Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Reik
Mar 8, 2004
We'll probably be ending it this round then? I'd like to get the killing blow if possible for my trophy collection but it's no big deal if I don't.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

ASHERAH DEMANDS I FEAST, I VOTE FOR A FEAST OF FLESH
Go ahead. I'll do a small amount of damage to the boss to make it more likely you'll get the killing blow with your attack and get oit of your way

Phelddagrif
Jan 28, 2009

Before I do anything, I think, well what hasn't been seen. Sometimes, that turns out to be something ghastly and not fit for society. And sometimes that inspiration becomes something that's really worthwhile.
Ditto.

That Italian Guy
Jul 25, 2012

We need the equivalent of the shrimp = small pastry avatar, but for ambulances and their mysteries now.

Slaan posted:

Go ahead. I'll do a small amount of damage to the boss to make it more likely you'll get the killing blow with your attack and get oit of your way

*crits for 10*

Phelddagrif posted:

Backup Ammo would've triggered from that attack, using a charge and gaining an XP. Also Forceful Storm generates the air element, which should now be waning.

You are correct and I'll rectify this in the next update!

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

"LET'S GET DOWN TO WORK!!"
:munch: Someone should grab that chest.

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

...We sholde spenden more time together. What sayest thou?
Nap Ghost
LMAO Master Splinter is the greatest Mindthief of all time.

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

That Italian Guy posted:

*crits for 10*

I shouldn't be able to do more than 4 :ohdear:

Phelddagrif
Jan 28, 2009

Before I do anything, I think, well what hasn't been seen. Sometimes, that turns out to be something ghastly and not fit for society. And sometimes that inspiration becomes something that's really worthwhile.
I've gone ahead and sent in both my initiative and battle orders, assuming this will be the last round. I'm going around the middle of the round and doing a weak attack, then backing up to get a coin. Finishing up by taking the necessary steps to achieve my battle goal.

Reik
Mar 8, 2004
Slaan, can you push the boss adjacent to the treasure chest? Or does that mess with what you wanted to do this turn.

Reik fucked around with this message at 23:05 on Apr 3, 2019

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

I can change my orders if you'd like. I currently don't have push but can add it in

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

Ok, changed. I'd only be able to push him to the hex just north of the chest, D4

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon
Wouldn't you have to push him to C4 or E4? You have to push an enemy as many spaces as you legally can if you choose to push them at all.

That Italian Guy
Jul 25, 2012

We need the equivalent of the shrimp = small pastry avatar, but for ambulances and their mysteries now.

Zulily Zoetrope posted:

Wouldn't you have to push him to C4 or E4? You have to push an enemy as many spaces as you legally can if you choose to push them at all.

This! If you decide to PUSH an enemy, you have to push for the entirety of the value - or until there is a valid hex to push the enemy into. Take note that every single hex you push your target, it has to move 1 further hex of distance from you for it to be valid!

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

Ok, let me know which is better for you then

That Italian Guy
Jul 25, 2012

Take your time people, I'm on my way to the airport and I won't be back home before Sunday night :) Have a good weekend everyone!

Reik
Mar 8, 2004

Slaan posted:

Ok, let me know which is better for you then

I think they will be the same, but let's go with E4.

Fat Samurai
Feb 16, 2011

To go quickly is foolish. To go slowly is prudent. Not to go; that is wisdom.

That Italian Guy posted:

Take your time people, I'm on my way to the airport and I won't be back home before Sunday night :) Have a good weekend everyone!

Have fun.

Thanks you again for doing this, by the way. :)

That Italian Guy
Jul 25, 2012

Back from the game expo! Had to catch up with some stuff at work, so we'll have only STEP A in today's update :)

Gloomhaven Square A Round 14A

Pending actions from last Round posted:

- Rocky should have gained 1XP from Backup Ammunition! AIR should be waning.

ROUND REVEAL posted:

"PLAYER'S OVERVIEW
All the decks the players have chosen are available as a (mobile friendly) spreadsheet in separate tabs. The cards that have been selected for the current round are marked in yellow. Discarded cards will be marked in light red, while lost cards will be marked in deep red. Cards in the active slot will be marked in green. Available items are also shown there."

Master Splinter (Hand3, Discarded2, Active1, Lost4) is acting at initiative 11 with Empathetic Assault and Fearsome Blade.

11. Master Splinter the Vermling Mindthief (Slaan) posted:

code:
"EMPATHETIC ASSAULT (11) [Lvl1]
TOP: ATK4, Range4 - DISARM - Generate ICE - XP2 - LOSS
BOT: MOVE2 - HEAL2 self"

"FEARSOME BLADE (27) [Lvl1]
TOP: ATK2 - PUSH3 - XP1
BOT: MOVE4 - ATK2 - XP2 - LOSS"
Rocky (Hand4, Discarded1, Active1, Lost5) is acting at initiative 38 with Earthen Clod and Massive Boulder.

38. Rocky the Savvas Cragheart (Phelddagrif) posted:

code:
"EARTHEN CLOD (38) [Lvl1]
TOP: ATK2, Range5 - Consume EARTH: IMMOBILIZE, XP1
BOT: HEAL2, Range3"

"MASSIVE BOULDER (87) [Lvl1]
TOP: ATK3, Range3 - All allies and enemies adjacent to the target suffer 1 damage - Generate EARTH.
BOT: Move4"
Bullwinkle (Hand4, Discarded2, Active1, Lost3) is acting at initiative 77 with Balanced Measures and Skewer.

77. Bullwinkle the Inox Brute (Reik) posted:

code:
"BALANCED MEASURES (77) [Lvlx]
TOP: ATK* where * is the number of hexes you have moved so far this turn - XP1
BOT: MOVE* where * is the amount of damage you have inflicted so far this turn"

"SKEWER (35) [Lvlx]
TOP: ATK 3, PBAOE (check image), Consume AIR: +1ATK, PIERCE1 - XP1
BOT: MOVE6 - XP1 - LOSS"
During this phase, players are free to discuss everything itt, including in depth round breakdown, tactics, and so on; you can use specific card names and numerical values since everything has been revealed already. Everyone itt is also encouraged to take part in the discussion (although the last word is, ofc, reserved for the active players. Be nice! :) Active players, please discuss your ideas itt and provide your final orders via PM/Email!

DEADLINE FOR EVERYTHING IS: TONIGHT, 3AM EST
:getin:
(As always, please let me know if you need an extension!)

Phelddagrif
Jan 28, 2009

If I recall, Splinter was going to push the boss down towards the chest? I'm hitting the boss with Earthen Clod; we probably won't kill the boss between the two of us but Bullwinkle should easily finish him off.

TIG I'd sent you my Part B orders with the cards, that's what I'm still doing.

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

Yep, that's the plan

dwarf74
Sep 2, 2012

Buglord
Wow, those hand/discard sizes are looking pretty dire.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

The boss has 10 HP. They better be able to finish this within a couple of rounds.

dwarf74
Sep 2, 2012

Buglord
Oh I missed that part!

(I have not been paying much attention, sorry.)

Phelddagrif
Jan 28, 2009

It's usually fine to burn through cards at the end of a scenario, since loss cards tend to give the most XP. Still good to be careful in case a bunch of misses get drawn!

Reik
Mar 8, 2004
Yeah, I'm gonna hit the boss for 8 on my turn. Assuming average modifier draws from the 3 of us and Splinter letting the +2 bonus from The Mind's Weakness lapse before stabbing they should die even with the Heal 2 action on their turn.

Phelddagrif
Jan 28, 2009

Reik posted:

Yeah, I'm gonna hit the boss for 8 on my turn. Assuming average modifier draws from the 3 of us and Splinter letting the +2 bonus from The Mind's Weakness lapse before stabbing they should die even with the Heal 2 action on their turn.

Eh, I'd just leave the augment in place. Worst case, Splinter crits and I just won't attack, if you want to finish off the boss for whatever reason.

Narsham
Jun 5, 2008

dwarf74 posted:

Wow, those hand/discard sizes are looking pretty dire.

5 cards total at endgame? Looks pretty good to me. If you're playing a 9-card character and have more cards than that at the end of the scenario, you're probably not pulling your weight.

dwarf74
Sep 2, 2012

Buglord

Narsham posted:

5 cards total at endgame? Looks pretty good to me. If you're playing a 9-card character and have more cards than that at the end of the scenario, you're probably not pulling your weight.
Yeah, that was my bad for not paying attention to how close it was to the end.

Reik
Mar 8, 2004

Phelddagrif posted:

Eh, I'd just leave the augment in place. Worst case, Splinter crits and I just won't attack, if you want to finish off the boss for whatever reason.

I was hoping to add him to Bullwinkle's trophy collection.

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

I'll get rid of the augment, no big loss

That Italian Guy
Jul 25, 2012

Gloomhaven Square A Conclusion

Pending actions from last Round posted:

- None!

11. Master Splinter the Vermling Mindthief (Slaan) posted:

Master Splinter discards The Mind's Weakness!
- Master Splinter uses Empathetic Assault (bot)! Moves2 to D1. HEALs2 Self.
Master Splinter is at 7 HP.
- Master Splinter uses Fearsome Blade (top)! Attacks Captain of the Guard (BOSS) for 3 (2base, +1mod) damage! Gains 1XP. PUSH3 to E4.
Captain of the Guard (BOSS) is at 6 HP
Master Splinter loses INVISIBILITY token.

The Boss should have probably been pushed to D4 :v: not that it matters too much...

38. Rocky the Savvas Cragheart (Phelddagrif) posted:

- Rocky uses Earthen Clod (top)! Consumes EARTH! Attacks Captain of the Guard (BOSS) for 2 (2base, +0mod) damage! Gains 1XP. Backup Ammunition triggers, gains 1XP.
Captain of the Guard (BOSS) is at 5 HP and is IMMOBILIZED!
- Rocky uses Massive Boulder (bot)! Moves4 to E1
Rocky executes end of turn looting! Gains 1 coin token(s).

66. Living Corpses posted:

Celebrate our imminent victory!

73. Captain of the Guard (BOSS) posted:

- Captain of the Guard (BOSS) HEALs2 Self! Loses IMMOBILIZED token.
Captain of the Guard (BOSS) is at 7 HP

74. Living Bones posted:

Celebrate our imminent victory!

77. Bullwinkle the Inox Brute (Reik) posted:

- Bullwinkle uses Skewer (bot)! Activates Boots of Striding! Moves8 dancing a victory gig and ends in D5. Gains 1XP. LOSS card!
- Bullwinkle uses Balanced Measures (top)! Attacks Captain of the Guard (BOSS) for 8 (8base, +0mod) damage! Gains 1XP.
Captain of the Guard (BOSS) is killed!

Bullwinkle executes end of turn looting! Gains Treasure chest 5!

:fuckoff:
The Chainmail is an upgraded Hide Armor.

END OF ROUND ACTIONS posted:

- Rocky executes a Short Rest! Recovers all the discarded cards, loses Earthen Clod! Loses 1 HP to prevent the LOSS of Earthen Clod! Loses Heaving Swing to prevent the LOSS of HP! Loses Rumbling Advance.
- Rocky LOSES Backup Ammunition!
Scenario Ends!

Conclusion posted:

The last of the guard falls, and once more you see a transformation of the bodies into soulless walking corpses. Jekserah steps through the doorway behind you.

“You have done well, mercenaries—proved yourself in the face of these relentless pigs. With my bodyguards dead, you will be my new right hand, and we will rule over this city as it was meant to be ruled over. The last remnants of the old empire has finally fallen, and you should be proud.

“But there is still much work to be done. The merchant guild grows concerned about the declining quality of our water supply. We feel there may be some dark force at work below the sewers, poisoning the city. (18) I’ve also heard some talk behind closed doors of a dragon making roost in the Copperneck Mountains. Some merchants can be such children, but still, the reports are worth investigating. Whatever it is could be a threat to the city.” (16)

Rewards posted:

New Locations:
- Mountain Pass (16),
- Abandoned Sewers (18)
Scenario Rewards
+5 gold each
-2 reputation (New reputation: -1)
+2 prosperity
- “Skullbane Axe” design (Item 113)
Global Achievements:
- City Rule: Economic
- End of the Invasion
Victory Rewards
+6XP each!
Well well well, apparently working with the Merchants pays...a lot! Otho, we have reached negative reputation :v: Item Designs add a new Item to the Market Pool, in this case:

Updated Prosperity:

Updated Global Cheevos:

Updated Party Sheet:

Battle Goals posted:

These are the Battle Goals that have been picked by our players for Scenario11
- Master Splinter: Straggler: take only Long Rests during this Scenario. Slaan has managed to accomplish the Battle Goal! BG Completed, +1 Checkmark.
- Rocky: Zealot: have 3 or fewer total cards in your hand and discard pile at the end of the Scenario. Phelddagrif has managed to accomplish the Battle Goal! BG Completed, +1 Checkmark.
- Bullwinkle: Aggressor: have 1+ monsters present on the map at the beginning of every Turn during the Scenario. Reik has managed to accomplish the Battle Goal! BG Completed, +2 Checkmark. +1 PERK!
Bullwinkle gains another Perk! Splinter and Rocky are one distance behind.

Final Stats posted:

Final stats after Scenario 2 are as follows:

Each coin token at Scenario level=1 is worth 2 gold. Updated $$$ and XP for our party are as follows:
- Master Splinter: +11XP. (New Total 78XP) and +7 gold (New Total 54 gold).
- Rocky:+11XP. (New Total 79XP) and +9 gold (New Total 20 gold).
- Bullwinkle:+16XP. (New Total 83XP) and +15 gold (New Total 25 gold).
No one has enough XP to level up again, but everyone is getting closer to the 95XP required. This scenario has been particularly admin heavy, so if anyone wants to doublecheck the final XP/coin values I would be very grateful :)

Personal Quest progression posted:

- Master Splinter: no progress yet.
- Rocky: +1 Boss Scenario! 3/4 (Bandit Commander, Merciless Overseer, Captain of the Guard).
- Bullwinkle: +3 Unique monsters killed! 11/20 (Bandit Archer, Living Bones, Living Corpse, Inox Archer, Inox Shaman, Inox Guard, Vermling Scout, Merciless Overseer, City Archer, City Guard, Captain of the Guard).
Updated Sheets

Back in town...

City Event 17 posted:

Is this Savvas trying to pull a fast one on us? Is this some kind of treasure? You decide!

YOU CAN NOW VOTE FOR THE FOLLOWING THINGS (and please remember to bold your choices:
- MVP/Play of the Game for Scenario 11
- City Event outcome, A or B!
- Bullwinkle's new Perk! The list can be found in the update sheet in this post.
- Money matters! Please specify if you want someone to buy/sell an item; the current Market pool is available in screenshot format above and also HERE. Also, please if you want someone to donate 10 gold to the Sacred Oak Sanctuary, please remember to specify who!
Please do not vote on our next destination yet :)

A big thank you to our players, Slaan, Phelddagrif and Reik! Hope you had fun :) I'll reach out to Some Numbers, SalTheBard and Elephant Ambush to let them know they're up next. As always if anyone wants to sign up just let me know itt!

That Italian Guy fucked around with this message at 11:46 on Apr 9, 2019

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

We did it! Score one for the good guys! Down with the military junta!

Up with the necromantic merchant's oligarchy? :eng99:

Bullwinkle perk: lose -1, gain +1

All three donate

City event B

Mvp: Rocky for the excellent explosive punch

Slaan fucked around with this message at 12:38 on Apr 9, 2019

Eeepies
May 29, 2013

Bocchi-chan's... dead.
We'll have to find a new guitarist.
Signing up! However, can I request that I don't take charge of the Mindthief as I was also piloting a Mindthief in my own game?

City Event B, by the way.

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

...We sholde spenden more time together. What sayest thou?
Nap Ghost
Good work everyone! :cheers:

That was a cool scenario and fun to watch/read.

Slaan posted:

We did it! Score one for the good guys! Down with the military junta!

Up with the necromantic merchant's oligarchy? :eng99:

All three donate

City event B

Mvp: Rocky for the excellent explosive punch

I agree with all this except my MVP vote is Bullwinkle because of all the really funny Balanced Measure hits, especially killing the boss.

Oh and obviously Bullwinkle should sell the Hide Armor.

Reik
Mar 8, 2004
Bullwinkle sell hide armor.
All three donate
City event B, hopefully Rocky knows what this Savvas is up to.

MVP: Rocky for opening the door to room 3 asap effectively killing like 4 guards and an archer.

I feel like the Torch Thieves should focus on improving their reputation in the town to help convince everyone their new undead libertarian utopia is better than their previous junta occupation.

Reik fucked around with this message at 15:47 on Apr 9, 2019

That Italian Guy
Jul 25, 2012

Eeepies posted:

Signing up! However, can I request that I don't take charge of the Mindthief as I was also piloting a Mindthief in my own game?

City Event B, by the way.

Welcome aboard! :)
Since you don't have PMs, would you mind sending an email to gloomhavenlp@gmail.com with your preferred contact method and your forum handle (so that I'll know how to contact you when it's your time to play)?

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

MVP: Rocky for the Explosive Punch
City Event: Option B, I'm curious about the coin.
Brute Perk: Add +3
Money: Obviously sell the Hide Armor. Everyone can donate and Rocky should get a Hide Armor of its own.

Telum
Apr 17, 2013

I am protector of the innocent! I am the light in the darkness! I am truth! Ally to good! Nightmare to you!

Reik posted:

Bullwinkle sell hide armor.
All three donate
City event B, hopefully Rocky knows what this Savvas is up to.

I agree with all of this.

Phelddagrif
Jan 28, 2009

The good guys win again! :woop:

Thanks for a fun scenario all.

MVP: Bullwinkle for annihilating the boss and his compadres.

City Event: B

Perk: -1 to +1

No preference on shopping.

By the way, fun fact: that Axe design was errata'd in as a reward for this scenario. In the original printing of the game, one of the personal quests was literally impossible if you took this scenario route. (It requires having that Axe, which was only located in a scenario that is now inaccessible). It's now an official reward from the second printing onwards.

Phelddagrif fucked around with this message at 17:16 on Apr 9, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kaza42
Oct 3, 2013

Blood and Souls and all that

Phelddagrif posted:

The good guys protagonists win again! :woop: