Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

tuo
Jun 17, 2016

Theophany posted:

I used to think Vettel's poo poo performance that season was a ploy to get out of his Red Bull contract, which allegedly had performance-related get-outs for him. However, evidence has since come to light that he is in fact a fraudulent pissbaby who spins like our very own track day bro!

Yeah, but Vettel manages to spin with good tyres.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
https://twitter.com/JeanTodt/status/1115599640382984192?s=19

Chills

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

SUCCHIAMI IL MIO CAZZO DA DIETRO, RANA RAGAZZO

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

Skills

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000
Max did nothing wrong

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Who hasnt had sex with a nazi. I mean honestly.

zelah
Dec 1, 2004

Diabetes, you are not invited to my pizza party.
Does a woman who thinks that Spain did Latin America a favor by colonizing it count?

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Si

Khablam
Mar 29, 2012

They're both looking at a single drop of sweat on the photographer.
"Ch.. charlie would red flag that" Max sniffles out
"Only if we needed it, old friend" Jean said warmly

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

https://twitter.com/McLarenIndy/status/1115650446323081217

Rhopunzel
Jan 6, 2006

Stroll together, win together

im the sideways man the sideways man, i can walk sideways fast as u can, i can walk sideways fast as u can, sideways man the sideways man

-fernando alonso, 2019

GramCracker
Oct 8, 2005

beauty by stroll

How owns, he can 9 degree me any day

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

Lmao at the idea of him actually winning Indy

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

He was in 6th or 7th when the engine blew two years ago.

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

He's already won my heart, op

NtotheTC
Dec 31, 2007

Alonso is going to hit the t4 wall hard this year. Preemptive RIP

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

Thanks Ants posted:

He's already won my heart, op

Last place

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

Probate me 4 a month if failed binboi Alonslow wins the 500 this year :toxx:

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Keep that second rate racing league out of the oficial Scuderia Ferrari Mission Win Now thread

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

DoctorGonzo posted:

Keep that second rate racing league out of the oficial Scuderia Ferrari Mission Win Now thread

Agreed! only MotoGP talk from this post forward.

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

1500quidpoocati posted:

Probate me 4 a month if failed binboi Alonslow wins the 500 this year :toxx:

such bravery

Frond
Mar 12, 2018

1500quidpoocati posted:

They also don’t have Andretti to lean on.

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000

Big Huski Boi posted:

He was in 6th or 7th when the engine blew two years ago.
Was that the time Sato won? Because I'm pretty sure Chilton finished 4th in that race

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

Max Chilton was the second least fraudulent British driver after Button since 2007.

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

I'm pretty sure Max Chilton has never made a mistake in his entire racing career

djssniper
Jan 10, 2003

DoctorGonzo posted:

Who hasnt had sex with a nazi. I mean honestly.
Legally, Max

td4guy
Jun 13, 2005

I always hated that guy.

1500quidpoocati posted:

Agreed! only MotoGP talk from this post forward.
Did you guys know that this was a thing?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uwb2Gssg9Qo

quote:

GP Bikes by Piboso is the only motorcycle simulation which does the steering realistically because you directly control the in-game handlebars with your inputs and the movement of the VR headset is used to control the balance of the rider.

djssniper
Jan 10, 2003

td4guy posted:

That's pretty awesome, really gives a feel

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

td4guy posted:

That's awesome. We were talking in the sim racing thread awhile back about how VR Moto wasn't really a thing because it was harder to do then cars.

That's a fanatec motor with a custom wheel, they should really sell a handlebar setup.

The problem though is you really need whatever you're sitting on to push you back up to the middle based on how you're turning the bike, so that requires some serious motors.

But there's expensive motion platforms for sim racing, you'd think there'd definitely be a niche audience for motorcycle sim equipment. And I guess there's at least one now!

Custard Undies
Jan 7, 2006

#essereFerrari

My friend who seems to have gone Semi Pro racing cars has been using, and I believe partly sponsored by, a driving VR company. Their setup looks really cool and I would love to give it a go one day.

Tsaedje
May 11, 2007

BRAWNY BUTTONS 4 LYFE
I will not countenance Max Chilton being considered anything other than complete poo poo, even in jest

Alonso has the same chance of winning the Indy 500 as any other driver who is lucky enough to have pitted just before the final yellow flag of the race

Astoundingly Ugly Baby
Mar 22, 2006

"...crying bitch cave bitch boy."
- Anonymous Facebook user

1500quidpoocati posted:

I was seriously bummed when his engine blew in 2017. Like, after all the Honda bullshit in F1 and then he tries the 500 and his fuckin’ Honda engine blows. First Indy 500 I’d ever watched.

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
i watched the alonso indy with my parents and everyone was sad when is engine died

also what the gently caress this loving av is trying to say, i dont understand it.

im not gay

Diet Crack
Jan 15, 2001

Oh so there will be a Dutch GP at Zandvoort

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari

Diet Crack posted:

Oh so there will be a Dutch GP at Zandvoort

They've been desperately trying to get a Dutch GP ever since Max won on his debut for Red Bull. It's kind of overdue.

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000
If ever there was a massive fanbase raw and untapped, ready to be recruited in colossal numbers into the ranks of F1 enthusiasts, it's the Dutch

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester posted:

If ever there was a massive fanbase raw and untapped, ready to be recruited in colossal numbers into the ranks of F1 enthusiasts, it's the Dutch

Unironically, yes, considering there's loving entire swarms of them at almost every single race since Max showed up.

Diet Crack
Jan 15, 2001

Well they've apparently signed a 5 year deal to join Hanoi on the 2020 calendar (or 2021)

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000
And almost limitless numbers waiting behind them. The modern tech and industrial interests like Google and GM see China and India as the markets of the future, but they're fools. They don't see the vast expanse of the low countries and that oversight will be their undoing

Custard Undies
Jan 7, 2006

#essereFerrari

The Dutch only show up because Jos threatened to beat Max more if they didn't.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Schlesische
Jul 4, 2012

Wirth1000 posted:

Unironically, yes, considering there's loving entire swarms of them at almost every single race since Max showed up.

Just because they're a possible fan base doesn't mean we should cater to them.
I for one am in full support of just flooding the Netherlands and doing away with that problem. Then Max can go back to being the Belgian that he is and we can not have swathes of annoying fucks wearing orange at every loving race.

Also it looks like Silverstone is returning which means even more of one of the most garbage tracks in one of the most garbage countries.

This is not a good news day.