Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum

Good soup! posted:

I enjoyed the hell out of the musou, but including Wyald and not the Skull Knight? :cmon:

Getting the berserker armor in that game was so satisfying

The weirdest thing is that they are in the game. Skull Knight, Silat, loving Bazuso, Snake Baron/Lord of Thieves, Slug Count, Mozgus, Slan, Grunbeld, Adon Coborlwitz, Gennon, Gaston, Pippin, Boscogn, Farnese, Ganishka, Corkus, Julius, Void, Ubik and Conrad ALL HAVE loving MODELS, FIGHTING ANIMATIONS AND EVEN SPECIALS - YET THEY DON'T LET YOU PLAY AS THEM IN FREE OR ENDLESS ABYSS MODE. They even show up in the Abyss and have conversations about fighting with and against every other character possible. You can see Bazuso the Manslayer poo poo his pants going up against Zodd or Femto - who are playable despite being Apostles and Godhand! I don't understand why they go to the trouble of having them and all of this personality clashing in the game, but don't let you play as them!

And then it didn't have one loving Susumu Hirasawa track. Sure, use the other musicians all you want, but you can't loving have a Berserk game without Hirasawa! I don't even care if you just paid to reuse his old berserk tracks. If it ever had competent people behind it and a chance at a sequel you could at least maybe get it to Hyrule Warriors levels of a decent Musou because the pieces are loving there, man! The toys are in the box but they don't let you play with them for some asinine reason!'

At the end of the day it was a loving fan con job that didn't generate enough money to appease Koei Temco who were likely expecting some sort of sales number to justify selling off Skull Knight DLC. It still costs 59.99 and they have abandoned that poo poo. But unlike Berserk 2016-7 anime, it had a chance to be something even on the level of the dreamcast game.

Crabtree fucked around with this message at 00:47 on Apr 10, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ccs
Feb 25, 2011

Corncob Wylad is canon to me now.

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

Corncob Wyald is superior to the original.

lezard_valeth
Mar 14, 2016

k...maybe tell your servants to hold on on playing Game of Thrones in front of the childhood friend you are trying to brainwash into joining you next time

MechanicalTomPetty
Oct 30, 2011

Runnin' down a dream
That never would come to me
It says a lot that out of all the hosed up moments in Berserk, I still think Lost Children is one of the the darkest parts of the entire series.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Lost Children has so many memorable moments, for both good and bad. It's the go to, for me at least, in conveying to someone "THIS is how bad it can get."

temple
Jul 29, 2006

I have actual skeletons in my closet
Here we go again, Tim
Here we go again, Eric

Andrigaar
Dec 12, 2003
Saint of Killers

temple posted:

Here we go again, Tim
Here we go again, Eric

:hmmyes:

lezard_valeth
Mar 14, 2016
WHAT
WHY
:nms::nms:

lezard_valeth fucked around with this message at 07:58 on Apr 10, 2019

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

ahhh, my guiding moonlight

ChaseSP
Mar 25, 2013

Oh boy its everyones favorite, Rapehorse.

lezard_valeth
Mar 14, 2016
I can only imagine a little kid in the 90s rushing to the store cause oh boi the last issue of Berserk came out

and come across this :gonk:

Dr Subterfuge
Aug 31, 2005

TIME TO ROC N' ROLL

Torquemadras posted:

And I don't think anybody doubts that Berserk goes too far regarding sexual violence, in several places. At least it's always depicted as monstrous... But if I had to pick the most obvious flaw of all of Berserk, it's that. Please stop treating it like a fetish, Miura. Sometimes comes across like one...

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012
Berserk Musou Wyald is actually a good, fun character, and if he replaced manga Wyald, that arc would be significantly improved. He's both a big, weird goofball and a terrifying, bloodthirsty force of nature, and it's great.

MechanicalTomPetty
Oct 30, 2011

Runnin' down a dream
That never would come to me

Oh you sweet summer child. :allears:

Nalin
Sep 29, 2007

Hair Elf
Oh man you are just now entering the Tower of Conviction arc. That one is just so good. It's probably my favorite arc of the series.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Lizard, I can't read your reactions on my phone when you spoiler and timg the images and I dig the posts and it's the only time I get to read them

We're all caught up in here, I think you could probably go without spoilering the images tbh

Also I hope we're out of the cut away story and back to the big big thing this month

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Oh that image is the horsey boy, maybe you should tag that young man...

lezard_valeth
Mar 14, 2016

Josuke Higashikata posted:

Oh that image is the horsey boy, maybe you should tag that young man...

woops, fixed that.

Anywho, Luca seems like a really cool and gentle person...

So what's the deal with her, or what kind of horrific death is she gonna suffer?

7c Nickel
Apr 27, 2008

lezard_valeth posted:

woops, fixed that.

Anywho, Luca seems like a really cool and gentle person...

So what's the deal with her, or what kind of horrific death is she gonna suffer?

Berserk, especially later Berserk after it matures a bit, doesn't really do this. Which isn't to say terrible poo poo doesn't happen. Just that Miura doesn't tend to develop characters JUST so he can kill them off to be edgy.

lezard_valeth
Mar 14, 2016
oh goddamit Nina you are going to get everyone into trouble

e:

:nws:

Well, that was arts-y

lezard_valeth fucked around with this message at 08:28 on Apr 10, 2019

Elentor
Dec 14, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Drrrr Drrrr Drrrrr.

Brainamp
Sep 4, 2011

More Zen than Zenyatta

Whoops

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.
Can't wait for mroe Rickert.

Not even kidding.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

I got a copy of Berserk Deluxe

That thing is Dragonslayer esque in proportion holy fuk

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
watching this twilight world
as long as time flows.
Man, if only miura wrote one word of dialogue for every new post in this thread.
How is this thread so active?

Pewdiepie
Oct 31, 2010

Rodenthar Drothman posted:

Man, if only miura wrote one word of dialogue for every new post in this thread.
How is this thread so active?

Because there's a guy reading berserk for the first time and posting all the disturbing pages.

Torquemadras
Jun 3, 2013

Tower of Conviction is an incredibly good arc, and I might even say the very best. It's dark as hell, it uses cruelty and violence perfectly, it features one of the best antagonists of the entire series, and it has that perfect blend of utter despair and violent struggle that Berserk does so drat well. And it's just. So. Darn. Vicious. :allears:

Also, it features my favorite panel in the entire manga, not counting those where a villain realizes how utterly hosed they are going up against Guts

It's the shot of the burning refugee camp forming a giant brand of sacrifice. HOLY poo poo, THIS IS HELL

PhantomOfTheCopier
Aug 13, 2008

Pikabooze!

Torquemadras posted:

It's the shot of the burning refugee camp forming a giant brand of sacrifice. HOLY poo poo, THIS IS HELL
Third time's the charm. I wonder if Falconia is shaped like a brand :laugh:

Ccs
Feb 25, 2011

I remember when the newest anime hosed up that moment with bad camerawork...

David D. Davidson
Nov 17, 2012

Orca lady?
I've been imagining a Berserk/Always Sunny crossover in my head and it fit really well.
"Now don't get me wrong, that whole presentation vision thing was great. I mean the part where my flesh turned into literal gold and my limbs turning into countless tentacle penises and then making love to those supermodels was amazing. But honestly, I'd rather have crack."

David D. Davidson fucked around with this message at 05:25 on Apr 11, 2019

lobster22221
Jul 11, 2017

David D. Davidson posted:

I've been imagining a Berserk/Always Sunny crossover in my head and it fit really well.
"Now don't get me wrong, that whole presentation vision thing was great I mean the part where my flesh turned into literal gold and my limbs turning into countless tentacle penises and then making love to those supermodels was amazing. But honestly I'd rather have crack."

Its always sunny in falconia.

lobster22221 fucked around with this message at 03:53 on Apr 11, 2019

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

David D. Davidson posted:

"Now don't get me wrong, that whole presentation vision thing was great I mean the part where my flesh turned into literal gold and my limbs turning into countless tentacle penises and then making love to those supermodels was amazing. But honestly I'd rather have crack."

Danny Devito crawling naked and sweaty out of a couch is very Berserker-esque

lezard_valeth
Mar 14, 2016
Ok, I finished the Tower of Conviction arc. And I think I agree in that it's been the best arc so far.

Black Swordsman was the introductory arc that focused more on generating questions and intrigue to catch the reader. Golden Age was good, but for the most part it lacked a villain. The political machinations were enjoyable though, and then the action and drama ramps up with the Eclipse. I'd say this is my second favorite. I liked Lost Childs for what it was, a (much needed) breather arc with some cool fights and character moments.

Tower of Conviction on the other hand starts with high stakes from the very first chapter and the tension is constantly rising. It has a villain that I couldn't wait to see him offed, some really good fights (aside from the final one with Guts vs the 7 torturers and Mozgus, the fight on the side of the cliff vs Serpico was also really good for how resorceful he turned out to be) a lot of really likable supporting cast (Luca for being cool overall, and Jerome for being a noble that isn't a dick) and a very engaging plot. I was so absorbed that I stayed up till almost 3 AM trying to finish it in one go but couldn't, and continued reading it this morning at work during my lunch break. Still I'm glad I took up the manga now and could read all the chapters one after the other instead of having to wait for a week/month for the next one to be published.

This scene made me genuinely smile, which lead me to try and remember when was the last time I was actually rooting for a main character. Most other mangas I've read either have a generic good guy who only wants to protect his nakama or a main character with a personality that as the story goes on gets overshadowed by either the supporting cast or the plot. Guts so far has stayed a strong lead and I am glad he has finally caught a break (for now).

Out of curiosity I decided to check how they animated the scene where Puck catches Isidro cause it made me laugh and I wanted to see what kind of voice they gave Puck and...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kZsA_qn4cD0

Yeah, I can see why people told me not to watch the new anime :magical:

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

Dinosaur Gum

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=idoYCVLh2qI

David D. Davidson
Nov 17, 2012

Orca lady?
Dee gathers up all her booty calls plus Artemis and The Gang to sacrifice them. They all get sacrificed by Cricket instead. His eagerness surprises them.

David D. Davidson fucked around with this message at 04:21 on Apr 11, 2019

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

Dinosaur Gum
"I gotta do what Griffith said, he respects people that chase after their own dream. The war is over, he can live without me."

"Griffith commits treason."

David D. Davidson
Nov 17, 2012

Orca lady?
Frank eats the Behelit.
"What? It's called The Egg of the King. You're supposed to eat it."

RC Cola
Aug 1, 2011

Dovie'andi se tovya sagain
I just checked the last post I read in the thread from April 2018,
Two chapters? Whyyyyyy
:negative: