Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

JFairfax
Oct 23, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

big crush on Chad OMG posted:

From forum posts to SkySports in a day, big time stuff for our boy Shrapnig

lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BWV
Feb 24, 2005

https://twitter.com/MARCAinENGLISH/status/1114661567734386688

funkybottoms
Oct 28, 2010

Funky Bottoms is a land man

never change, Diego

sticksy
May 26, 2004
Nap Ghost

That's an expression of endearment in the Bundesliga.

Breath Ray
Nov 19, 2010
heh

HappyCamperGL
May 18, 2014

Danny Drinkwater charged with drink-driving

Not really living up to his name.

Xabi
Jan 21, 2006

Inventor of the Marmite pasty
Just realised (again) that he’s a Chelsea player. A great move.

NinpoEspiritoSanto
Oct 22, 2013

Xabi posted:

Just realised (again) that he’s a Chelsea player. A great move.

Starting to think it's some form of initiation. Remember when they only used to shoot air rifles at academy players?

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

Bundy posted:

Starting to think it's some form of initiation. Remember when they only used to shoot air rifles at academy players?

MEMORY MAN

remember when they signed Gael Kakuta and there was a big hubbub and transfer ban then it turns out he’s utter poo poo

sticksy
May 26, 2004
Nap Ghost

big crush on Chad OMG posted:

MEMORY MAN

remember when they signed Gael Kakuta and there was a big hubbub and transfer ban then it turns out he’s utter poo poo

Same but with Jon Obi Mikel who was somehow there for like a decade

sebzilla
Mar 17, 2009

Kid's blasting everything in sight with that new-fangled musket.

Choosing to read this as a combined "yo' mamma fat" and "I hosed your mam" burn as he's clearly saying "I slam on your whale mother"

Masonity
Dec 31, 2007

What, I wonder, does this hidden face of madness reveal of the makers? These K'Chain Che'Malle?

sebzilla posted:

Choosing to read this as a combined "yo' mamma fat" and "I hosed your mam" burn as he's clearly saying "I slam on your whale mother"

It's actually "I poo poo on your white mother". Racism in football has gone too far.

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

it is better if you keep saying I'm fat, as I will continue to score goals
Fun Shoe
https://twitter.com/latimes/status/1116140067393818625

XBenedict
May 23, 2006

YOUR LIPS SAY 0, BUT YOUR EYES SAY 1.

His dumb lawyer" posted:

Kotler’s suit claims the department violated his civil rights by denying the license plate.

“The 1st Amendment does not allow the DMV to serve as the arbiter of good taste,” said Kotler’s attorney, Wen Fa, who works for the Pacific Legal Foundation. “When government officials are given free rein to regulate free speech, they’ll come to conclusions that are biased, arbitrary and, in this case, flat-out wrong.”

The sale of vanity plates is a commercial enterprise. It is an optional service. Regardless of who is selling them, they have the same right of service refusal that any other business does.

RideTheSpiral
Sep 18, 2005
College Slice

XBenedict posted:

The sale of vanity plates is a commercial enterprise. It is an optional service. Regardless of who is selling them, they have the same right of service refusal that any other business does.

more incompetence from Fa

Meat Wagon
Jul 14, 2004
He sounds like a proper ambulance chaser. Who the gently caress cares that much about a dumb vanity plate? I hope he loses.

sticksy
May 26, 2004
Nap Ghost

Meat Wagon posted:

He sounds like a proper ambulance chaser. Who the gently caress cares that much about a dumb vanity plate? I hope he loses.

He's a First Amendment / freedom of speech professor, this is the kind of annoying poo poo he lives for. He'll appeal this thing until it goes to the Supreme Court and/or he dies.

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

I hope he does :twisted:

XBenedict
May 23, 2006

YOUR LIPS SAY 0, BUT YOUR EYES SAY 1.

I guess his vanity plate got relegated too. :dadjoke:

Bacon Terrorist
May 7, 2010

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

8 match ban lol

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

Bacon Terrorist posted:

8 match ban lol

Good. I’m sure they’ll appeal and it’ll be like a 2 match ban with 6 suspended or some equally meaningless punishment

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

He's apparently only scored four goals in nineteen appearances all season, not sure they'll really miss him

Crazy Ted
Jul 29, 2003

XBenedict posted:

It is pretty much perfectly "American sawker fan" for a Californian to go to court to claim that his Civil Rights are being heinously violated because he's not being allowed to buy a vanity license plate with an acronym that represents his favorite English team.

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

If you're not striving to improve, you'll end up going backwards.
Oh hey, so more Chelsea fans have been banned for doing a big racism

NinpoEspiritoSanto
Oct 22, 2013

CyberPingu posted:

Oh hey, so more Chelsea fans have been banned for doing a big racism

Huh, I thought they merely idolised Terry

Blue Star Error
Jun 11, 2001

For this recipie you will need:
Football match (Halftime of), Celebrity Owner (Motivational speaking of), Sherry (Bottle of)
https://twitter.com/ChronOnline/status/1117099479419768832

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

Colour me shocked

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

Supposedly he knocked out some teeth with a headbutt.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
Other footballers could learn something from Atsu

https://twitter.com/NUFCTheMag/status/1117738435060482048

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

Jose posted:

Edit: I guess citation doesn't mean what I thought it did

Kurtofan fucked around with this message at 13:49 on Apr 15, 2019

Brony Car
May 22, 2014

by Cyrano4747

Vegetable posted:

He's apparently only scored four goals in nineteen appearances all season, not sure they'll really miss him

I haven't seen Atletico play in a while. Maybe he fills a particular role there really well.

I thought Griezmann did most of the scoring anyway. I think Morata's doing pretty well too.

Jose posted:

That's pretty awesome.

RideTheSpiral
Sep 18, 2005
College Slice
maybe he should be using that money help a crime riddled hell hole full of wretched people with no prospects a little closer to home. hmm!

Brony Car
May 22, 2014

by Cyrano4747

RideTheSpiral posted:

maybe he should be using that money help a crime riddled hell hole full of wretched people with no prospects a little closer to home. hmm!

Why should he send money to your home?!?!

RideTheSpiral
Sep 18, 2005
College Slice

Brony Car posted:

Why should he send money to your home?!?!

Rats!!

Buggerlugs
Aug 27, 2003

"All right, Bellamy came on at Liverpool and did well, but everybody
thinks that he's the saviour, he's Jesus Christ. He's not Jesus Christ"

RideTheSpiral posted:

Cmon now, they're close to automatic promotion back to the Championship, that's uncalled for.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth
https://twitter.com/CymruEuro2020/status/1118124943420657666

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

Yeah i call bullshit. WW2 stuff is basically forced down your throat during High School history. Also you would have had to live under a loving rock to not know about any of that

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

CyberPingu posted:

Yeah i call bullshit. WW2 stuff is basically forced down your throat during High School history. Also you would have had to live under a loving rock to not know about any of that

The Welsh curriculum focuses on England as the bad guys.

And maybe he was like me and chose to do Geography instead of History from Year 9 onwards.

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

sassassin posted:

The Welsh curriculum focuses on England as the bad guys.

And maybe he was like me and chose to do Geography instead of History from Year 9 onwards.

Do you not get 2 years mandatory history when you start? Christ we learnt about WW2 in Primary School

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

and then the car turned in to fire

CyberPingu posted:

You could always be insanely stupid, like most footballers.

Not that I believe it, but it isn’t beyond the realm of possibility.