Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Anybody lose their glasses?
Yeah, it's pretty clear they're picking up at the level they left off with the post-game deltas and going up from there. That loving flying eeveelution's adorable. Also a mega stone equivalent that gives non-mega pokes mega-equivalent stats or adds the new Crystal typing to them depending on which one you use, according to the site. Hopefully this time a ton of the cool new poo poo isn't postgame locked at least? Anyway, the last update was in January but it seems like they're chugging along.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Doobeedoo
Oct 6, 2013

Trees and plants tend to grow on this Pokemon's back because it moves so little. It loves eating food while playing with tiny Pokemon.
That rock typing on Delta Metagross is less of a hassle than it looks, actually. You don't need to rely on Stone Edge, it gets a move called Diamond Storm that used to be exclusive to Diancie. 100 power, 95% accuracy, and they even doubled the PP from what it says it is on Bulbapedia.

Edit: Uh. Hold up, why do I have an avatar? I'm certainly happy with it, but I'm worried someone gave it to the wrong person

Leraika
Jun 14, 2015

Luckily, I *did* save your old avatar. Fucked around and found out indeed.

Doobeedoo posted:

Edit: Uh. Hold up, why do I have an avatar? I'm certainly happy with it, but I'm worried someone gave it to the wrong person

People have been randomly giving avatars to other people to help Lowtax pay his medical bills and for the site.

DoubleNegative
Jan 27, 2010

The most virtuous child in the entire world.

Kitfox88 posted:

DN are you gonna do Azurite next? I wanna see more from these devs

It's not out yet. :v: Instead, I'm working on four other projects, plus AM2R.

please send help

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Anybody lose their glasses?
at least it's a very good and cute mysterious avatar out of the blue and not some giant redtext

EDIT: is that a .hack I see? Also please don't burn out :v:

Doobeedoo
Oct 6, 2013

Trees and plants tend to grow on this Pokemon's back because it moves so little. It loves eating food while playing with tiny Pokemon.

Leraika posted:

People have been randomly giving avatars to other people to help Lowtax pay his medical bills and for the site.

Ah. Then thank you to whoever gave this one to me. Delta Snorlax is wonderful, and it's good to see it more.

Supremezero
Apr 28, 2013

hay gurl

DoubleNegative posted:

please send help

If I inform you when Azurite comes out, does that qualify as "help"?

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Leraika posted:

Man, I wish I had gotten that then instead of this dumb redtext. It even took away my Reborn tag.

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

RIP Lutri: 5/19/20-4/2/20
:blizz::gamefreak:

Kitfox88 posted:

at least it's a very good and cute mysterious avatar out of the blue and not some giant redtext

EDIT: is that a .hack I see? Also please don't burn out :v:

I would direct you to This update.

yes

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

"LET'S GET DOWN TO WORK!!"

DoubleNegative posted:

please send help

Wait, you're doing a Subnautica LP?

Black Robe
Sep 12, 2017

Generic Magic User

Doobeedoo posted:

It's a wild random encounter, obviously.

DoubleNegative posted:

please send help

Subnautica and King's Quest? You'll get no help here.

Carpator Diei
Feb 26, 2011

Cacturne fainted for our misplays.

It's really nice that they're making another game; Insurgence seemed to be pretty much improving constantly with the later parts, and from the quality of the artwork this seems like quite a big project. And while the story bits on the website do sound like they're going for a somewhat more "mature" tone than the official games, they at least got rid of the cults. From their description, Team Vitreus already seems more interesting than the whole villain gaggle of Insurgence.

Saladin Rising
Nov 12, 2016

When there is no real hope we must
mint our own. If the coin be
counterfeit it may still be passed.

I can't wait for Miror B., that dude was easily the best part of the Orre games and his new Azurite look is fabulously snazzy:

I think this is probably the best proof that Insurgence is (on the whole) a good fan-game, we're actually excited for another fan-game made by the same team.

Arcade Rabbit
Nov 11, 2013

A lot of the art on their website actually matches the official stuff fairly well. Maybe not in design, but at least in terms of proportion, color, and overall style and pose. They're clearly trying very hard with this, I just hope the game is out soon before Nintendo spots it and have to kill it.

The Door Frame
Dec 5, 2011

I don't know man everytime I go to the gym here there are like two huge dudes with raging high and tights snorting Nitro-tech off of each other's rock hard abs.
It's good enough (or at least this LP is so good) that it got me to download it. I got so burned by Uranium that I wrote off fan games as hyper competitive pokemon players bashing their heads against a wall and trying to out edgelord each other

What happened to the other fan game that looked really cute that was releasing partial builds around the time that Uranium got DMCA'd to hell?

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

We gazed into the eyes of madness... And all we found was horny.

Sage, maybe?

Leraika
Jun 14, 2015

Luckily, I *did* save your old avatar. Fucked around and found out indeed.
Ethereal Gates?

MR. J
Nov 22, 2011

Chuck and Fuck

DoubleNegative posted:

please send help

I just finished Subnautica myself today. Will look forward to that :)
AM2R is awesome too, and I'll probably quietly follow that thread too.

I very much enjoyed Insurgence, though. Great LP you've done.

The Door Frame
Dec 5, 2011

I don't know man everytime I go to the gym here there are like two huge dudes with raging high and tights snorting Nitro-tech off of each other's rock hard abs.
Ethereal Gates! That's the one, it's still in development, which is good, I guess

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Carpator Diei posted:

Cacturne fainted for our misplays.

It's really nice that they're making another game; Insurgence seemed to be pretty much improving constantly with the later parts, and from the quality of the artwork this seems like quite a big project. And while the story bits on the website do sound like they're going for a somewhat more "mature" tone than the official games, they at least got rid of the cults. From their description, Team Vitreus already seems more interesting than the whole villain gaggle of Insurgence.

I think the biggest thing about Insurgence is they know how to balance the edgy/mature bits out with legitimate charm.

Victory Road not withstanding.

EclecticTastes
Sep 17, 2012

"Most plans are critically flawed by their own logic. A failure at any step will ruin everything after it. That's just basic cause and effect. It's easy for a good plan to fall apart. Therefore, a plan that has no attachment to logic cannot be stopped."
I hate to be That Guy, but, adding not one, but five new types seems like a pretty bad idea. There's a reason new types are added so rarely in the actual games. Like, what could "Mystic" or "Cosmic" do that isn't already covered by multiple other types? Fairy literally does all the things a "Light" type could do, while also balancing Dragon-types out. All adding "Crystal" does is rob Rock of potential new moves that might actually have accuracy that isn't rear end. How many more sound-based moves could there be after the handful that already exist?

Supremezero
Apr 28, 2013

hay gurl

Saladin Rising posted:

I can't wait for Miror B., that dude was easily the best part of the Orre games and his new Azurite look is fabulously snazzy:

I think this is probably the best proof that Insurgence is (on the whole) a good fan-game, we're actually excited for another fan-game made by the same team.

He's... he's so... beautiful...

The Golux
Feb 18, 2017

Internet Cephalopod

EclecticTastes posted:

I hate to be That Guy, but, adding not one, but five new types seems like a pretty bad idea. There's a reason new types are added so rarely in the actual games. Like, what could "Mystic" or "Cosmic" do that isn't already covered by multiple other types? Fairy literally does all the things a "Light" type could do, while also balancing Dragon-types out. All adding "Crystal" does is rob Rock of potential new moves that might actually have accuracy that isn't rear end. How many more sound-based moves could there be after the handful that already exist?

This is my biggest concern about Azurite, especially the number of retyped older mons.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

EclecticTastes posted:

That's definitely a rightful complaint of the game and one I share. Crystal at least is an interesting gimmick but the rest don't have any reason to exist beyond dumb fans wanting stuff without actually thinking of what that stuff would add to the gameplay.

The rest of the game looks really neat but the types feel like they come from the bad part of the fandom.

Robindaybird
Aug 21, 2007

Neat. Sweet. Petite.

yeah, the new typing is the thing that gives me pause - I hope they do take balance into account.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

EclecticTastes posted:

I agree whole heartedly.

At least the sprite work should be pretty good :v:

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Isn't That Right, Chairman?

I’ve been following Azurite for years now. The over abundance of new types is weak, but overall they’ve got some really neat ideas going on. I didn’t realize it was made by the Insurgence devs!

EclecticTastes posted:

Crystal isn’t a full typing, at least. It’s a gimmicky thing where Crystallization is a similar mechanic to Mega Evolving. I don’t think it’s really robbing Rock of much. :shrug:

The other types can gtfo though.

OgretailFood
Oct 9, 2012

Recommended by 10 out of 10 Aragami

Agreed with the new types however I can't hate Cosmic because GALAXY SPIRITOMB :allears:

Supremezero
Apr 28, 2013

hay gurl

Vandar posted:

I’ve been following Azurite for years now. The over abundance of new types is weak, but overall they’ve got some really neat ideas going on. I didn’t realize it was made by the Insurgence devs!

Crystal isn’t a full typing, at least. It’s a gimmicky thing where Crystallization is a similar mechanic to Mega Evolving. I don’t think it’s really robbing Rock of much. :shrug:

The other types can gtfo though.

Except it's also a type. Any of the crystal pokemon become crystal type.

So it has to do things.

Thundersword238
Oct 15, 2012

It sorts helps that crystal is a neutral type, not being weak or super-effective against anything. I'm not sure if they have STAB or not though, that might be an issue depending on how strong the moves are.

For the most part I don't mind most of the new types, they only hit a few things for super damage, and mostly work against each other. The only issue I have is sound, which hits a lot more stuff, and being able to go through protect has me worried it'll be too powerful

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

Thundersword238 posted:

The only issue I have is sound, which hits a lot more stuff, and being able to go through protect has me worried it'll be too powerful

As a counterpoint, that does give Soundproof more value as an Ability, assuming it still functions to nullify damage from Sound-based moves. (I assume it'd just change to "from Sound-type moves").

Supremezero
Apr 28, 2013

hay gurl

Thundersword238 posted:

It sorts helps that crystal is a neutral type, not being weak or super-effective against anything. I'm not sure if they have STAB or not though, that might be an issue depending on how strong the moves are.

For the most part I don't mind most of the new types, they only hit a few things for super damage, and mostly work against each other. The only issue I have is sound, which hits a lot more stuff, and being able to go through protect has me worried it'll be too powerful

There was a crystal type move in Insurgence, so presumably there will be at least that one in Azurite.

The Golux
Feb 18, 2017

Internet Cephalopod

it says on the Azurite site that there will be crystal moves that crystallized mons get STAB on. There is a held item that makes the holder's attacks super-effective against Crystal, though.

On a more petty level, I disagree strongly with the type affinities of the Azurite sound type (Super effective on Electric, Fighting, Rock, Psychic, Ice, and Mystic; Not very effective against Grass, Flying, Ground, Poison, and Steel; nulled by Cosmic and Sound; Weak to Water, Flying, Ground, Poison, and Cosmic; Resists Fighting, Dark, and Mystic; Immune to Sound).

EclecticTastes
Sep 17, 2012

"Most plans are critically flawed by their own logic. A failure at any step will ruin everything after it. That's just basic cause and effect. It's easy for a good plan to fall apart. Therefore, a plan that has no attachment to logic cannot be stopped."

The Golux posted:

it says on the Azurite site that there will be crystal moves that crystallized mons get STAB on. There is a held item that makes the holder's attacks super-effective against Crystal, though.

On a more petty level, I disagree strongly with the type affinities of the Azurite sound type (Super effective on Electric, Fighting, Rock, Psychic, Ice, and Mystic; Not very effective against Grass, Flying, Ground, Poison, and Steel; nulled by Cosmic and Sound; Weak to Water, Flying, Ground, Poison, and Cosmic; Resists Fighting, Dark, and Mystic; Immune to Sound).

Okay, let's see if I can work out the logic here:

-Sound breaks brittle materials (rock, ice) but not if it's too hard (steel) or too supple (grass). Also Sound not being super effective against Crystal is the dumbest thing because obviously.

-Sound disrupts focus (psychic, mystic, fighting)

-Sound passes more easily through water and earth (water, ground).

-Sound waves can't travel through vacuum (cosmic).

-Uhh, because flying disrupts air with most of its moves, it can gently caress up sound waves in motion? (flying)

-I have no idea why electric, dark, and poison have those relationships.

Yeah, it's pretty bad and kind of a perfect case against making Sound an "official" type.

Carlioo
Dec 26, 2012

:krakentoot:
It doesn't help that Sound has way too many reactions to types. When Fairy was introduced, it only had 6 offensive and defensive reactions each, which makes it easier to remember. Sound has 13 offensive reactions and 9 defensive. Do they seriously expect me to remember all of them for every new type?

Best of luck to them though, Azurite looks mostly neat even if I'd be playing it with a type chart.

The Golux
Feb 18, 2017

Internet Cephalopod

for what it's worth when I was trying to come up with a sound type, I had it super-effective on steel because metal resonates with sound and not very effective on ground and ice because loose earth/sand and snow both really suck up sound. It was super-effective on rock and I think bug, though. I don't remember exactly what I had but the bigger point is what Carlioo said - most types don't have very many interactions (and, like, steel only has a lot because it basically defaults to resisting rather than neutral), and having that many makes them harder to learn.

MR. J
Nov 22, 2011

Chuck and Fuck
I still have trouble remembering how fairy works outside of reigning in the dragon spam. :saddowns:

Roro
Oct 9, 2012

HOO'S HEAD GOES ALL THE WAY AROUND?

MR. J posted:

I still have trouble remembering how fairy works outside of reigning in the dragon spam. :saddowns:

Fairies are burned by iron, hence the weakness to Steel. gently caress knows why Poison though.

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

RIP Lutri: 5/19/20-4/2/20
:blizz::gamefreak:

Roro posted:

Fairies are burned by iron, hence the weakness to Steel. gently caress knows why Poison though.

Spirits are harmed by damage to the land, I presume.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Supremezero
Apr 28, 2013

hay gurl

Roro posted:

So poison can stop sucking :v: