Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
drat I'm sorry for yall with the boring baby showers. ours are basically regular adult birthday parties but with practical gifts

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
and yeah the heteronormativity is what makes gender reveal parties so creepy to me. it doesnt bother me for people to say 'oh yeah I'm having a boy' but when they like, buy a bunch of tonka trucks or whatever I always remember how much I hated those as a kid. should buy your kid poo poo based off what they want and not what you hope will translate into filling your ideal vision of them, I guess

SoR Blaze
Apr 12, 2006
I mean it's even baked into the language they choose: a "bouncing" boy or a "pretty" girl, or the fact that the boy cocktail is primarily bourbon and the girl cocktail is a dainty prosecco. Both cocktails sound overly sweet to me though tbh, don't know why you'd add syrup to something that already has ginger ale.

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

Junkiebev posted:

i go to the accountant tomorrow but as it stands between taxes medical coverage and medical out-of-pocket expenses i paid over $73k more than amazon did this year lmao

I just noticed your profile lol. what the gently caress is your income such that you're paying at least 73k in taxes?

quote:

I am a high frequency commodities arbitrageur for the proprietary trading division of a multinational bank.

KOTEX GOD OF BLOOD
Jul 7, 2012

gonna do a gender party where i build up to a big reveal "haha idk gently caress it" and force my friends and family to get wasted on neat laphroaig

mycomancy
Oct 16, 2016

KOTEX GOD OF BLOOD posted:

gonna do a gender party where i build up to a big reveal "haha idk gently caress it" and force my friends and family to get wasted on neat laphroaig

DONT THREAD ON ME
Oct 1, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo
Floss Finder
gonna hold a gender party where i 'reveal' a lecture about gender self-determinism

The Nastier Nate
May 22, 2005

All aboard the corona bus!

HONK! HONK!

Yams Fan

Len posted:

At every baby shower I've been to the only guys were the ones forced along by their significant others and everyone was bored. There's usually some form of free food though so at least it isn't a complete waste of time

At my sisters baby shower all the women stayed at the house while my brother-in-law took all the men out for pizza. I felt that was a good solution.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Imagined posted:

gently caress yeah

OKCupid has a city :psyduck:

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

The_Franz posted:

The perfect finger food to wash down with Coors Light, the champagne of beers.

Looks like we got a rich guy in the thread, any real poor person knows Miller High Life is the Champagne of Beers.

I got the tude now
Jul 22, 2007

Jerry Cotton posted:

oklahoma city

lol

voiceless anal fricative
May 6, 2007

JudgeX posted:

oklahoma city

lol

Oh thanks for clearing that up for us, we all seriously thought it was OkCupid city

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Jerry Cotton posted:

:lol:

KOTEX GOD OF BLOOD
Jul 7, 2012

what gender is an abortion?

Dr. Killjoy
Oct 9, 2012

:thunk::mason::brainworms::tinfoil::thunkher:
gonna have a gender reveal party where every guest is discretely put under anesthesia and when they wake up they’ll find I’ve inducted them all to a revived cult of Skoptsy. never said the party was for the baby, bitches.

Borden
Jul 23, 2008

ekuNNN posted:

A horse themed gender reveal party! So tacky and decadent and gross.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

OKCCC a.k.a OKC city city council.

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

Larry Parrish posted:

and yeah the heteronormativity is what makes gender reveal parties so creepy to me. it doesnt bother me for people to say 'oh yeah I'm having a boy' but when they like, buy a bunch of tonka trucks or whatever I always remember how much I hated those as a kid. should buy your kid poo poo based off what they want and not what you hope will translate into filling your ideal vision of them, I guess

You had lovely parents.

T-man
Aug 22, 2010

Talk shit, get bzzzt.

what gender is an abortion?

giannajessen.com

the gender is grifting pro life dickheads

Homocow
Apr 24, 2007

Extremely bad poster!
DO NOT QUOTE!

Pillbug

Jerry Cotton posted:

aw that's kinda cute :shobon:

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

The car lot I got my car from last year just sent me an email today as both a happy birthday and a reminder that their maintenance department is always there for me if I need them

Bodyholes
Jun 30, 2005

Larry Parrish posted:

I dont get the point of gender reveal parties in the first place

I didn't know about them because I don't hang out with normal people (apparently), and for many years I earnestly thought it meant a trans coming out party.

T-man
Aug 22, 2010

Talk shit, get bzzzt.

As soon as the Project is complete everyone will be coming out as trans. And gay. And communist.

(The project is anime)

Former DILF
Jul 13, 2017

Len posted:

The car lot I got my car from last year just sent me an email today as both a happy birthday and a reminder that their maintenance department is always there for me if I need them

send them a cease and desist

Media Bloodbath
Mar 1, 2018

PIVOT TO ETERNAL SUFFERING
:hb:
privacy concerns are now a mainstream thing.

https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2019/04/10/opinion/internet-data-privacy.html

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

New season of Black Mirror looking good

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

spacetoaster posted:

You had lovely parents.

i was about to defend my parents here until I realized the only birthday presents I ever truly liked were from my tia and tio so welp

KOTEX GOD OF BLOOD
Jul 7, 2012

a lot of this is dumb as hell paranoia and poo poo that will never happen

voiceless anal fricative
May 6, 2007

Um no "smart" homes literally generate data about nearly every part of your life over which you have no control or ownership.

e: vvvv oh ya guess you're right we don't need to worry about evil corporations owning minutely detailed data about everything you do

voiceless anal fricative has issued a correction as of 08:29 on Apr 12, 2019

Tashilicious
Jul 17, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

This is the worst loving article I've ever seen. It's like if someone said "what if we merged clickbait slideshows with flash sites from 2002"

Shipon
Nov 7, 2005

but enough about people's reason for buying home security cameras

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Amazon already listens to you throughout the day through Alexa but sure, if we just trust brands they'll stay out of our private space.

DONT THREAD ON ME
Oct 1, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo
Floss Finder

Rarity posted:

Amazon already listens to you throughout the day through Alexa but sure, if we just trust brands they'll stay out of our private space.

i mean, definitely don't buy an alexa if you care and imo you should.

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Anybody lose their glasses?

lol you loving idiot

Poniard
Apr 3, 2011

yelling at amazon alexis: but i have nothing to hide im not doing anything wrogn!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
goon project: what if we all bought an Alexa and started dining the internationale together at the same time every day for a year

Former DILF
Jul 13, 2017

DONT THREAD ON ME posted:

i mean, definitely don't buy an alexa if you care and imo you should.

i love my alexa, and so does my cat, now i have a thing to scream the N word at all day (my cat was that thing until I got an alexa)

DONT THREAD ON ME
Oct 1, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo
Floss Finder

Former DILF posted:

i love my alexa, and so does my cat, now i have a thing to scream the N word at all day (my cat was that thing until I got an alexa)

no shame just don't hold any dsa meetings in your house !!

Former DILF
Jul 13, 2017

what if instead of a break room you made a N-- room and either a black guy calls you the N word by the hour or you get to shout the N word at an Aunt Jemima Bottle where nobody can hear you

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tashilicious
Jul 17, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Former DILF posted:

what if instead of a break room you made a N-- room and either a black guy calls you the N word by the hour or you get to shout the N word at an Aunt Jemima Bottle where nobody can hear you

you need to stop posting