Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who should have won All-Stars?
This poll is closed.
Monet X Change 17 12.41%
Trinity the Tuck 36 26.28%
club96 84 61.31%
Total: 137 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

beepsandboops posted:

Nothing kills me more than hearing Vanjie shout something from completely off camera. Honestly, if they could just always have Vanjie mic'ed and keep her around til the finale, I'd be very happy

Vanessa yelling out UH UH UH UH at the end of Last Dance was delightful on a level of Violet screaming 'COME THROUGH' during a lip sync or Alaska always getting her life in the back during lip syncs.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tendai
Mar 16, 2007

"When the eagles are silent, the parrots begin to jabber."

Grimey Drawer
I had no idea that Brooke Lynn Hytes was part of Ballets Trockadero, that's awesome. They are fantastic. If you haven't see them and they come near you sometime (especially if you're into ballet), GO.

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

Brooke is a national treasure and with her doing as well as she is on the show I'm so proud to see it, so proud

Tendai
Mar 16, 2007

"When the eagles are silent, the parrots begin to jabber."

Grimey Drawer
What I do like this season is that there are more queens than usual (to me) that come off as just... likeable. Brooke, Vanjie, Nina, etc.

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

Tendai posted:

What I do like this season is that there are more queens than usual (to me) that come off as just... likeable. Brooke, Vanjie, Nina, etc.

Yeah, even the queens I've found to have moments I cringe rather than live over their pettiness or being too extra, I still really enjoy just interacting w/ the other queens or in their confessionals. Hell I even liked Ariel just fine. I think the only queen who didn't leave any sort of lasting impression on me was Kahanna tbh.

I wish Plastique was getting more screen time, but I feel like she gave them next to nothing to work with or she'd have a storyline by now. Either that or she doesn't kick it into high gear til the pack thins out more. I've found her to be lowkey hilarious the rare times she is on screen and I think she'd be killing it if she showed some more of that personality on stage.

Still think she should have won the movie parody challenge over Yvie and Scarlet ngl.

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS
https://twitter.com/deaddilf69/status/1114750120548012032

curiousTerminal
Sep 2, 2011

what a humorous anecdote.
"I Wanna Go" was playing as I walked into work just now and now i'm wondering what Charlie Hides is up to recently, anyone know?

Carlton Banks Teller
Nov 18, 2004

I know this thread luuurves to hate on Delta's wig-werk but I found her interview this week with Hey Qween a pretty fun listen. It's basically a 40min long excuse for bad Ru hair, but I enjoyed it all the same. She also lobs some mis-applied shade at Willam and Trixie, but still manages to give a little behind-the-scenes of dealing with The Monster.

I wish WoW had done more with Delta in their show roster when she realistically had the open schedule to accommodate it.

Biggest tea overall imo is definitely that Ru has a different wigwerk for DRUK and other, unionized productions. I assume Raven is also not unionized and likely also not a part of DRUK production. Looking forward to some crunchy faces. :smug:

Carlton Banks Teller fucked around with this message at 17:59 on Apr 9, 2019

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

This rules!!

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

ya that cat owns

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS
Finishing up Season 3 now and this one has taken the longest by far because it is the most uncomfortable and unpleasant season. The heavy handedness of the production in setting up queens to leave along with the encouragement of the queens to bring their Heathers offscreen joke onscreen, that awful, awful Untucked episode with the jocks and no one being able to recognize that Yara is having a panic attack and offer comfort, whew

It's also really weird to see it with a post-season viewpoint. Carmen's reluctance to look anything but not extremely femme stemming from her gender dysphoria, Delta's insecurity about her weight, Stacey's country girl getting lost in a big city etc. The thing that makes me most mad is just Alexis having wins taken from her at the end of the season, presumably because they didn't think a PR queen would be good for the brand.

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

Alexis Mateo is a gift from heaven

BAM!

Yarlexis needs to be the next set of All Stars 1 girls allowed to return. I need them both on my screen again.

If Vanjie doesn't win S11 (i love her but i don't think she'll get further than top 4) I want an All Stars w/ both Mateo girls tia

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS
*walks out onto the runway in a hiphop challenge looking exactly like Lil Kim*

Girl you look like a stripper not a rapper

:confused:

the escape goat
Apr 16, 2008

Eej posted:

*walks out onto the runway in a hiphop challenge looking exactly like Lil Kim*

Girl you look like a stripper not a rapper

:confused:

drat shame she didn't respond with "Por que no los dos?! BAM!"

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

GET LOSE❌🗺️, YOUS CAN'T COMPARE😤 WITH ME 💪POWERS🇦🇺
I can't remember who it was in season 11 but as soon as one of the queens mentioned the phrase "hip hop showgirl" all I could think about was Alexis Mateo with giant missle breasts yelling "SO I BECAME A STRIPPER BABY!!"

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

A FREAKIN' CHORIZO!

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

I wasn’t on the Alexis train till later in the season but goddamn she ruled.

S3 made me into a super fan.

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS
It's really weird to see Manila and Raja pretend to not see Alexis's point when she should have won both the song challenge and the jock makeover challenge and instead and feel like the judges have already made up their mind about her. The only explanation is that they'll take any advantage they can get to win and are basically gaslighting her into thinking she could do even better and win.

curiousTerminal
Sep 2, 2011

what a humorous anecdote.
I mean, season 3 was rigged from the start, Raja knows Ru from outside of Drag Race so she was always going to be set up to be the winner.

G-Mawwwwwww
Jan 31, 2003

My LPth are Hot Garbage
Biscuit Hider

curiousTerminal posted:

I mean, season 3 was rigged from the start, Raja knows Ru from outside of Drag Race so she was always going to be set up to be the winner.

She was also immensely talented and served some of the best looks drag race has seen.

Nihonniboku
Aug 11, 2004

YOU CAN FLY!!!

curiousTerminal posted:

Like I've said many times before, I think Ru always has an idea of who she wants to win going into each season, and will try and rig the game in her favorite's favor as long as it makes sense.

GrandmaParty posted:

She was also immensely talented and served some of the best looks drag race has seen.

And despite Ru's favoritism, I still think that Raja was the clear winner that season.

graynull
Dec 2, 2005

Did I misread all the signs?
I really enjoyed hearing Vanji's more "normal" speaking voice when she was having her moment of doubt. It helped us peek a little bit behind the Cool Dad and memes to the person underneath. A shame she didn't seem to make good on that self reflection and turned out such a basic, ill-fitting look. Hopefully we'll see some more of that in the next challenge, but time is kinda running out to start wowing on the runway. She reminds me a bit of Monet in that regard. Very personable and funny and brings a lot of personality, but the looks just were not quite there. Though props to Monet for that pope look in AS4, and I did like Vanji's astrological look.

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

Nihonniboku posted:

Like I've said many times before, I think Ru always has an idea of who she wants to win going into each season, and will try and rig the game in her favorite's favor as long as it makes sense.

And despite Ru's favoritism, I still think that Raja was the clear winner that season.

the back third of the season belonged to Alexis and Manila, though. Raja crushed but the other two really stepped on the gas

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

Manila holds the honour of being tied with the winner of her season. It could have gone either way but imo Raja edged Manila out just barely because she was serving something a bit different, drag wise. They're both high fashion but Manila was more traditionally drag.

the escape goat
Apr 16, 2008

I love Big E and I love wrestling, but every WWE fan who is losing their mind over him doing the splits clearly aren’t exposed to much drag.
That said, he looks so happy :kimchi:

warez
Mar 13, 2003

HOLA FANTA DONT CHA WANNA?
If Ru can lose her mind every single time someone does the splits, so can the rest of us

Poulpe
Nov 11, 2006
Canadian Santa Extraordinaire

curiousTerminal posted:

Yeah, I think it was pretty cut and dry that season.
There's the whole thing where the second or third queen going home literally wrote "Congratulations Raja!" as her going away message (you can see it in the background as she goes home) only to have the producers wipe away everything but her name before the other queens come back in. :crossarms:

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

https://www.facebook.com/rupaulsdragrace/videos/2140294286026157/

preview for tomorrow's ep is up.

wow, i love the shade. Raja is settin herself up to be a greater villain than Tyra. amazing stuff. pushin every button on a girl that just went home. i am terrified of the social media splashback she's gonna get.

there are still a lot of queens. gis' a double elimination Ru! thin the pack a little. the plus side is that so many of these queens make great tv; why is the tv show not meeting the calibre of the casting? is it the inevitable fate of all reality tv? it happens with Survivor a fair bit these days.

i am so glad the mini-challenges in this show are still good, though, allowing for at least a bit of raw talent to pop out. titty sack race!

Pellisworth
Jun 20, 2005
Ra'jah: I'm super good at dancing, I have a lot of experience. *fails spectacularly, choreographer reads her to filth*

also Ra'jah: Sometimes you just have to be humble and grow from it.

edit: lol Ra'jah saying she's a lipsynch assassin

Pellisworth fucked around with this message at 05:36 on Apr 11, 2019

big dyke energy
Jul 29, 2006

Football? Yaaaay
Rajah is a fantastic reality show villain, I love her.

HELL YES SEWING CHALLENGE, oh I'm pumped, these are my favorites. Weird materials challenge, hell yes.

also this mini challenge was so loving dumb I loved it.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

I am in love with all the sewing. They must have read my posts.

Make em work!

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!

alf_pogs posted:

https://www.facebook.com/rupaulsdragrace/videos/2140294286026157/

preview for tomorrow's ep is up.

wow, i love the shade. Raja is settin herself up to be a greater villain than Tyra. amazing stuff. pushin every button on a girl that just went home. i am terrified of the social media splashback she's gonna get.

there are still a lot of queens. gis' a double elimination Ru! thin the pack a little. the plus side is that so many of these queens make great tv; why is the tv show not meeting the calibre of the casting? is it the inevitable fate of all reality tv? it happens with Survivor a fair bit these days.

i am so glad the mini-challenges in this show are still good, though, allowing for at least a bit of raw talent to pop out. titty sack race!

Won't a double elimination take us right past the 8-queen mandate for Snatch Game???

(look at me saying that as though Snatch Game has been at all good lately)

graynull
Dec 2, 2005

Did I misread all the signs?
Someone called Ra'jah the "Steve Urkle of drag" and now I can't not hear it when she speaks.

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

graynull posted:

Someone called Ra'jah the "Steve Urkle of drag" and now I can't not hear it when she speaks.

ill be very annoyed now when she doesnt do this for snatch game

resting mitch face
Apr 9, 2005

5) I hear you.

Pellisworth posted:

edit: lol Ra'jah saying she's a lipsynch assassin

Ah yes but Scarlet is the delusional one. Riiiiight.

I'm pretty happy with DRT Season 2 winner. Wow, that finale episode... why can't we be on that level?

G-Mawwwwwww
Jan 31, 2003

My LPth are Hot Garbage
Biscuit Hider

resting mitch face posted:

Ah yes but Scarlet is the delusional one. Riiiiight.

I'm pretty happy with DRT Season 2 winner. Wow, that finale episode... why can't we be on that level?

PK sucked. Art and Panpan and the three girls were phenomenal. The winner's 2040 outfit is possibly my favorite drag race outfit ever. And oh my god, Art's pleating.

I'm in love with Mr. Supervillain Tae Kantana.

G-Mawwwwwww fucked around with this message at 23:45 on Apr 11, 2019

buddychrist10
Nov 4, 2009

Obtuse.....even hokey.
That Alyssa segment was really fun and a good example of how to solve the "we want to see the real you" critique Michelle is so fond of giving out.

Brooklyn's purse lookin' like she just got home from Blockbuster.

buddychrist10 fucked around with this message at 03:09 on Apr 12, 2019

Sinistral
Jan 2, 2013
Jesus this Untucked is wayyyy too much but Brook being just completely over everything is almost worth it.

EDIT: Gonna need a gif of Brooklyn hiding under the couch cushions right now.

Sinistral fucked around with this message at 04:01 on Apr 12, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming
Tana in, Tana in my mind.

Shuga and as giving total Willam face on the runway.