Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

In the next Zelda, Link will vape, but too many vape tricks and the vape pen breaks. If you take one last hit off it before it breaks you can throw it at enemies to cause a lithium battery fire

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

s.i.r.e. posted:

I believe all that stuff is in the "Creating a Champion" book they released for BOTW, Link had a hoodie and such. Unless that was another thing.

It was specifically in a magazine and the only one I subscribed to was NP.

Though I could have seen it in EGM while tooling around Blockbuster.

Hey I'm old!

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?
I think you're thibking of "Valley of the Flood".

Pharohman777
Jan 14, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Inzombiac posted:

It was specifically in a magazine and the only one I subscribed to was NP.

Though I could have seen it in EGM while tooling around Blockbuster.

Hey I'm old!

Nah, you're just in nintendo's 'adult who might have a kid' demographic.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

DoctorWhat posted:

I think you're thibking of "Valley of the Flood".

No, that was only one picture from some DA account. This had "real" concept art of an adult link, the motorcycle and some generic cyberpunk Hyrule.
I swear to God it was a thing that happened. My friend back then and I talked about it constantly.

Waffle!
Aug 6, 2004

I Feel Pretty!

Settlers of Catan has a release date now, June 20th. No details about multiplayer just yet.

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

No. 1 Callie Fan posted:

https://twitter.com/PinballFX/status/1116333834646110210

19 Star Wars themed pinball tables are coming to the Switch. Apparently this is a standalone release from the regular Pinball FX3 stuff.
very cool!!

Captain Queernabs
Dec 25, 2005

Fig. 1: bonehorse
Pillbug
Hellblade: Senua's Sacrifice came out today. It was on a few best of 2017 lists and the concept seems fascinating. Has anyone read anything about the port quality?

repiv
Aug 13, 2009

Captain Queernabs posted:

Hellblade: Senua's Sacrifice came out today. It was on a few best of 2017 lists and the concept seems fascinating. Has anyone read anything about the port quality?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hDT23cdRtjE

It looks a lot better than I expected :eyepop:

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

If you're planning on playing Hellblade, you absolutely need to play the game with headphones. Just a heads up.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich
We still don't have Netflix, but the upcoming Disney+ has been confirmed to be coming to the Switch.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:

Rirse posted:

We still don't have Netflix, but the upcoming Disney+ has been confirmed to be coming to the Switch.

A Japanese console getting a Western animation service first.

The Switch is dead.

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦
Proposal: remove the OP enchantments you get from beating the guardian beasts and replace them with skills that restore durability or reduce wear for ten minutes

Reality: Link falls through the ground into the Hylian catacombs. He grabs a nearby Stalfos by the shoulders and shakes it "nigga have you tried the green potion?!"

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

repiv posted:

Is it digital only?

Knorth
Aug 19, 2014

Buglord
Yeah, for now at least

Guilty
May 3, 2003
Ask me about how people having a bad reaction to MSG makes them racist, because I've never heard of gluten sensitivity

Captain Queernabs posted:

I just picked it up and the first ten minutes is literally sailing down a creepy river while the credits played and then it's five minutes of running in a set path in a very moody setting and I've shut it off. I guess some day when I'm a bit more patient I'll give it a shot, but as of right now kinda pissed I have to watch a ten minutes credit scroll before I can even get to the tutorial

Crosscontaminant
Jan 18, 2007

I don't know how to feel about people saying that hearty meals broke Breath of the Wild when their existence was the only thing that meant I could complete the game. They seemed to be the only way to restore a decent amount of HP once I had enough health padding to actually finish the game.

Ineffiable
Feb 16, 2008

Some say that his politics are terrifying, and that he once punched a horse to the ground...

No. 1 Callie Fan posted:

https://twitter.com/PinballFX/status/1116333834646110210

19 Star Wars themed pinball tables are coming to the Switch. Apparently this is a standalone release from the regular Pinball FX3 stuff.

Gonna probably get this but depending on price. Good that it supports vertical orientation.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Guilty posted:

I just picked it up and the first ten minutes is literally sailing down a creepy river while the credits played and then it's five minutes of running in a set path in a very moody setting and I've shut it off. I guess some day when I'm a bit more patient I'll give it a shot, but as of right now kinda pissed I have to watch a ten minutes credit scroll before I can even get to the tutorial

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nEDKVNoE2ws

Fantastic Foreskin
Jan 6, 2013

A golden helix streaked skyward from the Helvault. A thunderous explosion shattered the silver monolith and Avacyn emerged, free from her prison at last.

People say this? I mean yeah, being able to pause and heal mid-fight makes any fight unloseable for the sufficiently prepared, but the combat in the game being bad appears to be the only uncontroversial opinion in gaming. Either an enemy is going to do half to all your health in a hit, or like only 1/4 heart.

Automata 10 Pack
Jun 21, 2007

Ten games published by Automata, on one cassette
vb mario tennis is in labo vr, neat

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Crosscontaminant posted:

I don't know how to feel about people saying that hearty meals broke Breath of the Wild when their existence was the only thing that meant I could complete the game. They seemed to be the only way to restore a decent amount of HP once I had enough health padding to actually finish the game.

You not only cheated the game, you cheated yourself. You didn't progress. You didn't learn.

hadji murad
Apr 18, 2006
Y’all fuckers made me just buy Zelda so I can have an opinion on durability.

(I was sold on the durian)

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Things to do:

- Get more health containers to get master sword [ 1 / 10 ]
- Get durians [ ]
- Learn nothing [ ]
- get a warm doublet on accident [X]

RBA Starblade fucked around with this message at 02:47 on Apr 12, 2019

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

repiv posted:

Hot drat that's a well optimized engine

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

RBA Starblade posted:

Things to do:

- go check out that lightning plateau that's always stormy

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

I don't need friends! I've been
manipulatin' you since the start!
All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

The secret boss in Yoshi’s Crafted World is extremely good although I am bad at the giant robot controls. That’s one complaint I have about the game. I would have liked to have seen more use of stuff like the giant robot instead of every single level being a one-off gimmick.

I would pay Nintendo for DLC of more levels like the secret world and another hard boss. It’s good stuff.

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

https://twitter.com/Nintendeal/status/1116469181304717313

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
nintendogs

creationist believer
Feb 16, 2007

College Slice

If only denatonium benzoate had been invented a decade earlier

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Good Soldier Svejk posted:

Hot drat that's a well optimized engine
oof the portable mode looks rough

Knorth
Aug 19, 2014

Buglord
It looked fine to me?

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

bowmore posted:

That was really lovely capture equipment. You could see the text in the menus was glowing with insane halos that made the letters look fat. Probably recorded on a phone.

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

A GLISTENING HODOR posted:

That was really lovely capture equipment. You could see the text in the menus was glowing with insane halos that made the letters look fat. Probably recorded on a phone.
Ok that's good

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Odd Mutant posted:

vb mario tennis is in labo vr, neat

:allears: really?

Knorth
Aug 19, 2014

Buglord
Oh you mean in the video, okay.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

bowmore posted:

That was literally a camera/phone pointed at the screen while in portable mode.

Its gonna look bad when you record a screen

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

A video of it

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

Jim Silly-Balls posted:

That was literally a camera/phone pointed at the screen while in portable mode.

Its gonna look bad when you record a screen

Yeah, if you're gonna try to have a review channel for handheld games maybe learn to set your camera's ISO and whatnot.

Because this looks wildly awful and not representative of you saying in the voice-over "it looks great in handheld".

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

https://twitter.com/infernal_monkey/status/1115107513450422272?s=21