Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Platystemon)

Rhesus Pieces
Jun 27, 2005

https://twitter.com/matthewstoller/status/1115991653662195713?s=21

:thunk:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jobson groeth
May 17, 2018

by FactsAreUseless

01011001 posted:

look it cant be a gay robot blowjob

Maybe machines aren't all bad.

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
:roboluv: :love: :roboluv:
Is the latex on these things lipstick safe?

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

Jose posted:

You've been fired from the dick sucking factory due to automation

lmao

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

http://www.ilga.gov/legislation/fulltext.asp?DocName=&SessionId=108&GA=101&DocTypeId=SB&DocNum=1719&GAID=15&LegID=&SpecSess=&Session=

quote:

"User" means a person who purchases, leases, or otherwise uses a digital device.

2 Section 15. Collection, use, storage, or disclosure of
3 information from a digital device's microphone. No private
4 entity may turn on or enable, cause to be turned on or enabled,
5 or otherwise use a digital device's microphone to listen for or
6 collect information, including spoken words or other audible or
7 inaudible sounds, unless a user first agrees to a written
8 policy informing the user:
9 (1) that the microphone in his or her digital device
10 will be turned on, enabled, or used;
11 (2) how often the microphone will be turned on,
12 enabled, or used;
13 (3) of the categories of information, such as spoken
14 words or audible or inaudible sounds, the microphone will
15 be listening for, collecting, storing, and disclosing; and
16 (4) of the purpose for which the information will be
17 collected, used, stored, and disclosed.

This is actually pretty poorly drafted given that definition of user.

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend

01011001 posted:

look it cant be a gay robot blowjob

I'd be more comfortable if it had a bow on top, a la Mini Mouse.

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
https://twitter.com/broderick/status/1115630135082876929

https://twitter.com/nathanTbernard/status/1116005336559824897

Taintrunner has issued a correction as of 01:33 on Apr 11, 2019

Main Paineframe
Oct 27, 2010

I don't see any problem with that definition of user

anyone who handles the device needs to give permission, even if someone else buys it for them

Paramemetic
Sep 29, 2003

Area 51. You heard of it, right?

Fallen Rib

Main Paineframe posted:

anyone who handles the device needs to give permission, even if someone else buys it for them

one might consider that remotely activating it is "otherwise using" it, and thus Google or Amazon or whoever is also a "user" under the definition

as would be the NSA or whoever

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

Main Paineframe posted:

You don't even have to handle it though, you walk into someone else's house and then a device manufacturer is breaking the law because the owner turned "hey siri" on.

fabergay egg
Mar 1, 2012

it's not a rhetorical question, for politely saying 'you are an idiot, you don't know what you are talking about'

hobbesmaster posted:

You don't even have to handle it though, you walk into someone else's house and then a device manufacturer is breaking the law because the owner turned "hey siri" on.

good. im glad of it.

jobson groeth
May 17, 2018

by FactsAreUseless

hobbesmaster posted:

You mean to say that Google can't record my voice automatically without my permission or knowledge just because someone else was said yes to them in the past? Poor Google.

SlothfulCobra
Mar 27, 2011

https://twitter.com/matthewstoller/status/1116001121284366339

This is the best bit. "It could make service agreements void and unenforceable as if they weren't legally meaningless beforehand!"

Homocow
Apr 24, 2007

Extremely bad poster!
DO NOT QUOTE!

Pillbug
software isn't allowed to do "bad things"

unless it's a bug, then that's ok because we all make mistakes

bawfuls
Oct 28, 2009

Tastykake posted:

good. im glad of it.
:same:

SpaceGoku
Jul 19, 2011

lmao normally nate bernard over here is on point but I do not think anyone who regularly follows logan paul needs to be "introduced" to alex jones

logan paul's podcast is where right wing ideologues go when they've washed out

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
Rich people are actually extremely mentally ill

https://www.menshealth.com/health/a25902826/bulletproof-dave-asprey-biohacking/

quote:

Ten days before I met him at his home in British Columbia, Dave Asprey went to a clinic in Park City, Utah, where a surgeon harvested half a liter of bone marrow from his hips, filtered out the stem cells, and injected them into every joint in his body. He then threaded a cannula along Asprey’s spinal column and injected stem cells inside his spinal cord and into his cerebral fluid. “And then they did all the cosmetic stuff,” Asprey told me. “Hey, I’m unconscious, you’ve got extra stem cells—put ’em everywhere!” Everywhere meaning his scalp, to make his hair more abundant and lustrous; his face, to smooth out wrinkles; and his “male organs,” for—well, I’ll leave that part up to your imagination.

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
I know stem cells can turn into whatever other cells they are close to or some poo poo like that, but don't you need to do that under isolated conditions? If you inject them into your scalp for "hair abundance" whats preventing the stem cells from becoming more skin, or bone, or blood cells, there is nothing forcing them to become functional hair follicles if there is a ton of other poo poo to also transform into?

Amphigory
Feb 6, 2005

Nah mate, stem cells right into the dick right now please

Amphigory
Feb 6, 2005

Help, I have a hairy bone dick now

Main Paineframe
Oct 27, 2010

Paramemetic posted:

one might consider that remotely activating it is "otherwise using" it, and thus Google or Amazon or whoever is also a "user" under the definition

as would be the NSA or whoever

well, no, because they couldn't be a user until after they remotely activate it, and they have to get permission before they remotely activate it

hobbesmaster posted:

sounds good to me!!!!!

tino
Jun 4, 2018

by Smythe

Jose posted:

Rich people are actually extremely mentally ill

https://www.menshealth.com/health/a25902826/bulletproof-dave-asprey-biohacking/

quote:

Ten days before I met him at his home in British Columbia, Dave Asprey went to a clinic in Park City, Utah, where a surgeon harvested half a liter of bone marrow from his hips, filtered out the stem cells, and injected them into every joint in his body. He then threaded a cannula along Asprey’s spinal column and injected stem cells inside his spinal cord and into his cerebral fluid. “And then they did all the cosmetic stuff,” Asprey told me. “Hey, I’m unconscious, you’ve got extra stem cells—put ’em everywhere!” Everywhere meaning his scalp, to make his hair more abundant and lustrous; his face, to smooth out wrinkles; and his “male organs,” for—well, I’ll leave that part up to your imagination.

That sound like the stuff they do to Idris Elba to make him "the bad guy" manmachine in the new FF movie.

This is why I instinctively distrust keto diet. Every keto diet dude on youtube sound way more cultist than other health diet "influencer".

tino has issued a correction as of 12:52 on Apr 11, 2019

aphid_licker
Jan 7, 2009

Man how many waivers do you have to sign before someone agrees to do that stem cell thing to you

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

This has to be setting him up to develop all sorts of cancer, like brand new cancers that we didn't know of before will be found in his autopsy.

e: vvv :agreed: if that wasn't clear, hopefully it happens really fast too! *fingers crossed*

WampaLord has issued a correction as of 13:41 on Apr 11, 2019

Prav
Oct 29, 2011

good.

KozmoNaut
Apr 23, 2008

Happiness is a warm
Turbo Plasma Rifle

Sometimes we need people to serve as examples of what not to loving do.

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

I wonder if any of them read Count Zero and thought "yeah I wanna be that terrifying abomination that used to be human and is now a giant cancerous mass in a warehouse who runs his empire by VR"

Main Paineframe
Oct 27, 2010

bring back old gbs posted:

I know stem cells can turn into whatever other cells they are close to or some poo poo like that, but don't you need to do that under isolated conditions? If you inject them into your scalp for "hair abundance" whats preventing the stem cells from becoming more skin, or bone, or blood cells, there is nothing forcing them to become functional hair follicles if there is a ton of other poo poo to also transform into?

oh, absolutely. and for the most part, we don't yet know how to create those isolated conditions in the human body in a way such that they'll produce beneficial effects and not just become cancer seeds. no stem cell treatments have actually been proven to work yet

but because everyone's heard of them in pop science articles talking about how they're the future of medicine, there's a whole industry of unregulated hucksters claiming that stem cells are a magic elixir of life and that you can cure any ill by getting injected with a vial of liquid that says "stem cells" on the side*

*vial may not actually contain any stem cells. vial may not have been prepared in a sterile, safe, or sanitary manner

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
please excuse me while I go buy some bulk glass vials and order a million "HOMEOPATHIC STEM CELL" labels

Big Mad Drongo
Nov 10, 2006

Actually the penis is composed of undifferentiated "big dick energy cells," which also control your ability to amass wealth and power, so morer is gooder.

Nothus
Feb 22, 2001

Buglord
There's a 99.9% chance all those stem cells they injected promptly died because they had been taken out of their normal bone marrow environment. The survivors may go on to form tumors :unsmigghh:

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

guy's going to end up looking like the Toxic Avenger before this is all over

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Anybody lose their glasses?
lollin @ rich people paying other people to inject them with baby cancer cells

grow up strong young ones

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos

Amphigory posted:

Help, I have a hairy bone dick now

covered in light fur and with small hard protrusions, for her pleasure

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
it'll be pretty funny if stem cells end up being this generation's MIRACULOUS RADIATION elixers.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

This entire poo poo is weird and fake and can have bad medical implications. let 'em.

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

https://twitter.com/david_j_roth/status/1116191165919977474?s=09

Rhesus Pieces
Jun 27, 2005

in asprey’s case it’s garden variety techie arrogance combined with hypochondria and a profound fear of death

then you have peter thiel who wants to mainline the blood of young people into his veins in a psychotic desire for immortality and world domination

finally you have jack dorsey who eats one small meal a day and fasts on weekends despite weighing like 143 pounds which sure sounds like a desire for control manifesting as an eating disorder

these people so rich and bored that their brains are turning on their own bodies. they’re a danger to themselves and others but since they’re wealthy and powerful nobody will dare force them into treatment.

Fat-Lip-Sum-41.mp3
Nov 15, 2003

He's 45 and he looks 45.

edit: I take it back after googling 40+ year old bodybuilders. For a guy with millions to spend on self-improvement, he looks like poo poo for 45.

Fat-Lip-Sum-41.mp3 has issued a correction as of 17:15 on Apr 11, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Farm Frenzy
Jan 3, 2007

being set for 10000 lifetimes because you sold people the idea of putting butter in coffee probably does things to you psychologically