Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ruzihm
Aug 11, 2010

Group up and push mid, proletariat!

https://twitter.com/JLPtalk/status/1116039535215779841?s=19

and something more positive for the new page

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sedisp
Jun 20, 2012

Those are very distressed dogs. Not in like a ha ha way either.

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
fascism operates on an almost entirely aesthetic level. i used to think it was some kind of coherent doctrine or theory but most of these guys don't even seem to really believe in it outside of a few die-hards. it's like the rest of the right, really, although in a more extreme and self-destructive way.

they don't have much of a corpus and don't even really talk about anything that could resemble theory. it's mostly just about how they're victimized and how they're going to deal with all their enemies, which is this endlessly expanding ocean of threats from here to the horizon.

and even despite their self-regard to aesthetics, the culture they swim in is trash meme culture that is mass produced and possesses no individuality. it is the ideology of the alienated subhuman who doesn't know who they are or can relate to their social being, the end point in which commodity-driven consumer capitalism eats itself.

Siljmonster
Dec 16, 2005

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Sedisp posted:

Those are very distressed dogs. Not in like a ha ha way either.

their collars are on too tight

YaketySass
Jan 15, 2019

Blind Idiot Dog

BrutalistMcDonalds posted:

fascism operates on an almost entirely aesthetic level. i used to think it was some kind of coherent doctrine or theory but most of these guys don't even seem to believe in it. it's like the rest of the right, really, although in a more extreme and self-destructive way.

they don't have much of a corpus and don't even really talk about anything that could resemble theory. it's mostly just about how they're victimized and how they're going to deal with all their enemies, which is this endlessly expanding ocean of threats from here to the horizon.

and even despite their self-regard to aesthetics, the culture they swim in is trash meme culture that is mass produced and possesses no individuality. it is the ideology of the alienated subhuman who doesn't know who they are or can relate to their social being, the end point in which commodity-driven consumer capitalism eats itself.

The right likes the prestige of capital-a Art (as long as it's safely inoffensive) but hates all the work and thinking needed to produce it.

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

YaketySass posted:

The right likes the prestige of capital-a Art (as long as it's safely inoffensive) but hates all the work and thinking needed to produce it.

also it always has to venerate their positions and never challenge them intellectually or in any other capacity, which is why they dig on like, loving marble statues and epic meme art of strong daddy leaders, and why John McNoughton is a Thing

Zerg Mans
Oct 19, 2006

https://twitter.com/JLPtalk/status/1115632146238980096

Al!
Apr 2, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 19 minutes!
brutalism, like color field painting, is something that suburbanite rubes can easily point to and go "i can do better than that!!! haw haw haw"

BornAPoorBlkChild
Sep 24, 2012

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

oh Laura my pet, if only you’d accept my love and become my Trad Wife.

despite what the white angry incels would have you believe black incels exist and they hate black slay queen twitter just as much they do :v:

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually

fascism operates on an almost entirely aesthetic level. i used to think it was some kind of coherent doctrine or theory but most of these guys don't even seem to really believe in it outside of a few die-hards. it's like the rest of the right, really, although in a more extreme and self-destructive way.

Evans' The Third Reich In Power had a whole chapter on Nazi public artwork, and it made the strong point that it was just...lame. Streamlined, idealized human forms without detail, blown up to gargantuan size. Buildings that look like other buildings, but bigger. That's it. That's all it was.

It's a hollow shell of an ideology with nothing to say, except that We Are Big And Powerful.

Grand Prize Winner
Feb 19, 2007

i already knew about blaculas but blitlers are real too? v. disturbing

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

Carl ends up in hot water after Urkel convinces Lieutenant Murtaugh to apply Charles Murray’s theories of crime and genetics while doing outreach at Eddie’s school. Laura gets swatted (repeat).

Flavius Aetass
Mar 30, 2011
brutalism is ugly and dehumanizing. please don't pretend it's great to own the chuds

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

Whiteaboos

Flavius Aetass
Mar 30, 2011
color field paintings were among similar art forms promoted by people who thought art had become too political and focused on tangible subjects so they're bad too

Ruzihm
Aug 11, 2010

Group up and push mid, proletariat!

amazin

Flavius Aetass
Mar 30, 2011
the best people can say about pollack, rothko, etc. is "that's a new style" which is a fact but probably shouldn't be treated as a compliment

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!
We need more white conservative babies even though cable news has like 70 of them between the hours of 5pm-1am.

Al!
Apr 2, 2010
Probation

Flavius Aetass posted:

brutalism is ugly and dehumanizing. please don't pretend it's great to own the chuds

it's good and it's best when built in very wet climates with lots of greenery around it. the international style is far more dehumanizing but i never see anyone complaining about it

Flavius Aetass
Mar 30, 2011

Al! posted:

it's good and it's best when built in very wet climates with lots of greenery around it. the international style is far more dehumanizing but i never see anyone complaining about it

agreed but that's only because the people complaining about brutalism are lumping it in with it

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

if you've listened to a word they've said with the intention of addressing it at face value, you've already lost

just open palm slam a pie in their face or something

Serf
May 5, 2011

Flavius Aetass posted:

counterpoint: brutalism is good and owns

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

if chuds hate it, it's good, it's as simple as that

they wanna tell me what style to make the gulags, fantastic, one less decision for me to make at an undoubtedly busy time

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002
bigheadbabbyboy

https://twitter.com/Harlan/status/1115963379385024517

Grand Prize Winner
Feb 19, 2007

the proper response is to call them loving dorks and speculate about their dick size/shape (small/weird)

Zerg Mans
Oct 19, 2006

all art is reactionary and that includes architecture. all houses should be boxes

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
Caring about architecture is some nerd poo poo but it's not my nerd poo poo so it's bad

Admiral Ray
May 17, 2014

Proud Musk and Dogecoin fanboy

BraveUlysses posted:

just a guy who's only smart enough to google something, post it and run away

he learned how to talk to others in debate club and this is how all of them work. none about about actual verifiable facts, just citations without explanation.

Goast
Jul 23, 2011

by VideoGames
it's just a few walls and a roof why you gotta go and make it all complicated

redneck nazgul
Apr 25, 2013

zegermans posted:

all art is reactionary and that includes architecture. all houses should be boxes

boxes stacked on other boxes that are adjacent to other boxes

also have a big park with a playground, space for dogs, and space for communal gardens

Mr. Sharps
Jul 30, 2006

The only true law is that which leads to freedom. There is no other.

one of these days I will make my effort post about the aesthetics of fascism.

not today tho I got tacos to eat >:D

Al!
Apr 2, 2010
Probation

Goast posted:

it's just a few walls and a roof why you gotta go and make it all complicated

all permanent buildings are the result of agrarianism, and must be burned

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

Flavius Aetass posted:

:wrong:

Captain_Maclaine
Sep 30, 2001

Every moment that I'm alive, I pray for death!
*charges into thread at full speed*
DID SOMEBODY MENTION FASCIST AESTHETICS?!

FMguru posted:

Evans' The Third Reich In Power had a whole chapter on Nazi public artwork, and it made the strong point that it was just...lame. Streamlined, idealized human forms without detail, blown up to gargantuan size. Buildings that look like other buildings, but bigger. That's it. That's all it was.

It's a hollow shell of an ideology with nothing to say, except that We Are Big And Powerful.

Curiously it's one of the few failings Hitler ever admitted to. Being an artist himself always being aware of the power of aesthetics, he was frustrated by the failure of Nazism to inspire truly great artwork, outside of a few realms like architecture where he did see what he liked. You can see this no better when he's given a tour of the Große Deutsche Kunstausstellung, which was supposed to highlight the superiority of Aryan art to the degenerate forms on display at concurrent Entarte Kunst exhibition and was not impressed by the showing of the former (and infuriated that the latter drew over three times as many visitors).

Why yes Frederick Spott's Hitler and the Power of Aesthetics is one of my favorite books why do you ask.

BornAPoorBlkChild
Sep 24, 2012

Grand Prize Winner posted:

the proper response is to call them loving dorks and speculate about their dick size/shape (small/weird)

and they will immediately dredge up literally decade old memes like Muh Dik

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

it's almost like conservatism is an ideology that cannot create and can only destroy, and as a result its showings in fields that are fundamentally about creative works are dogshit

Mr. Sharps
Jul 30, 2006

The only true law is that which leads to freedom. There is no other.

😂 is the boomer emoji

Homocow
Apr 24, 2007

Extremely bad poster!
DO NOT QUOTE!

Pillbug

Flavius Aetass posted:

but it's great

I want a gray concrete room with an entryway that has no door and a big oppressive slab in the center of the room for me to do work on

Captain_Maclaine
Sep 30, 2001

Every moment that I'm alive, I pray for death!

Mr. Sharps posted:

😂 is the boomer emoji

:freep:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!
The whole wink wink coded racist message in an innocuous thing doesn't really work that well because they keep picking weird dumb things that only racist dorks will do, and/or they constantly make a big WINK WINK CHECK ME OUT signal when doing them so it's not at all hard to figure out who's just having a glass of milk at Denny's and who's making a bold declaration of how much they love white supremacy walking down the street with a tiki torch and a gallon of lukewarm whole milk.

Like it's not that hard to differentiate between a girl making a duckface at spring break making an ok sign with her hand and a dour stone faced Stephen Miller awkwardly trying to make it look like a gang sign in the white house press gaggle room.

I'm sure there were fascists who were saavy enough to make it work before but they're all incredibly dumb as poo poo now and all have terminal online-brain and can't figure out why it's not working.