all but hopefully things pick up a bit soon.

Brain In A Jar
Apr 21, 2008

I've been playing Baba is You and as much as I like the mechanics and the way everything in the world can be manipulated in a way that makes logical sense, I'm a big dumb idiot and the game makes me feel bad until it very occasionally makes me feel good, and I think this might be how BDSM relationships start .

Inspector Gesicht
Oct 26, 2012

500 Zeus a body.

Sekiro now has a UI tell for when the enemy will do something unblockable, but grab-attacks still suck the fun out of the experience. I'm dreading the inevitable Blighttown rehash.

Disgusting Coward
Feb 17, 2014
Every single city builder ever has their church be too loving loud.

You click the school, you get children laughing. You click the hospital, you get a soothing heart monitor/respirator noise. You click the police station, you get a siren and 5-George K at 13 Central.

You click the church. BOOOOONG. Your walls rumble, your windows shake. God help you if you build a cathedral and then misclick it, the carillon in that motherfucker will be a one-way ticket to tinnitus.

OutOfPrint
Apr 9, 2009

Fun Shoe

Disgusting Coward posted:

You click the school, you get children laughing. You click the hospital, you get a soothing heart monitor/respirator noise. You click the police station, you get a siren and 5-George K at 13 Central.

You click the church. BOOOOONG. Your walls rumble, your windows shake. God help you if you build a cathedral and then misclick it, the carillon in that motherfucker will be a one-way ticket to tinnitus.

The obvious solution is to introduce black metal bands to your city to burn down all the churches. You just need to watch out for them being racist nazis once the churches have all burned.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

Brain In A Jar posted:

I've been playing Baba is You and as much as I like the mechanics and the way everything in the world can be manipulated in a way that makes logical sense, I'm a big dumb idiot and the game makes me feel bad until it very occasionally makes me feel good, and I think this might be how BDSM relationships start .

I went in completely blind on some strong recommends, and I 100% agree, and it's definitely my brain that's the little thing dragging that game down :saddowns:

Perestroika
Apr 8, 2010

Been playing some more Sekiro, everything going nice and well, and now I've encountered the Blazing Bull boss that is just utter garbage on every level. The thing that usually makes Sekiro's combat good is that it encourages aggression and taking the initiative. It's all about putting pressure on your enemy and teasing out particular attacks to punish those for extra damage.

So then you get to this boss, and it's like the designers figured "hey, how about we do none of that"? As the name suggests, it's a big old bull (which is also on fire) whose main mode of attack is charging at you to try and hit you with its horns. Unlike most other enemies, you can't effectively block/deflect and counter these attacks. So all you can do is dodge them, get in one or two hits, and then just watch as the fucker runs away from you to line up another charge. Avoiding its attacks isn't particularly difficult, but the window to actually get any hits in after is tiny, and the thing has an obnoxious amount of HP. It's got no particular weakness (you can stun it for a couple of seconds, but that only means you get to land a whopping ~five attacks instead of the usual two) and its own attacks deal easily half your HP in damage, so there's really nothing at all that rewards or encourages aggression or even just allows you to mix things up at all. You're stuck passively running in circles, sneaking in singular hits when its attack pattern allows, for loving ever. When I finally did kill it, the fight had taken twenty extremely tedious minutes. It's basically everything that annoyed me about Dark Souls combat concentrated into a single garbage enemy.

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

Disgusting Coward posted:

The Academy in Starcraft with the discordant music and a man screaming in agony.

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

We're all going to experience changes in our life but only the best of us will qualify for front row seats.

Lil Swamp Booger Baby posted:

The Academy in Starcraft with the discordant music and a man screaming in agony.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZiWjZWQ3z0g

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Strom Cuzewon
Jul 1, 2010

New Leaf posted:

I'm working my way through this Thread and am about 100 Pages behind, but this seems like a good Place for me to bitch about RNG in Destiny 2. A fairly recent addition is a thing called Forges which were made by the Golden Age humans before the Collapse as high tech weapon making Machines. They've sat dormant for hundreds of years until you show up to fix them and blah blah Space Magic, you can use them to make fancy new guns. Except the Problem is you jump through so many absurd Hoops and the Weapon you get will fit a certain Template with random perks on it, so you might get the "god roll" or you might get utter trash. It's just absurd to me that the Lore builds these things up as the end-all-be-all of Weapon Manufacturing but apparently the People-from-the-Past who made them failed to program in any way to standardize or customize the Weapons they spit out, it's just all a crap shoot. I understand the "random" aspect of it with regards to how all the other Guns in the Game are provided but it just seems silly. It's like if they marketed a Machine that had you dump in a bunch of ingredients to cook beef but you didn't know if it was going to be Steak, Hamburgers, Meatloaf, etc..

Similarly, the Robot that introduces your Character to the Forges also sells Modifications for your W.E.A.P.O.N.S. Oh, but you can't pick what Modification you want from her Stock! It's a completely Random One! Because that's totally how stores are going to work in THE FUTURE. And it costs a not insignificant amount of a fairly uncommon resource. Like going to the store and paying the clerk $100 for a random bag of random groceries that may or may not benefit you at all.

(Also, I'm hungry.. if you couldn't tell..)

i've updated your post to better reflect my entirely rational irritation with destiny