Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

goblin week
Jan 26, 2019

Absolute clown.

Soricidus posted:

tag yrselves, I’m a stone dog of sorts

e: wait no I’m bouncing someone’s buttocks on planks

i’m a clownish game of balance

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

theflyingorc
Jun 28, 2008

ANY GOOD OPINIONS THIS POSTER CLAIMS TO HAVE ARE JUST PROOF THAT BULLYING WORKS
Young Orc
i like that the person described everything, no matter how simple, except for climbing a tree, which speaks for itself

Powerful Two-Hander
Mar 10, 2004

Mods please change my name to "Tooter Skeleton" TIA.

this is some apple cabin foods poo poo right here "playing with birds, ever popular! "

u want 2 ask, ask!

Edit: pretty sure I'm "the many uses of a barrel"

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

Soricidus posted:

"Technically, not quite a game but practiced often" is close to peak Wikipedia

this, but in a 1950s radio announcer voice

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

Schadenboner
Aug 15, 2011

by Shine

Soricidus posted:

If a player "sticks" the knife in his own foot, he wins the game by default, although few players find this option appealing because of the possibility of bodily harm.

No kinkshame plz.

:(

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

In 2006, decorative lighting, visible for miles (kilometers),[clarification needed] was installed 

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
The site also includes a glossary of terms humorously entitled "Lip-glossary of Semiconductor Terms".

aardvaard
Mar 4, 2013

you belong in the bog of eternal stench

In the 21st century, particularly during the summer of 2016, the song became popular as an internet meme.[6] Writing for MTV.com, Sasha Geffen compared the situation to similar resurgences of "All Star" by Smash Mouth and "One Week" by the Barenaked Ladies, going on to attribute the song's popularity to "the merits of its vocal absurdity." She wrote, "There's something ridiculous about how eagerly Rob Thomas lays his earnest alt-rock croon over Santana's guitar, sweating out lines about how his 'Spanish Harlem Mona Lisa' is 'just like the ocean under the moon' without a hint of self-consciousness or irony'[7]. In 2017, Tanya Sichynsky of The Washington Post similarly opined that, "The opening lyric 'Man, it's a hot one,'... is a punch line that requires no set-up [8]. The song was featured on two tracks, "Melt Everyone" and "Smooth Flow", from Neil Cicierega's 2014 mash-up album Mouth Sounds, and on two tracks, "Smooth" and "poo poo", from the 2017 follow-up album Mouth Moods.

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

being old enough to remember when that song's music video was played endlessly on vh1 I can confidently say that they've chosen the lamest loving song to base a meme on

Suspicious Dish
Sep 24, 2011

2020 is the year of linux on the desktop, bro
Fun Shoe
Oh hey I did a stupid smooth mashup once https://youtu.be/Sq7gtQDJgQY

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Paintbrush_(software)#/media/File:Paintbrush_screenshot.png

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

One such example of a "new sincerity" movement is the brony fandom, generally adult and primarily male fans of the 2010 animated show My Little Pony: Friendship Is Magicwhich is produced by Hasbro to sell its toys to young girls. These fans have been called "internet neo-sincerity at its best", unabashedly enjoying the show and challenging the preconceived gender roles that such a show ordinarily carries.[46][47]

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

𝓪 𝓻𝓮𝓭 𝓹𝓪𝓷𝓭𝓪 𝓲𝓼 𝓪 𝓬𝓾𝓻𝓲𝓸𝓾𝓼 𝓼𝓸𝓻𝓽 𝓸𝓯 𝓬𝓻𝓮𝓪𝓽𝓾𝓻𝓮
loving hell, man

Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat
if that's internet neo-sincerity at its best i'll take internet neo-sincerity at its worst

Trig Discipline
Jun 3, 2008

Please leave the room if you think this might offend you.
Grimey Drawer

Sham bam bamina! posted:

if that's internet neo-sincerity at its best i'll take internet neo-sincerity at its worst

theflyingorc
Jun 28, 2008

ANY GOOD OPINIONS THIS POSTER CLAIMS TO HAVE ARE JUST PROOF THAT BULLYING WORKS
Young Orc

quote:

"Sweet Caroline" was played at Penn State Nittany Lions football games at Beaver Stadium until August 2012, halting after the Penn State child sex abuse scandal.[29][30]

also

quote:

On March 23, 2019 following a first round NCAA upset, University of California, Irvine fans at a post game celebration changed lyrics from “bump bum bum” to “zot, zot, zot” (the campus’ athletics rallying cry). This was the first know use of such a change of lyrics.

Zohar
Jul 14, 2013

Good kitty

quote:

Sources
Plutarch - the main surviving biography of Eumenes is by Plutarch. Plutarch's parallel Roman life was the life of Sertorius.
Diodorus - Eumenes is a significant figure in books 16–18 of Diodorus's history
Historie, a historical fiction manga based on Eumenes' life.

Devonaut
Jul 10, 2001

Devoted Astronaut

There are no markings on the night sky, though there exist many sky maps to aid stargazers in identifying constellations and other celestial objects.

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually
Hora aderat briligi. Nunc et Slythia Tova
Plurima gyrabant gymbolitare vabo;
Et Borogovorum mimzebant undique formae,
Momiferique omnes exgrabure Rathi.

goblin week
Jan 26, 2019

Absolute clown.

animist
Aug 28, 2018

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART

what's the remaining 1.42%

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

Pakled posted:

bitcoin

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Pakled posted:

the worst outcome of all, that humanity does not go extinct

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band
List of films considered the best

See also
  • List of best picture awards
  • List of film awards
  • List of highest-grossing films
  • List of film-related topics
  • List of films with a 100% rating on Rotten Tomatoes
  • List of films considered the worst
  • List of video games considered the best

Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat
ebert makes about a quarter of a turn in his grave

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde
In various campaign settings
In Greyhawk

In the World of Greyhawk setting, derro are thought to be the result of breeding a race of slaves from dwarven and human stock by the Suel Imperium.

Possible creative origins

Richard Sharpe Shaver's deros are the degenerate, sadistic descendants of a proto-race that live in vast cavern complexes below the Earth.[8] The author, in a bipartite tale he claims is true, asserts that the European dero are responsible for activating "the Nazis guarding the camps to the abysmal depths of depravity to which they descended. For centuries, the dero have been doing the same things—and worse—though on a smaller scale."[9]

goblin week
Jan 26, 2019

Absolute clown.
what the gently caress

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

whats a proto-race, is it like having a different haircolor or being kinda tall?

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde
Reviewing it for The New York Times, Neil Genzlinger deplored the fact that the documentary equated great wealth with "callousness," adding that many wealthy people are very generous with their resources.[1] In The Daily Telegraph, Neil Midgley compared it to Michael Moore's documentaries.[2] He went on to suggest that it was "not entirely unconvincing," calling it "demagoguery."[2] He concluded that it was "a poor contribution."[2]

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

In 2015 Roses Express moved into the old Food Lion at Hillman Square shopping center on 103rd Street also in Jacksonville, Florida. In 2017, Roses opened a new location in Gainesville, Florida.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

goblin week posted:

what the gently caress

richard shaver and his fairy tales of deros and teros are pretty great.

at the very least they gave us some sweet rear end zine covers:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Richard_Sharpe_Shaver

Pretty good
Apr 16, 2007

e

Pretty good fucked around with this message at 21:57 on Jun 17, 2019

Elysiume
Aug 13, 2009

Alone, she fights.
I'm extremely intrigued by the war that doesn't use any biological or nuclear weapons but is still bad enough to wipe out all of humanity. unless it's something dumb like dropping an asteroid on the earth because meh

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Midjack posted:

richard shaver and his fairy tales of deros and teros are pretty great.

at the very least they gave us some sweet rear end zine covers:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Richard_Sharpe_Shaver

During the last decades of his life, Shaver devoted himself to "rock books"—stones that he believed had been created by the advanced ancient races and embedded with legible pictures and texts. He produced paintings based on the rock images and photographed the rock books extensively, as well as writing about them.

:eyepop:

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART
Post the most worthless wiki you can find

http://www.fakebands.com/wiki/index.php?title=Main_Page

fishmech
Jul 16, 2006

by VideoGames
Salad Prong

https://angrybirdsfanon.fandom.com/wiki/Main_Page

ghost emoji
Mar 11, 2016

oooOooOOOooh
In 1992, a North Hollywood man who would give only his first name ("Michael") claimed that as a child he and his brother put their pet chickens under the freeway after neighbors repeatedly complained about them. "We were afraid to confess after (their numbers) got out of hand because we thought the city would bill us", he said.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ghost emoji
Mar 11, 2016

oooOooOOOooh

https://sandwich.fandom.com/wiki/Sandwich_Wiki

Once when I was young & home alone I discovered the ultimate sandwich. I have striven to revisit this wonder all my life but have never been able. I cannot reveal the recipe for it is no longer within my grasp though I do recall the sublime sensation of strawberry mousse & cold sliced chipolatas rising up through my throat as I proved myself unworthy of this heavenly delight. It is an experience that will never fully leave me. Thank you for letting me share this,