Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

Archenteron posted:

Because Canadians need to know that?

I mean, I'm Brazilian and I know about segregation, that's a way wider cultural chasm and I'd be pretty surprised to meet a North American that didn't know about it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nalesh
Jun 9, 2010

What did the grandma say to the frog?

Something racist, probably.

scary ghost dog posted:

let the man play on hard mode

He gets confused by basic directions, his life is hardmode.

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

scary ghost dog posted:

let the man play on hard mode

Sounds like that may go against the artists original vision

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

Archenteron posted:

Because Canadians need to know that?

I mean...kinda? Unless curriculums have changed I'm certain it comes up in school.

Brightman
Feb 24, 2005

I've seen fun you people wouldn't believe.
Tiki torches on fire off the summit of Kilauea.
I watched disco balls glitter in the dark near the Brandenburg Gate.
All those moments will be lost in time, like crowds in rain.

Time to sleep.

Nalesh posted:

He gets confused by basic directions, his life is hardmode.

Was watching his second Sekiro stream last night and he said something like "okay, I should've gone left there" when he had and he should've gone right. Guessing everyone else is going off the youtube videos, like he figures combat out and it starts clicking but at the rate those videos come out it's gonna be a decent while.

Your Parents
Jul 19, 2017

by R. Guyovich

Brightman posted:

Was watching his second Sekiro stream last night and he said something like "okay, I should've gone left there" when he had and he should've gone right. Guessing everyone else is going off the youtube videos, like he figures combat out and it starts clicking but at the rate those videos come out it's gonna be a decent while.

Directional dyslexia is a specific issue with Woolie. He can navigate normally for the most part but has issues with left and right.

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.
I had a friend with that same problem and we literally taped post it notes to the sides of the tv when he was playing

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Me and my mom both have it too

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
My brain has a hard time dealing with directions too, it's why I like games with good minimaps.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Dias posted:

My brain has a hard time dealing with directions too, it's why I like games with good minimaps.

I have no problem with my directions though. Like, it's only a problem if I have to describe something as left or right to someone else or someone else tells me to go left or right. I know where I'm going perfectly well.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

Andrast posted:

I have no idea with my directions though. Like, it's only a problem if I have to describe something as left or right to someone else. I know where I'm going perfectly well.

I have no issues with left/right, but don't ask me for specific directions ever. A girl wanted to know where were the ATMs on my college's campus, and despite being perfectly able to go there by myself, I couldn't conjure a mental map at all. My spatial reasoning is Incredibly hosed Up so Woolz is my spirit animal.

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.
I don't have a problem with left right but for some reason east/west always fucks me

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

As far as I'm concerned anyone who naturally knows left from right is a freak

it's just not right

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

Why does Woolie still dress up like an Akatsuki when he should dress as Ronorora Zoro

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

It's really simple to keep track of this, guys.

Left is Ebony and Right is Ivory and Devil Bringer.

Brightman
Feb 24, 2005

I've seen fun you people wouldn't believe.
Tiki torches on fire off the summit of Kilauea.
I watched disco balls glitter in the dark near the Brandenburg Gate.
All those moments will be lost in time, like crowds in rain.

Time to sleep.

Your Parents posted:

Directional dyslexia is a specific issue with Woolie. He can navigate normally for the most part but has issues with left and right.

Hence the usage of Port and Starboard but he was acting like he had overcome it for a bit there I think. I feel like it would be easier to do while playing games since you're holding an example in your hand unless you get left/right trigger/stick mixed up all the time, idk.

I have no problem with directions and generally map out whole areas in my brain, if the map is super large it can take a while though and I usually rely on waypoints and poo poo (like in GTA5 for example), but I have some friends that have Aphantasia (can't think in pictures at all) and they simple cannot do that at all.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

https://twitter.com/yungvidya/status/1107023591290236928?s=09

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

Where does the monster meme come from

Adeline Weishaupt
Oct 16, 2013

by Lowtax

Oxyclean posted:

I mean...kinda? Unless curriculums have changed I'm certain it comes up in school.

In my province it never came up in social studies; but with the amount of exposure to American culture and media, you'd have to live under a rock to be ignorant about Segregation and Black American History.

Though Black Canadian History begins and ends with "we were the one of the places where a lot of slaves settled after the underground railroad, and we're very racist not racist."

Big Scary Owl
Oct 1, 2014

by Fluffdaddy
I love that there's still another episode left for the DMC5 LP so we can see Woolie enjoy the last fight even more. Have they said if they're gonna do a bonus Bloody Palace video?

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Oh is it about to finish? Perfect, I just started the lp earlier, so I can just binge the while thing then

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

https://twitter.com/NickolaiBoulton/status/1113864577039495169

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
pat's shovel knight stream is worth a gander if for nothing else than to watch him fail spectacularly, repeatedly, at the very first level. not the first boss, the intro level.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HeSy7hdWjgo&hd=1

Its Coke
Oct 29, 2018

Mystic Mongol posted:

Emotional appeals? I'll give you a loving emotional appeal, you miserable poo poo.

I knew a woman who died. Bone cancer, lung cancer, a different bone cancer somehow, obesity, and also some sort of muscular distrophy I don't know the details of, all at the age of seventy. She died real slow--she spent the last year in her apartment, being cared for by her husband, unable to leave. She had good days and bad days, and on the good days she would fade in and out. She couldn't hold a book up to read it, which was hell for a writer. She couldn't watch television because she missed too much of the plot. She couldn't go places. The long, shouting arguments spirited debates she liked to engage in were entirely too exhausting. She couldn't enjoy the foods that made her so goddamn fat. She certainly couldn't write any more.

But she could still play video games. Skyrim moved at exactly her pace. When she was active, she could play the games she'd loved since before most of us goons were born. And when she faded, or drifted off, or when holding the controller limply in her lap was too much, that was fine. Accessibility settings had left her character invincible. Dialog didn't auto-proceed, so if she got tired part way through a conversation, it would patiently wait for her to come back. Combat, travel, inventory management, all of it would advance only when she was there. She spent the end of her life fighting the Draughr.

She was lucky--Skyrim was a game that would accommodate her. If she had been playing one of Hidetaka Miyazaki's games, he wouldn't have allowed her to ruin his artistic vision, and a dying old woman would have been stripped of one of the few pleasures she still had. So Hidetake Miyazaki can go gently caress himself.

And if you want to say she wasn't playing the game right, you can go gently caress yourself too.

lol

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

i think we should all fight matt

MaxDuo
Aug 13, 2010
I'm about a week behind on youtube. I still have Devil May Cry V and RE2make to watch. Knowing that Devil May Cry V ends is sad for me. I really miss any of the 2BF people working together. Pat and Woolie together are some of my favorites (though Pat + Matt was still fun at times... sad to think that they are really soured on each other now....... surprise of the century to say that, I know). Woolie + anyone else isn't the same. I know they are all doing their own solo things.... but would be nice to see more tag team action.

Though after a week I'll be married, then on a honeymoon for a week. Considering I'm already a week behind on all my subs............tons of team up videos / videos I'm super interested in might not work so well for me.

Also fun to notice today that I still never finished last week's podcast due to getting it late and listening to others.... and Woolie tweeted that he was out of town with FAMILY family (family...family....) and the podcast would be a week late. They keep on giving!

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
This DMC spoiler segment is painful. Pat's been legit arguing that Vergil didn't kill or do anything wrong for the past 10 minutes.

Nalesh
Jun 9, 2010

What did the grandma say to the frog?

Something racist, probably.

Tae posted:

This DMC spoiler segment is painful. Pat's been legit arguing that Vergil didn't kill or do anything wrong for the past 10 minutes.

You sound surprised.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Tae posted:

I mean did he

Urizen is very clearly not vergil despite being born from him. The scene where he monches the tree of might is made specifically to have him go "I have no idea what the gently caress this place is or anything other than I hate you Dante specifically"
I mean in the side material if we wanna count splits V apparently spent all his time saving as many innocent lives as he possibly could with his crumbling body with a strict protect the weak mindset.

Vergil appears and just broods on a space tree

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

Who did Vergil kill, personally, with his own hands, that wasn't a pure demon?

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
It's been 3 and a half hours.

They're just starting the news.

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

Capped in at just under 5 hours.

What an amazing podcast, please talk about Isekai Quartet or more Kaguya soon.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

You'd never see this coming

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YgvbTjqlngQ

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Just for clarity this guy is a piece of poo poo and stole it from Lythero using @download_this or whatever the twitter bot is called.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

Just for clarity this guy is a piece of poo poo and stole it from Lythero using @download_this or whatever the twitter bot is called.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
5:00:15

I feel like sometimes Matt has moments of doubt on the break up, then he looks up what's going on in the podcast and bows never to look back.

a cartoon duck
Sep 5, 2011

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

I mean did he

The demon tower nonsense in DMC3 probably killed some people. The city in DMC3 always felt weirdly deserted to avoid addressing this subject, though.

As far as DMC5 goes, even if you consider Urizen a completely separate entity from Vergil, Urizen's creation was the explicit purpose of his whole demon/human separation business. Urizen only exists because Vergil wanted him to exist, in the exist way he exists, so I'd say Vergil is pretty culpable for everything Urizen does.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
https://clips.twitch.tv/SparklingPowerfulBibimbapSoonerLater