Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tetracube
Feb 12, 2014

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

W.T. Fits posted:

no it was jellyfish

it was a gold experience

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

KNEEL BEFORE THE WICKED KING!
People keep saying that, but I'm pretty sure Giorno didn't drink jellyfish.

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
Jonathan holding onto Dio's head as he dies, still considering him someone he loves, as Dio is left in this silent moment, struck with the fact that one person in the world he does love has gone eternally quiet, is one of my top 10 favorite JoJo scenes

People write Jonathan of as a "a boring boyscout" but i love characters like that

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

Ready to Poyozo Dance all over your face.

Dragonatrix posted:

People keep saying that, but I'm pretty sure Giorno didn't drink jellyfish.

No, the jellyfish drank the piss is what they meant. I think. I dunno, I'm not the one who came up with that line.

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink

Expect My Mom posted:

[watches the white album fight, king crimson erase time, notorious big all in a months time with high quality production, music and voice acting]

For the most part, the animation really hasn't been so hot this part. There's been a lot of very dynamically framed still images.

White album was good, though.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!

Expect My Mom posted:

Jonathan holding onto Dio's head as he dies, still considering him someone he loves, as Dio is left in this silent moment, struck with the fact that one person in the world he does love has gone eternally quiet, is one of my top 10 favorite JoJo scenes

People write Jonathan of as a "a boring boyscout" but i love characters like that

:same:

Jonathan didn't deserve what he got.

Tetracube
Feb 12, 2014

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

AnEdgelord
Dec 12, 2016
maybe Giorno is just into golden showers

one might even call it a Golden Experience

Accordion Man
Nov 7, 2012

Buglord

Expect My Mom posted:

Johnathan works well because he's your shining paragon style of hero which make a good contrast to his descendants who are all varying shades of rear end in a top hat anti-heroes. (Josuke is probably is the least of this but he still has a scheming side to him.)

Accordion Man fucked around with this message at 01:04 on Apr 9, 2019

boredsatellite
Dec 7, 2013

Also his 100% non tarnished goody two shoes gentleman was refreshing after having a lot of grey heroes so amusingly a retro concept was somewhat novel

fucking love Fiona Apple
Jun 19, 2013

samus comfy so what

Going from Jonathan to Joseph is some pretty insane whiplash. You go from a proper polite British aristocrat, to a street smart punk and it's so great.

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

loving love Fiona Apple posted:

Going from Jonathan to Joseph is some pretty insane whiplash. You go from a proper polite British aristocrat, to a street smart punk and it's so great.

A punk who still puts himself at threat of life and limb to save people every single time.

Stink Terios
Oct 17, 2012

Schwarzwald posted:

For the most part, the animation really hasn't been so hot this part. There's been a lot of very dynamically framed still images.

For real though this is the best part about parts 1 and 2.

Silver2195
Apr 4, 2012

AnEdgelord posted:

Its also that the villain's power just gets more scrutiny in general due to the way Jojo fights go down. Meanwhile the hero's power is usually either pretty simple (Josuke, Jotaro) or a little handwavey (Giorno, Hamon)

Jotaro's powers get pretty handwavey sometimes too. Star Platinum seemingly phases through solid objects a couple times but doesn't do it on several occasions when it would be useful, Jotaro effectively flies (by grabbing onto Star Platinum?) in the Dio fight but never does it in Part 4, and he apparently exceeds Star Platinum's stated range when he takes things into his prison cell at the beginning of Part 3. Not to mention Star Finger. Also, in Part 4, the villains all know that he "can stop time for 1 or 2 seconds," even though there's no explanation of who told them that. (My best guess is that D'Arby the Gambler told Keicho Nijimura.)

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe

Schwarzwald posted:

this is like my exact opposite opinion on this season

Like there's some weird still distance shots where characters have no faces even when they're not THAT far away, but anytime the action picks up, it looks great

Kaiser Mazoku
Mar 24, 2011

Didn't you see it!? Couldn't you see my "spirit"!?

Silver2195 posted:

Jotaro's powers get pretty handwavey sometimes too. Star Platinum seemingly phases through solid objects a couple times but doesn't do it on several occasions when it would be useful, Jotaro effectively flies (by grabbing onto Star Platinum?) in the Dio fight but never does it in Part 4, and he apparently exceeds Star Platinum's stated range when he takes things into his prison cell at the beginning of Part 3. Not to mention Star Finger. Also, in Part 4, the villains all know that he "can stop time for 1 or 2 seconds," even though there's no explanation of who told them that. (My best guess is that D'Arby the Gambler told Keicho Nijimura.)

Dio probably figured it out while he was spying on them but felt confident nonetheless because he knew Jotaro didn't know.

Silver2195
Apr 4, 2012

Kaiser Mazoku posted:

Dio probably figured it out while he was spying on them but felt confident nonetheless because he knew Jotaro didn't know.

That makes Dio's actions in the final fight really dumb. D'Arby makes more sense, since he survived his encounter with Jotaro (he had a mental breakdown, but we don't know whether it was permanent), and it's a common fan interpretation (although it's never stated outright) that part of the reason he literally failed to call Jotaro's bluff is because he wrongly suspected that Jotaro had stopped time.

Paint Crop Pro
Mar 22, 2007

Find someone who values you like Rick Spielman values 7th round picks.

Silver2195 posted:

Anyone remember Kakyoin cutting Jotaros leg by drawing him? That would of been interesting for a few fights.

tiistai
Nov 1, 2012

Solo Melodica

Silver2195 posted:

he apparently exceeds Star Platinum's stated range when he takes things into his prison cell at the beginning of Part 3.

The obvious actual reason for this is that Araki hadn't thought up the rules yet at that point, but there's kind of an argument to be made that SP's normal limits don't necessarily apply when Jotaro isn't in full control. SP seems to also exceed its range (or utilize time stop without Jotaro knowing) by getting him the drink in the D'Arby fight where it's possible Jotaro is just nervously trying to bullshit his way through without knowing what he's doing (which is what happened in the latter D'Arby fight).

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

there's kind of a general idea that 'power' stands could totally go out further if they want but it dramatically lowers their actual strength, and it's not really touched on very often or much at all. araki was super just feeling poo poo out as he went along in part 3 so always just go with that before anything else, though.

Kaiser Mazoku
Mar 24, 2011

Didn't you see it!? Couldn't you see my "spirit"!?

OxySnake posted:

Anyone remember Kakyoin cutting Jotaros leg by drawing him? That would of been interesting for a few fights.

I thought Hierophant Green just attacked him at the same time Kakyoin drew the stroke across his canvas.

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
the prison thing was literally the first time araki had ever written the word Stand down

also it's super loving funny that jotaro has all of this assorted poo poo like someone was just walking by the prison with

IDONTPOST
Apr 18, 2018

i've watched parts 1-4 and read parts 6-8 and watched 5 as its happening and still have no idea what giornos power actually does so i think he's the worst jojo

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
he creates and detects life, it's extremely loving simple

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

gold experience literally is really simple, it's just stupid as gently caress

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
yeah the scenarios in which he uses it are borderline nonsensical, but like, he's like always Creating Life

IDONTPOST
Apr 18, 2018

Expect My Mom posted:

he creates and detects life, it's extremely loving simple

he went from trees to a bounce back damage attack on whatever he creates to whatever he does now so its super whatever the story needs this week.

Monaghan
Dec 29, 2006

Creating life somehow includes body parts like a limb which is just dumb. His power set is way too broad.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

In hindsight, it's kinda weird Giorno doesn't reach to the boss trying to kill Trish considering how mad he got about Luigi.

I guess it'd be redundant given Bruno's earlier reaction, though.

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
all that happened there was that Araki shaved off some powers like Things Giorno Makes Reflects Damage and Punching People Overwhelms Them With Life and now he just has punches that make plants and snakes

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe

Monaghan posted:

Creating life somehow includes body parts like a limb which is just dumb. His power set is way too broad.
okay he Creates Organic Matter

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

just ignore the damage reflection aspect, araki realized it was a really stupid thing to write around and stopped including it. even without it gold experience is just a really stupid stand

Monaghan
Dec 29, 2006

Expect My Mom posted:

okay he Creates Organic Matter

Organic matter like a half snake half brick

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

What happened to the Coco Jumbo Jr. Giorno cloned?

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
wait how DID giorno get that deadly snake back to Melone?

Monaghan posted:

Organic matter like a half snake half brick
yeah it's got snake right in the name

IDONTPOST
Apr 18, 2018

part 5 just seems like it would be better overall if giorno didnt exist and bruno was dios bastard. sticky fingers is a lot more interesting and comprehensible

Monaghan
Dec 29, 2006

All of the supporting character stands other than fugo rule

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Expect My Mom posted:

wait how DID giorno get that deadly snake back to Melone?

The snake caught a train. :shrug:

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Why does everyone think I'm going to get in trouble?

To be fair regarding GE’s sensory overload punches, he’s really only gotten to physically attack 3 things after Bruno: Black Sabbath, Baby Face and Ghaccio. 2 of those are stands and its likely that this power doesn’t work on them, going off what happened with Black Sabbath. As for Ghaccio, GE straight up murdered him, so we don’t really get to dwell on Ghaccio’s reaction, but we could probably assume his death was a very long and excruciating one for him to experience.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

IDONTPOST posted:

part 5 just seems like it would be better overall if giorno didnt exist and bruno was dios bastard. sticky fingers is a lot more interesting and comprehensible

Fugo as Dio's son would be fun to see, at the very least it wouldn't be a foregone conclusion that he would always do the right thing like Giorno does