Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SRF
Oct 31, 2011

pidan posted:

Just got told we're not really the kind of people the Vermieter is looking for, and I'm torn between wanting to sue him for discrimination and being glad I didn't have to travel 300 km for a flat we have no chance of getting.

I'll be going on a couple of 300km round trips this week to look at flats that we most likely won't be getting because of overwhelming demand. The Wohnungsmarkt is terrible and I hate everything.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pidan
Nov 6, 2012

SRF posted:

I'll be going on a couple of 300km round trips this week to look at flats that we most likely won't be getting because of overwhelming demand. The Wohnungsmarkt is terrible and I hate everything.

Now try being non white. "Darf ich fragen, was für ein Landsmann er ist?" Piss off lol

E: not against you, SRF, for all I know they're doing this to you too. Just venting.

pidan fucked around with this message at 08:30 on Apr 9, 2019

Sereri
Sep 30, 2008

awwwrigami

Well have you tried being more white?

Immer dieser fehlende Integrationswille :nallears:

oliwan
Jul 20, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo

pidan posted:

Now try being non white. "Darf ich fragen, was für ein Landsmann er ist?" Piss off lol

E: not against you, SRF, for all I know they're doing this to you too. Just venting.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WnP4w8eTAxU

Dommolus Magnus
Feb 27, 2013

Randler posted:

Euch Kollaborateuren ist schon klar, dass die Tommies euch als erste verzehren werden, oder?

Wenn man den Schaden bedenkt, den die folgende Epidemie der "Mad Kraut Disease" anrichten wird, kann man da wirklich von Kollaborateuren reden?

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747

pidan posted:

Now try being non white.

Don't; blackface is frowned upon.

oliwan
Jul 20, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo
I just ran into my downstairs neighbour and he was angry that he was awoken from his nap by my music. It was 19 Uhr. I really hate that man.

Mithaldu
Sep 25, 2007

Let's cuddle. :3:
Tbh either you really turned your music up stupidly high, or you live in some kind of Amerika-inspired Gipskarton house emulation.

GABA ghoul
Oct 29, 2011

Lol, I have never even seen a Schichtarbeiter

oliwan
Jul 20, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo

Mithaldu posted:

Tbh either you really turned your music up stupidly high, or you live in some kind of Amerika-inspired Gipskarton house emulation.

Nah op, it's a "normal" Altbau and I guess it was kinda laut, but definitely not stupid high as it was coming from my small computer speakers lol. He is just a hypersensitive fuckwit that loves to complain.

This is the same guy that came up to complain about the music on the 1st of may. During the day. In Kreuzberg.

Opferwurst posted:

Lol, I have never even seen a Schichtarbeiter

No, he calls himself Dr. Something, and is a teacher.

suck my woke dick
Oct 10, 2012

:siren:I CANNOT EJACULATE WITHOUT SEEING NATIVE AMERICANS BRUTALISED!:siren:

Put this cum-loving slave on ignore immediately!

Lunar Suite posted:

Why would you do that to yourself? If I wasn't doing a PhD and didn't have a relationship I'd've left two years ago.

Don't doxx me

Perestroika
Apr 8, 2010

"Man, I love Berliner Schnauze, everybody is so direct and genuine!"
"Your garbage music is too loud and annoying."
"This is violence."

Smirr
Jun 28, 2012

Perestroika posted:

"Man, I love Berliner Schnauze, everybody is so direct and genuine!"
"Your garbage music is too loud and annoying."
"This is violence."

:ocelot:

SRF
Oct 31, 2011

pidan posted:

I am very, very white, as is my wife, so we're only dealing with the regular bullshit (unless there is rampant anti-American sentiment I'm not aware of).

Cat Mattress posted:

Don't; blackface is frowned upon.

:CryingWallraff:

Dommolus Magnus
Feb 27, 2013

SRF posted:

I am very, very white, as is my wife, so we're only dealing with the regular bullshit (unless there is rampant anti-American sentiment I'm not aware of).

Not sure about the general population, but I'd definitely be careful around anthropomorphic birds.

Mithaldu
Sep 25, 2007

SRF posted:

A lot of ossis don't like americans in general, yeah. (My parents for example don't like the musician i let stay at my place for a while for example because he managed to live for like 7 years in Germany without learning German.)

oliwan posted:

Nah op, it's a "normal" Altbau and I guess it was kinda laut, but definitely not stupid high as it was coming from my small computer speakers lol. He is just a hypersensitive fuckwit that loves to complain.

This is the same guy that came up to complain about the music on the 1st of may. During the day. In Kreuzberg.
Maybe the dude is indeed an idiot, but really, i'm curious what kind of place you live in. Altbau in Stralsund means "solid as a loving bunker" and the only buildings where noise might be a concern are the Plattenbauten with their super thin everything.

Sereri
Sep 30, 2008

awwwrigami

SRF posted:

Obligatory AMI GO HOME

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan
only good Ami: https://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Amerikaner_(Geb%C3%A4ck)

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

I haven't seen one of those in decades.

as a kid I definitely believed they were called Amerikaner because they came in black or white.

Badly Jester
Apr 9, 2010

Bitches!

Mithaldu posted:

A lot of ossis don't like americans in general, yeah. (My parents for example don't like the musician i let stay at my place for a while for example because he managed to live for like 7 years in Germany without learning German.)

Not liking 300+ million people on principle is retarded. Being critical of someone who has lived somewhere for seven years without making any effort to learn the local language is not.

Drone
Aug 22, 2003

Incredible machine
:smug:

Sereri
Sep 30, 2008

awwwrigami

They have these at pretty much all the bakeries around here but I also haven't seen a black and white one or black one in at least a decade, only white ones.

:hitler:

MonikaTSarn
May 23, 2005

Sereri posted:

They have these at pretty much all the bakeries around here but I also haven't seen a black and white one or black one in at least a decade, only white ones.

:hitler:

The small bakery next to my work used to have ones that were sugar all over, with chocolate over one half of it. Those were perfect, but the bakery got replaced by a Netto backstation. :-(

My Lovely Horse posted:

I haven't seen one of those in decades.

as a kid I definitely believed they were called Amerikaner because they came in black or white.

Germany Discussion: I have never even seen a bakery

Randler
Jan 3, 2013

ACER ET VEHEMENS BONAVIS

SRF posted:

Unfortunately a lot of people are too polite to display proper antiimperialist attitudes in public.

pidan
Nov 6, 2012

Randler posted:

Unfortunately a lot of people are too polite to display proper antiimperialist attitudes in public.

I don't have very strong feelings about Americans in theory, but whenever I meet one irl I'm all 😍
They're just so earnest and their teeth are so straight

Mithaldu
Sep 25, 2007

Badly Jester posted:

Not liking 300+ million people on principle is retarded.
I said in general, not on principle. I know this is the Deutschlandfaden, but i'd kind of expect basic english comprehension.

Badly Jester
Apr 9, 2010

Bitches!
Look, I'm not going to poo poo up the thread by launching into a nitpicky discussion of semantics and syntax with you. If you think that in this context there's a meaningful distinction between "not liking 300+ million people in general" and "not liking 300+ million people on principle", you're a silly goose. Add being a big fat goober on top of that, since this argument is completely irrelevant to the overall point I was making.

Mithaldu
Sep 25, 2007

Your point is irrelevant because you're trying to make it out that i claimed all ossis hate amis because they're amis, when i said a lot of ossis don't like amis with the implication and an example of reasons for such.

The words you said were, on their own, correct, but they apply to neither reality nor what i said. They were a pointless dumb kneejerk.

Randler
Jan 3, 2013

ACER ET VEHEMENS BONAVIS
Randler's Primer to Responsible Antiamericanism

All Americans structurally benefit from the unjust political and economical order imposed by the United States. So, similar to landlords and boomers, a certain degree of contempt is justifiable towards all Americans.

A special and more personal contempt should, however, be reserved for those who actively partake in upholding and strengthening afotementioned unjust order, e.g. troops and techlords.

The same applies to Americans who do mit actively further but joyously embrace their privilege, e.g. Chuds. This is also the category for non-American fanboys like Springer or Steinmeier.

GABA ghoul
Oct 29, 2011

Amerikaner kommen mir nicht ins Haus. Erstens sind sie sehr laut und zweiten kochen sie ständig Hamburger und dann stinkt das ganze Treppenhaus für Wochen.

Randler
Jan 3, 2013

ACER ET VEHEMENS BONAVIS
Legally speaking, it is generally illegal to discriminate somebody because they're American.

Legally speaking, it is generally legal to discriminate somebody because they hold political opinions that Americans tend to hold.

Sphairon
May 5, 2012
ASK ME ABOUT BEING A LIBERTARIAN PIECE OF SHIT AND TONGUING RON PAUL'S BIGOTED ASSHOLE WHILE HE BEATS A GAY COUPLE TO DEATH WITH A GOLDEN DILDO AND JERKS OFF TO A PICTURE OF THE CONFEDERATE RAG WHILE WATCHING ATLAS SHRUGGED IN 3D

Mithaldu posted:

A lot of ossis don't like americans in general, yeah.

The fun thing about Ostronnie anti-Americanism is that the density of überdimensionierte amerikanische KFZ is markedly higher here in my subjective impression as a Besserwessi migrant. While Bavarian Landeier generally limit themselves to a BMW X3 for their dangerous trips from Dorfstraße to Aldi, Erzgebirgsronnie apparently needs a Dodge RAM, his only regret being that his Autogasumrüstung prevents him from using a DIESEL UND STOLZ car tattoo on his tailgate.

Dommolus Magnus
Feb 27, 2013

Sphairon posted:

The fun thing about Ostronnie anti-Americanism is that the density of überdimensionierte amerikanische KFZ is markedly higher here in my subjective impression as a Besserwessi migrant. While Bavarian Landeier generally limit themselves to a BMW X3 for their dangerous trips from Dorfstraße to Aldi, Erzgebirgsronnie apparently needs a Dodge RAM, his only regret being that his Autogasumrüstung prevents him from using a DIESEL UND STOLZ car tattoo on his tailgate.

As we all know the American West looks just like the Sächsiche Schweiz, so it makes perfect sense that you would find the same sort of vehicle in both places.

Mithaldu
Sep 25, 2007

Opferwurst posted:

kochen sie ständig Hamburger
Gekocht? Is das dann nicht mehr wie Königsberger?

Sphairon posted:

Tbh must be a southern thing. I definitely don't see the same thing in Meck-Pomm.

That said, cars have done an impressive job of making GBS threads up the east in many many ways.

elbkaida
Jan 13, 2008
Look!
Nah, that's definitely an exception. In all my years of living in Saxony I can't remember seeing big US pickups or SUVs en masse. Ain't nobody here got the money for that lmao

System Metternich
Feb 28, 2010

But what did he mean by that?

Opferwurst posted:

und zweiten kochen sie ständig Hamburger

Und Sie nennen sie trotz allem gekochte Huscheln obwohl sie eindeutig gegrillt sind?

Sphairon
May 5, 2012
ASK ME ABOUT BEING A LIBERTARIAN PIECE OF SHIT AND TONGUING RON PAUL'S BIGOTED ASSHOLE WHILE HE BEATS A GAY COUPLE TO DEATH WITH A GOLDEN DILDO AND JERKS OFF TO A PICTURE OF THE CONFEDERATE RAG WHILE WATCHING ATLAS SHRUGGED IN 3D

elbkaida posted:

Nah, that's definitely an exception. In all my years of living in Saxony I can't remember seeing big US pickups or SUVs en masse. Ain't nobody here got the money for that lmao

I wouldn't call it a mass phenomenon, but while I would occasionally see an enthusiast in one of these things back in my Bavarian Speckgürtel, here it seems like more of a regular occurrence. But it's definitely an effect of living in the Einzugsbereich of a somewhat prosperous city. Go all the way out to Bautzen and the F-150s are fully replaced by lovingly maintained Trabanten.

Smirr
Jun 28, 2012

System Metternich posted:

Und Sie nennen sie trotz allem gekochte Huscheln obwohl sie eindeutig gegrillt sind?

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

I SCORED 85% ON A QUIZ ABOUT MONDAY NIGHT RAW AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TEXT

#bastionboogerbrigade

System Metternich posted:

:dudsmile:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mano
Jul 11, 2012

Mithaldu posted:

That said, cars have done an impressive job of making GBS threads up the east in many many ways.

There’s a Trabby joke in there somewhere but I can’t find it.