Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!
Oh the Solaire javelin. I read that recently that unlock got enabled for solo mode (as of April 9 you need to beat the dragun with any familiar) but idk I haven't tested it.

If anyone knows the unlock to the right of the gungeon ant, let me know! It's my only unlock left aside from that one.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sultan Tarquin
Jul 29, 2007

and what kind of world would it be? HUH?!
Oh so that's why I got the Solaire javelin.

BaconCopter
Feb 13, 2008

:coolfish:

No Wave posted:

Oh the Solaire javelin. I read that recently that unlock got enabled for solo mode (as of April 9 you need to beat the dragun with any familiar) but idk I haven't tested it.

That would make sense, I unlocked it for beating the Dragun during a solo run. I guessed it might have been because the game miraculously remembers the ancient co-op run I did win with a buddy. No clue if it unlocks for everyone.

Angry Diplomat
Nov 7, 2009

Winner of the TSR Memorial Award for Excellence In Grogging
Got a pretty good Paradox run going and was sure I was gonna start up a Gunslinger run, but died in Bullet Hell after a few missteps, a bit of bad luck, and absolutely no health, armour, or ammo drops of any kind.
:negative:

The Evolver is a pretty neat gun, especially if you duct tape its final form to something else to give it more ammo. Those slow-moving fireballs are ridiculously deadly. I ended up bodging mine onto the t-shirt cannon and just never reloading the drat thing because I wanted all its ammo to be used for Evolver fireballs. I almost never used any other gun for the whole run.

e: I guess, since this is the final update, we'll never see an "Ultimate Boss Rush" that includes every boss and miniboss in the game, including zany variants like the double Beholsters. That's a shame.

Angry Diplomat fucked around with this message at 15:37 on Apr 10, 2019

Olpainless
Jun 30, 2003
... Insert something brilliantly witty here.
Had a nice easy run to unlock the Javelin in Boss Rush/Rainbow with the Hunter (doggy counts! Best dog).

Did you know that Casey, Alpha, and Omega bullets together are loving HILARIOUS? you do now.

Highlights include wrecking 3/4 kill pillars in the first glorious swing.

END CHEMTRAILS NOW
Apr 16, 2005

Pillbug
I love rainbow mode. I've had some ridiculous runs. Like yesterday I did a Paradox run, and was a bit disappointed about starting with a Makarov. But it ended up working out great because I could duct tape the Makarov to a BSG, which gave me a lot of room clearing power. Then, I got the quickdraw holster and helix bullets, so I was shooting out four BSG rounds at a time. It completely melted bosses, especially when I picked up Gundromeda Strain and Ticket. I got a Clone in Bullet Hell, so I could loop around for even more stuff. I ended up with Elimentaler, Super Hot Watch, Full Metal Jacket, Blank Bullets, and Hungry Bullets.

Interesting fact about items like blank bullets and hungry bullets is that slow-firing guns like the BSG will get those effects on every shot. And if you duct tape a fast-firing gun like the Makarov to it, the shots from that will also get the effects. So I had a gun that rapid-fired hungry bullets that triggered blanks on impact, then followed that with four BSG blasts. It was insane. I really wanted a chaos ammolet to go with blank bullets, but unfortunately that was the one thing I was missing.

And today, I picked up with the Gunslinger. Got a few good things but it was a pretty underwhelming run, and died in the Gunslinger's past. I think it's going to take me a long time to unlock this guy.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

Did duct tape's behavior change at some point? I feel like it used to do something stronger than just give you lots of ammo for ammo-constrained weapons. Like I swear I remember rapid-firing crazy poo poo.

Chin Strap
Nov 24, 2002

I failed my TFLC Toxx, but I no longer need a double chin strap :buddy:
Pillbug
I'm finding rainbow mode to be harder on average for me. Yes it can snowball sometimes but a lot of times I'm just left with less total stuff than normal and even with a great gun since I don't get any backup ones it leaves me feeling short, or I take multiple guns and then get no passives.

Any tips from anyone?

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

Play as the bullet (or gunslinger), do all the secret floors!

il serpente cosmico
May 15, 2003

Best five bucks I've ever spend.

Chin Strap posted:

I'm finding rainbow mode to be harder on average for me. Yes it can snowball sometimes but a lot of times I'm just left with less total stuff than normal and even with a great gun since I don't get any backup ones it leaves me feeling short, or I take multiple guns and then get no passives.

Any tips from anyone?

Quick restart the first floor until you get Gunther or Clone, and then win in easy mode

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

No Wave posted:

Play as the bullet (or gunslinger), do all the secret floors!

I'm over here still trying to unlock the Robot

To be fair half the time I just legit forget to pick the TV back up

Waffle!
Aug 6, 2004

I Feel Pretty!

The first boss dropped the Baby Good Mimic for me, and now my Huntress has two cute doggos to pet!

I'm never going to reach bullet hell or whatever, so I enjoy the little things.

Angry Diplomat
Nov 7, 2009

No Wave posted:

Did duct tape's behavior change at some point? I feel like it used to do something stronger than just give you lots of ammo for ammo-constrained weapons. Like I swear I remember rapid-firing crazy poo poo.

It still works the same way it always did - the first gun you use it on is consumed, and its magazine of shots is added to the second gun as a sort of simultaneous secondary fire, while their total ammo is pooled together. Some guns - notably most of the ones that require charging before they fire, if I remember correctly - do not function at all when duct taped to other guns and will only serve to increase max ammo.

il serpente cosmico
May 15, 2003

Waffle! posted:

The first boss dropped the Baby Good Mimic for me, and now my Huntress has two cute doggos to pet!

I'm never going to reach bullet hell or whatever, so I enjoy the little things.

On my first Paradox run, I got clone and also a baby good mimic. By the end of it I had two wolves, an R2G2, two different Payday mask guys, and a Junken. It was some ridiculous poo poo, and I couldn't even tell what was going on by the end of it. I also had Nanomachines and three of the pieces of armor that give you armor every floor, and I cleared out all of the secret floors on my cloned portion of the run. When I killed the Lich, I had so much health and armor it wouldn't all fit on the screen.

Oh and I also got the Full Metal Jacket, just for that extra bit of protection.

il serpente cosmico fucked around with this message at 23:18 on Apr 10, 2019

il serpente cosmico
May 15, 2003

Question: Is there a mod for the PC version that anyone could recommend that tracks your curse level? I know I could keep track myself, but I never do, and by the time I start to worry about it I have so many items that I don't generally want to go through and figure it out.

Harold Fjord
Jan 3, 2004
TAKE THE RISK. WIN WHILE BEING PURUSED

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

Yeah robot is actually good with rainbow runs because you get so much junk. Pulling full metal jacket helps too.

I found out the other last unlock I have is the life orb, and god knows the next time I'll see a blood shrine. Oh well 4 more pasts to get alternate skins for and we'll see if I ever see it.

BaconCopter
Feb 13, 2008

No Wave posted:

Yeah robot is actually good with rainbow runs because you get so much junk. Pulling full metal jacket helps too.

I found out the other last unlock I have is the life orb, and god knows the next time I'll see a blood shrine. Oh well 4 more pasts to get alternate skins for and we'll see if I ever see it.

Wait, really? That's dumb because I know I've used the Life Orb before.

Yup, just double checked and my data doesn't have even the unlock info for the Life Orb even though I've easily used the dumb blood shrine 4+ times, and held/used the dumb thing before too. Impressive stuff dog roll, guess you're bating me into playing more.

BaconCopter fucked around with this message at 04:44 on Apr 11, 2019

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
I actually just unlocked the Life Orb a few days ago, and I started over on a clean save about 50 runs ago

I'm also still seeing new guns and items, the pool of stuff is so freakin huge now. It's bigly

Angry Diplomat
Nov 7, 2009

Happiness is: getting Ser Junkan, Casey, and the Eyepatch in the Oubliette, wielding synergy Casey to the exclusion of all other weapons all game long, finding the Wax Wings, getting Junkan all the way up to valkyrie mode, walking (flying) into the Black Market, seeing and instantly buying the Baby Good Mimic, and closing out a successful Paradox run as a trio of wingéd war gods.

The Eyepatch + Casey synergy is loving insane. I got my hands on Heavy Bullets, too, and I was wasting Lead Maidens in a single whack.

BaconCopter
Feb 13, 2008

precision posted:

I actually just unlocked the Life Orb a few days ago, and I started over on a clean save about 50 runs ago

I'm also still seeing new guns and items, the pool of stuff is so freakin huge now. It's bigly

Ugh, I haven't seen the shrine, or YV, since the update. Agreed on the impressively deep item pool, I think this update rounded out some of the drop percentages and things feel better across the board. More stuff in shops, more room clear drops, more NPC rooms.

Chin Strap
Nov 24, 2002

I failed my TFLC Toxx, but I no longer need a double chin strap :buddy:
Pillbug
Done playing this for now until the patch hits Switch. Too much crashing :(

Sultan Tarquin
Jul 29, 2007

and what kind of world would it be? HUH?!
Unlocked the Gunslinger today on a rainbow run and got a black hole gun. It was basically gg at that point because no boss could touch me. Then went on a challenge run as I hadn't actually completed one and it was one of the last 2 achievements I needed for 100%. Yari Launcher with all synergies kind of does a lot of dps! Plus I had the Vulcan Cannon with blank bullets. Still really loving hairy because I had found the Dragun boss room but decided "I'll just see if I can find the shop to see if there's any hearts to buy" depsite being on a healthy amount. I entered the dragun room at 2 1/2 hearts. Daruma absolutely saved my rear end on that one.

poemdexter
Feb 18, 2005

Hooray Indie Games!

College Slice
PS4 patch that hit yesterday fixed my issues and I was able to unlock the last character. I've 100% all the expansions and original and I still have guns/items I've not seen once. I also still have like 4 things to unlock but those require luck to find so I'm not sweating it.

Destro
Dec 29, 2003

time to wake up

il serpente cosmico posted:

Question: Is there a mod for the PC version that anyone could recommend that tracks your curse level? I know I could keep track myself, but I never do, and by the time I start to worry about it I have so many items that I don't generally want to go through and figure it out.

https://modworkshop.net/mydownloads.php?action=view_down&did=23701

Looks like it was just recently updated for farewell to arms. It doesn't seem to work for me though right now, mod the gungeon isn't enabling right and isn't pulling down the console and the game crashes on exiting.

Edit: nevermind got it working

Destro fucked around with this message at 19:11 on Apr 11, 2019

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

One of these days I'm going to pull Junken on a rainbow run and laugh and laugh.

Currently I've got Baby Shelleton, the shotgun Payday guy (should've fired a few shots to grab that *after* paying towards the gnawed key, got 300 shells now going to waste), and R2G2, the Aged Bell, the Megahand for clearing levels and the AU gun for clearing bosses. And the quad ammo bandanna. Bosses are time stop --> it's dead.

Posting now so it sounds awesome, instead of my inevitable hubris on the upcoming Dragun.

Roluth
Apr 22, 2014

Any Cheat Engine tables for taking Magnificence out? It's a mechanic that vastly reduces your chances of getting anything good after a red/black chest spaws (by ~80% first time, >95% if you get lucky and have two spawn). This seems arbitrary and unfun, so I was wondering if there's any scripts for that.

lambskin
Dec 27, 2009

I THINK I AM THE PINNACLE OF HUMOR. WAIT HANG ON I HAVE TO GO POUR MILK INTO MY GAPING ASSHOLE!
Well I made it to the new secret floor, only for my controls to become completely unresponsive aside from being able to move the camera a bit. Sucks since I was having a great rainbow run that had a ton of spice.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
Jesus the AC-15 is insanely good

Klaus Kinski
Nov 26, 2007
Der Klaus

lambskin posted:

Well I made it to the new secret floor, only for my controls to become completely unresponsive aside from being able to move the camera a bit. Sucks since I was having a great rainbow run that had a ton of spice.

Crashed on the boss with an absolutely stupid paradox setup. Bees, backup cannon, fat+shadow+rocket bullets with gun friendship as active.

lambskin
Dec 27, 2009

I THINK I AM THE PINNACLE OF HUMOR. WAIT HANG ON I HAVE TO GO POUR MILK INTO MY GAPING ASSHOLE!

Klaus Kinski posted:

Crashed on the boss with an absolutely stupid paradox setup. Bees, backup cannon, fat+shadow+rocket bullets with gun friendship as active.

On my second attempt I crashed on the boss right before I killed him lol

Wildtortilla
Jul 8, 2008
I'm getting better at this game! I'm consistently getting to the fourth level. I wish I was good enough to consistently kill bosses without damage. I've only managed to do that once with the aid of a rail gun.

Really I just wish tge Switch version didn't stutter so much. The stuttering was isolated to approaching new rooms for a few days, now it's happening while I'm fighting and it's gotten me killed once. I'm also getting "thrown" into new rooms now due to the stutter. :(

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

I've played about 100 hours and take dragun kills for granted but there still arent any bosses I master round more than 75% of the time. Except Gorgun. Gorgun is a joke.

Wildtortilla
Jul 8, 2008

No Wave posted:

I've played about 100 hours and take dragun kills for granted but there still arent any bosses I master round more than 75% of the time. Except Gorgun. Gorgun is a joke.

The Gorgun is my only master round kill.

😩

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

There will be more eventually, but Gorgun's pretty unique. Most other bosses have spawns or other random elements that make it hard to feel totally safe but she's just a gift to the player.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Whenever I get the armor from the Oubliette I am guaranteed to get hit by something silly on the next floor. Stand there while a slow moving bullet drifts into me that I saw but somehow didn't register, dive-roll away from a bullet straight into an obvious pit, stuff like that.

E: yeah, the only bit of the Gorgun I have trouble with is her ring-bullets, just because I find I go a bit cross-eyed tracking them by the end of a set.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

And then there's lead maiden + the buffing wizard.

Floors 2 and 3 do have the most times where I get hit and dont understand what happened (those dudes that charge up and fly at you are often involved). Theyre still my favorite floors tho.

Billy Gnosis
May 18, 2006

Now is the time for us to gather together and celebrate those things that we like and think are fun.
I still can't beat the pilots past but I managed to destroy the robots past in a rainbow run where I got big shotgun, the ammo bandana, and the clone in the first three chests. Proceeded to just destroy everything in two loops (died stupidly in the new secret floor) by just going for passivea beyond the shotgun even if they weren't great. Apparently a bug makes the bandana works in the past which is fun.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

Clone is very broken for rainbow runs. ESPECIALLY for robot who stacks junk.

For pilot's past the secret is the ship can dodge roll.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wildtortilla
Jul 8, 2008
The king on floor 1 is a real aashole only because of his attack that makes a dense cluster of bullets expand out from a bomb. gently caress that attack.

Wildtortilla fucked around with this message at 19:06 on Apr 12, 2019