Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Brisc Rubal is a lobbyist for a union.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Loky11
Dec 12, 2006

Pull on the new flesh like borrowed gloves and burn your fingers once again
seems like internal CSM drama and :dagger: at each other

Klyith
Aug 3, 2007

GBS Pledge Week
Republicans can't help but FYGM, it's in their nature.

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

Klyith posted:

Republicans can't help but FYGM, it's in their nature.

in my experience a lobbyist for a union isnt a republican

unless he's lobbying against unions

Klyith
Aug 3, 2007

GBS Pledge Week

FAT32 SHAMER posted:

he is in the republican party

unions will hire republicans to lobby for them, they ain't picky. you hire republican lobbyists to lobby the gop, dem lobbyists to lobby dems. that's how lobbying works.

ZombieLenin
Sep 6, 2009

"Democracy for the insignificant minority, democracy for the rich--that is the democracy of capitalist society." VI Lenin

[/quote]
I like his post on the eve-o forums. In short, he is sure he did not leak anything “that could be monetized.” :allears:

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

Klyith posted:

he is in the republican party

unions will hire republicans to lobby for them, they ain't picky. you hire republican lobbyists to lobby the gop, dem lobbyists to lobby dems. that's how lobbying works.

e; yeah you right, he ran as a republican in VA lol

hoisted by my own petard agaaaaiiiiinnnnnnn

Foehammer007
Dec 7, 2011

by Pragmatica
Haha what a loving goof

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

FAT32 SHAMER posted:

I knew hella chuds in unions what are you talking about

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Does anyone know what he leaked? Was he dumping Rorquals before the nerf announcement or what? Hording PLEX?

Klyith
Aug 3, 2007

GBS Pledge Week
x

Klyith fucked around with this message at 05:25 on Sep 25, 2019

ZombieLenin
Sep 6, 2009

"Democracy for the insignificant minority, democracy for the rich--that is the democracy of capitalist society." VI Lenin

[/quote]

Rutibex posted:

Does anyone know what he leaked? Was he dumping Rorquals before the nerf announcement or what? Hording PLEX?

I think the scuttlebutt is he leaked the faction gun tech 2 ammo change, and the people who he told and got the one year ban, had just bought up billions in faction guns, then sold them when the change was announced.

Of course this is 100% based on what I read someone else post somewhere, so I do not know if that is accurate or not.

ragedx
Mar 15, 2019

Vodka is just awesome water
Seems like he just didn't take it seriously enough

NavyBlue
Dec 22, 2013

Guess where this lollipop's going?
kinda interested in seeing if getting banned from eve and csm will have real life consequences for this guy.

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

NavyBlue posted:

kinda interested in seeing if getting banned from eve and csm will have real life consequences for this guy.

If you play enough EVE to be on the CSM it's fair to say this will likely take a large toll on his social life.

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

NavyBlue posted:

Lol

Morkfang
Dec 9, 2009

I'm awesome.
:smug:

Why are you laughing?

Mr. Pickles
Mar 19, 2014

CCP regulating lobbying, like 13 years too late. To me this game died the day they decided to let the dudes who owned BPOs keep their BPOs, after removing BPOs from the game. When was it, I don't even remember.

Mr. Pickles
Mar 19, 2014

:ccp:

Ugh motherfucker no, this makes 0 sense. How can an INGAME TRANSACTION be illicit, especially in this game created specifically to facilitate illicit transactions (scams) between players. Consequently there can be only 1 explanation to this: CCP are bad people

Mr. Pickles fucked around with this message at 13:45 on Apr 9, 2019

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

Mr. Pickles posted:

CCP regulating lobbying, like 13 years too late. To me this game died the day they decided to let the dudes who owned BPOs keep their BPOs, after removing BPOs from the game. When was it, I don't even remember.

That's kind of a weird hill there. Tech 2 BPOS have very little impact these days. I mean, they'd be nice to have but researchd BPCs let you have fewer materials in the build.

ZombieLenin
Sep 6, 2009

[/quote]

CainFortea posted:

That's kind of a weird hill there. Tech 2 BPOS have very little impact these days. I mean, they'd be nice to have but researchd BPCs let you have fewer materials in the build.

Don’t researches BPOs do that too? Could you not research tech 2 BPOs?

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

Do you want your breadcrumbs highlighted?

~SMcD

ZombieLenin posted:

You can. The advantage of a Tech 2 BPO is that it will have between 5 and 10% more materials reduction than an invented BPC (depending on what decryptor you use for the corresponding invention job.) The downside is that they're slow to copy and that you generally don't have a ton of Tech 2 BPOs, which limits how many runs you can perform using your BPO. An inventor is limited only by his industry stable and quantity > quality in Eve not just in spaceship combat, but industry as well. T2 BPOs confer an advantage, but not one that makes a particularly large amount of money.

It wasn't always this way. Today, invented BPCs default to an ME of 2 (of a maximum of 10.) However, before the Crius expansion overhauled invention, invented BPCs defaulted to ME -2. That doesn't sound that bad, until you learn that a negative ME reduces the material efficiency of a BPC not by -1% per level, but -25% per level. So, depending on which decryptors were used, any inventor required between 0% to 100% more materials than an unresearched T2 BPO.

Xae
Jan 19, 2005

ZombieLenin posted:

The TL;DR is that t2 bpos are ever so slightly more efficient than invention, but super low volume.

With invention you can poo poo out a hundred times the volume for drat near no cost compared to the market value of a t2 bpo.

So the "correct" thing to do is selling the t2 bpo and use the isk for more characters/accounts for more throughput.

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Mr. Pickles posted:

They never removed T2 BPOs. T2 BPO were always supposed to be a limited run lottery. The problem was the lottery was rigged in favor of BoB CCP insiders :argh:

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

Morkfang posted:

Why are you laughing?

He’s a lawyer and now he has to tell the state bar he broke a corporate NDA

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

EVE ONLINE IS MY ENTIRE PERSONALITY BECAUSE IM A FRIENDLESS SEMILITERATE LOSER WHO WILL PEDANTICALLY DEMAND PROOF FOR BASIC THINGS LIKE GRAVITY OR THE EXISTENCE OF SELF. ASK ME ABOUT CHEATING AT TARKOV BECAUSE, WELL, SEE ABOVE

Luigi Thirty posted:

he doesn't if he didn't

Maneck
Sep 11, 2011

Luigi Thirty posted:

Probably he does not.

Also, are we taking CCP investigations as gospel again? They banned a completely random guy over the monument vandalism for the crime of having registered a character name that was the same/similar as a handle used by one of the vandals.

Klyith
Aug 3, 2007

GBS Pledge Week
Also the changes to industry over the years have continued to gently caress the T2 BPO advantage. Combo of no remote blueprint use and citadels means that using your super-valuable T2 ME10/TE10 BPO in the safety of NPC stations is only a fraction more value than invented BPCs. Putting your BPO in a citadel to regain your advantage means putting it at risk, since citadels drop in-use blueprints when they die.

I recall hearing that the only T2 BPOs that really matter, as far as blocking out competition with invention, were basic T2 mods and that type of poo poo. And that this is a good thing because needing to do invention on that stuff would be max tedious.

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

~SMcD

Klyith posted:

Putting your BPO in a citadel to regain your advantage means putting it at risk, since citadels drop in-use blueprints when they die.

Actually, it's the opposite. BPOs can never drop or be destroyed from having an engineering complex bite it while they're in the middle of a job. They always go to asset safety.

Cobbsprite
May 6, 2012

Threatening stuffed animals for fun and profit.

Gwyneth Palpate posted:

Actually, it's the opposite. BPOs can never drop or be destroyed from having an engineering complex bite it while they're in the middle of a job. They always go to asset safety.

Unless you're wormholin

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

~SMcD

Cobbsprite posted:

Unless you're wormholin

for that's it's a non-issue, wormholers can't even afford to replace falcons let alone have expensive BPOs

Ynglaur
Oct 9, 2013

The Malta Conference, anyone?

Klyith posted:

Also the changes to industry over the years have continued to gently caress the T2 BPO advantage. Combo of no remote blueprint use and citadels means that using your super-valuable T2 ME10/TE10 BPO in the safety of NPC stations is only a fraction more value than invented BPCs. Putting your BPO in a citadel to regain your advantage means putting it at risk, since citadels drop in-use blueprints when they die.

I recall hearing that the only T2 BPOs that really matter, as far as blocking out competition with invention, were basic T2 mods and that type of poo poo. And that this is a good thing because needing to do invention on that stuff would be max tedious.

Well that explains why my T2 mod margins suck...

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

"Stand back, Ottawan ruffian, or face my lumens!"
One of the dumbest things I ever did in EVE was sell *both* of the T2 BPOs (Ogre and Praetor II) I won. I probably could've bought myself a faction titan or two with them today, but back then they weren't fun to produce off of, and it's not like earning isk is difficult.

If I still had them I'd have likely just given them to the alliance to make cheap ratting drones for Delve. ~Oh well~.

Dalael
Oct 14, 2014
Hello. Yep, I still think Atlantis is Bolivia, yep, I'm still a giant idiot, yep, I'm still a huge racist. Some things never change!

Gwyneth Palpate posted:

for that's it's a non-issue, wormholers can't even afford to replace falcons let alone have expensive BPOs

They should try to SRP one for giggles

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

EVE ONLINE IS MY ENTIRE PERSONALITY BECAUSE IM A FRIENDLESS SEMILITERATE LOSER WHO WILL PEDANTICALLY DEMAND PROOF FOR BASIC THINGS LIKE GRAVITY OR THE EXISTENCE OF SELF. ASK ME ABOUT CHEATING AT TARKOV BECAUSE, WELL, SEE ABOVE

Maneck posted:

Probably he does not.

Also, are we taking CCP investigations as gospel again? They banned a completely random guy over the monument vandalism for the crime of having registered a character name that was the same/similar as a handle used by one of the vandals.

it's surprising how many veteran people forget the total bullshit that is ccp's security team is, like you've been playing since 2010 and you still don't know that a lot of the time on high profile incidents they're total dogshit?

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

remember when they banned 80 people because of the bonus room fiasco?

it was only when James 315 pbuh made a 15 page essay that CCP realized "Hey, we can't just ban an entire chat room because 3 people did weird stuff in it" and unbanned the majority of the people they banned, who 90% were literal scam VICTIMS from previous bonus rooms

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

1001 Arabian dicks posted:

it was only when James 315 pbuh made a 15 page essay that CCP realized "Hey, we can't just ban an entire chat room because 3 people did weird stuff in it" and unbanned the majority of the people they banned, who 90% were literal scam VICTIMS from previous bonus rooms

"If there was crime, there should be punishment. If the specific criminal should be involved in the punishment process then this was a happy accident, but if not then any criminal would do, and since everyone was undoubtedly guilty of something, the net result was that, in general terms, justice was done." -Men at Arms, Terry Pratchett

Zazz Razzamatazz
Apr 19, 2016

by sebmojo

1001 Arabian dicks posted:

Hey, I'm in the 10%!

Also, :ccp: sucks.

Dalael
Oct 14, 2014
Hello. Yep, I still think Atlantis is Bolivia, yep, I'm still a giant idiot, yep, I'm still a huge racist. Some things never change!

Facebook Aunt posted:

"If there was crime, there should be punishment. If the specific criminal should be involved in the punishment process then this was a happy accident, but if not then any criminal would do, and since everyone was undoubtedly guilty of something, the net result was that, in general terms, justice was done." -Men at Arms, Terry Pratchett

I would give 10 years of my life to bring this man back for just 1

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Klyith
Aug 3, 2007

GBS Pledge Week

Gwyneth Palpate posted:

Woah, really? What about the bug when T2 BPOs were dropping from citadel wrecks, early in the citadels rollout? I thought that was because the in-use blueprints were supposed to drop, and the bug was that sometimes they were dropping a T2 version of the same BP?

I got the totally wrong idea from that I guess.