Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

Deadguy2322 posted:

Welcome to weeks ago, dude.

hosed up that I would besmirch the sanctity of the Vita thread by scoffing at how dumb you are

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Deadguy2322
Dec 16, 2017

Greatness Awaits

BENGHAZI 2 posted:

hosed up that I would besmirch the sanctity of the Vita thread by scoffing at how dumb you are

Nice meltdown!

Deadguy2322 fucked around with this message at 15:59 on Mar 24, 2019

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
Anything I need to know about moving from one vita to another?

I do have PS+ so I am guessing just upload cloud saves and set the new vita up and register it. Then put the memory card in.

Is that it?

Mithaldu
Sep 25, 2007

Let's cuddle. :3:
You can also back it up to your pc via usb, which might be faster than redownloading the games again.

ayukawa
Feb 7, 2016

Nice boat.

Mithaldu posted:

You can also back it up to your pc via usb, which might be faster than redownloading the games again.

Make sure to use QCMA for back-ups if you are trying to use USB as CMA seems to have decided it only wishes to work over WiFi.

A little extra non-needed information because I feel like typing for some reason...
But, it also works when a new Vita joins the team.

What I do when I get a new game, is I download it to my Vita. Then I download and install any and all DLC for it I have get with also. Open the game once so as to make certain it is actually working, but not play any of it. Then, connect to my PC via QCMA using USB. Open Content Manager on the Vita, and backup the game in a Fresh Install state to my PC. Once it is backed up, I 7zip the folder it saved to, name it, move a copy to an external hard drive, and a secondary copy to another drive.
Once I reach 23Gig of new games, I do take an extra step and back them up one more time to a 25GB Optical Media BluRay Disc. But, that is just my being extra careful.

So, the files look like this:

ωLabrynthZ (J) [FreshInstall][DLC].7z Name (language) [Status][all DLC?].extension
ωLabrynthZ (J) [Working][DLC].7z - current status choices are FreshInstall and Working

Is important, if I obtain extra DLC later, to update the file.

It is a little obsessive, but as a system it works for me.
And, the best part is, I never have to scroll through hundreds of entries to try and install DLC to a game later in life. I just un-7zip into the proper place, and QCMA it up to my Vita. DLC included.

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer
The director of Senran Kagura has left Marvelous
https://www.famitsu.com/news/201903/27173600.html

hadji murad
Apr 18, 2006
Not going to read anything and assume he’s being jailed.

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

He joined Cygames.

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
That's... a pretty big upgrade really. Cygames is super successful and rich and poo poo.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

granblue relink needed hornier devs

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

Super No Vacancy posted:

granblue relink needed hornier devs

Metera exists so I'm not so sure on that

AG3
Feb 4, 2004

Ask me about spending hundreds of dollars on Mass Effect 2 emoticons and Avatars.

Oven Wrangler

kirbysuperstar posted:

Metera exists so I'm not so sure on that

Valkyrie Drive: Bhikkhuni but with Granblue characters.

AG3 fucked around with this message at 08:47 on Mar 28, 2019

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Vita means life

https://gematsu.com/2019/03/nurse-love-syndrome-coming-west-for-ps-vita-pc-in-april

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

"Written by real life nurses Sakura Sakura and Madoka Madoka"

:thunk:

Oscar Wild
Apr 11, 2006

It's good to be a G

Candy strippers? Cell my cardiologist.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Pastry of the Year posted:

"Written by real life nurses Sakura Sakura and Madoka Madoka"

:thunk:

lol if you think they’d want their real names on this thing

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

*Wyclef Jean voice*

waah
Jun 20, 2011

Better stay in line when
You see a Pavel like me shinin

Pablo Nergigante posted:

*Wyclef Jean voice*

I thought you were about to make a "someone please call 911" joke in the vita thread.

sponges
Sep 15, 2011

I just got dis thing for cheap. What are some good games? I like rpgs,platformers and FPS. I could google this mundane question but I trust you degenerate pieces of filth.

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

sponges posted:

I just got dis thing for cheap. What are some good games? I like rpgs,platformers and FPS. I could google this mundane question but I trust you degenerate pieces of filth.

Try criminal girls.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

Out of those genres? Off the top of my head Killzone: Mercenary, Spelunky, Freedom Wars, Persona 4 Golden, Soul Sacrifice Delta, the Trails of Cold Steel games, Shiren the Wanderer, and Odin Sphere.

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

Murumasa Rebirth as well, maybe.

Borderlands 2 is on Vita as well but from memory it runs like rear end.

Annath
Jan 11, 2009

Batatouille is a great and funny play on words for a video game creature and I love silly words like these
Clever Betty
Is it possible to "see" all Soul Sacrifice Delta has to offer playing offline? I played it when it first came out and loved it, but ended up setting it aside.

I'm assuming that the online must be dead by now.

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

the Atelier series has a bunch of entries on the Vita, including the very, very good Dusk games, which haven't been ported to pc or a recent console

sponges
Sep 15, 2011

U-DO Burger posted:

the Atelier series has a bunch of entries on the Vita, including the very, very good Dusk games, which haven't been ported to pc or a recent console

Those Atelier games seem a little twee for my tastes.

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

someone please complete this sentence: you'll like the Atelier series if you like _____________

there are about a million of those games and I actually do like a twee, cozy aesthetic sometimes, but I'll be damned if I can figure out from some cursory reading what it is you do in them and what they play like, etc.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

someone please complete this sentence: you'll like the Atelier series if you like _____________

there are about a million of those games and I actually do like a twee, cozy aesthetic sometimes, but I'll be damned if I can figure out from some cursory reading what it is you do in them and what they play like, etc.

They're JRPGs where you split your time between slice of life adventures in town, going out to collect ingredients to brew potions, and occasionally a bit of traditional JRPG combat where you throw potions and bombs at the enemy, while trying to manage your relationships with a pretty sizeable cast of characters, and completing specific items by specific dates so your shop isn't repoed/you pass your exams/your parents don't ban you from doing science forever.

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

you'll like the Atelier series if you like being rewarded for the effort you put into item crafting

typically, you start an Atelier game comically underpowered. Maybe some enemies hit too hard, or maybe even basic enemies are damage sponges. Either way, it can feel like the game is balanced slightly against your favor. Unlike other rpgs, the equipment you can buy or find are usually of middling quality, and level ups only give you modest stat gains. The way you even the odds, and eventually destroy the power curve altogether, is through item crafting.

You'll be making everything you use, your healing items, your attack items, your weapons, armor, and accessories. The crafting systems start out pretty simple, but new aspects of crafting are added over time, and it gets deep enough that the more time you spend thinking about which ingredients to add, and in which order, the better your results. It means the difference between a normal bomb that hits a few enemies for 60, to an awesome bomb that hits all enemies for 200+, lowers their stats, poisons them, and pushes back their turn. The progression feels really good because every single thing that you use in battle to dominate your foes is something you yourself made. In Atelier Ayesha, for example, by the end of the game I had crafted a weapon for Ayesha that inflicted bonus damage of every element, absorbed damage as HP, boosted all of her stats, reduced the enemy's speed, power, and defense, boosted skill damage by 12% and reduced MP costs by 25%. It's really fun.

Namnesor
Jun 29, 2005

Dante's allowance - $100
Every Atelier game starts with the main character going "what's a cauldron" and ends with them going "I made this bomb to kill god"

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord

Coughing Hobo posted:

Every Atelier game starts with the main character going "what's a cauldron" and ends with them going "I made this bomb to kill god"

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
Anyone interested in a "new" silver 2000? I say "new" because there is some dust on the screen and the foam wrap around the system is wrong. I have a feeling this was a floor display. The system appears to be new other than that, but it doesn't look factory new. Gotta love amazon 3rd party sellers. I could turn it on and check firmware if necessary.

Omobono
Feb 19, 2013

That's it! No more hiding in tomato crates! It's time to show that idiota Germany how a real nation fights!

For pasta~! CHARGE!

Coughing Hobo posted:

Understatement of the century.

For reference, I don't have a good head for all the crafting things but I've read something of what you can pull. I think my favourite was hearing about a pie in Meruru (if I recall correctly) where all the traits meant that the pie healed Hp and Sp to full, layered every single buff in the game plus reraise and automatically triggered from inventory without using a turn whenever a character was at critical HP, for example if said character had just been revived from the reraise effect.

BisterdDave
Apr 21, 2004

Slitzweitz!

Waltzing Along posted:

Anyone interested in a "new" silver 2000? I say "new" because there is some dust on the screen and the foam wrap around the system is wrong. I have a feeling this was a floor display. The system appears to be new other than that, but it doesn't look factory new. Gotta love amazon 3rd party sellers. I could turn it on and check firmware if necessary.

Just sent you a PM.

Annath
Jan 11, 2009

Batatouille is a great and funny play on words for a video game creature and I love silly words like these
Clever Betty

Omobono posted:

Understatement of the century.

For reference, I don't have a good head for all the crafting things but I've read something of what you can pull. I think my favourite was hearing about a pie in Meruru (if I recall correctly) where all the traits meant that the pie healed Hp and Sp to full, layered every single buff in the game plus reraise and automatically triggered from inventory without using a turn whenever a character was at critical HP, for example if said character had just been revived from the reraise effect.

Well gently caress. Now I gotta play this.

Where do I start?

Fru Fru
Sep 14, 2007
We're gonna need a bigger boat...and some water.

Annath posted:

Well gently caress. Now I gotta play this.

Where do I start?

If you care about the story at all, just start with Rorona. A lot of people don't like it because the time constraint is pretty strict and you will definitely need to do a NG+ if you wanna get all the endings, but I actually like the time challenge. Meruru is the third in that trilogy (these games all come in trilogies set in parallel worlds) but you don't have to have played the other two if you just wanna make some crazy stuff. I don't remember making any pies like that but I think that was when pinwheels got crazy powerful.

If you are worried about the time challenge, maybe skip to the Dusk trilogy. I think Ayesha was was less strict and Escha & Logy is one of my favorites.

Also always get the "plus" versions. I don't know if you can still get the normal versions but just in case.

Annath
Jan 11, 2009

Clever Betty

Fru Fru posted:

If you care about the story at all, just start with Rorona. A lot of people don't like it because the time constraint is pretty strict and you will definitely need to do a NG+ if you wanna get all the endings, but I actually like the time challenge. Meruru is the third in that trilogy (these games all come in trilogies set in parallel worlds) but you don't have to have played the other two if you just wanna make some crazy stuff. I don't remember making any pies like that but I think that was when pinwheels got crazy powerful.

If you are worried about the time challenge, maybe skip to the Dusk trilogy. I think Ayesha was was less strict and Escha & Logy is one of my favorites.

Also always get the "plus" versions. I don't know if you can still get the normal versions but just in case.

Not a big fan of time limits in games, so I picked up Ayesha Plus, so we'll see how it goes!

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

For those of you with hacked Vitas, someone on Indiegogo is selling Switch-like HDMI out docks for hacked Vitas.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=do6uWdvBSWk

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

That's cool but also isn't it just a PlayStation TV

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
IIRC PSTVs have shot up in price ever since people figured out that they were fantastic piracy boxes

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Feels Villeneuve posted:

IIRC PSTVs have shot up in price ever since people figured out that they were fantastic piracy boxes

Yeah I regret not getting one when they were cheap.