Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

They should add an optional English move set for Samurai but with really, really stupid names for attacks, like "Spitslice" and "Fruited Blade."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

Eimi posted:

I mean when it comes to name translation I wish Monk got the Samurai treatment or at least more direct translations of the Japanese skill names. Like sam it should have silly levels of calling your attacks.

Leave Tornado Kick exactly as it is except add a fully voiced chuuni-as-gently caress attack call-out a la TG Cid and the skill will be 500% better.

Eox
Jun 20, 2010

by Fluffdaddy

somepartsareme posted:

ppl get mad about samurai skills having japanese names but now want to have to memorize 5 suffixes for each ability

To be fair it's easier if they're all the same five suffixes

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

I will never log offshut up.

Thundarr posted:

Leave Tornado Kick exactly as it is except add a fully voiced chuuni-as-gently caress attack call-out a la TG Cid and the skill will be 500% better.

This is an acceptable compromise.

LITERALLY MY FETISH
Nov 11, 2010

Raise Chris Coons' taxes so that we can have Medicare for All.

Fira Fira daze

*black mage touches top of hat, slides it around the edge*

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

Thundarr posted:

just straight attach one of TG Cid's attack barks at random, they'll pretty much all work

jalapeno_dude
Apr 10, 2015

FactsAreUseless posted:

They should add an optional English move set for Samurai but with really, really stupid names for attacks, like "Spitslice" and "Fruited Blade."

this might actually get me to remember the skill names

EponymousMrYar
Jan 4, 2015

The enemy of my enemy is my enemy.
Regarding the Healing change, I believe someone threw around a quote/anecdote that they/yoship weren't happy with 'large heals' going on. That might have been WHM specific though.

The obvious conclusion is less (or more expensive) healing throughput but May's when we'll have any sort of idea on that.

CeallaSo posted:

I mean, they could remove TP and then make MP a static resource the way TP currently is, i.e. "you have 10k MP and spell costs X amount, and will continue to have that cost regardless of how many levels you gain." I don't think there would be anything wrong with that.
Every spell in the game already costs a % of maximum mp. Most damage spells cost sub-1% though so it takes something silly like 300-400 casts before running out (healers are more like 100-200) without using Lucid or getting Refreshed by a bard/mch.

So there's already a system and calculations in place if they were to merge TP/MP, all that would need to be done is adjusting MP costs around the slower regen to get similar metrics.

Yapping Eevee
Nov 12, 2011

STAND TOGETHER.
FIGHT WITH HONOR.
RESTORE BALANCE.

Eevees play for free.

FactsAreUseless posted:

I too would be okay with FFXIV containing more Kamen Rider.

Tygor!
Mar 7, 2017

Someday we'll be good again. Someday.
Kind of new to the game, but really enjoying it with some family and friends. We finally hit Rank 6 in our FC and would love a house. Is this just impossible at this point (Zalera)? Twice I sat in a group of about 15 people and clicked on a sign for about 6 hours before I finally just went to bed after questioning why I'm bothering with the game. Why is this a thing? Is virtual housing hard to code?

I know people were buying lots and selling them, but honestly how hard is it to open more? Here we have new players just want a cool place to be and we just can't. Super frustrating.

Xun
Apr 25, 2010

Thing is they more than doubled the amount of housing in stormblood and on less crowded servers there's tons of open houses so they might not bother for awhile. There seems to be some issue on the server side as well because they're really concerned with storage space. Space issues gets cited for why we didn't have a glamour dresser type thing, more furniture limits, bag space, etc. Or maybe it's some conspiracy :tinfoil:

Leal
Oct 2, 2009
PS4 limitations.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

I hope they figure out what prevents them from having glamour dressers in house. I'm tired of visiting my squadron barracks or an inn room.

Givin
Jan 24, 2008
Givin of the Internet Hates You
PS4 limitations.

Gruckles
Mar 11, 2013

The server space allocated to inventory and the code for calling your glamours are arcane constructs that are not to be trifled with.

Alder
Sep 24, 2013

better male glams plz SE

my son is dying

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

I'm all for better unisex glams.

x1o
Aug 5, 2005

My focus is UNPARALLELED!

Alder posted:

better male glams plz SE

God yes please, my in-game husband is constantly sad about how their catboy will never be as fashionable as my duskwight.

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

I'm not like other posters

TheHeadSage posted:

God yes please, my in-game husband is constantly sad about how their catboy will never be as fashionable as my duskwight.

Sounds like he isn't trying very hard :smugdog:

SwissArmyDruid
Feb 14, 2014

by sebmojo
If your catboy isn't fabulous, you aren't trying hard enough.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

SwissArmyDruid posted:

If your catboy isn't fabulous, you aren't trying hard enough.

Agreed

x1o
Aug 5, 2005

My focus is UNPARALLELED!
Oh their catboy is fabulous, wouldn't have put a ring on it otherwise, but they'd like more glam options.

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

I have not spent enough time making my femroe properly fabulous, mostly because I can't be hosed with dyeing

She look good in plate tho

SwissArmyDruid
Feb 14, 2014

by sebmojo

TheHeadSage posted:

Oh their catboy is fabulous, wouldn't have put a ring on it otherwise, but they'd like more glam options.

https://twitter.com/fabledtactician/status/1115353398088482816

Great White Hope!
Nov 12, 2006

Ciaphas posted:

I have not spent enough time making my femroe properly fabulous, mostly because I can't be hosed with dyeing

She look good in plate tho

Always lookin' good in plate

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Great White Hope! posted:

Always lookin' good in plate

One of the reasons I desperately want cross-class glams is that I want to put tank armor on everything. Or Dragoon armor without having to play it.

I leveled Dragoon to 50 just for glams and I barely remember what the class even did.

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

Did someone say something about looking good in plate?

Yapping Eevee
Nov 12, 2011

STAND TOGETHER.
FIGHT WITH HONOR.
RESTORE BALANCE.

Eevees play for free.
Meanwhile, on Ultros: Experiments in 'Mom Looks'.

johnny park
Sep 15, 2009

Martman
Nov 20, 2006

Have any groups done a full set of glamours for the whole cast of Shovel Knight? Looking over them it seems mostly doable, with a few tricky ones.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Ran into a classic-style YOU DON'T PAY MY SUB honest healer giving horrible advice to new players in Sastasha. He did not appreciate being corrected.

Edit: I actually got called a "try hard" it was amazing.

The Grimace
Sep 18, 2005

Are you a BigMac of imbeciles!?
lol grats, that's like a rite of passage.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

The Grimace posted:

lol grats, that's like a rite of passage.
He tried to respond with some real incoherent poo poo about GCDs and then he said he wasn't going to heal me.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

I don't know who the Lala photobomber is, but I like how it turned out. I'm in love with this BLM outfit. The staff is the Astrolabe but it's not that clear in this picture.

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

FactsAreUseless posted:

He tried to respond with some real incoherent poo poo about GCDs and then he said he wasn't going to heal me.

I mean it's Sastasha

jigokuman
Aug 28, 2002

Donald John Trump (born June 14, 1946) is the 45th and current President of the United States. Before entering politics, he was a businessman and television personality.

FactsAreUseless posted:

One of the reasons I desperately want cross-class glams is that I want to put tank armor on everything. Or Dragoon armor without having to play it.

I leveled Dragoon to 50 just for glams and I barely remember what the class even did.

The Legacy Warrior Attire is a mogstation set that anyone can wear, is and can be dyed, but it doesn't cover the arms or head. There are plenty of options for those, though.

Yapping Eevee
Nov 12, 2011

STAND TOGETHER.
FIGHT WITH HONOR.
RESTORE BALANCE.

Eevees play for free.
Stole this for myself, thanks.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

FactsAreUseless posted:

I don't know who the Lala photobomber is, but I like how it turned out. I'm in love with this BLM outfit. The staff is the Astrolabe but it's not that clear in this picture.

It's good!

Yapping Eevee posted:

Stole this for myself, thanks.

-- JUSTICE IN SPADES --

Over There
Jun 28, 2013

by Azathoth
Page of pictures, I like it. We need more of this.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jose Valasquez
Apr 8, 2005

Here's my character