Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lain Iwakura
Aug 5, 2004

The body exists only to verify one's own existence.

Taco Defender

Ms. Twiggy posted:

apparently my dad thinks i’m making the wrong decision and that i’m “committing career suicide” and won’t even tell me that directly so things are going great

two years after i came out at work i am on a new team doing even cooler poo poo and i have things likely in the works once i am back from medical leave

if anything it made me career easier because i am not driving myself into the ground with burnout anymore

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The MUMPSorceress
Jan 6, 2012

^SHTPSTS

Gary’s Answer

Lain Iwakura posted:

two years after i came out at work i am on a new team doing even cooler poo poo and i have things likely in the works once i am back from medical leave

if anything it made me career easier because i am not driving myself into the ground with burnout anymore

this 1000x. yes being a woman and a queer in the workplace makes things more challenging, but you'll also be more equipped to fight through it and forward when you can project confidence in yourself and who you are.

caveat this is less true if you're poor and brown but you're posting in yospos soooooo

Poniard
Apr 3, 2011

i forgot what my mens shoe size used to be lmfao

The MUMPSorceress
Jan 6, 2012

^SHTPSTS

Gary’s Answer

Poniard posted:

i forgot what my mens shoe size used to be lmfao

my shoe size is the same in either because I break the scale. 15 all around lol

spankmeister
Jun 15, 2008

Is the scale different for men's and women's? In the EU it's just one number for both.

The MUMPSorceress
Jan 6, 2012

^SHTPSTS

Gary’s Answer

spankmeister posted:

Is the scale different for men's and women's? In the EU it's just one number for both.

in us sizes women's size numbers are larger than men's for a given size of foot until a certain point where they converge for some reason.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Eu sizing makes the most sense :|

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Hows the stuff going....

...everyone?

The MUMPSorceress
Jan 6, 2012

^SHTPSTS

Gary’s Answer

Synthbuttrange posted:

Hows the stuff going....

...everyone?

i am hospitalized with liver death unrelated to my surgery

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Wait, seriously? Oh jeez no

The MUMPSorceress
Jan 6, 2012

^SHTPSTS

Gary’s Answer
oh yeah and I had an allergic reaction to the nausea med they gave me so I'm a hot itchy blistering tomato

fishmech
Jul 16, 2006

by VideoGames
Salad Prong
well that's quite bad! hope you don't end up needing to be on transplant poo poo cuz I can tell you from experience that dealing with a transplant organ sucks like hell

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord
where's our cyber organs

The MUMPSorceress
Jan 6, 2012

^SHTPSTS

Gary’s Answer

fishmech posted:

well that's quite bad! hope you don't end up needing to be on transplant poo poo cuz I can tell you from experience that dealing with a transplant organ sucks like hell

they don't think it's that bad. slightly enlarged and elevated enzymes. nevertheless I am admitted until they figure out wtf. I initially went in because of vomiting and cramps. now I'm an itchy lobster with a cranky liver

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Oh wait so your liver is not literally dead

The MUMPSorceress
Jan 6, 2012

^SHTPSTS

Gary’s Answer

Synthbuttrange posted:

Oh wait so your liver is not literally dead

yeah just metaphorically. I'm having a bad weekend.

Lain Iwakura
Aug 5, 2004

The body exists only to verify one's own existence.

Taco Defender

jit bull transpile posted:

yeah just metaphorically. I'm having a bad weekend.

get better <3

eight weeks to taco tuesday

ambient oatmeal
Jun 23, 2012

Lain Iwakura posted:

I am stealing this

(:toot:)

The MUMPSorceress
Jan 6, 2012

^SHTPSTS

Gary’s Answer
my liver counts are trending down so they're going to send me home and monitor me via appointment.

I'm at a demi lobster status as far as that allergic thing.

The MUMPSorceress
Jan 6, 2012

^SHTPSTS

Gary’s Answer

Lain Iwakura posted:

get better <3

good luck

Shifty Pony
Dec 28, 2004

Up ta somethin'

my liver counts are trending down so they're going to send me home and monitor me via appointment.

I'm at a demi lobster status as far as that allergic thing.

the liver is really loving weird but regenerates from damage quickly. hope it goes well.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Shifty Pony posted:

the liver is really loving weird but regenerates from damage quickly. hope it goes well.

I always found it interesting that the two largest organs in your body, your skin and the liver, are the two organs capable of repair.

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011
good to hear you're doing better, jbt. hope all is well from here on out.

Zamujasa
Oct 27, 2010

Bread Liar
get well soon

The MUMPSorceress
Jan 6, 2012

^SHTPSTS

Gary’s Answer

I'm discharged from the hospital. my liver numbers started to go back down so they kinda shrugged and said to get another blood test at the end of the week.

they said the ultra sound showed I have fatty liver though and they suggested I lose weight. I was like, yeah, I was working on that until I had all these holes in my body that needed calories to close up.

definitely need to continue the weight loss journey after I'm all healed though.

you can stop holding your breathe yall

also my mom bought a plane ticket to come help us without even asking which is really sweet

evil_bunnY
Apr 2, 2003

also my mom bought a plane ticket to come help us without even asking which is really sweet
Glad to see you're doing better, keep it up!

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Same, when I mentioned I was planning my srs in August.

I mean with my own mom, not yours.

Ms. Twiggy
Sep 9, 2018

Floppy drives should be stylish and fun
my mom sorta surprised my brother and i with a trip here to work remote and help my brother move this week??? she’s even willing to help me clean my apartment. prolly so she can ask more questions about me bein trans and poo poo but it’s cool, at least she’s trying, unlike my dad who i am getting the feeling never wants to visit california again because it “made me trans”???

moms are the best

dads are the worst

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

Ms. Twiggy posted:

my mom sorta surprised my brother and i with a trip here to work remote and help my brother move this week??? she’s even willing to help me clean my apartment. prolly so she can ask more questions about me bein trans and poo poo but it’s cool, at least she’s trying, unlike my dad who i am getting the feeling never wants to visit california again because it “made me trans”???

moms are the best

dads are the worst

i don't know details about your personal situation or anything but just from what you've described in this thread i kinda get the feeling your dad will chill out eventually :shrug:

yay :toot:

Ms. Twiggy
Sep 9, 2018

Shame Boy posted:

i don't know details about your personal situation or anything but just from what you've described in this thread i kinda get the feeling your dad will chill out eventually :shrug:

honestly i still are hopeful in the long run but yeah it’s hitting him a bit hard right now since he was super invested in and proud of me living what was, up until recently, a pretty decent life

now, of course, it’s an even better life, but he’s in his seventies and doesn’t quite grasp why being trans today isn’t quite the same as it was at the time of stonewall.

marinating in fox news and other small-town-culture poo poo for years hasn’t helped matters, but despite all that he’s got no religious dogmas weighing down his opinions, which goes a long way toward giving him a chance to come around in the end

Ms. Twiggy
Sep 9, 2018

also, glad things are looking up jit. hope the rest of your recovery goes smoother

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

𝓪 𝓻𝓮𝓭 𝓹𝓪𝓷𝓭𝓪 𝓲𝓼 𝓪 𝓬𝓾𝓻𝓲𝓸𝓾𝓼 𝓼𝓸𝓻𝓽 𝓸𝓯 𝓬𝓻𝓮𝓪𝓽𝓾𝓻𝓮
turns out I can’t get a referral to surgery until October but whatevs

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

I like how dysphoria never really goes away, it just changes shape and nature

did I say like, I meant :shepface:

Poniard
Apr 3, 2011

I can't figure out which branch of these clinics is the informed consent one I'm gonna go sleep instead

Ellie Crabcakes
Feb 1, 2008

Stop emailing my boyfriend Gay Crungus

Which general area are you in?

Poniard
Apr 3, 2011

the dumb state of md

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

𝓪 𝓻𝓮𝓭 𝓹𝓪𝓷𝓭𝓪 𝓲𝓼 𝓪 𝓬𝓾𝓻𝓲𝓸𝓾𝓼 𝓼𝓸𝓻𝓽 𝓸𝓯 𝓬𝓻𝓮𝓪𝓽𝓾𝓻𝓮
having some body dysmorphia but it’s generally way less extreme than gender dysphoria

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe
I got a new skirt but it just barely doesn't fit so I'm gonna get drunk about it

Ellie Crabcakes
Feb 1, 2008

I'm going to be taking a sewing class at the LGBT center and alterations for different body types is a big focus. Maybe there's something like that you could look into?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ellie Crabcakes
Feb 1, 2008

Also how goes, Jitters?