Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Riatsala
Nov 20, 2013

All Princesses are Tyrants

Just read that in the original ending of Alien the Xenomorph kills Ripley and makes the final log entry in her voice which is a terrifying way to end things but I'm kinda glad they didn't go with that (not the least of which is because Aliens without Weaver would have been :()

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

Millions of Crows posted:

This is a boring collection of painfully familiar tropes. Now I'm worried all the shorts will be like that, since apparently corporate film makers are incapable of original ideas. I wonder if everyone at 20th century fox is either too prideful or stupid to just adapt one of the better Dark Horse Comics Aliens stories.

Like 'Aliens: Labyrinth', perhaps? :v:

Speaking of, here's a head-count of who's claimed a copy of Labyrinth. If you don't see your name here and it should be, please scream at me - in space no one can hear you scream, but I'll hear you just fine in this thread. They're all claimed at this point, but I can do a waiting list if people change their minds!

1. Xenomrph
2. SiL
3. Celtic Predator
4. oldpainless
5. alf_pogs
6. Sentient Data
7. Riatsala
8. MacheteZombie
9. MrMojok
10. WatermelonGun
11. MisterSpeaker
12. Pennywise the Frown
13. Linux Pirate
14. Code Jockey
15. l33tfuzzbox
16. Class Warcraft
17. MonsieurChoc
18. Leavemywife
19. mllaneza
20. Vim Fuego

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

I don't know whether to applaud or shove your face-first into a xenomorph egg.
If it makes you feel better, he's far from the first person to make that joke. :v:

Vim Fuego posted:

What did the alien in alien eat to grow from chestburster size to 9 feet tall?
In the original script, when Ripley, Brett, and Parker go looking for the chestburster, they were going to find that something (reads: the chestburster) had gotten into the Nostromo's food stores and gone to town.

Ultimately most sources don't bother explaining how they grow so big so fast other than "it's an unexplainable space monster", but once in a while a comic or video game will show a chestburster eating stuff.

Xenomrph fucked around with this message at 02:45 on Apr 1, 2019

Young Freud
Nov 26, 2006

Xenomrph posted:

If it makes you feel better, he's far from the first person to make that joke. :v:

In the original script, when Ripley, Brett, and Parker go looking for the chestburster, they were going to find that something (reads: the chestburster) had gotten into the Nostromo's food stores and gone to town.

Ultimately most sources don't bother explaining how they grow so big so fast other than "it's an unexplainable space monster", but once in a while a comic or video game will show a chestburster eating stuff.

One of the AvP games has their tutorial with the chestburster growing to full-size by eating a kennel of cats.

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

Young Freud posted:

One of the AvP games has their tutorial with the chestburster growing to full-size by eating a kennel of cats.

That's AvP2, yeah. That's a game that I wish would get a digital re-release, but it's stuck in legal limbo. :sigh:

Vim Fuego
Jun 1, 2000

Ultra Carp
Ok, I'm in for a copy of labyrinth.

Ka0
Sep 16, 2002

:siren: :siren: :siren:
AS A PROUD GAMERGATER THE ONLY THING I HATE MORE THAN WOMEN ARE GAYS AND TRANS PEOPLE
:siren: :siren: :siren:

She admired the play. A survivor, unclouded by conscience, remorse, or delusions of morality

Torquemada
Oct 21, 2010

Drei Gläser

Xenomrph posted:

This is in the novelisation, as is a scene where they’re just about to blow the alien out of the airlock and Ash sets off an alarm to warn it.

down n out
Sep 16, 2008

Nap Ghost
I replayed Isolation in nightmare mode because of this thread and that alien is still unmatched in terms of scariness.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Agrikk
Oct 17, 2003

Take care with that! We have not fully ascertained its function, and the ticking is accelerating.
https://www.space.com/alien-franchise-40th-anniversary-video-shorts.html

I’ll leave this here for y’all.

WatermelonGun
May 7, 2009

Xenomrph posted:

That's AvP2, yeah. That's a game that I wish would get a digital re-release, but it's stuck in legal limbo. :sigh:

that game ruled but i was like eleven when it came out and refused to play as anything but predator. also thanks for the comic book dude, let us know when you get them and I’ll send you some sweet sweet cash

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

WatermelonGun posted:

that game ruled but i was like eleven when it came out and refused to play as anything but predator.

I think it was the first AVP series game to have the full Alien lifecycle which was really cool plus the pet cat death scene.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Mumpy Puffinz posted:

it defiantly ate some lungs and ribs

rib_alien.jpg

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

I'm having a hard time finding where the actual videos are. Looks like one was released already. From the trailer they look pretty well done.

lol but
Feb 24, 2007

body is a dinosaur
Slippery Tilde

Shut up Meg posted:

Holy poo poo, she's 69 years old and looks about 50.

maybe she is the one that is a clone she is only like 22

awww yisss

Gnome de plume
Sep 5, 2006

Hell.
Fucking.
Yes.

Pennywise the Frown posted:

I'm having a hard time finding where the actual videos are. Looks like one was released already. From the trailer they look pretty well done.

Only one's out so far

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hu_4PgSXbDY&t=13s

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

Somehow I missed a person in my head-count; all 20 copies of Labyrinth are now claimed, but I can do a waiting list if people change their minds!

1. Xenomrph
2. SiL
3. Celtic Predator
4. oldpainless
5. alf_pogs
6. Sentient Data
7. Riatsala
8. MacheteZombie
9. MrMojok
10. WatermelonGun
11. MisterSpeaker
12. Pennywise the Frown
13. Linux Pirate
14. Code Jockey
15. l33tfuzzbox
16. Class Warcraft
17. MonsieurChoc
18. Leavemywife
19. mllaneza
20. Vim Fuego

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

:siren: Yo! Stop your grinnin' and drop your linen, it's Labyrinth time. :unsmigghh:

Okay here's how this is going to work. If your name is on the list below, email me your address at xenomrph (at) gmail (dot) com, and put your username and "Labyrinth" in the subject line. I'm aiming to ship via Media Mail (except for the lone crazy person in Australia, I'll figure yours out later), which looks like it'll be about $2.75.

As for paying for shipping, like, I'm not going to hound every individual person for $2.75, because I think this is a fun project and people being excited to read Labyrinth puts a smile on my face. I've got the bubble mailers ready to go, I'm going to slap labels on them and mail everything out in one big trip to the post office once I've got addresses. The way I see it, people can pay me what they want and it'll all come out in the wash - a couple goons have already tossed some money my way to help balance things out if people can't pay, which is really awesome. My paypal is xenomrph (at) hotmail (dot) com.

Also if you've sent me a PM about this at some point, I'm going to send you a PM in a minute just in case you don't regularly look at this thread or something.

Xenomrph posted:

1. Xenomrph
2. SiL
3. Celtic Predator
4. oldpainless
5. alf_pogs
6. Sentient Data
7. Riatsala
8. MacheteZombie
9. MrMojok
10. WatermelonGun
11. MisterSpeaker
12. Pennywise the Frown
13. Linux Pirate
14. Code Jockey
15. l33tfuzzbox
16. Class Warcraft
17. MonsieurChoc
18. Leavemywife
19. mllaneza
20. Vim Fuego

Mister Speaker
May 8, 2007

WE WILL CONTROL
ALL THAT YOU SEE
AND HEAR
Outstanding! Just sent you the payment and emailed my shipping info. Thanks Xenomrph!!!

OB-GYN Kenobi
Dec 4, 2017

Xenomrph posted:

:siren: Yo! Stop your grinnin' and drop your linen, it's Labyrinth time. :unsmigghh:

Okay here's how this is going to work. If your name is on the list below, email me your address at xenomrph (at) gmail (dot) com, and put your username and "Labyrinth" in the subject line. I'm aiming to ship via Media Mail (except for the lone crazy person in Australia, I'll figure yours out later), which looks like it'll be about $2.75.

As for paying for shipping, like, I'm not going to hound every individual person for $2.75, because I think this is a fun project and people being excited to read Labyrinth puts a smile on my face. I've got the bubble mailers ready to go, I'm going to slap labels on them and mail everything out in one big trip to the post office once I've got addresses. The way I see it, people can pay me what they want and it'll all come out in the wash - a couple goons have already tossed some money my way to help balance things out if people can't pay, which is really awesome. My paypal is xenomrph (at) hotmail (dot) com.

Also if you've sent me a PM about this at some point, I'm going to send you a PM in a minute just in case you don't regularly look at this thread or something.

Why do I feel like I just missed out on the opportunity of a lifetime? Put this on my list of regrets and put me on that loving wait list.

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

Hell Stink posted:

Why do I feel like I just missed out on the opportunity of a lifetime? Put this on my list of regrets and put me on that loving wait list.

You got it! Out of the 20 people on the list there’s still like 10 that I haven’t heard from yet; I figure I’ll give people a couple weeks, post a couple reminders in the thread, maybe send out PMs to those that have platinum, and then all the unclaimed ones will be fair game.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
Emailed you. You are doing the Lord's work.

Linux Pirate
Apr 21, 2012

Sent mine last night. You rule Xenomrph

Vim Fuego
Jun 1, 2000

Ultra Carp
Done!

What does the thread think Aliens taste like? Crab/lobster? Burned tires?

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free

Linux Pirate posted:

Sent mine last night. You rule Xenomrph

Hell yeah, same. This is cool and you're doing the lord's Weyland-Yutani's work!

Vim Fuego posted:

Done!

What does the thread think Aliens taste like? Crab/lobster? Burned tires?

Well, hmm. Perhaps extremely citrus, from how acidic their blood is? :v:

They look like they're all shell, tendons and weird poo poo / guts. Maybe a decent broth from boiling the shell?

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

from hell's heart I cast at thee
🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸
You pull the tiny jaw out with a special fork and use that to eat the rest with. You can use the fork in the rest but you'll be branded a tourist.

Ghostnuke
Sep 21, 2005

Throw this in a pot, add some broth, a potato? Baby you got a stew going!

I watched Aliens the other day and I was completely making GBS threads my pants during the ending even though I already knew what would happen.

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

Just a Labyrinth update, I’ve gotten emails with addresses from everyone but two people (I’ll check when I get home and figure out which two and post here as a reminder).

Here’s the game plan:
Tonight I’m going to package everything up and type up the addresses.
Tomorrow I’m going to print the addresses at work and tape them to the packages.
Saturday morning I’m going to take everything to the post office and unleash this horrible scourge upon you all ship everything out. :woop:

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005

I;m thinkin about thos Aliens

ProperCauldron
Oct 11, 2004

nah chill
There should be a story about importing the eggs to end a hunger crisis.. ...

Turns out, the hunger crisis was the alien's's''!!!

Kuato
Feb 25, 2005

"I CAN'T BELIEVE I ATE THE WHOLE THING"
Buglord

Biplane posted:

I;m thinkin about thos Aliens

Hell, same

RossMan4Life
Dec 18, 2002

by R. Guyovich
Thinking about Aliens (the comics)

Did anyone ever give the Aliens roguelike a shot? It's from the guy who made the Doom roguelike and that's fun as hell.

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005

I've told this Isolation story before on these dead gay forums, but when I first played it on PS4 my 2 year old son had managed to climb out of his bed and into the living room where I wa ssitting with my headset on, in the dark. He's like "DADDYYYY DADDY DADAY DADDY", the microphone on the headset transmits this into the game and the alien rips open the closet I'm hiding in and brutally murders me. 10/10 game.

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

Xenomrph posted:

Just a Labyrinth update, I’ve gotten emails with addresses from everyone but two people (I’ll check when I get home and figure out which two and post here as a reminder).

Here’s the game plan:
Tonight I’m going to package everything up and type up the addresses.
Tomorrow I’m going to print the addresses at work and tape them to the packages.
Saturday morning I’m going to take everything to the post office and unleash this horrible scourge upon you all ship everything out. :woop:

Forums user :siren: Riatsala :siren: , you are being publicly shamed for not sending me your address.

Or if you did send it, then I'm a dumbass and I accidentally deleted it or something, in which case I am publicly shaming myself.

Either way, please send/re-send me your address!

Everyone else, I've got your addresses and I'll be printing/packaging everything tomorrow so I can mail it out Saturday morning.

OB-GYN Kenobi
Dec 4, 2017

Biplane posted:

I've told this Isolation story before on these dead gay forums, but when I first played it on PS4 my 2 year old son had managed to climb out of his bed and into the living room where I wa ssitting with my headset on, in the dark. He's like "DADDYYYY DADDY DADAY DADDY", the microphone on the headset transmits this into the game and the alien rips open the closet I'm hiding in and brutally murders me. 10/10 game.

This is good.

I'm scared to turn on that game, stopped at area 8 or 9. I hid in a locker, didn't move for like 5 min and turned the game off. Haven't touched it since.

I like to imagine my character is now dead in the locker because I was too scared to give her commands.

Julius CSAR
Oct 3, 2007

by sebmojo

Hell Stink posted:

This is good.

I'm scared to turn on that game, stopped at area 8 or 9. I hid in a locker, didn't move for like 5 min and turned the game off. Haven't touched it since.

I like to imagine my character is now dead in the locker because I was too scared to give her commands.

The scariest thing that happened to me in that game was when I came to area with four dudes with guns standing around and chucked a noisemaker into the room while I hid to draw out the xeno to eat these guys and after it went quiet again I heard sobbing from the room and realized the Alien missed a guy and he was just hiding in a corner like me, sobbing to himself “oh god I don’t want to die! I was supposed to leave two weeks ago! All my friends are dead and I’m so tired and scared” and just about the time I was like, poo poo I feel bad for this dude I hear the Alien drop of the ceiling to finish the dude off in a blood curdling scream. I was like “this game... just holy loving poo poo”

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Maybe this guy that flies is just sort of passing through, you know?

I drove thru Little Chute on my way to Door County for a weekend away tonight and thought of Amanda Ripley-McClaren. (RIP)

Mister Speaker
May 8, 2007

WE WILL CONTROL
ALL THAT YOU SEE
AND HEAR

Owlbear Camus posted:

I drove thru Little Chute on my way to Door County for a weekend away tonight and thought of Amanda Ripley-McClaren. (RIP)

I think the ambiguous ending in Isolation is honestly the only thing I didn't really like about the game.

OK, now I'm reading on Xenopedia that there's a comic miniseries detailing her being rescued and going out to gently caress with more xenos. I wasn't aware of this.

Mister Speaker fucked around with this message at 08:24 on Apr 13, 2019

ZogrimAteMyHamster
Dec 8, 2015

Julius CSAR posted:

The scariest thing that happened to me in that game was when I came to area with four dudes with guns standing around and chucked a noisemaker into the room while I hid to draw out the xeno to eat these guys and after it went quiet again I heard sobbing from the room and realized the Alien missed a guy and he was just hiding in a corner like me, sobbing to himself “oh god I don’t want to die! I was supposed to leave two weeks ago! All my friends are dead and I’m so tired and scared” and just about the time I was like, poo poo I feel bad for this dude I hear the Alien drop of the ceiling to finish the dude off in a blood curdling scream. I was like “this game... just holy loving poo poo”

There are a few moments where stuff like this can happen, but I think I know which area you mean. First time playing I didn't even get to throw a Noisemaker, because the bastards saw me first and just opened fire immediately, so I had to scurry off and hide in an air vent. Then the Alien appeared, cleaned up in moments, and I stayed in the vent like a scared little baby while it stomped around jumping in and out of the ducts, until I was sure it wasn't coming back.

It came back as I made a run for the elevator. I'm not ashamed to admit I screamed "gently caress!" several times on seeing the Alien start rushing at me as the door took a small eternity closing :downs:

Speaking of intense poo poo-your-pants moments, I've had this for years and now seems like the appropriate time to share it:
https://i.imgur.com/ckzfBCR.mp4

Looks funny now but I was about to bite my own tongue off at the time.

Edit:
Found this one too. I like playing with fire :downs:
https://i.imgur.com/jOfrvP1.mp4

ZogrimAteMyHamster fucked around with this message at 17:22 on Apr 13, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

star war beta max
Sep 26, 2018

by FactsAreUseless

feelix posted:

The same people that dislike the Starship Troopers movie for not being a faithful representation of the Starship Troopers book, which is an actual fascist manifesto

the book was about a pretend future, some might even call it "fiction"