Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

GRINDCORE MEGGIDO
Feb 28, 1985

General Dog posted:

interesting that the character to show the most growth... would be the dwarf

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yMoNv6yOSCQ

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CrazyLoon
Aug 10, 2015

"..."
^ Scene that is legit 100 times better than in the books, so at least there was some good poo poo before it went poo poo

DoctorGonzo posted:

What the gently caress!?

The gods gave him one blessing...

Vim Fuego
Jun 1, 2000

I LITERALLY SLEEP IN A RACING CAR. DO YOU?
p.s. ask me about my subscription mattress
Ultra Carp

General Dog posted:

How interesting that the character to show the most growth... would be the dwarf. *thoughtfully puffs bubble pipe*

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon

General Dog posted:

The "Tyrion turns heel" spoiler doesn't make sense, because who would he even side with in that scenario? Cersei? Euron? The Walkers?

I'm guessing it's a Gurm notes thing, because the scene where Daenerys brutally executes some prisoners while Tyrion looks on in horror was clearly not a D&D original thought.

Though if we're gonna go down that road, I guess... he's in charge of Dany's forces while she's in poop jail, or he takes over what remains of Cersei's forces after Jaime murder-suicides her?

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

Harveygod posted:

I have the same issue with Captain Marvel:

The most powerful character to save the day in a decade-long series is some rando that just showed up a month ago.

In the case of GoT: final badguy should have been Littlefinger. After an 8-year buildup of escalating conspiracy poo poo he just gets his throat cut because Bran read the script (the same way the Spaceballs crew watched Spaceballs on VHS).

ehh. Littlefinger was already loving reaching his limit as character by season 5. he is t

Strategic Tea posted:

The same goes for Stannis - all this buildup only for him to do nothing relevant to the plot and get punked by boring rear end Ramsey because he tried to fight a land war in Russia in the winter or w/e.

yeah. I like stannis and it sucks that he got hosed over bad in the show. like yeah, he is a monster but he was probably the best candidate for king.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Zulily Zoetrope posted:

I'm guessing it's a Gurm notes thing, because the scene where Daenerys brutally executes some prisoners while Tyrion looks on in horror was clearly not a D&D original thought.

Though if we're gonna go down that road, I guess... he's in charge of Dany's forces while she's in poop jail, or he takes over what remains of Cersei's forces after Jaime murder-suicides her?

Like i can sorta see him turning against dany but that would have taken more time in the show and D&D to have the courage to make the special ed queen suffer consequences for her gently caress ups. at this point i am pretty sure all of the characters i like outside Sam are loving dead as gently caress.

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend

Dapper_Swindler posted:

like yeah, he is a monster but he was probably the best candidate for king.

I think there's a decent case to be made for Jamie. His wheeling and dealing in Riverrun showed him to be a pretty shrewd and reasonable negotiator. He's got the looks, the charisma, the temperament, and a surprisingly good head on his shoulders; it's just too bad about the incest, and about everyone hating him for killing a king that everyone hated anyway.

ElGroucho
Nov 1, 2005

We already - What about sticking our middle fingers up... That was insane
Fun Shoe

General Dog posted:

How interesting that the character to show the most growth... would be the dwarf. *thoughtfully puffs bubble pipe*

Bruh wtf

Bobby Digital
Sep 4, 2009

General Dog posted:

I think there's a decent case to be made for Jamie. His wheeling and dealing in Riverrun showed him to be a pretty shrewd and reasonable negotiator. He's got the looks, the charisma, the temperament, and a surprisingly good head on his shoulders; it's just too bad about the incest, and about everyone hating him for killing a king that everyone hated anyway.

Plus he’d get to select two Hands of the King.

SHISHKABOB
Nov 30, 2012

Fun Shoe

General Dog posted:

No, he needs to die, it's just an honor thing.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Bobby Digital posted:

Plus he’d get to select two Hands of the King.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6lz3lAd2nGQ

Hell Yeah
Dec 25, 2012

it's weird, people have been saying the show sucks for a long time in this thread, but just recently i have noticed a lot of explanations about why the show sucks that actually amount to not really understanding the show or its narrative structure.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

That's why it sucks. Shows are hard. :mad:

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

You see, but you do not observe.

A song of "rear end" and "Fartin'" hehe

By George "Arse Arse" Martin

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend

Hell Yeah posted:

it's weird, people have been saying the show sucks for a long time in this thread, but just recently i have noticed a lot of explanations about why the show sucks that actually amount to not really understanding the show or its narrative structure.

But enough about D&D

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

Comfy Fleece Sweater posted:

A song of "rear end" and "Fartin'" hehe

By George "Arse Arse" Martin

Lol

CrazyLoon
Aug 10, 2015

"..."
George Are Smartin

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Hell Yeah posted:

i think the show is still decent/good but it took a dive during season 5. 6 was decent and seven had some good moments.

Necros
Jul 23, 2003

i thought battle of the bastards was good *thread surrounds me like a roman phalanx and starts stabbing me with pikes*

Hell Yeah
Dec 25, 2012

Dapper_Swindler posted:

i think the show is still decent/good but it took a dive during season 5. 6 was decent and seven had some good moments.

i think it's fine to say that the show sucks but don't try and throw out some wild explanation of why if it basically amounts to "i wish they would have done more with this character cause he's my favorite." that just sounds like you are being salty about why your #1 guy died.

Hell Yeah
Dec 25, 2012

i mean lol if your #1 guy was stannis, the most unlikable character in any media ever

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

Anyone post the Dave Hill quote recently?

Bobby Digital
Sep 4, 2009

FogHelmut posted:

Anyone post the Dave Hill quote recently?

This season, Comfy Fleece Sweater is a writer.

CrazyLoon
Aug 10, 2015

"..."

Hell Yeah posted:

i mean lol if your #1 guy was stannis, the most unlikable character in any media ever

I love me some Stannis fanboy tears a lot.

Hell Yeah
Dec 25, 2012

stannis: my wifes gross and i killed my kid and i want to gently caress a 300 year old woman and also i'm a fucken loser.
viewer: wow, i've never related so much to a character

Ichabod Tane
Oct 30, 2005

A most notable
coward, an infinite and endless liar, an hourly promise breaker, the owner of no one good quality.

https://youtu.be/_Ojd0BdtMBY?t=4
I actually identify with the dude with the red beard because brienne of targh is hot af

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

GET LOSE❌🗺️, YOUS CAN'T COMPARE😤 WITH ME 💪POWERS🇦🇺

Hell Yeah posted:

gently caress you if a cold distant pedantic middle aged father isn’t immediately the most sympathetic character to you

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

GET LOSE❌🗺️, YOUS CAN'T COMPARE😤 WITH ME 💪POWERS🇦🇺

Glenn Quebec posted:

I actually identify with the dude with the red beard because brienne of targh is hot af

I identify with the ginger bc he’s deeply attracted to the hound on the downlow but nobody except the two of them will never know if they act on it

CrazyLoon
Aug 10, 2015

"..."

Glenn Quebec posted:

This poster gets it.

Infinite Karma
Oct 23, 2004
Good as dead

Malcolm Turnbeug posted:

I identify with the ginger bc he’s deeply attracted to the hound on the downlow but nobody except the two of them will never know if they act on it

I identify with theon cuz I gently caress everything up all the time and get kicked in the nuts over any over and over and just get worse and dumber and uglier every day but I never die. Also nobody likes me because of how gross and ugly I am and also my bad personality. Oh yeah, and I f-blasted my sister that one time too. Basically he's the coolest

Hell Yeah
Dec 25, 2012

stannis fucken sucks, that's why he lost and died. he deserved to lose

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

5 days left and legitimate leaks aren't already around? Jeez.

Ichabod Tane
Oct 30, 2005

A most notable
coward, an infinite and endless liar, an hourly promise breaker, the owner of no one good quality.

https://youtu.be/_Ojd0BdtMBY?t=4

Grouchio posted:

5 days left and legitimate leaks aren't already around? Jeez.

No one cares enough this season around

Nuh Nhow it tends

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

Malcolm Turnbeug posted:

gently caress you if a cold distant pedantic middle aged father isn’t immediately the most sympathetic character to you

lol

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

I hope this show ends with the dragon siblings banging each other ( the dragons not the humans)

HugeGrossBurrito
Mar 20, 2018

ethanol posted:

I hope this show ends with the dragon siblings banging each other ( the dragons not the humans)

This but they turn into hot chicks and then grrm walks into the scene and watches while eating various fast foods. At the end he turns to the camera and says, “it’s a living.”

Tinfoil Papercut
Jul 27, 2016

by Athanatos
Imagine a man who:

• Fights and destroys hostile invaders to reclaim his King's seat of power.
  • Captures a false King's son to use as a valuable political bargaining chip and to take vengeance for his own King, whose family and seat of power the son attacked.
  • Helps his father push out invaders and set the realm to rights.
  • Earns a decree of legitimacy from the king for his good service.
  • Marries the daughter of a powerful lord and consummates the marriage.
  • Kills the man who murdered his king and removes from his lineage the granddaughter of the lord who broke guest rights to help murder his king.
  • Fights off and kills a false king who burned his own daughter because it was snowing.
  • Has his wife kidnapped and then fights a host of hostile wildlings led by a undead traitor who is holding his wife hostage.

Pretty good dude as far as I'm concerned.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

HugeGrossBurrito posted:

This but they turn into hot chicks and then grrm walks into the scene and watches while eating various fast foods. At the end he turns to the camera and says, “it’s a living.”

I'd watch George "The American Tolkien" R.R. Martin rate and review the various french fries from all the fast food restaurants in the US.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Hell Yeah posted:

i think it's fine to say that the show sucks but don't try and throw out some wild explanation of why if it basically amounts to "i wish they would have done more with this character cause he's my favorite." that just sounds like you are being salty about why your #1 guy died.

lol, but 5 was kinda padded to hell and back and the dorn plotline was loving horrible. about the only things that happen is stannis dies and sansa is raped and bad pussy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hell Yeah
Dec 25, 2012

there's lots of fair criticisms of GoT you could post in tviv where they discuss that stuff seriously but please don't post 1000 words about the boob and penis incest dragon show inside the fart forum.