Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

You've got guts! Come to my village, I'll buy you lunch.
Teeming Virulence is insane, with an ability strength-focused build and Parasitic Link on an ally you're looking at somewhere in the ballpark of +400% crit chance on your weapon, and all you have to do to get it is something Nidus was always looking to do anyways. And you don't really have to sacrifice much of anything from a regular Nidus build, just don't go Umbral (unless you have the u-forma) and maybe swap out one of your range mods for more power.

I'm also curious to see how / if this interacts with Harrow's buff (and I'm pretty sure it'll interact normally with Chroma's, but I still want to see how big the numbers get :v: ).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mailer
Nov 4, 2009

Have you accepted The Void as your lord and savior?
Looks like it's time to start playing Nidus before the nerf happens.

Helter Skelter
Feb 10, 2004

BEARD OF HAVOC

Tuxedo Catfish posted:

I'm also curious to see how / if this interacts with Harrow's buff (and I'm pretty sure it'll interact normally with Chroma's, but I still want to see how big the numbers get :v: ).
Harrow's buff adds flat crit chance and isn't affected by mods/other powers, which lets you do goofy things like make Nukor actually kind of viable.

Teeming Virulence isn't gonna be very useful unless your gun already has decent base crit chance, since it's basically just acting like another crit chance mod (much like Vex Armor acts like another base damage mod).

YerDa Zabam
Aug 13, 2016

I ran out of melee stuff to level so I've used the Atterax a lot and fallen in love with it.
Today I got a 75% off so bought 370 plat and bought Maiming Strike for 190, so only like IRL £4 I suppose).
I love it, it's so broken.

How many weeks/days until it's nerferd?

Haha, even if melee 3.0 kills this thing in a week, it's been worth it.

YerDa Zabam fucked around with this message at 07:41 on Apr 12, 2019

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

Adolf Glitter posted:

How many weeks/days until it's nerferd?

Atterax has been very good and popular for a long time, so not any time this side of Melee 3 I guess

clone on the phone
Aug 5, 2003

I don’t think we’ll see any more melee changes until the 3.0 patch and who knows what will change or when it will be. Sounds like it will be pretty substantial though so anything could happen to the weapons and mods.

FunkyFjord
Jul 18, 2004

The two major things we have left for melee updates are how stances and combos work in general and a melee weapon balance pass / retooling. These could come at the same time, and probably have different teams working on them, but they both probably have a lot of smaller stuff bundled up with them so who knows if we're in for one or two more major melee updates.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

So I've spent more time with her, and I really like Garuda's whole concept but I'm not sure she's very good. She could get there, but she's not there yet. Her claws aren't very useful and don't really interact with any of her abilities. Her nuke on 4 is cool but very slow to use. There aren't many situations I've found in which you want to be playing with low health, so her passive isn't great. The synergy between her first three abilities is nice, but the big explosion on Dread Mirror just doesn't get to see a lot of use. The fact that she so heavily targets single enemies and can't just clear rooms like the more powerful frames are really holding her back. I also think she's kinda buggy now.

It's a shame because she's very cool but I hope she gets some serious patch work.

edit: She'd clearly shine real hard in certain situations, but right now she's not helpful in the vast majority of missions.

Xun
Apr 25, 2010

I find her 4 pretty quick to use if I need some fast damage, although I use her more as a very mobile gun platform with the blood orb explosion being for emergencies

Bug Squash
Mar 18, 2009

I've been farming Pavlov with Limbo for my final Ivara part. I've got the whole thing down really fast now, but I still have trouble with the coloured lights puzzle at the end of C. Right now I record it on my phone so I don't mess it up, but is there a way to speed cheese that room or C in general?

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

I dusted off Revenant for a little bit and it seems like the changes to 3 did make it a lot more useful. Rather than slamming you into the wall opposite you, now you're at a steerable speed.

I tried to remember what 1 did but it's hard to tell because everyone's dead pretty fast.

SIGSEGV
Nov 4, 2010

The quick thinking mod makes her passive less dangerous to use. Her claws are status claws with exceptional range and are pretty handy to have set up as full status, range, condition overload and healing return, makes grabbing health back very easy.

She's one of those frames that are heavily dependent on having the right mods.

(And yeah, she doesn't kill the map in one blow, but she has a nice combo where you can use her 4 and then the nuke from her 1 to bleed everyone to death.)

KongGeorgeVII
Feb 17, 2009

Flow like a
harpoon
daily and nightly.

Bug Squash posted:

I've been farming Pavlov with Limbo for my final Ivara part. I've got the whole thing down really fast now, but I still have trouble with the coloured lights puzzle at the end of C. Right now I record it on my phone so I don't mess it up, but is there a way to speed cheese that room or C in general?

Look up a run on YouTube. You don't have to do the lights puzzle at all. There is a rift on the right as you enter that room you can shoot that gives you a way to bypass it.

Cricken_Nigfops
Oct 25, 2011

CROM!
Revenant was pretty awful on release but is pretty fun now with the proper forma investment. His 1 is still pretty much a gimmick and not useful overall but his other skills are useful.

Avulsion
Feb 12, 2006
I never knew what hit me
Fun Revenant facts:

You can take damage while Mesmer Skin is active, but you cannot die. Certain things, like self damage from explosive weapons or Orb Mother detonations will hurt you, but they cannot take you below 2 hp.

You can recast Mesmer Skin at any time, but there is a split second of vulnerability when the old Skin is dispelled. If you have 2 hp and are standing in a puddle of napalm from your Penta, you will die.

Using Reave on a thrall will drain 40% of its health and shields and restore 40% of your health and shields. 250 power strength will raise those numbers to 100%.

Have fun!

Seditiar
Aug 5, 2012

Tuxedo Catfish posted:

Teeming Virulence is insane, with an ability strength-focused build and Parasitic Link on an ally you're looking at somewhere in the ballpark of +400% crit chance on your weapon, and all you have to do to get it is something Nidus was always looking to do anyways. And you don't really have to sacrifice much of anything from a regular Nidus build, just don't go Umbral (unless you have the u-forma) and maybe swap out one of your range mods for more power.

Yeah it's great, my Amprex was red critting fairly often. I managed to fit all umbrals (maxed) without an umbra forma so he's still tanky AF. Nowhere close to Chroma's tankiness but then again, no Warframe is.

GenericOverusedName
Nov 24, 2009

KUVA TEAM EPIC
Garuda gets bonkers when you learn which enemies have high hp. Her blood orb' s initial charge after cracking open a dude is based upon the hp of that enemy. Infested have a ton of high hp enemies, so go for chunky things like boilers and ancients. For corpus, crack open oxium ospreys, bursas, corpus techs, eximii, etc. The grineer loving suck because their big units mostly have huge armor instead of hp. You can keep ripping folks apart and it'll refresh the duration of your shield and continue to add to the orb's damage. You get bonus damage added if you actually kill somebody with it, which happens if the enemy is at <40% health iirc, so try to do that. The augment is really nice and I'm liking it.

The other thing that charges up the blood orb nuke is the damage that is absorbed by the shield. You're not always in a situation where you can make use of it, but trying to angle your camera and absorb fire with it does help.

Once you have a big silly number over your head to find a crowd, cast 4 to prime everybody for massive bleed, and chaos dunk them into the next dimension.

Both the orb and her 4 don't care about walls or cover, so I go for a high amount of range so that I can blow up whole rooms with a bloody basketball. That'll also give you a lot of space to work with if you want to set up some overlapping altars and heal / regain energy rapidly.

I really like her, and she's my go-to for infested missions a lot. I bring her to sorties!

Horace Kinch
Aug 15, 2007

Bug Squash posted:

The way I do it is by assigning keypad numbers to each light like so.

7 x 9
4 5 6
1 x 3

Where 5 is the button you shoot to begin the sequence. Then I just mimic the pattern that plays by opening my chatbox and typing the numbers as the lights activate.

That room can also be skipped by using the time portal just to the right of the entrance. After going through the corridor to the left, you'll need to send some exploding barrels through the rifts to open up holes in the wall to get to the console.

Horace Kinch fucked around with this message at 13:28 on Apr 12, 2019

Bholder
Feb 26, 2013

One thing to remember is that all portals are two ways, you just have to hit them to open up.

Pretty sure most Luna spy rooms have multiple solutions and some of these solutions lets you skip nearly all the puzzles.

Blhue
Apr 22, 2008

Fallen Rib
The way I did it was by not doing lua spy. I did t3s on Neptune iirc, since those were corpus vaults which are ideal for limbo

Anora
Feb 16, 2014

I fuckin suck!🪠
Tried to do an Arbitration, but got one shotted. It was 300% for Gara, and I managed to get my shatter storm up to 722K damage, didn't need to attack at that point (except for those fun ruining Nullifiers).

Managed to get the last part of Mag Prime in a pubbie Neo defence, also got a Volt Prime BP, but I need a couple of parts for him. Also finished the Limbo mission, just waiting for him to finish, and waiting on my clan to finish the Banshee parts (2 days out)

So far the only frames I'm missing are all three from Fortuna, Wukong, Atlas, Nidus, Harrow, Trinity, Khora, and I need to get Mesa and Zephyr's non-prime versions (for MR). And like half of those are ones where I just need to sit down and farm where they drop.

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

You've got guts! Come to my village, I'll buy you lunch.

Seditiar posted:

Yeah it's great, my Amprex was red critting fairly often. I managed to fit all umbrals (maxed) without an umbra forma so he's still tanky AF. Nowhere close to Chroma's tankiness but then again, no Warframe is.

uhh I've found Nidus way more tanky than Chroma pretty much always, and then there's Inaros

maybe I've just been playing Chroma wrong though

Anora posted:

Tried to do an Arbitration, but got one shotted. It was 300% for Gara, and I managed to get my shatter storm up to 722K damage, didn't need to attack at that point (except for those fun ruining Nullifiers).

the frame bonus is a trap, bring something tanky or better yet, tanky with a cheat death passive / buff

Seditiar
Aug 5, 2012

Chroma got a huge (I believe undocumented) buff where Vex armor doesn't get removed by Nullifiers anymore, only his Elemental Ward. You just can't recast it, which gives me a 1-40 second time window to get out and recast it again.

So Corpus doesn't drain energy nor can it remove Chroma's tank buff, it's a joke. :v:

Edit:

Tuxedo Catfish posted:

uhh I've found Nidus way more tanky than Chroma pretty much always, and then there's Inaros

maybe I've just been playing Chroma wrong though

I see most Chromas die way too often, not really sure what they're running. I've seen some talk about electric or cold elemental wards, which (tank wise) are hilariously inferior to Fire since Vex' rework. Toxin's alright for Profittaker due to the weapon swapping.

Chroma requires a huge loadout to really get ridiculously safe and tanky, but once you're there it's insane.

Seditiar fucked around with this message at 15:57 on Apr 12, 2019

Fruity20
Jul 28, 2018

Do you believe in magic, Tenno?

Seditiar posted:

Chroma got a huge (I believe undocumented) buff where Vex armor doesn't get removed by Nullifiers anymore, only his Elemental Ward. You just can't recast it, which gives me a 1-40 second time window to get out and recast it again.

So Corpus doesn't drain energy nor can it remove Chroma's tank buff, it's a joke. :v:

Edit:

I see most Chromas die way too often, not really sure what they're running. I've seen some talk about electric or cold elemental wards, which (tank wise) are hilariously inferior to Fire since Vex' rework. Toxin's alright for Profittaker due to the weapon swapping.

Chroma requires a huge loadout to really get ridiculously safe and tanky, but once you're there it's insane.

nidus is kinda squishy in lower levels i must admit and it took me some time to get use to his lack of shields...and oddly, in some missions i didn't die as often as nidus compared to chroma. then again i used the poison elemental ward for me chroma for some time until i switched it for the fire type.

gaj70
Jan 26, 2013

Blhue posted:

The way I did it was by not doing lua spy. I did t3s on Neptune iirc, since those were corpus vaults which are ideal for limbo

Same. Sprint Boost/rush/intruder Limbo + invis dog makes them quick and easy.

Spoiler mode can also help on the rare occasions you set off an alarm between rooms.

Ben Nerevarine
Apr 14, 2006
I got insanely frustrated yesterday by a Lua Nightmare Spy mission when the Corpus guy among the 4 mobs that unfreeze in sequence at the end of one of the vaults got stuck underneath a stairwell and was impossible to shoot.

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

I always thought there should be a 2 or 3 second delay to nullifiers. Like you hit the bubble, there's a rising buzz noise in the background as an audio cue, and then if you're still in the bubble, the mag proc / nullification goes off, giving you time to get out of there if you're an iron skin Rhino, or even worse a warding halo Nezha.

Travic
May 27, 2007

Getting nowhere fast

ughhhh posted:

I mainly use trade chat with the filters during weekends between rounds or when I get bored and I can make 60~100p usually. Just need to rmrber what you have in stock to sell.

This is crazy. I just dipped my toes in the market to see how it went and I made 50 platinum! Now I just have to balance selling things for plat vs selling for dukats so I buy Baro's stuff during Tennocon.

Seditiar
Aug 5, 2012

Bobby Deluxe posted:

I always thought there should be a 2 or 3 second delay to nullifiers. Like you hit the bubble, there's a rising buzz noise in the background as an audio cue, and then if you're still in the bubble, the mag proc / nullification goes off, giving you time to get out of there if you're an iron skin Rhino, or even worse a warding halo Nezha.

Imo the best way to do it is like the Mutation stacks of Nidus. Lose 2 stacks (or seconds extra) per second you're in the Nullifier with a growing increase the longer you stay in it.

Make channeling stuff cost twice the energy while you stay in it, going to triple/quadruple if you stay in it for several seconds. Not being able to recast while you're in it is fine to stay.

Stacking buffs maybe eat 2 stacks per second and go from there or whatever.

FunkyFjord
Jul 18, 2004

After a few weeks or so it really is easy to make at least a fairly consistent small amount of plat, and this really only gets more and more easy the longer you play.

For newer players with any spending cash at all the Tennocon tickets are pretty worth it. Not only do you get some plat and cosmetics but you get access to Tennocon Baro, who shows up in a locked relay carrying every single item he's ever sold.

mentalcontempt
Sep 4, 2002

I’ve been trading most of my spare prime stuff for ducats since I’m a newer player and don’t have much of his stuff. I also bought the Tennocon ticket thing, which makes me feel like I need to hoard ducats in preparation. Consequently I haven’t had much stuff to trade for plat.

Should I be looking more closely at trade values and selling prime stuff for plat, then using plat to buy prime junk for ducats?

Kaiju Cage Match
Nov 5, 2012

You can use ducats to buy Baro weapons* and mods to then trade those to other players for plat

*Only weapons that are unranked without a bluetater installed can be traded

Tulip
Jun 3, 2008

yeah thats pretty good

Thanks for the suggestions, I guess I'm going SnO later tonight.

Tuxedo Catfish posted:

the frame bonus is a trap, bring something tanky or better yet, tanky with a cheat death passive / buff

I'm not a big fan of tanky frames, I find them dull and if guns are my main tool I'd rather use Mirage, but when I need tank power my experience is

Gara >>> Rhino > Chroma > Inaros

Gara with no armor HP or shield mods is reliable for over an hour of arbitration, unless I fall in a pit and get slammed with a Bombard during the recovery animation.

WhiteHowler
Apr 3, 2001

I'M HUGE!
Does anyone have a build for a good, tanky Gara?

GenericOverusedName
Nov 24, 2009

KUVA TEAM EPIC
I'm fairly sure I could keep my Gara going for a few hours worth of arbitration, but I sure as hell don't have the patience to try it.

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan

WhiteHowler posted:

Does anyone have a build for a good, tanky Gara?

6 Formas and 3 Umbral Mods

GenericOverusedName
Nov 24, 2009

KUVA TEAM EPIC
Max range and spectrorage, stack damage all day.

E: and enough str to get that damage reduction of course.

Rainuwastaken
Oct 30, 2012

Another blue ribbon for Hecarim.

GenericOverusedName posted:

Garuda gets bonkers when you learn which enemies have high hp. I really like her, and she's my go-to for infested missions a lot. I bring her to sorties!

Could you post your build? Garuda seems neat but I have no idea how to make her shine. That and the fact that my game inexplicably hitches for a couple seconds every time I switch to her and it has to load her claws in have had her collecting dust in the back of my arsenal, but I wanna give her another shot.

DoombatINC
Apr 20, 2003

Here's the thing, I'm a feminist.

GenericOverusedName posted:

Max range and spectrorage, stack damage all day.

E: and enough str to get that damage reduction of course.

It's this, this is the right answer. At least 30% strength (29% technically?) , tons of range, high duration, and a stat stick melee with lots of +damage and +elemental. Efficiency, QoL mods and more strength added to taste - I love Spectrorage since it makes a bigass cattle pen that you can harvest for energy as needed, and her casting feels fantastic with Natural Talent.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Seditiar
Aug 5, 2012

Tulip posted:

I'm not a big fan of tanky frames, I find them dull and if guns are my main tool I'd rather use Mirage

That's what I like about Chroma, you get the damage boost of a Mirage (and also share it with others) while also being a beefy frame. For a raw gun platform he's ideal for me though it'd be neat if they would rework his 1 and 4.

Edit: Apparently Mirage's bonus is multiplicative instead of Chroma's additive, so Mirage's damage is probably close to twice as high of Chroma's then, depending on build. Goddamn. :v:

Seditiar fucked around with this message at 17:54 on Apr 12, 2019