Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

KozmoNaut
Apr 23, 2008

Happiness is a warm
Turbo Plasma Rifle

Yeah, no. Let the man rest in peace.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

venus de lmao
Apr 30, 2007

Call me "pixeltits"

KozmoNaut posted:

Yeah, no. Let the man rest in peace.

Who would even go to this poo poo, it feels so disrespectful

Less Claypool
Apr 16, 2009

More Primus For Fucks Sake.
Sounds like a rap concert.

Wachter
Mar 23, 2007

You and whose knees?

Still not as bad as the new Static-X tour

Smirr
Jun 28, 2012

I'm gonna marry the drum sound on this bad boy:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=006yl8OsA3M

I think I should probably get into Unholy Grave in earnest, but where do you even start? Like, this is one of their literally 132 splits or EPs (yes, I counted). How much unique Unholy Grave material is there even to begin with? Does anyone know? Do they know? Someone please give me an Unholy Grave primer, last time I posted about them a surprising number of people turned out to be 'Graveheads

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Wachter posted:

Still not as bad as the new Static-X tour

Oof, yeah. Goddamn I can't believe they are going through with that and even made a goddamn music video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_340zcRUO5g

Nazzadan
Jun 22, 2016

That video is so hilarious. "We walked away from this like 'Yes this is how we honor Wayne,'" hardcut to a guy wearing what looks like a decomposing zombie mask of Wayne.

WoodrowSkillson
Feb 24, 2005

*Gestures at 60 years of Lions history*

Finally had time to listen to the new Eluveitie and if you're into that poo poo its good as hell and some of their best stuff since Slania, but if they are not your style then yeah, its more Eluveitie.

Vulture Culture
Jul 14, 2003

I was never enjoying it. I only eat it for the nutrients.

Nazzadan posted:

That video is so hilarious. "We walked away from this like 'Yes this is how we honor Wayne,'" hardcut to a guy wearing what looks like a decomposing zombie mask of Wayne.
Yeah, I dunno much about them but it seems pretty on-brand for the guy

WoodrowSkillson posted:

Finally had time to listen to the new Eluveitie and if you're into that poo poo its good as hell and some of their best stuff since Slania, but if they are not your style then yeah, its more Eluveitie.
I've been enjoying the new Cellar Darling also

This particular song reminds me a lot of Osameli-era Silent Stream of Godless Elegy

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nnLvaHHBJOc

And this one has vibes that are sort of like Dreadnought meets Soen, with a heavy rear end hurdy-gurdy solo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QeXDYjDV2mw

Vulture Culture fucked around with this message at 22:10 on Apr 9, 2019

Wachter
Mar 23, 2007

You and whose knees?

The Static-X thing is depressing as poo poo. They were a third-rate act in a terrible genre. The guitarist was a paedophile. None of the original members wanted to reform the band while Wayne was still alive. The whole horrible mess of gently caress should have been put to bed with Wayne's death, but nah, why not wring a couple more dollars out of it

The Muppets On PCP
Nov 13, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

Wachter posted:

The Static-X thing is depressing as poo poo. They were a third-rate act in a terrible genre.

that's the thing i don't get. they were like coal chamber-tier at best. is there really an audience clamoring for the authentic static x live experience in 2019?

Wachter
Mar 23, 2007

You and whose knees?

The Muppets On PCP posted:

that's the thing i don't get. they were like coal chamber-tier at best. is there really an audience clamoring for the authentic static x live experience in 2019?

You would think not. And yet Crazy Town are still touring.

CRIP EATIN BREAD
Jun 24, 2002

Hey stop worrying bout my acting bitch, and worry about your WACK ass music. In the mean time... Eat a hot bowl of Dicks! Ice T

Soiled Meat
In the late 90s/early-2000s I saw Static-X a poo poo-ton of times because they opened for so many different bands. It was really weird.

A human heart
Oct 10, 2012

Less Claypool posted:

Sounds like a rap concert.

?

Nazzadan
Jun 22, 2016

I'm assuming because of the Tupac hologram show

Less Claypool
Apr 16, 2009

More Primus For Fucks Sake.

Nazzadan posted:

I'm assuming because of the Tupac hologram show

Yep.

The Muppets On PCP
Nov 13, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
or the fact that pretty much every rap concert uses prerecorded vocals

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
You guys should see better rap shows.

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

He said “rap concert”, that’s the problem

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN
Last rap show I saw was a freestyle circle at lunch back in high school

Nazzadan
Jun 22, 2016

I fell in love with a girl at the rap show

The Muppets On PCP
Nov 13, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

Snowy posted:

He said “rap concert”, that’s the problem

it's a rapstravaganza

CRIP EATIN BREAD
Jun 24, 2002

Hey stop worrying bout my acting bitch, and worry about your WACK ass music. In the mean time... Eat a hot bowl of Dicks! Ice T

Soiled Meat
I saw Mobb Deep at the maryland death fest a few years ago and it owned.

Anyways, I finally gave this LP a spin which I had to order from Greece even though it was recorded a little bit away from me.

It was good on CD, also good as a digital download, but it's extremely good right now:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MD0Zn3lAam8

Nordick
Sep 3, 2011

Yes.
I am never ever getting tired of this retro sound

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xPY_Jw-O5k0

the yeti
Mar 29, 2008

memento disco

‘People whose musical taste formed around what was on the radio at the time and never, ever changed’ is a hell of a demographic I guess?

Like 100% not intending that to be sarcasm, I’m thinking of my country rear end hometown in the late 90s and the way that unless you were a computer nerd you had music you and your friends bought and 93.3 ~the planet~ and that’s it.

KozmoNaut
Apr 23, 2008

Happiness is a warm
Turbo Plasma Rifle

I've been jamming this sick filth for the last couple of days.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SmaV3ICc_8k

venus de lmao
Apr 30, 2007

Call me "pixeltits"

I just rented an apartment to a couple from Tempe and they've actually fuckin' heard of Gatecreeper

Apparently the scene there is fairly small

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Just watched this little doc on Necrobutcher going down to South America.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5RF3B-RjWDg

It's kinda sad - Necro lives in a little shack, alone and with no friends. Make sure to turn on the subtitles as there is no english here except for the bits in South America. At the end he is like, "I see my bandmates get picked up by their wives and girlfriends. While I have nothing. But I can just imagine them getting screamed at for pictures. I don't have that."

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

The Midwest. Butt rock festivals and throwbacks are humongous in certain areas. If you’ve heard the Chapo Trap House coined concept of a “hot couch guy,” imagine all of the hot couch guys in one region flocking to this show.

Groke
Jul 27, 2007
New Adventures In Mom Strength

Vintersorg posted:

It's kinda sad - Necro lives in a little shack, alone and with no friends. Make sure to turn on the subtitles as there is no english here except for the bits in South America. At the end he is like, "I see my bandmates get picked up by their wives and girlfriends. While I have nothing. But I can just imagine them getting screamed at for pictures. I don't have that."

As an aside, the program host/interviewer dude is the bassist from Turbonegro.

The Muppets On PCP
Nov 13, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

Henchman of Santa posted:

The Midwest. Butt rock festivals and throwbacks are humongous in certain areas. If you’ve heard the Chapo Trap House coined concept of a “hot couch guy,” imagine all of the hot couch guys in one region flocking to this show.

i'm from the rural south it's the same deal here, monster energy-sponsored radio rock fests and everything. speaking of chapo chris the producer has his own podcast called and introducing where he and his partner discuss musician biographies. they had bryan from street fight on for the one about head from korn's book and he gave probably the most detailed sociological examination of the midwestern nu-metal fan

WoodrowSkillson
Feb 24, 2005

Going to see Hatebreed, Obituary, Terror, Cro Mags, and Fit For an Autopsy tonight, should be loving fun

Siivola
Dec 23, 2012

i'm from the rural south it's the same deal here, monster energy-sponsored radio rock fests and everything. speaking of chapo chris the producer has his own podcast called and introducing where he and his partner discuss musician biographies. they had bryan from street fight on for the one about head from korn's book and he gave probably the most detailed sociological examination of the midwestern nu-metal fan
Well go on, pass us the link already.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
Bryan Quinby's entire Twitter feed, when not about anarchism, is a great examination of the Midwestern nu-metal fan psyche.

The Muppets On PCP
Nov 13, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

Siivola posted:

Well go on, pass us the link already.

https://m.soundcloud.com/and-intro-pod/34-brian-head-welch-of-korn-ft-bryan-quinby

stab
Feb 12, 2003

To you from failing hands we throw the torch, be yours to hold it high
Oh my god there is a Demons and Wizards North American tour in TYOOL 2019

SO PUMPED

Demon Of The Fall
May 1, 2004

Nap Ghost
Right? And they’re touring with Tyr, who is also awesome.

Wyzt
Mar 22, 2007

At the Heart of the Swarm

Vintersorg posted:

I love the guy digging into him at the beginning...talking about his house being rezoned. "Oh, are they gonna tear this down?"

venus de lmao
Apr 30, 2007

Call me "pixeltits"

after several listens I have concluded that the new Rammstein track "Deutschland" is, as the yoofs say, a fuckin' banger

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WoodrowSkillson
Feb 24, 2005

Trip report: it whipped rear end