Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

beanieson
Sep 25, 2008

I had the opportunity to change literally anything about the world and I used it to get a new av

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

It's at the dealer right this moment! They're adamant they can fix it, at no charge, which is nice.

If not, our insurance has already duked it out and he's committed to any repair costs + reimbursing my deductible :toot:

How’d you manage that

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
The dealer just seems to kick a lot of rear end.

I called to ask for a curb repair recommendation -> they repaired it in-house for free

I asked for a recommendation on front license plate solutions -> they mailed me a locally made towhook-mount one

Makes up for them stealing my hat, I guess

Deadguy2322
Dec 16, 2017

Greatness Awaits

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

The dealer just seems to kick a lot of rear end.

I called to ask for a curb repair recommendation -> they repaired it in-house for free

I asked for a recommendation on front license plate solutions -> they mailed me a locally made towhook-mount one

Makes up for them stealing my hat, I guess

I’m so glad to live somewhere we don’t use front plates! Doesn’t really make up for the lovely dollar, but at least my cars look good!

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog

Deadguy2322 posted:

I’m so glad to live somewhere we don’t use front plates! Doesn’t really make up for the lovely dollar, but at least my cars look good!

Oh dude it looks like poo poo.

(pic not mine)

It's just for the rare times I need to park in a metered parking area. You don't get pulled over for no front plate in Oregon, but you'll get a ticket from the first meter maid that walks by.

Keyser_Soze
May 5, 2009

Pillbug
The red light camera operators are the ones pushing for those things because they have to capture your face along with your front license plate.

rscott
Dec 10, 2009
No front plate is one of about three good things Kansas has going for it

Alarbus
Mar 31, 2010
Yeah, PA has poo poo road quality, but no front plate.

KOTEX GOD OF BLOOD
Jul 7, 2012

xposting

https://boston.craigslist.org/gbs/ctd/d/attleboro-bmw-633csi-5-speed-e24-one/6859643055.html

e: oh aaaand this too https://portland.craigslist.org/mlt/ctd/d/portland-2002-bmw-m3-6spd-hard-top/6842627796.html

KOTEX GOD OF BLOOD fucked around with this message at 03:00 on Apr 9, 2019

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
That m3 is two miles away from me. Someone I know is GOING to buy it.

52k miles Holy crap

KOTEX GOD OF BLOOD
Jul 7, 2012

It's just so clean and unmolested and it has a manual trans and hhhnnnnffff

BlackMK4
Aug 23, 2006

wat.
Megamarm
It is a convertible, set it on fire then put the entire contents of the front and rear subframe into a zhp

Somewhat Heroic
Oct 11, 2007

(Insert Mad Max related text)

BlackMK4 posted:

It is a convertible, set it on fire then put the entire contents of the front and rear subframe into a zhp

:emptyquote: in a sea of one thousand convertibles there are five people that want one. Don’t be one of those five.

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
Buncha boring Dads in here. Convertibles are great!

Tops come down when the top goes down

*does a burnout in the Outback Steakhouse parking lot and gets pulled over*

BlackMK4
Aug 23, 2006

wat.
Megamarm
only acceptable time to buy a convertible is if the car you want doesn't come with a fixed roof :v:

beanieson
Sep 25, 2008

I had the opportunity to change literally anything about the world and I used it to get a new av
Yea, roadsters like the mx-5, z3, mgb or whatever are one thing. Those are cool. But a convertible version of a coupe has never appealed to me 🤷🏻‍♂️

Cobalt60
Jun 1, 2006
PNW people who prefer convertibles are true sociopaths and should always be avoided

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

Seize their hard drives. Absolute wrong uns

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog

Cobalt60 posted:

PNW people who prefer convertibles are true sociopaths and should always be avoided

A 2nd or 3rd car should be as impractical as possible, IMHO :colbert:

Combat Theory
Jul 16, 2017

BlackMK4 posted:

:bisonyes:

Imagine you aren't just replacing your con rod bearings every 60k miles but your overly complicated roof hydraulics too! Amazing.

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost

Bape Culture posted:

Seize their hard drives. Absolute wrong uns
even though this man owns 46 too few E's, we are kindred spirits.

A convertible M3 lmao holy poo poo gently caress off. Buy a NA Miata if you want to get sunburned when you drive, who needs a floppy car that's actually fast??

BlackMK4 posted:

No no no, you don't see - it's 1 of 1 "Hard Top Coupe" E46 M3's. So presumably the convertible roof is already fuckered and they glued this on top of it rather than fixing it? Why?

SlapActionJackson
Jul 27, 2006

Ether Frenzy posted:

A convertible M3 lmao holy poo poo gently caress off. Buy a NA Miata if you want to get sunburned when you drive, who needs a floppy car that's actually fast??

If you want to get sunburned when you drive, why settle for a car that loses drag races to dump trucks?

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost
I said an NA Miata, not a FR-S with a sunroof.

Being 2200 pounds with driver and fluids isn't bad for 131 hp. My biggest concern is being quicker than people expect and having my 12' long and 4' high car not be noticed. So I drive the Miata more conservatively.

You're going to lose stoplight drag races to 2018 Camrys in an e46 M3 unless you "blow" up your "original" engine and install an LSx like Bape did. Throw in the 75% less structural rigidity by losing the roof on a car not designed to be convert only and you might as well be driving a 330i that is decently appointed, despite the shame that having a "couldn't afford the M3" model car gives, as much as you tell yourself the tune makes it as good since it wins in 30' drag races. Throw an M3 hood on it and see if M3 guys rev their engines at you when you drive by with your 330i fenders and back bumper. Spoiler: Yes

An E92 M3 convert at least sounds like a dump truck, gronking rear LSD and all, and can beat most 2018 SUV's off the line to 60mph... but... you lose a lot with the loss of 78% of the car's lateral rigidity and adding 700 pounds of convertible mechanics, and I'd rather get an honest E46 Coupe with a lovely 1990's SMG than a drop top with a manual if you're going E46.

The carbon fibre roof on the E92 coupe is like 60% of the car's overall "M" factor. The racecar engine that sounds like it needs fixing all the time to Camry drivers is the other 40% of sportscar ownership, the bonus to the E92 is that they solved most of the dumb poo poo the E46 was 5 years too early for (GDCS, rear subframe being made out of cheese), they just made the rod bearings too tight a tolerance since they were going for "Racecar: Don't ever use the brakes, they're expensive. Engine brake since the motor's rigidity is 10000%" and a $2500 prophylactic repair on a car that can hang with Gallardos, Murcielagos, most 'Vettes and V8 R8's, ain't bad.

Ether Frenzy fucked around with this message at 14:07 on Apr 9, 2019

Residency Evil
Jul 28, 2003

4/5 godo... Schumi

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

A 2nd or 3rd car should be as impractical as possible, IMHO :colbert:

This is what stopped me from buying an e90 m3. Seemed like a pain to use a high strung V8 as a daily/beater, and why not get something with two doors?

Combat Theory
Jul 16, 2017

Caring about stoplight duels... you might just as well get a tesla and accept :elongate: as your lord and savior of torque.

E: also yes the carbon roof is a big part of the M3 deal and worth even skipping a sunroof. Skipping a convertible is not optional though but mandatory.

Combat Theory fucked around with this message at 16:35 on Apr 9, 2019

gvibes
Jan 18, 2010

Leading us to the promised land (i.e., one tournament win in five years)

Residency Evil posted:

This is what stopped me from buying an e90 m3. Seemed like a pain to use a high strung V8 as a daily/beater, and why not get something with two doors?
Put car seats in your E90 M3 and drive it every day, like me.

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog

Combat Theory posted:

:bisonyes:

Imagine you aren't just replacing your con rod bearings every 60k miles but your overly complicated roof hydraulics too! Amazing.

The worst part is constantly having to treat the leather on the passenger seat

El Scandelouse
Jan 10, 2003

Love, Drunkchat.

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

The worst part is constantly having to treat the leather on the passenger seat

You could get a real doll for that.

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
Carpool Lane, here I come!!

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene
New to the thread but I have a Bwm convertible and pussy juice is a real issue

El Scandelouse
Jan 10, 2003

Love, Drunkchat.

A Buff Gay Dude posted:

New to the thread but I have a Bwm convertible and pussy juice is a real issue

Can confirm. I borrowed my moms 330 convertible for prom years ago. Had to hose out the interior.

KYOON GRIFFEY JR
Apr 12, 2010

Runner-up, TRP Sack Race 2021/22
didn't some dude have pussy shrapnel in his infiniti

BlackMK4
Aug 23, 2006

wat.
Megamarm
it fucks me up when peoples avatars change since that is how i identify who people are half the time

beanieson
Sep 25, 2008

KYOON GRIFFEY JR posted:

Pussy.... shrapnel 🤔

rscott
Dec 10, 2009
Wasn't that the guy with the 40k Altima?

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
When the pussy is sufficiently bomb, it has shrapnel instead of juices

KOTEX GOD OF BLOOD
Jul 7, 2012

beanieson posted:

Pussy.... shrapnel 🤔

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene

KYOON GRIFFEY JR posted:

That’s me I’ve had some bomb rear end pussy in my m6 convertible

Mr. Apollo
Nov 8, 2000

KYOON GRIFFEY JR posted:

Lexus IS-F.

Somewhat Heroic
Oct 11, 2007

(Insert Mad Max related text)

Mr. Apollo posted:

Lexus IS-F.

You are correct

EDIT: good grief that reference is as old as my daughter.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene

Somewhat Heroic posted:

You are correct

EDIT: good grief that reference is as old as my daughter.

Bruh that’s a real issue don’t make light of it