Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Also sometimes the helmet breaks and you see their eye underneath and it's THE BEST poo poo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SpazmasterX
Jul 13, 2006

Wrong about everything XIV related
~fartz~

Waffleman_ posted:

Also sometimes the helmet breaks and you see their eye underneath and it's THE BEST poo poo

But part of you also wonders why they didn't demorph this time.

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Again a very likpatous story

Fred is on posted:

Zi-O 29: Was that the actual café set from Blade? Unlikely since it's a 2004 show, but I want to believe that they went for that deep of a cut.

It looks like the actual cafe to me. There might be some changes to it but it definitely looks pretty similar at least.

V-Men
Aug 15, 2001

Don't it make your dick bust concrete to be in the same room with two noble, selfless public servants.

Larryb posted:

Zi-O 29 is out

Huh, a female Another Rider. That's neat. Out of curiosity, is the woman playing Amane here the same actress who played her as a child in Blade? Nice to see Diend again at any rate.

Nice that they acknowledged the end of Blade but how exactly was Kenzaki still able to transform while Another Blade was still around?

Swartz didn't change history to create Another Blade. How he created the RideWatch though is a mystery.

Also great to see Daiki Kaitoh back, but I hope he gets a chance to ham it up with Tsukasa.

V-Men fucked around with this message at 03:13 on Apr 8, 2019

Cough Drop The Beat
Jan 22, 2012

by Lowtax
I assume the mystery behind how Another Blade was created in 2019 will be answered by the fact that the Battle Fight never ended, which uniquely allowed Swartz to create the RideWatch in the present. It's actually a very cool homage to Blade!

Dessel
Feb 21, 2011

First impressions of Kuuga: I didn't realize I could have nostalgia of the early 00's yet (holy poo poo did electronics look like that back then?) but honestly this is the best part of the series so far.

Garo: Even with the outdated CGI this thing seems way more interesting and has way more hooks for potential twists right from the beginning - oh, and battle choreography is actually engaging so far. Might actually binge this first.

Dessel fucked around with this message at 19:31 on Apr 8, 2019

Geostomp
Oct 22, 2008

Unite: MASH!!
~They've got the bad guys on the run!~

NachtSieger posted:

Does anyone have that tweet about how Build is paced on hand? I need to show it to a friend and I can't find it.

Can you tell me the gist of that post?

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Again a very likpatous story
I just realized that so far there isn't really a mentor character in Ryusoulger. There was that old dude from the village in the first couple of episodes I thought was going to be the mentor but he hasn't appeared in the last couple. I wonder if he's going to come back, or if there's going to be another mentor character, or if they're just not going to have one.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

I was pretty sure he died along with most if not all of the village.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Kuuga is my favorite KR bar none though I think this makes me a statistical outlier

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Xarbala posted:

Kuuga is my favorite KR bar none though I think this makes me a statistical outlier

He's up there.

V3 is my absolute favorite, but Kuuga is loving up there. He and Black are basically tied for me

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Black is cool as poo poo. He nails that "I'm gonna beat some rear end" look real good.

What little I've seen of Amazon makes him one of my faves. Dude somehow manages to keep it jungle in the middle of the bustling city. Plus he bites chunks out of monsters, sometimes untransformed.

gourdcaptain
Nov 16, 2012

coconono posted:

Black is cool as poo poo. He nails that "I'm gonna beat some rear end" look real good.

What little I've seen of Amazon makes him one of my faves. Dude somehow manages to keep it jungle in the middle of the bustling city. Plus he bites chunks out of monsters, sometimes untransformed.

It helps when you're incapable of wearing most shirts due to your transformation bracelet. And then his midseason upgrade form is a shirt that fits.

NachtSieger
Apr 10, 2013

Geostomp posted:

Can you tell me the gist of that post?

Roughly:

"How normal shows are paced:
How Build is paced:"

Attached are a pic of a three act graph and then a space shuttle launch

Craptacular!
Jul 9, 2001

Fuck the DH
At this point I would suggest "How Build is paced" should be an image of the Challenger launch.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Craptacular! posted:

At this point I would suggest "How Build is paced" should be an image of the Challenger launch.

I wanted to make that joke but I'm glad you did first

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum

Burkion posted:

I wanted to make that joke but I'm glad you did first

Burk, I'm honestly disappointed you didn't make it

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

jivjov posted:

I get enough poo poo for not gelling with new Toku as is man

Coq au Nandos
Nov 7, 2006

I think I would say to my daughters if they were to ask me this question... A shitpost is the greatest gift that you can give someone, the ultimate gift of giving and don't give it to someone lightly, that's what I would say.

jivjov posted:

Do you know who else didn’t make it

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

I mean, who would have noticed another madman around here?

I'd say it's in the end more like the Apollo 13 :
Came after success, amazing rocketride of a launch, then something went wrong and they had to stretch for time to keep (the crew) going. Landed fine.

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas magic
The stupid-rear end Lost Smash arc was not fine.

Cipher Pol 9
Oct 9, 2006

I'm assuming the Lost Smash and Dad arc is the stretching they're referring to. The actual ending, regarding the tower and the final fights and such, was indeed good IMO. Lost Smash and the special bottles and whatnot was dumb and took too long. But at least I was just bored, I didn't hate it like I did the Ganmeisers.

Cipher Pol 9 fucked around with this message at 09:59 on Apr 10, 2019

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER
The Ganmeisers are lowkey probably one of the worst plot points ever to be in a toku. I'm confident in saying there was nothing good about them at all.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

I will never forget how that arc added a female Rider only for her to last like a minute, attack once, accomplish nothing, then get de-powered and never fight again.

God Ghost was awful.

King of Solomon
Oct 23, 2008

S S

Blaze Dragon posted:

I will never forget how that arc added a female Rider only for her to last like a minute, attack once, accomplish nothing, then get de-powered and never fight again.

God Ghost was awful.

I legitimately forgot that happened. It's hard to say if that's actually worse than how they normally treat their female characters, though. Rider is pretty consistently awful at that.

Cough Drop The Beat
Jan 22, 2012

by Lowtax

Blaze Dragon posted:

God Ghost was awful.

Alia was the only genuinely cool female character in Ghost too, and the show kept hyping her up as this mysteriously strong possible badass. She transforms into pink Necrom... and gets annihilated in seconds. She doesn't even show up in a movie again. This is in the same series where Akari, the only other notable woman, has her accomplishments repeatedly undermined and invalidated by men. While Kanon was barely a character and never did a thing.

Ghost was horrible. gently caress that show.

Caphi
Jan 6, 2012

INCREDIBLE
What was actively offensive about the Ganmaisers? All I remember is they were the high tier monsters and Takeru needs Infinity Thank You to fight them.

SpazmasterX
Jul 13, 2006

Wrong about everything XIV related
~fartz~
Toy scans for Ryusoulger are out. No surprises here, Just a lot of wasted designs and ideas for a mediocre mecha imo. The new gold zord looks great alone in both modes, but combined is a dumpster fire of "poo poo where do we put all these pieces?" so it ends up mostly standing on the gold zord while the head chills on an arm. No six zord combination to be seen yet. Love the idea of a pair of arm zords that also combine together, but it's just probably just another "use it a couple times and it never shows up again once the toy is out" situation.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

King of Solomon posted:

I legitimately forgot that happened. It's hard to say if that's actually worse than how they normally treat their female characters, though. Rider is pretty consistently awful at that.

For all Minato was horribly handled, at least she's consistently shown as a fighter and gets to transform several times. She has her role, badly handled as it may be. I can't say the same about Alia, who exists to get owned.

The standards for "competent" in Ghost are horribly low and even there Alia fails.

SpazmasterX posted:

Toy scans for Ryusoulger are out. No surprises here, Just a lot of wasted designs and ideas for a mediocre mecha imo. The new gold zord looks great alone in both modes, but combined is a dumpster fire of "poo poo where do we put all these pieces?" so it ends up mostly standing on the gold zord while the head chills on an arm. No six zord combination to be seen yet. Love the idea of a pair of arm zords that also combine together, but it's just probably just another "use it a couple times and it never shows up again once the toy is out" situation.

Toy scans in question.

King of Solomon
Oct 23, 2008

S S

Blaze Dragon posted:

For all Minato was horribly handled, at least she's consistently shown as a fighter and gets to transform several times. She has her role, badly handled as it may be. I can't say the same about Alia, who exists to get owned.

The standards for "competent" in Ghost are horribly low and even there Alia fails.

Toy scans in question.

To be clear, I'm talking about female characters in Rider in general, not just women who transform. This is important because there are several female characters who SHOULD transform but don't, which is an issue that you can point straight at the fact that they're women in Rider.

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER

Caphi posted:

What was actively offensive about the Ganmaisers? All I remember is they were the high tier monsters and Takeru needs Infinity Thank You to fight them.

They were boring robots he fought like ten times, they were almost all he fought in the endgame compounding how bad Ghost was with its villains, and then even when he killed some they came back once or twice.

Also only he could beat them while Specter and Necrom were useless, but nothing different there really.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
having invincible enemies that keep coming back only works in the short term. when they keep coming back over the course of like 20 episodes they stop being even vaguely threatening.

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013

gimme the GOD drat candy posted:

having invincible enemies that keep coming back only works in the short term. when they keep coming back over the course of like 20 episodes they stop being even vaguely threatening.

Yeah, that was the ganmaizers biggest problem. Their original introduction and fight, I felt, was great.
Also the fact that they weren't even close to a threat against Ultimate Takeru didn't help either.

I was pretty okay with Akari. She did well as friend and she scienced quite a lot, ultimately being fairly important to the story. But then she may have looked better because the rest of the supporting cast was the absolute worst I've seen.

Caphi
Jan 6, 2012

INCREDIBLE
Did Akari get better then, because I gave up on her at the Newton/Himika episode where she spends the entire episode trying to build a new machine only for Takeru to get a new power that obviates it in the last minute.

Cough Drop The Beat
Jan 22, 2012

by Lowtax
Uh, yeah. I remember Akari accomplishing far less than even Makoto, who existed exclusively as the designated jobber and almost never won a fight after he became best friends forever with Takeru. Not that Alain did any better, but at least he had focus in the (very bad) story sometimes, while Makoto was nothing more than Takeru's greatest cheerleader with basically zero plot relevance.

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013
Next to being designated cheerleader, Akari made the weird confetti thing to show ghosts and she opened a portal to the other world. I want to say she also made an anti ghost weapon, but it's hard to remember ghost.
As far as supporting female companion was, she was fairly useful. At least more so than Spectre, but that a very low bar to clear.

I still love him showing up in Zio in almost the exact same capacity as in Ghost, except with less jobbing.

Serperoth
Feb 21, 2013

So there's a pic of Evolt's new suit floating around.

Not gonna spoiler tag it cause it's literally everywhere for some reason

https://edition.cnn.com/2019/04/10/world/black-hole-photo-scn/index.html

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Serperoth posted:

lol

Cough Drop The Beat
Jan 22, 2012

by Lowtax

Serperoth posted:

:laugh:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cipher Pol 9
Oct 9, 2006

Cough Drop The Beat posted:

Uh, yeah. I remember Akari accomplishing far less than even Makoto, who existed exclusively as the designated jobber and almost never won a fight after he became best friends forever with Takeru. Not that Alain did any better, but at least he had focus in the (very bad) story sometimes, while Makoto was nothing more than Takeru's greatest cheerleader with basically zero plot relevance.
Reducing early Specter, the avatar of Rage and Repeatedly Kicking Takeru's rear end, to what he became after episode 11 or so is perhaps Ghost's greatest sin. I was a HUGE Specter fan early in the show and he was saving it for me after a lukewarm start and I swear I held out hope for far longer than I should have before ultimately giving up on him. What a shitshow of a character, and don't even mention his stupid goddamn movie.