Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who do you want to be the 2020 Democratic Nominee?
This poll is closed.
Joe "the liberal who fights busing" Biden 27 1.40%
Bernie "please don't die" Sanders 1017 52.69%
Cory "charter schools" Booker 12 0.62%
Kirsten "wall street" Gillibrand 24 1.24%
Kamala "truancy queen" Harris 59 3.06%
Julian "who?" Castro 7 0.36%
Tulsi "gay panic" Gabbard 25 1.30%
Michael "crimes crimes crimes" Avenatti 22 1.14%
Sherrod "discount bernie" Brown 21 1.09%
Amy "horrible boss" Klobuchar 12 0.62%
Tammy "stands for america" Duckworth 48 2.49%
Beto "whataburger" O'Rourke 32 1.66%
Elizabeth "instagram beer" Warren 284 14.72%
Tom "impeach please" Steyer 4 0.21%
Michael "soda is the devil" Bloomberg 9 0.47%
Joseph Stalin 287 14.87%
Howard "coffee republican" Schultz 10 0.52%
Jay "nobody cares about climate change :(" Inslee 13 0.67%
Pete "gently caress the homeless" Butt Man 17 0.88%
Total: 1930 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

VH4Ever posted:

Right. So the best we can do is a 9/11 truther.

We really are hosed as a country. Whew.

I think I WILL enter the race, exclusively on a platform that all vaccines are bullshit. Donate to me, please.

Not shocking you equate anti-imperialism with anti-science.

But yes this country is hosed, duh. "America is Already Great" didn't work as a slogan for a reason.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

You really want to lord it over people that they threw $1 towards something good, huh?

Oh no, my McChicken budget! What a shame it went towards a possibility of getting anti imperialism talking points in the debates.

gently caress off with trying to shame people for believing in a better world.

VH4Ever
Oct 1, 2005

by sebmojo

Trabisnikof posted:

Not shocking you equate anti-imperialism with anti-science.

No, I'm comparing nutter conspiracy theories apples to apples. But sure, I love war. You got me there. :rolleyes:

WampaLord posted:

You really want to lord it over people that they threw $1 towards something good, huh?

Oh no, my McChicken budget! What a shame it went towards a possibility of getting anti imperialism talking points in the debates.

If we're lucky he'll be able to slip the Building 7 stuff in too.

EDIT

My lunch today? Spite McChickens.

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

VH4Ever posted:

No, I'm comparing nutter conspiracy theories apples to apples. But sure, I love war. You got me there. :rolleyes:

EDIT

But he isn't running on 9/11 Trutherism, he's running on anti-imperialism. That's the difference between your glib equivalency to running on anti-vaccine.

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

VH4Ever posted:

EDIT

:smug: Heh, you naive children, wanting for good talking points to be brought up in the debates, be more cynical like me and realize that since literally no one is perfect, we should never try to do anything positive ever :smug:

loving get over yourself, this is the real :matters: poo poo that the lefties get accused of peddling.

Typo
Aug 19, 2009

Chernigov Military Aviation Lyceum
The Fighting Slowpokes

VH4Ever posted:

I think I WILL enter the race, exclusively on a platform that all vaccines are bullshit. Donate to me, please.

isn't trump a truther too?

VH4Ever
Oct 1, 2005

by sebmojo

Typo posted:

isn't trump a truther too?

Are you donating to his campaign?

Typo
Aug 19, 2009

The Fighting Slowpokes

VH4Ever posted:

Are you donating to his campaign?

no? what does that have to do with antyhing

King of Solomon
Oct 23, 2008

S S

VH4Ever posted:

Unfortunately, legitimately anti-imperialist voices are extremely rare in American politics.

VH4Ever
Oct 1, 2005

by sebmojo

Trabisnikof posted:

But he isn't running on 9/11 Trutherism, he's running on anti-imperialism. That's the difference between your glib equivalency to running on anti-vaccine.

But he's a truther running on anti-imperialism. You don't see the problem with your supposed "voice of reason" on foreverwars being a conspiracy nutter? And *I* am the one not understanding what's going on here?

King of Solomon posted:

Unfortunately, legitimately anti-imperialist voices are extremely rare in American politics.

Hey, spend your money however you like. Myself, I'll be having some bad chicken and I'll enjoy it.

selec
Sep 6, 2003

VH4Ever posted:

EDIT

Look at you thinking poo poo still matters in 2019. Just look at you. poo poo doesn’t matter. How the gently caress do you look at the president, all of it, and think it matters? This motherfucker could say the Matrix 3 was the best of the series and it would not matter. Nobody cares.

Typo
Aug 19, 2009

The Fighting Slowpokes

Trabisnikof posted:

you probably don't want the face of your movement to be jet fuel can't melt steel beams

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

VH4Ever posted:

But he's a truther running on anti-imperialism. You don't see the problem with your supposed "voice of reason" on foreverwars being a conspiracy nutter? And *I* am the one not understanding what's going on here?

Do you think he's going to bring up 9/11 trutherism at the debate if he somehow makes it there?

VH4Ever posted:

Hey, spend your money however you like. Myself, I'll be having some bad chicken and I'll enjoy it.

:jerkbag: love to shame people for putting their money where their mouth is, even if it's only $1

Typo posted:

you probably don't want the face of your movement to be jet fuel can't melt steel beams

And you probably don't want your Democratic presidential candidate to have used prison slave labor, but in the words of the philosopher Jagger, you can't always get what you want.

WampaLord fucked around with this message at 17:40 on Apr 10, 2019

King of Solomon
Oct 23, 2008

S S

VH4Ever posted:

So you would prefer a debate stage entirely devoid of anti-imperialist voices?

VH4Ever
Oct 1, 2005

by sebmojo

King of Solomon posted:

Yes. If the only such voices I could find also believe Building 7 was loving exploded on purpose.

King of Solomon
Oct 23, 2008

S S

VH4Ever posted:

Yes. If the only such voices I could find also believe Building 7 was loving exploded on purpose.

That's kinda hosed up, but you do you. Myself, I recognize the damage regularly caused by American imperialism and consider having a strong voice on the subject to be more important than litigating someone's completely irrelevant positions. This guy isn't going to be president.

LinYutang
Oct 12, 2016

NEOLIBERAL SHITPOSTER

:siren:
VOTE BLUE NO MATTER WHO!!!
:siren:

King of Solomon posted:

I'd prefer a disavowal of the connection between "anti-imperialism" and "9/11 trutherism".

Typo
Aug 19, 2009

The Fighting Slowpokes

King of Solomon posted:

That's kinda hosed up, but you do you. Myself, I recognize the damage regularly caused by American imperialism and consider having a strong voice on the subject to be more important than litigating someone's completely irrelevant positions. This guy isn't going to be president.

If the dude is on stage talking about US imperialism and building 7, the only thing people will remember is building 7

Studio
Jan 15, 2008

Well, we could listen to a lot of good leftist policy from a candidate that definitely has one Really Wrong Opinion, though it's not policy adjacent. Or we could only listen to bad policy from other candidates that just have a lot of smaller, wrong opinions, with those wrong opinions being directly impacting to their policy and human lives.

Typo
Aug 19, 2009

The Fighting Slowpokes
and also, Bernie does a pretty good job of denouncing Kissinger and w/e so you have a much more reasonable voice capable of convincing people so it's not like we are stuck with Jet Fuels 7

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Typo posted:

If the dude is on stage talking about US imperialism and building 7, the only thing people will remember is building 7

Oh, so you do think he's gonna bring up 9/11 trutherism if he makes it to the debate? With his 3-4 minutes of talk time, you think that's the issue he's gonna focus on?

e: vvv lol okay :jerkbag: yea that's definitely gonna happen

Typo
Aug 19, 2009

The Fighting Slowpokes

WampaLord posted:

Oh, so you do think he's gonna bring up 9/11 trutherism if he makes it to the debate? With his 3-4 minutes of talk time, you think that's the issue he's gonna focus on?

"Mr Gavel there are rumors swirling around that you believe 9/11 was an inside job and building 7 was blown up by Bush what is your answer"

VH4Ever
Oct 1, 2005

by sebmojo

King of Solomon posted:

Right, right, right, right, you're so much better a person than I am. I see that now.

When's the next war starting up?

Studio posted:

Well, we could listen to a lot of good leftist policy from a candidate that definitely has one Really Wrong Opinion, though it's not policy adjacent. Or we could only listen to bad policy from other candidates that just have a lot of smaller, wrong opinions, with those wrong opinions being directly impacting to their policy and human lives.

Dude, if you feel that LITERALLY EVERY OTHER CANDIDATE besides the 9/11 was an inside job guy has all poo poo policies, why are you even in this thread? Why bother voting for anyone at all?

VH4Ever fucked around with this message at 17:56 on Apr 10, 2019

DONT THREAD ON ME
Oct 1, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo
Floss Finder
No there are two or three with good policies and I want as many as possible to form a coalition against the army of bought and paid for corporate moderates.

hobotrashcanfires
Jul 24, 2013

VH4Ever posted:

I'm with you on this, he needs to disavow immediately and vociferously adopt the prevailing narrative that the 9/11 hijackers hated us for our freedoms and that's why we just had to go on to completely destabilize an entire region of the world leading to millions of deaths, to bring them the freedom they hate so much.

If only his "campaign" would stop it's 9/11 trutherism - which is all I've ever seen it do - and maybe mention how we spend trillions to murder countless people overseas in the nebulous pursuit of maintaining our hegemony.

God damnit Gravel, shut up about building seven and talk about the freedom we're desperately trying to give these backwards people at gunpoint. It's really stupid to care this much about a campaign (that won't win!) that just wants to get a message across that almost no one else even comes close to touching upon in the entirety of US politics. They aren't talking about 9/11 trutherism at all. Why the gently caress do you care?

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

Luckyellow posted:

"Biden surely will flameout and drop in the polls anytime soon" says increasingly nervous local man.

Technically he hasn't even flamed in yet.

Fritz Coldcockin
Nov 7, 2005

hobotrashcanfires posted:

I'm with you on this, he needs to disavow immediately and vociferously adopt the prevailing narrative that the 9/11 hijackers hated us for our freedoms and that's why we just had to go on to completely destabilize an entire region of the world leading to millions of deaths, to bring them the freedom they hate so much.

If only his "campaign" would stop it's 9/11 trutherism - which is all I've ever seen it do - and maybe mention how we spend trillions to murder countless people overseas in the nebulous pursuit of maintaining our hegemony.

God damnit Gravel, shut up about building seven and talk about the freedom we're desperately trying to give these backwards people at gunpoint. It's really stupid to care this much about a campaign (that won't win!) that just wants to get a message across that almost no one else even comes close to touching upon in the entirety of US politics. They aren't talking about 9/11 trutherism at all. Why the gently caress do you care?

This strawman is so big it's in danger of blotting out the sun.

Iron Twinkie
Apr 20, 2001

BOOP

I'd be more mad about Gravel being a 9/11 truther if the we hadn't spent the last two and half years labeling anyone that didn't believe the POTUS was a simulacrum controlled by a Russian Sorcerer King as a KGB agent.

hobotrashcanfires
Jul 24, 2013

Fritz Coldcockin posted:

This strawman is so big it's in danger of blotting out the sun.

Oh no, not a "strawman".

King of Solomon
Oct 23, 2008

S S

VH4Ever posted:

Right, right, right, right, you're so much better a person than I am. I see that now.

When's the next war starting up?

I'm not trying to present my position as morally superior, just laying out what my priorities are. And to answer your question, that depends on how our meddling in Venezuela goes.

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

Oh no, not a "strawman".

lmao

selec
Sep 6, 2003

I want to see Mike Gravel crash his (rhetorical) plane into centrist Democrat rhetoric and campaigns, and if he doesn’t think that will do the trick, I will accept a controlled rhetorical demolition instead.

No Safe Word
Feb 26, 2005

Gravel's a joke why is anyone talking about him. The teens running his twitter was fun for a bit but can we move on now.

Ague Proof
Jun 5, 2014

they told me
I was everything

Comey was such a good pick.

Fritz Coldcockin
Nov 7, 2005

Oh no, not a "strawman".

You're insinuating that there's no daylight between "maybe we shouldn't put a guy on the debate stage who thinks aliens helped Bush knock down the towers" and "PURGE ALL THE UNCLEAN ANTI-IMPERIALISTS, FREEDOM ISN'T FREE OORAH DEVIL DOGS".

I think maybe you need to take a breather.

VH4Ever
Oct 1, 2005

by sebmojo

No Safe Word posted:

Gravel's a joke why is anyone talking about him. The teens running his twitter was fun for a bit but can we move on now.

Took the words right out of my mouth, friend. Going forward I intend to. Just had a loose end to tie up there.

Armack
Jan 27, 2006
Let's not forget that in his 2008 presidential campaign, Gravel supported making English, and only English, the official language of The United States.

Typo
Aug 19, 2009

The Fighting Slowpokes
in conclusion, Mike Gavel is 70% correct and 30% wrong

Acinonyx
Oct 21, 2005

VH4Ever posted:

Booker believes in private charter schools and Harris believes in keeping people in jail for free labor which are both more damaging to the USA than 9/11 truther nonsense. Instead of shitposting the same thing again and again, please tell us what parts of the Gravel 2020 platform you disagree with.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

He may have some bad ideas, but you can't Gavel the Gravel