Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

Skwirl posted:

You think this A stands for Frank!?

:wink:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

So everyone remembers the time Ant-Man had his ants hold a gun on Orson Welles, right?

[Not a joke, the villain in the story is a very thinly disguised Orson Welles. Well, maybe not "thinly". :v:]

Random Stranger fucked around with this message at 00:27 on Apr 12, 2019

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
TELL THEM I'M NOT A CRIMINAL OR I WILL MURDER YOU!

Darthemed
Oct 28, 2007

"A data unit?
For me?
"

College Slice

Clue (2018)

Vanguard Illustrated #7 (1984)

Whiz Comics #2 (1940)

Xombi #1 (2011)

Action Jacktion
Jun 3, 2003

Elfface posted:

A quick google suggests that Millar wasn't involved with Youngbloods until the 2000s, so if that's from the original run it's 100% Liefeld.
That is the one Millar did, Youngblood: Bloodsport, which only lasted one issue.

LoEG Tempest #4:

Keeshhound
Jan 14, 2010

Mad Duck Swagger
Is the death machine just a bucket of water?

Darthemed
Oct 28, 2007

"A data unit?
For me?
"

College Slice
I wish.

:smith:

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

Darthemed posted:

Xombi #1 (2011)

I ate some bad scallops once, and I guess I gained the ability to shrink as well, if you count losing weight from all the making GBS threads

Keeshhound
Jan 14, 2010

Mad Duck Swagger

Ok, but that's a pretty great caption.

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

Reading golden age comics I'm often amused when something happens that quickly became ironic due to significant historical events overrunning the story. This isn't one of those times.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

Quite a superposition for the hero to find themselves in.

usenet celeb 1992
Jun 1, 2000

he thought quoting borges would make him popular

Darthemed posted:

Xombi #1 (2011)

Oh my god, there was another Xombi series? gently caress I need to find that.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

"Whatever you do, do NOT kick over the bucket. That will lead to HYPER DEATH"

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Popular culture has passed you by.

Action Jacktion posted:

That is the one Millar did, Youngblood: Bloodsport, which only lasted one issue.

LoEG Tempest #4:

Is that Doctor Strange in the lower right corner of the first panel?

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Grendels Dad posted:

I'm thinking "yes".

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Wow, Eternity's social life really went from zero to a hundred after this.

Electric_Mud
May 31, 2011

>10 THRUST "ROBO_COX"
>20 GOTO 10

Grendels Dad posted:

Nope, Zom

from the current League of Extraordinary Gentlemen

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

MikeJF posted:

Wow, Eternity's social life really went from zero to a hundred after this.

That's comics for you. Something dramatic is introduced as never happening in the history of the universe and then ten years later it's happening every Tuesday.

glitchwraith
Dec 29, 2008

Action Jacktion posted:

LoEG Tempest #4:

If hew wants people to stop contemplating his "infinity plus one", he should probably put some pants on.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Post Hawkeye panels on the hopes that the Hawkeye series rumour turns out to be true, and Clint is training Kate

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

Infinitum posted:

Post Hawkeye panels on the hopes that the Hawkeye series rumour turns out to be true, and Clint is training Kate

Hey, you looked too, dude. Don't pin this all on Steve.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather

robziel posted:

Nope, Zom

from the current League of Extraordinary Gentlemen

Imagine if one day 1/12 of the world gets killed and resurrected.

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

Infinitum posted:

I know this one, Kate! It's because Marvel was looking for some way to still use the X-Men characters despite de facto cancelling the series. And since so many heroes were based out of New York, they decided to try to move some characters to California. So they got a team together and Black Widow was already there for Daredevil, Ghost Rider was based in the area, and there were some spare X-Men.

Yeah, Hercules doesn't make a whole lot of sense, though.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Random Stranger posted:

Yeah, Hercules doesn't make a whole lot of sense, though.

Muscle Beach.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

If we're having a Hawkeye series with Kate, we better have mother loving Lucky the Pizza Dog

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

Dashing? But I'm not even moving!

robziel posted:

Nope, Zom

Zom is in the ship. There's a figure with a familiar cape standing on the bit of land to the right of infinity's legs.

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.

Samuringa posted:

Deadpool/Hawkeye makes fun of the way some Hawkeye pages are paneled but not in a mean-spirited way, more like in a Mel Brooks or Weird Al way. It's not the funniest thing in the world but I enjoyed its good-natured ribbing.

but my favorite gag is Kate using the RPG

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

That series was so good :allears:

Keromaru5
Dec 28, 2012

Pictured: The Wolf Of Gubbio (probably)

This avatar made possible by a gift from the Religionthread Posters Relief Fund
When did Black Cat start hanging out with Dr. Wily?

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Keromaru5 posted:

When did Black Cat start hanging out with Dr. Wily?

Well she was pointlessly evil at the time, so I guess she started recruiting any villain that wasn't busy.

Keeshhound
Jan 14, 2010

Mad Duck Swagger
If I was assembling a supervillain team, I think Dr. Wiley would be pretty high on my list of potential recruits.

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Required by his programming!

Keeshhound posted:

If I was assembling a supervillain team, I think Dr. Wiley would be pretty high on my list of potential recruits.

yeah i'd just make sure to take command of the robot masters away from him after he built them so we could, like, use them in teams and stuff

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

He doesn't want to stick them in separate levels and give them weaknesses, it's just union rules.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RpP_BKPa5Oc

Keeshhound
Jan 14, 2010

Mad Duck Swagger

Coolguye posted:

yeah i'd just make sure to take command of the robot masters away from him after he built them so we could, like, use them in teams and stuff

I mean, even ignoring that, the guy's made a good dozen odd plays for world domination, so it'd be helpful for him to just be around to say "nah, I tried that trick a couple times back in 20XX, it never works out how you think it will."

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

I like that Kate initially has the RPG backwards when she tries firing for the first time.

Keromaru5
Dec 28, 2012

Pictured: The Wolf Of Gubbio (probably)

This avatar made possible by a gift from the Religionthread Posters Relief Fund

Keeshhound posted:

I mean, even ignoring that, the guy's made a good dozen odd plays for world domination, so it'd be helpful for him to just be around to say "nah, I tried that trick a couple times back in 20XX, it never works out how you think it will."
On the other hand, he's made a good dozen plays for world domination. If anything, he'll be saying, "I've been trying this since 20XX; surely it'll work this time!"

Scaramouche
Mar 26, 2001

SPACE FACE! SPACE FACE!

Keromaru5 posted:

On the other hand, he's made a good dozen plays for world domination. If anything, he'll be saying, "I've been trying this since 20XX; surely it'll work this time!"

The Wiley Principle, fail sideways

Senior Woodchuck
Aug 29, 2006

When you're lost out there and you're all alone, a light is waiting to carry you home
Fun fact: Tony Isabella really wanted to just do a buddy book with Iceman and Angel, but his editor made him add the other three because every team has to have a strong guy, a girl, and a loose cannon. It was creation by tropes decades before TVTropes was even a thing.

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Required by his programming!

Keromaru5 posted:

regardless I think keeshound raises a good point. just ask wiley if he’s done this thing and if he says yes you do not do the thing regardless of how he phrases the results of the experience

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Or you could just ask what went wrong and tweak that. Iterative world domination.