Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Michael Transactions
Nov 11, 2013

I.N.R.I posted:

wots the imp zone verdict then now that most have u have probly finished.

i like bb more but this is v good

a Loving Dog posted:

some of the hitboxes on demon of hatred's moves are absolute horseshit lol

yeah that boss is the hardest in the game imo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Over There
Jun 28, 2013

by Azathoth

spb posted:

I got to him last night but I think I'm going to save him for last.

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

It was the most fun first playthrough of a From Software game for me and the 2nd run of NG with both of the hard modifiers turned on has been just as fun and way more challenging. I have never really been into NG+ in From games or any games really, but NG+ in this is more or less jogging to bosses because there's no real incentive to do the side content on a cleared file. I'm not really into that, choosing what side content to do before tackling the mandatory stuff and sneaking around each area were important parts of the game to me. Luckily there are tons of ways to make a NG run more difficult than normal beyond the damage and health bump that comes with NG+. I'll definitely replay the game a lot but it's going to be on a fresh file every time most likely.

a Loving Dog
May 12, 2001

more like a Barking Dog, woof!

spb posted:

honestly i dont even think he's that hard. i know how to beat him and can consistently get through the first phase using 0-1 gourds, you just play him like a dark souls boss (always run towards him or be near him and dodge/drift to the right, you don't need to even use block the entire fight). the hitboxes on his fire moves are very, very generous though and so i get caught a lot when it looks like i shouldn't.

Michael Transactions
Nov 11, 2013

a Loving Dog posted:

honestly i dont even think he's that hard. i know how to beat him and can consistently get through the first phase using 0-1 gourds, you just play him like a dark souls boss (always run towards him or be near him and dodge/drift to the right, you don't need to even use block the entire fight). the hitboxes on his fire moves are very, very generous though and so i get caught a lot when it looks like i shouldn't.

yeah, the camera sucked during that fight also. I probably died 10 times from being stuck in a corner and not being able to run away when he does the jump

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

I’m on the last boss so I haven’t beaten it yet but right now I think it ranks #1 for me, even over Bloodborne and DS1.

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

this game abandoning the soulsbourne level formula of levels having to wrap around themselves for shortcuts to work around a central bonfire etc. and instead just putting checkpoints before and after every major encounter does a lot of good for the level design and overall flow of the game. levels can just be fresh and their own thing instead of having to be interconnected

going back to DS3/BB is painful now because when you die to a boss you have to sit and wait for elevators or charge through "shortcuts" for a whole 3 minutes every time you just want to fight the boss again. i remember for the shadows fight in BB there was a maze of elevators to navigate and then you had to remember the right path to them and sekiro said "gently caress all that, just put bonfires everywhere" and it makes the game so much better lol

Michael Transactions
Nov 11, 2013

extremebuff posted:

this game abandoning the soulsbourne level formula of levels having to wrap around themselves for shortcuts to work around a central bonfire etc. and instead just putting checkpoints before and after every major encounter does a lot of good for the level design and overall flow of the game. levels can just be fresh and their own thing instead of having to be interconnected

going back to DS3/BB is painful now because when you die to a boss you have to sit and wait for elevators or charge through "shortcuts" for a whole 3 minutes every time you just want to fight the boss again. i remember for the shadows fight in BB there was a maze of elevators to navigate and then you had to remember the right path to them and sekiro said "gently caress all that, just put bonfires everywhere" and it makes the game so much better lol

One of my complaints about the game is that there are too many bonfires. Like, theres a bonfire before the corrupt monk and then one right afterwards? Its weird. My other complaint was the resuse of bosses and minibosses was meh. I wonder how much Activision changed things.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I seen the "Activision made the game too easy" idea a lot and it makes no sense to me

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

all the actual bosses are unique and minibosses usually have a twist when theyre repeated, like having to fight them in a very different setting or dealing with them being surrounded by enemies.

plus when a miniboss shows up again later in the game you whoop their rear end since you already know their moves and get to feel how much youve grown which is cool imo

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

The themes and twist in BB is kind of impossible to top imo

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

agreed. this game has some really sick locations and designs though, and some of the more cinematic moments blows every western game out of the water

Michael Transactions
Nov 11, 2013

extremebuff posted:

all the actual bosses are unique and minibosses usually have a twist when theyre repeated, like having to fight them in a very different setting or dealing with them being surrounded by enemies.

plus when a miniboss shows up again later in the game you whoop their rear end since you already know their moves and get to feel how much youve grown which is cool imo

I guess, I don't think there are major differences between the three versions of Juzou the Drunkard that you fight. Maybe if they repeated a boss once, its cool. But like after beating the Chained Ogre for like the fourth time its like, alright great.

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

I did laugh at the bonfire on the castle roof one short flight of stairs above the bonfire in the prince's room. wtf

kalel
Jun 19, 2012

It's a fantastic game but

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

kalel
Jun 19, 2012

Also for any one in this thread who played nioh: Should I even bother?

Michael Transactions
Nov 11, 2013

No

kalel
Jun 19, 2012

ok good

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

SciFiDownBeat posted:

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

SciFiDownBeat posted:

it seemed like a total mess when i played it, i wanna give it a second shot some day when its dirt cheap lol

Michael Transactions
Nov 11, 2013

Imagine running through a burning Shinto shrine collecting items. There, you just played Nioh.

Frenz
Jan 14, 2009

spb posted:

I guess, I don't think there are major differences between the three versions of Juzou the Drunkard that you fight. Maybe if they repeated a boss once, its cool. But like after beating the Chained Ogre for like the fourth time its like, alright great.

I agree and I wasnt crazy about a couple of the late game areas either. The last boss definitely helped me get over it though.

Ragg
Apr 27, 2003

<The Honorable Badgers>

I.N.R.I posted:

feels kinda cool seeing u post that.. idk why. i guess cos u hated dark souls or something? i have like this vague memrory of a couple ppl on this forum taking every opportunity to put dark souls on blast

I love Dark Souls its just fun to act like i hate it cuz of the camera or whatever or like saying argh that stalker game with the drat dogs!!!!!! unplayable

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

The BB style and dramatic reveal was still the best in the series, but if we’re evaluating strictly the product at launch Seikiro easily beats BB solely off the loading times

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

In Training posted:

I seen the "Activision made the game too easy" idea a lot and it makes no sense to me

drat....looks like this time the goalposts moved the gatekeepers

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Nioh has diablo loot ... al you need to know really.

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011
nioh had a good combat system .. well, if u ignored all the buffs and ninja magic type poo poo like i did and just played it souls style. i didnt finish it though cos its too long and it reuses maps a lot. some of the bosses in it were really good

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

In Training posted:

Nioh has diablo loot ... al you need to know really.

its also done in the most obnoxious way possible... i wasnt even done w the tutorial at a friends house and I had hundreds of bullshit items to sift through in the inventory menu lol like what the hell

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Nioh is cool but gets in its own way a lot and has some insanely annoying design that seems intended to get in the way of the good basic gameplay. it's a team ninja game essentially. I burned out before I got to the DLC.

Sex Tragedy
Jan 28, 2007

father of three with an extra large butt

a Loving Dog posted:

some of the hitboxes on demon of hatred's moves are absolute horseshit lol

His lore is epic

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

Scrub-Niggurath posted:

The BB style and dramatic reveal was still the best in the series, but if we’re evaluating strictly the product at launch Seikiro easily beats BB solely off the loading times

The load times are incredibly short, and the game itself is like 12gb or something crazy like that. Good poo poo

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Sex Tragedy posted:

His lore is epic

ALl the lore is epic if you ask me.

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

In Training posted:

ALl the lore is epic if you ask me.
No one asked you.

Michael Transactions
Nov 11, 2013

Destroying the demon's balls ftw

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

Ragg posted:

I love Dark Souls its just fun to act like i hate it cuz of the camera or whatever or like saying argh that stalker game with the drat dogs!!!!!! unplayable

Its been so long since i plaued stalker i dont even remember dogs

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

mysterious loyall X posted:

Now is not the time for dogs

Sivek
Nov 12, 2012

extremebuff posted:

i wasnt even done w the tutorial at a friends house and I had hundreds of bullshit items to sift through in the inventory menu lol like what the hell

this and hearing it has upgrades like 3% more spear damage is the reason I've never played nioh.

i hate spending time in inventories unless it's re4.

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

spb posted:

Destroying the demon's balls ftw

feeling sorry about his balls

Ragg
Apr 27, 2003

<The Honorable Badgers>

mysterious loyall X posted:

I dont think i actually had problems with dogs at any point.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Ragg posted:

I dont think i actually had problems with dogs at any point.

lmao