Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:

homeless snail posted:

a rube that that thinks the exit sign is high art,

:thunk:

Andy Warhol says, "Hi."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Knorth
Aug 19, 2014

Buglord

homeless snail posted:

That's not gatekeeping, it just isn't much fun to go an art gallery with a rube that that thinks the exit sign is high art, much in the same way it isn't much fun to get held up by someone meticulously considering the merits of a white drop that's gonna get replaced 30 seconds later.

Except that's not true

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Knorth posted:

Except that's not true
Okay, except for the guy that said he wasn't having fun playing with his friends that do that, so I guess it's true for him?

Knorth
Aug 19, 2014

Buglord
No I meant the art thing

Like I don't enjoy any part of D3 but just lol that 'having a miserable time playing a video game with my friends because they're just playing the game instead of being high level powergamer like me' is apparently a sympathetic position for people here

Knorth fucked around with this message at 00:36 on Apr 10, 2019

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
What kind of nerd even has friends to play with

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer

A GLISTENING HODOR posted:

What kind of nerd even has friends to play with

now we're talking

Waffle!
Aug 6, 2004

I Feel Pretty!

My Diablo murder train only stops for orange and green loot. Everything else is salvage trash and deserves to be treated as such. Having a legendary sword pop out of some random pots is peak Diablo though.

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Knorth posted:

Maybe if you're a tedious nerd

Aren't the ones who inspect every piece of worthless crap being the tedious ones?

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer
to be serious for a minute though I understand the issue and I know it's frustrating - I was on the opposite end of the problem back when I first played Diablo 3, my friend wanted to play it with me but I like taking my time with games and she just wanted to blaze through it as fast as possible. either way, one of us wasn't going to have fun so we did the sensible thing and didn't play it together after all.

I played through the story, talked to all the npcs, inspected all the loot and so on until I had my fill, probably a good couple of dozen hours of enjoyment, then when I reached the endgame and wanted to go fast too we played together. the end

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

Golly damnit if I can play Skyrim in cardboard VR then I don't see what us nerds are arguing about

Guilty
May 3, 2003
Ask me about how people having a bad reaction to MSG makes them racist, because I've never heard of gluten sensitivity
The loot inspection is made even worse in d3 because only one person at a time can open the menus so god forbid four people need to check their inventories, much less two

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Guilty posted:

The loot inspection is made even worse in d3 because only one person at a time can open the menus so god forbid four people need to check their inventories, much less two
The quick loot menu is really good though, you just press down on the dpad when you pick up garbage and it automatically throws it in the trash can

Tall Tale Teller
May 20, 2003
Grave? Shovel! Let's go.

Saxophone posted:

How is Skyrim on the switch? I've played it like crazy on the PC. I've got a family trip coming up with like 20 hours of car time to and from.

Hey yo, like someone else said, it’s standard unmodded Skyrim with all the DLC, but on the Switch.

So that means it’s loving great. I bought it (for the third time) when I bought the Switch and regretted nothing. Play it in bed. Play it on the can. Be a dinosaur who lives in a dorm at hogwarts.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

The master sword is in a cave up by Parthunax.

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
https://twitter.com/Wario64/status/1115766274078806016

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

I have just preemptively killed myself.

asecondduck
Feb 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

Saxophone posted:

How is Skyrim on the switch? I've played it like crazy on the PC. I've got a family trip coming up with like 20 hours of car time to and from.

It's Vanilla Skyrim, warts and all.

I played 70 hours of it without starting the main quest, a decent chunk of which was in portable mode.

I didn't try horse tilting but I bet it's in there.

Imagined
Feb 2, 2007

Imagined fucked around with this message at 02:09 on Apr 10, 2019

FastestGunAlive
Apr 7, 2010

Dancing palm tree.

Knorth posted:

No I meant the art thing

Like I don't enjoy any part of D3 but just lol that 'having a miserable time playing a video game with my friends because they're just playing the game instead of being high level powergamer like me' is apparently a sympathetic position for people here

Curious if you’ve ever played diablo 3. What op described isn’t “high level power gaming” it’s just the norm for adventure mode, which is the meat of the game and the reason it’s so popular after so many years.

Nothing wrong with playing story mode and taking the time to enjoy the plot. I actually liked some of the lore in the game. But it’s almost pointless to inspect every piece of gear- they could just change out their gear every five to ten levels and be just fine.

Ops comment was pretty innocent so all this backlash is hilarious.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
Yeah powergaming is looking at every piece of equipment trying to find the one that is slightly better ever 30 seconds.

No one wants to be that guy

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
When I play Diablo 3 for the Nintendo Switch I will collect every piece of loot that will fit up my rear end and then fit all that loot up my rear end.

Then I’ll put on my Labo VR and experience my Diablo 3 avatar putting on their Labo VR set on their looted Nintendo Switch and experience them experiencing Stardew Valley VR, where that farmer is wearing their own Labo VR on their Nintendo Swi

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

I got a letter from the government the other day
opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

Edit: op deleted and I respect that

flavor.flv fucked around with this message at 02:35 on Apr 10, 2019

Fayez Butts
Aug 24, 2006

just tell him he can press up on the d pad or whatever to scroll through his recently grabbed loot

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius

Fayez Butts posted:

just tell him he can press up on the d pad or whatever to scroll through his recently grabbed loot

Come on dude, that hard drops the piece.

Guilty
May 3, 2003
Ask me about how people having a bad reaction to MSG makes them racist, because I've never heard of gluten sensitivity

RandomFerret posted:

lol holy poo poo

You're surprised no one wants to sit sperg out over every loot text?

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

I’ve never played Diablo 3, hope this helps

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008

Jim Silly-Balls posted:

I’ve never played Diablo 3, hope this helps

Don't think this will help you avoid the bat

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
I am the bat.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Guilty posted:

House rule that you can only quick drop/equip until town

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

I got a letter from the government the other day
opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

All ribbing aside, just let them get it out of their systems. They're just starting this game, you didn't start out by speeding through, did you? Give them a chance to get into it the same way you did

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

I kinda want to try Switch Diablo but I have a feeling I wouldn’t like it. Loot based games like Monster Hunter, Destiny, Boarderlands, etc. don’t really appeal to me. Phantasy Star Online was the only one that’s ever grabbed me for whatever reason.

KingSlime
Mar 20, 2007
Wake up with the Kin-OH GOD WHAT IS THAT?!
Once again, Mega64 proves to be the voice of reason in a sea or confused and disturbed minds

GreatGreen
Jul 3, 2007
That's not what gaslighting means you hyperbolic dipshit.

Your Computer posted:

to be serious for a minute though I understand the issue and I know it's frustrating - I was on the opposite end of the problem back when I first played Diablo 3, my friend wanted to play it with me but I like taking my time with games and she just wanted to blaze through it as fast as possible. either way, one of us wasn't going to have fun so we did the sensible thing and didn't play it together after all.

I played through the story, talked to all the npcs, inspected all the loot and so on until I had my fill, probably a good couple of dozen hours of enjoyment, then when I reached the endgame and wanted to go fast too we played together. the end

You just have to know when to switch (HAHAHAHAHA GET IT?) modes.

Step 1: When you're leveling, nothing matters, always always always just slot the item with the highest damage numbers.
Step 2: About an hour or two after you're done leveling, don't stop unless you see a legendary or set piece and even then, pick it up and keep on truckin'. Once you get back to town, THEN get as meticulous and spreadsheety as your precious heart desires.

This is the truest and best way to enjoy Diablo 3, even if you're just playing casually. So sayeth me, amen.

GreatGreen fucked around with this message at 05:09 on Apr 10, 2019

A Concrete Divider
Jan 20, 2012

The Unbearable Whiteness of Eating

SeANMcBAY posted:

I kinda want to try Switch Diablo but I have a feeling I wouldn’t like it. Loot based games like Monster Hunter, Destiny, Boarderlands, etc. don’t really appeal to me. Phantasy Star Online was the only one that’s ever grabbed me for whatever reason.

Imagine the Dreamcast version on switch

I would run ttf all fuckin weekend long for months

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

AOCs Pink Pearl posted:

Imagine the Dreamcast version on switch

I would run ttf all fuckin weekend long for months

M2 did say they’re porting Dreamcast games for the Ages collection on Switch.:pray:

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Does anyone have any recommendations for those Switch controller charge hubs? Right now I have 4 Joycons and a Pro Controller and might get another Pro somewhere down the line. It'd be nice to have all of these always charged up.

Fayez Butts
Aug 24, 2006

Cojawfee posted:

Come on dude, that hard drops the piece.

Well there is a button to scroll through your recently acquired loot so tell him whichever one that is :rolleyes:

Kly
Aug 8, 2003

I think that was a tetris joke

LethalGeek
Nov 4, 2009

s.i.r.e. posted:

Does anyone have any recommendations for those Switch controller charge hubs? Right now I have 4 Joycons and a Pro Controller and might get another Pro somewhere down the line. It'd be nice to have all of these always charged up.

Guess I'd more say no one has complimented or complained about any of them. Don't buy the cheapest one? :shrug:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

trdn89
Aug 16, 2008

s.i.r.e. posted:

This is basically my setup and I went with a PowerA Joycon and Controller Charging Kit. 2 slots on the side for charging joycons, and a dongle that you plug into the pro so that you can easily pick it up from/drop it onto a notch on the charger. I can see wanting more slots so that I can get more Joycons as needed, but absolutely zero complaints so far.

https://smile.amazon.com/PowerA-Joy-Pro-Controller-Charging-Dock/dp/B075FF6HDN/ref=sr_1_19