Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

btw if anyone wants to radshare meso f2 relics for frost blueprints i have 4 and am looking to get them. i know ign alaank was in a group but dropped

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

A hideous smushfaced smeeta will still smeeta just as good. :mad:

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

Synthbuttrange posted:

A hideous smushfaced smeeta will still smeeta just as good. :mad:

Pubbies waiting at extraction keep telling me how fugly she is

...my Adarza isn't much better

e:

Mister No
Jul 15, 2006
Yes.
that loving cat is the funniest thing i've seen all week holy poo poo

clone on the phone
Aug 5, 2003

I was reading on the wiki that bought kdrives don’t grant mastery. Is this the case? I bought my first one because I didn’t have enough rep to build one.

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

eVeN I KnOw wHaT CoRnEr gAs iS
I don't think that's true. the profile is bad about showing you MR from k-drives, but I bought at least one k-drive and I got mastery from it. That note on the wiki is a complete mess but just take your board out and do at least one trick with it if you're concerned about missing MR, they give it.

Psion fucked around with this message at 06:15 on Apr 10, 2019

YerDa Zabam
Aug 13, 2016

Fugly Kat's mom was an alcoholic I think.

Mailer
Nov 4, 2009

Have you accepted The Void as your lord and savior?

Last King posted:

i think remember seeing a little while back there being a pretty smeeta imprint being passed down? is this still being done? if so, is there a kind goon who i could rent one from?

Hop on Discord and hit up CreoleMagick, who can probably imprint any pet in the known universe. Then you give him back the imprints you make. He'll try to talk to you into a Persian but look at the image above and question whether you want that horror following you.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Mister No posted:

that loving cat is the funniest thing i've seen all week holy poo poo

Adolf Glitter posted:

Fugly Kat's mom was an alcoholic I think.

Mailer posted:

Hop on Discord and hit up CreoleMagick, who can probably imprint any pet in the known universe. Then you give him back the imprints you make. He'll try to talk to you into a Persian but look at the image above and question whether you want that horror following you.

:negative:

YerDa Zabam
Aug 13, 2016

Yup, for my CreoleMagick Kat, I got a tufted one (I think) as persians look weird irl, and it came out with rad colours (promptly named Crayola)
She's pretty.
That other Kavat is beautiful in it's own way tho

YerDa Zabam fucked around with this message at 07:51 on Apr 10, 2019

v1ld
Apr 16, 2012

Mailer posted:

The part that continues to confuse/amuse me is that this is the entire game. The only way it's not is if you extend your playtime to infinity. Rep gain is daily, sorties are daily, Baro is a 6-10 hour farm every two weeks, and dolons are not only daily for rep gain but locked to specific brief times during the day. The entire game is full of these mechanics but they're deemed ok because theoretically if you extend the timeline out far enough you'll eventually get there. Sure, it'll take literal years (during which time everything unique on the WoSS tree will be available and/or deprecated and NW itself will be changed/replaced several times over) but you'll get there!

This first run of Nightwave, though, that's a unique one-time-only event to get stuff which will never again be available and if you can't have it you should just uninstall.

Or, you know: Nitain.

E: lol at this reductionist NW is like the rest of the game if you take lim t as t -> infinity. That's like saying Profit Taker is a good boss because eventual heat death of the universe.

I had to file a ticket to replace Wolf credits I spent on a reactor with 20 plat because I had to get nitain instead. And you know what? DE took 2 weeks but they refunded those credits and took 20p from my account so I could buy Nitain. Their support is better than NW's design.

v1ld fucked around with this message at 08:31 on Apr 10, 2019

LITERALLY MY FETISH
Nov 11, 2010

Raise Chris Coons' taxes so that we can have Medicare for All.

Man I am so glad nightwave coincided with my regularly scheduled months long break from warframe to do other poo poo.

As it stands I’m coming back to everything new after garuda’s release and I never did profit-taker. Everything they showed in that last devstream looked baller as gently caress and wisp frame can’t get here fast enough.

Also a creepy kid keeps appearing in my lounge when I enter but I’m not falling for that trick again. Last time it just made lotus lovely to listen to.

That cat is incredible, protect that smile.

The entire game is, in fact, a series of timegates and I’m sad so many of you didn’t realize it until nightwave. Especially arguing that the fact DE is even using psychology to get people to log in is what makes nightwave bad is either super disingenuous or very ignorant of literally every facet of this game. Ask yourself why the foundry works the way it does, and then continue down that lens to look at the game as a whole. Alerts were already FOMO as heck you goofs.

None of that means nightwave is automatically good, mind you. I have no real idea how nightwave works because it’s alerts and I haven’t given a poo poo about alerts in over a year, but the bad part to me is the intrusiveness of fugitives and people (Nora?) telling me about it in game reminds me of wildstar’s challenges. They were fun for like an hour, but by the time I hit the second zone and that rear end in a top hat morning DJ sounding fucker started yelling extreme in my ear my immediate response was always just “hey, can we just not right now?”

LITERALLY MY FETISH fucked around with this message at 09:20 on Apr 10, 2019

Mailer
Nov 4, 2009

v1ld posted:

Or, you know: Nitain.

I was talking about the reward track. Nitain is available now and more than likely available in all future Nightwave things. There is no argument there for not getting it eventually unless you cannot play the game enough to rack up 30k points over the course of 10 (or whatever they inevitably extend it to) weeks. At that point I'd say Nitain acquisition is the least of your problems.

v1ld posted:

That's like saying Profit Taker is a good boss because eventual heat death of the universe.

This analogy is the opposite of what I'm saying. I don't think time-limited content is great either - factions are way shittier than they should be because of rep caps. I hated the three hell weeks of weekend doublers plus two Baro visits plus Exploiter plus fracking. What I'm saying is the time-limited factor of the Nightwave reward track is a very odd hill to die on in a game with so many facets restricted by time.

LITERALLY MY FETISH
Nov 11, 2010

Raise Chris Coons' taxes so that we can have Medicare for All.

This nightwave stuff is manipulative bullshit, I say to myself as I open palm slam some warframe parts into the oven on a 12 hour timer, a full frame for 3 days, and some weapons for a day, after having cleared out my syndicate dailies, maxed out my rep for the day with SU, Quills, Cetus, and Simaris, and did some invasions for weapon parts and alerts for vauban parts and nitain.

Oh right I need to log in tomorrow too, only 3 more days for that primed shred, also baro’s gonna be here tomorrow and I still need to do my weekly ayatan treasure hunt and max out my focus, and in a few days that clan tech will finish researching and

Okay has the picture been painted in yet because there’s still more poo poo I could add to this list. The only thing not time gated is star map progress.

Prop Wash
Jun 12, 2010

My big horrible time gate right now is Forma. The slow drip is a mid-game nightmare because I’m trying to create endgame-worthy weapons and frames but I also want the dozens of weapons that require Forma to build. It’s almost like they did it on purpose!

The one thing I will call out as a legitimate grievance is that Forma should not be on a 24-hour timer. Nothing should be on a 24-hour timer. It creates an unpleasant pressure to click the button the second the timer finishes or accept that it’ll keep sliding to the right until eventually you’re either staying up late or missing a day. Make it 23 hours, give people some room to breathe.

RoadCrewWorker
Nov 19, 2007

camels aren't so great

Bloody Emissary posted:

I've been keeping track of this; entering and leaving Archwing (or sharkwing) makes a player's sentinel unable to be targeted by Safeguard.
god damnit DE. :smith: But thanks, at least now i know

LITERALLY MY FETISH posted:

The only thing not time gated is star map progress.
Some junction tasks need you to reach certain MRs which is time-gated by the daily rank challenge limit. :haw:

maybe it's different if you've gotten so used to all the other warframe-y stuff over years and have had everything maxed for ages now and have disengaged from anything but sortie/arby/relics at this point but as a relatively fresh player that just finished his frame collection this really doesn't push the needle for me any more than all the other inherent f2p structures.

RoadCrewWorker fucked around with this message at 10:32 on Apr 10, 2019

Bug Squash
Mar 18, 2009

I tried out that 0 forma Nezha build, and I'm pretty happy with the results. Probably going to invest too many forma into this bad boy.

I think I'll slot in a safeguard since keeping the sentinel alive is pretty important, and work on boosting his strength.

Tylana
May 5, 2011

Pillbug

Prop Wash posted:

My big horrible time gate right now is Forma. The slow drip is a mid-game nightmare because I’m trying to create endgame-worthy weapons and frames but I also want the dozens of weapons that require Forma to build. It’s almost like they did it on purpose!

The one thing I will call out as a legitimate grievance is that Forma should not be on a 24-hour timer. Nothing should be on a 24-hour timer. It creates an unpleasant pressure to click the button the second the timer finishes or accept that it’ll keep sliding to the right until eventually you’re either staying up late or missing a day. Make it 23 hours, give people some room to breathe.

You could buy forma with plat if you really want. 3 for 35 I think? Not going to advice it though. The build time is a pacing mechanism but I will admit, 22 or 23 hours would make it feel more 'once a day' ish.

The app lets you do foundry and excavators if you want to manage them away from the computer. Doesn't get you daily login, but a week or so away doing other games tapping the more forma button isn't the worst thing in the world.

ElegantFugue
Jun 5, 2012

Mailer posted:

The part that continues to confuse/amuse me is that this is the entire game. The only way it's not is if you extend your playtime to infinity. Rep gain is daily, sorties are daily, Baro is a 6-10 hour farm every two weeks, and dolons are not only daily for rep gain but locked to specific brief times during the day. The entire game is full of these mechanics but they're deemed ok because theoretically if you extend the timeline out far enough you'll eventually get there. Sure, it'll take literal years (during which time everything unique on the WoSS tree will be available and/or deprecated and NW itself will be changed/replaced several times over) but you'll get there!

This first run of Nightwave, though, that's a unique one-time-only event to get stuff which will never again be available and if you can't have it you should just uninstall.

You and I are using "time limit" very differently here.
Rep and sorties are indeed daily. If I don't feel like doing them today, I can do them tomorrow, or next week, or next month, or even next year. Nothing changes. The amount you can get per day is limited, but you can try again the next day you feel like playing with no loss.
Baro isn't a fully linear track. When he arrives, I look and see what I want, and say "okay I'm getting that thing and that thing and LOL at Primed Reflex Coil" and put in the work for just the parts I want. Even if it were, the resource needed for him- Ducats- are collected in significant numbers just by playing the game and getting Prime bits, which is already a core part of the normal gameplay loop.
Dolons are available every night, all night, and anyway Dolon availability already is annoying and dumb, there's been so many times where I said "you know what I actually feel like farming Dolon rewards, let's go check- oh it'll be night in 62 minutes, nevermind I guess"
And the old Alert system was unreliable, but it operated on a known rotation of a month or three, where if something didn't show up when you needed it, you knew it'd be back again soon enough, and all you had to wait for was it to show up just once at the right time.

Nightwave, on the other hand, sets a 10 week period where you don't have any control over the rewards, so whatever the highest-level reward you want is, you have to set aside enough time during that 10-week period to get up to that rank. If you don't make it in time, everything you did towards it during that ten-week period is wasted, because they've said that Nightwave rep is reset between rotations.
A better comparison would be events like Vallis Fractures, where you have the two weeks to unlock an Opticor Vandal and build up a stack of Thermia for Exploiter, but, that's two weeks long and you can put in the time anywhere during those two weeks. This is 10 weeks long, and you need to put in somewhere between 6-7 weeks of significant time input and 9-10 weeks of moderate time input throughout the entire event, with each week being treated separately, which is different from most of the other timers and tracks in Warframe so far in a way that is making people uncomfortable.

I'm okay with the current selections for the upper tiers- the Umbra Forma is the only real gameplay mechanic thing hidden away behind the LEET TURBO MODE ranks, and I get the sense that they genuinely want Umbra mods to be a thing that only late-late game players who are looking for the most extreme of content should try to concern themselves with- but I can definitely sympathize with people who are looking at the track and the finite time window before all progress is tossed and not liking what they see. If nothing else, returning and new players just starting the game up now in week 6 (7? They also need to show how many weeks are left somewhere, I've had to go by memory and devstream reminders the entire time) are just out of luck on the upper tiers, and are more likely to look at the whole system and say 'meh' because their track is just plain shorter than everyone else's.

Tulip
Jun 3, 2008

yeah thats pretty good

Maybe it's just the framing that's annoying? It's pretty hard to play more that half a hour at a stretch without Nora rambling, and the whole thing has shifted the social aspect of the game toward a more guided experience, so even if it's not important it still feels ubiquitous. Like how not that many air particles are from your fart but it's still hard to ignore.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Nora only chimes in when you check the Nightwave menu, if you hit the "excessive dialogue/hints" toggle that got added last week or whatever, FYI.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

I love nora telling me I'm doing good for the world when I'm looting a poor crewman's locker.

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

Synthbuttrange posted:

I love nora telling me I'm doing good for the world when I'm looting a poor crewman's locker.
I love how the 'tickle of reward' line lampshades the abusive skinner box that is nightwave. I mean people can say that ultimately the game was always like this, but it was never so overtly manipulative.

I can't wait for nightwave season 1 to become something we all look back on with regret.

RoadCrewWorker
Nov 19, 2007

camels aren't so great

Bobby Deluxe posted:

. I mean people can say that ultimately the game was always like this, but it was never so overtly manipulative.
Jordas straight up has lines that you're only helping him/doing the quest "for the parts, like all the others". Of course it was.

But it's really hilarious to see how those Nora lines suddenly hit a little to close to home for some after years of relic gambling dopamine.

dexefiend
Apr 25, 2003

THE GOGGLES DO NOTHING!

Mister No posted:

Grouping with goons is as easy as saying "*activity* +3" in clan chat, and again in alliance chat if need be.

The greatest trick has been revealed!

Want to do something and not have lovely pubbies in your team?

Try, "<desired activity> +3" in guild and alliance chat!

Prop Wash
Jun 12, 2010

And if you’re in the GOON clan please post in alliance as much as possible, AKGOON clan chat is pretty much silent. If you’re a new player, do not join AKGOON.

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan

Prop Wash posted:

And if you’re in the GOON clan please post in alliance as much as possible, AKGOON clan chat is pretty much silent. If you’re a new player, do not join AKGOON.

well yeah ak goons need to post more, too

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Associate Justice Lena "Kegels" Dunham: An uncool thought to have: 'is that guy walking in the dark behind me a rapist? Never mind, he's Asian.

Bobby Deluxe posted:

I love how the 'tickle of reward' line lampshades the abusive skinner box that is nightwave. I mean people can say that ultimately the game was always like this, but it was never so overtly manipulative.

lol quests are abusive now, dang

hazardousmouse
Dec 17, 2010

LITERALLY MY FETISH posted:

This nightwave stuff is manipulative bullshit, I say to myself as I open palm slam some warframe parts into the oven on a 12 hour timer, a full frame for 3 days, and some weapons for a day, after having cleared out my syndicate dailies, maxed out my rep for the day with SU, Quills, Cetus, and Simaris, and did some invasions for weapon parts and alerts for vauban parts and nitain.

Oh right I need to log in tomorrow too, only 3 more days for that primed shred, also baro’s gonna be here tomorrow and I still need to do my weekly ayatan treasure hunt and max out my focus, and in a few days that clan tech will finish researching and

Okay has the picture been painted in yet because there’s still more poo poo I could add to this list. The only thing not time gated is star map progress.

These timed gates eidolons are bullshit I exclaim as I palm slap my umbral forma into limbo. I then sit my rifted rear end in the center of my syndicate demon circle, having switched sides to collect all six.

I’m so manipulated. gently caress You DE for psychologically manipulating me.

Kaiju Cage Match
Nov 5, 2012

Prop Wash posted:

AKGOON has that sweet nametag regalia, but does their dojo have a snowman war?

gaj70
Jan 26, 2013

Prop Wash posted:

Also, join the Discord server.

central dogma
Feb 25, 2012

Come to the Undead Settlement in the next 20 mins if u want an ash kicking
Equinox Duality augment is making me lazy. Please send help!

hazardousmouse
Dec 17, 2010

central dogma posted:

Equinox Duality augment is making me lazy. Please send help!

I’m using this as I level up equi prime cause the 1 is basically useless otherwise at early levels. Does it ever last a decent amount of time at lvl 30? Cause recasting every 10 seconds would get old fast

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Associate Justice Lena "Kegels" Dunham: An uncool thought to have: 'is that guy walking in the dark behind me a rapist? Never mind, he's Asian.

Raptor1033 posted:

I’m using this as I level up equi prime cause the 1 is basically useless otherwise at early levels. Does it ever last a decent amount of time at lvl 30? Cause recasting every 10 seconds would get old fast

Duality scales with power duration. Wiki says 30 seconds is maximum duration. Realistically you'll get maybe 20

central dogma
Feb 25, 2012

Come to the Undead Settlement in the next 20 mins if u want an ash kicking
Yeah I've got mine built for 20 seconds, which actually feels like a long rear end time. I don't build for 30 seconds because the specter can often be dead by then anyway.

Mailer
Nov 4, 2009

ElegantFugue posted:

Rep and sorties are indeed daily. If I don't feel like doing them today, I can do them tomorrow, or next week, or next month, or even next year. Nothing changes. The amount you can get per day is limited, but you can try again the next day you feel like playing with no loss.

This is true, and why I brought up that the difference between NW and everything else is in the timeline. I'm not bashing the people who don't have as much playtime but I don't want to wait a month, let alone a year, to get new stuff. Who even knows what Warframe will be in a year. Like people above me have said - this stuff was always in the game if you don't consider the option of waiting an extremely long duration of real life time.

Prop Wash posted:

If you’re a new player, do not join AKGOON.

The real solution is convincing people in Goon to use Alliance chat and this is proudly avoided for... reasons? It's mostly not an issue for primetime US so you only really notice it during off-peak hours.

hazardousmouse
Dec 17, 2010

Mailer posted:

This is true, and why I brought up that the difference between NW and everything else is in the timeline. I'm not bashing the people who don't have as much playtime but I don't want to wait a month, let alone a year, to get new stuff. Who even knows what Warframe will be in a year. Like people above me have said - this stuff was always in the game if you don't consider the option of waiting an extremely long duration of real life time.

The real solution is convincing people in Goon to use Alliance chat and this is proudly avoided for... reasons? It's mostly not an issue for primetime US so you only really notice it during off-peak hours.

This is weird. The community on PS4 is small enough that all communication happens in alliance.

Scuba Trooper
Feb 25, 2006

As AKGOON President I’ll readily admit our key appeal right now is the name tag, cheaper research and turtle statues, because our dojo is very utilitarian since I don’t have time to make it a nightmare hellscape. I’m booting people who haven’t joined after weeks/played yet because I don’t want to kick up a rank before we finish the color we’re working on, so we can be neon pink and purple eventually and maybe actually finish hema (maybe we did? Though why bother tbh)

If anyone wants a promotion to add decor besides whoever has it already, holler

metasynthetic
Dec 2, 2005

in one moment, Earth

in the next, Heaven

Megamarm
My wishlist for Nightwave 2:
- Make rep gain / spending more like other factions, give me a big rear end store and let me spend my points how I see fit. I do not give a crap about 90% of the rewards I've gotten so far
- Make it so that getting the top rank stuff (umbral forma / armor bits), if that's all you're focused on, takes like half as much time. I feel like all of my playtime now is just spent on Nightwave and it's cool that it gets me out of my comfort zone more, but sometimes I just wanna kick back and grind EOS / fissure defense / whatever.

I feel like I have made almost no progress in anything non-Nightwave since it came out, unless I'm making an effort to play the game more than is really fun. If it was a busy time of year at work I would have just been screwed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Apparently there was a devstream today that escaped everyone's notice. Rebb said we're getting a patch today that will include Garuda and Revenant's first augments. Also Atlas Deluxe, for my fellow bad frame lovers.

Khora Deluxe preview coming in the next couple devstreams :getin: