Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.

Keeshhound posted:

I feel like Waller would be one hell of a partier if you could actually get her to unwind for a minute.

The problem is that if Waller parties too hard it might end with WW3

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
that's true for everything waller does, though.

The Question IRL
Jun 8, 2013

Only two contestants left! Here is Doom's chance for revenge...

No.

Waller would show up, get poo poo faced drunk and in the morning setup a new Suicide Squad, whose sole purpose was to destroy all the evidence and silence all the witnesses to said night.

Which now that you've said it out loud, maybe Black Canary would want that for her Hen night. It would keep the Hen going another week.

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

The back two are probably just randos.

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010

Ignore my posts!
I'm aggressively wrong about everything!
I thought back left was Zatanna, but all I really have for that is 'hat and black hair'.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Thats huntress

no she doesnt typically wear the hat

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Metalshark
Feb 4, 2013

The seagull is essential.

Loved this moment. Ghost-Spider is real good.

I can't quite articulate why I like it so much, but I really dig the graceful way Gwen is holding her non-petting hand out in panel 2.

Vincent
Nov 25, 2005

Infinitum posted:

Presented with 0 context

The author of Baki can't draw a correct human figure to save his life, but his action and movement scenes are :kiss:
just... maybe not this one.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

Metalshark posted:

Loved this moment. Ghost-Spider is real good.

I also enjoyed how that lead to Gwen doing a PS4 Spider-Man sidequest.

RubberLuffy
Mar 31, 2011

Vincent posted:

The author of Baki can't draw a correct human figure to save his life, but his action and movement scenes are :kiss:
just... maybe not this one.

there's beauty in how grotesque his art can be

David D. Davidson
Nov 17, 2012

Orca lady?
Yeah it's not like Liefeld's inabliity to draw feet, more than a hyperexaggerated portrayal of human musculature.

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Required by his programming!

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

You have to respect Dr. Sivana's hustle, but remember: the only reason he shoots cops is so he can take their place.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

Holy poo poo dude. Sivana showing villains how to get poo poo done. Luthor and Joker take time building death traps and poo poo, Sivana just grabs a pistol and goes to town the loving minute he hears Cap's out of town.

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

TwoPair posted:

Holy poo poo dude. Sivana showing villains how to get poo poo done. Luthor and Joker take time building death traps and poo poo, Sivana just grabs a pistol and goes to town the loving minute he hears Cap's out of town.

Yeah, when Alan Moore reworked this story for Miracle Man 15 he had to tone things down.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Dr. Sivana is the best mad scientist in the DC universe.

Jordan7hm
Feb 17, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

Captain Marvel was so loving good.

Golden Age comics are so much better than I expected them to be.

Begemot
Oct 14, 2012

The One True Oden

Jordan7hm posted:

Captain Marvel was so loving good.

Golden Age comics are so much better than I expected them to be.

There's a reason they call it the Golden Age.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Begemot posted:

There's a reason they call it the Golden Age.

What would happen if you went inside a Pokemons stomach, and threw a Pokeball at it? :thunk:

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Infinitum posted:

What would happen if you went inside a Pokemons stomach, and threw a Pokeball at it? :thunk:

If you shoot a living person with a proton pack, would their soul get trapped in the stream.

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

There was gonna be a Monster Society of Evil collection this year but DC backed down.
Stupid horrific golden age racism.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Lurdiak posted:

If you shoot a living person with a proton pack, would their soul get trapped in the stream.

:hmmyes:

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Teenage Fansub posted:

There was gonna be a Monster Society of Evil collection this year but DC backed down.

I honestly can't blame them with Shazam coming out film-wise. I think it's genuinely an important part of comic history and pretending like that era didn't exist benefits nobody but uh... I don't think anyone wants to risk that being the Shazam comic that falls into a kid's hands after seeing the film.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Kimetsu no Yaiba - Chapter 132
(I'm going to link to the manga in question, as it's free to do so in ADTRW. If anyone feels like this treads on BSS rules let me know)

Every good shonen series needs a training montage!

As always Right to Left!

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

ImpAtom posted:

He was the first one. He is basically the original Mad Scientist. Luthor was inspired by him.

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

Dashing? But I'm not even moving!

ImpAtom posted:

I liked him in Outsiders.

"Hey look, it's the Fearsome Four."

evilmiera
Dec 14, 2009

"What if dinosaurs were even MORE awesome?"

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

Teenage Fansub posted:

Monster Society of Evil needs a new collection but it was probably for the best that they pushed this one back on the schedule a few years.

The unfortunate thing about the racism in that story beyond it being incredibly racist is that it's pretty much the first few chapters. But those chapters have enough racism to make up for the rest of the story. Like if you rated golden age comics racism on a scale of 1 to 10, those chapters would be a solid 8. And if you jump to chapter 5 of 24, then the racism goes down to golden age background levels.

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

Opened my eyes.

ImpAtom posted:

I loved the bit in 52 when Black Adam is heading to gently caress up the Mad Scientist Lab they had built and everyone is losing their poo poo because Black Adam is coming to kill every single one of them but Sivana is just going "Pffft, Shazam and his Marvels. Just another one to get out of my way." and casually pieces together a contraption to deal with him while in the middle of a pandemonium.

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Samuringa posted:

I loved the bit in 52 when Black Adam is heading to gently caress up the Mad Scientist Lab they had built and everyone is losing their poo poo because Black Adam is coming to kill every single one of them but Sivana is just going "Pffft, Shazam and his Marvels. Just another one to get out of my way." and casually pieces together a contraption to deal with him while in the middle of a pandemonium.

And after they capture Adam, Sivana gets all thrilled that he's found a way to dissolve the enamel on Marvel Family teeth.

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

Doc Hawkins posted:

I liked him in Outsiders.

"Hey look, it's the Fearsome Four."
I loved that whole bit, because Sivana gives zero fucks about how strong your super powers are.

Sivana: "I knew you were going to turn on me."
Psimon: "Why? Because we're 'evil'?"
Sivana: "No, 'cause you're shmucks."

DigitalRaven
Oct 9, 2012

Samuringa posted:

I thought that was T.O.Morrow. "gently caress you, I've gone up against the JLA before, this is just one dude. Aaaand I've just opened a football-pitch sized tesseract in his brain."

I could be wrong. Morrow (and Doc Magnus, obviously) got so many of the cool bits of the Mad Scientists of 52.

Vincent
Nov 25, 2005

I didn't know Sivana turned hero in the old comics.

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Opened my eyes.

DigitalRaven posted:

I thought that was T.O.Morrow. "gently caress you, I've gone up against the JLA before, this is just one dude. Aaaand I've just opened a football-pitch sized tesseract in his brain."

I could be wrong. Morrow (and Doc Magnus, obviously) got so many of the cool bits of the Mad Scientists of 52.

poo poo, now I'm not sure but Sivana was really taking the whole situation pretty nonchalantly.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.
What's so racist about it? The Wikipedia page doesn't mention anything I noticed scanning it. It's a wartime book, so is it general yellow peril stuff and unfortunate drawings of Japanese people or something more?

Edit: is it worse than this?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Okl9vSJCRNg

Air Skwirl fucked around with this message at 16:48 on Apr 10, 2019

Selachian
Oct 9, 2012

Skwirl posted:

What's so racist about it? The Wikipedia page doesn't mention anything I noticed scanning it. It's a wartime book, so is it general yellow peril stuff and unfortunate drawings of Japanese people or something more?

It also includes a character named Steamboat, who's a pretty standard-issue 1930s minstrel-show Negro (big pink lips, accent, and all).

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Skwirl posted:

It is extreme yellow peril with some other poo poo sprinkled in

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost

Yo, Sivana's got something to say.